Tickle is pissed

Lucifa.
1/5/2019 1:43pm
dkg wrote:
Generally agree with you on the penalties, but, don't understand the lack of urgency. Fundamental fairness ought to at least require some diligence in getting things...
Generally agree with you on the penalties, but, don't understand the lack of urgency. Fundamental fairness ought to at least require some diligence in getting things moving. This entire situation is not Rocket Science particularly from the point of view of the FIM. They have a dirty test. It then falls on Tickle to explain it, if he can. Tickle says he wants a hearing to do so. How can it take so long to simply set a hearing? In Tickle's case the difference between 2 years and 4 years is very significant probably career ending or career changing. Depending on mitigating circumstances, it is possible for the penalty to be less than the usual 2/4 years. The biggest difficulty I have with your logic is that the potential length of penalty should never dictate fundamental fairness or due process. If this were the case why have a capital murder trial at all? The potential penalty generally ranges in the area of 20 years to life.

You are generally correct in that criminal trials can take 9 months or longer, however, this is also generally because it is the DEFENDANT (i.e. Tickle) not the prosecution (i.e. FIM) that extends the time. At least in the USA, there are speedy trial rights. By way of example many jurisdictions are required to get it done in 60 days unless the defendant extends the time. One of the biggest complaints against most fascist governments is the lack of speedy trials or in some cases a trial at all.

Perhaps a more relevant question: "Is the FIM a fascist organization?"

Reading the WADA code, the standard is a reasonable time. The FIM is bound by this standard. I don't agree that 9 months of inaction is reasonable.
GrapeApe wrote:
Without knowing anything going on behind the scenes, how can you say the delay to this point is reasonable or unreasonable? You have no information upon...
Without knowing anything going on behind the scenes, how can you say the delay to this point is reasonable or unreasonable? You have no information upon which to reach a definitive conclusion, other than a social media post from Brock Tickle saying the FIM and WADA are conspiring to take away his livelihood. I'm pretty certain WADA has no clue who Brock Tickle is and doesn't really care, and certainly isn't conspiring with FIM to take away his livelihood. But, like you, I have no information to back that up so I can't say it definitively.

What Tickle is going through is not out of the ordinary for WADA, it's just what you have to deal with when you ingest a banned substance and get caught. If I were Tickle I would be frustrated and impatient as well, and would want my case treated with the highest level of urgency. But to WADA, his case is just a number in a very long line of other case numbers that will eventually reach a final hearing. And then, hopefully, he will get the good news that his suspension is 2 years instead of 4 years.
PJRAUS wrote:
Well your reply proves that wada is not up to the job...understaffed..overwhelmed? This is not Brock Tickel's fault yet he has to pay the price for...
Well your reply proves that wada is not up to the job...understaffed..overwhelmed? This is not Brock Tickel's fault yet he has to pay the price for it.
He is being criticised for being unprofessional in not knowing exactly what he was taking...how unprofessional is it of the drug testing authority to have to take several months to get to his case?
Wada us a bad joke..
Moral of the story is know what the fuck you’re putting into your own body because YOU ARE GOING TO BE TESTED. Been there done that with my cycling career.
PJRAUS
1/5/2019 2:00pm
GrapeApe wrote:
Without knowing anything going on behind the scenes, how can you say the delay to this point is reasonable or unreasonable? You have no information upon...
Without knowing anything going on behind the scenes, how can you say the delay to this point is reasonable or unreasonable? You have no information upon which to reach a definitive conclusion, other than a social media post from Brock Tickle saying the FIM and WADA are conspiring to take away his livelihood. I'm pretty certain WADA has no clue who Brock Tickle is and doesn't really care, and certainly isn't conspiring with FIM to take away his livelihood. But, like you, I have no information to back that up so I can't say it definitively.

What Tickle is going through is not out of the ordinary for WADA, it's just what you have to deal with when you ingest a banned substance and get caught. If I were Tickle I would be frustrated and impatient as well, and would want my case treated with the highest level of urgency. But to WADA, his case is just a number in a very long line of other case numbers that will eventually reach a final hearing. And then, hopefully, he will get the good news that his suspension is 2 years instead of 4 years.
PJRAUS wrote:
Well your reply proves that wada is not up to the job...understaffed..overwhelmed? This is not Brock Tickel's fault yet he has to pay the price for...
Well your reply proves that wada is not up to the job...understaffed..overwhelmed? This is not Brock Tickel's fault yet he has to pay the price for it.
He is being criticised for being unprofessional in not knowing exactly what he was taking...how unprofessional is it of the drug testing authority to have to take several months to get to his case?
Wada us a bad joke..
Lucifa. wrote:
Moral of the story is know what the fuck you’re putting into your own body because YOU ARE GOING TO BE TESTED. Been there done that...
Moral of the story is know what the fuck you’re putting into your own body because YOU ARE GOING TO BE TESTED. Been there done that with my cycling career.
I agree with you but just how hard is it to do in reality.?..I dont know...I guess if I was a professional athlete I would find out.
In the USA, this only seems to have become an issue since the FIM took over the supercross sanction.
Tickle and others cant fairly be blamed for not devoting a massive effort to knowing exactly what they are taking , they probably just read the content labels on the product and check the list...but if that product contains something not on the label either deliberately or accidentally , how are they gonna know?
Its come to the point where they will have to get every batch of product tested before consumption, and if it is in pill form, then that cant rule out an individual contaminated pill in the batch...unlikeley...but possible...
The only solution is to not take any supplements or medicines of any kind and hope that the food you eat isnt somehow contaminated with something on their long list.
Its all just a learning curve for the athletes....Tickle has been crucified and his career destroyed by a heartless and incompetent organisation that is virtually un contactable , apparently subject to no outside oversite and no investigation of their methods and procedures...in effect..a law unto themselves.
Its disgusting!
drt410
1/5/2019 5:27pm Edited Date/Time 1/5/2019 5:28pm
He wont be able to tickle his way out of this 1. Hes really in a pickle. A tickle pickle.
Awcc
1/5/2019 5:33pm
Bumbled. Hessed.

The Shop

Lucifa.
1/6/2019 1:01am
PJRAUS wrote:
Wada us a bad joke..
Lucifa. wrote:
Moral of the story is know what the fuck you’re putting into your own body because YOU ARE GOING TO BE TESTED. Been there done that...
PJRAUS wrote:
I agree with you but just how hard is it to do in reality.?..I dont know...I guess if I was a professional athlete I would find...
I agree with you but just how hard is it to do in reality.?..I dont know...I guess if I was a professional athlete I would find out.
In the USA, this only seems to have become an issue since the FIM took over the supercross sanction.
Tickle and others cant fairly be blamed for not devoting a massive effort to knowing exactly what they are taking , they probably just read the content labels on the product and check the list...but if that product contains something not on the label either deliberately or accidentally , how are they gonna know?
Its come to the point where they will have to get every batch of product tested before consumption, and if it is in pill form, then that cant rule out an individual contaminated pill in the batch...unlikeley...but possible...
The only solution is to not take any supplements or medicines of any kind and hope that the food you eat isnt somehow contaminated with something on their long list.
Its all just a learning curve for the athletes....Tickle has been crucified and his career destroyed by a heartless and incompetent organisation that is virtually un contactable , apparently subject to no outside oversite and no investigation of their methods and procedures...in effect..a law unto themselves.
Its disgusting!
It’s very hard and time consuming. It’s always in the back of your mind wondering wtf if what I ate had a trace of a banned substance even though the label didn’t go into detail. But eating the same thing week in week out, you know what’s ok. Tbh, it takes the fun out of the sport but you get paid next week and do the best you can do. Two parts to this story. Ingesting and a failed judiciary process.
MX-LIFE.
1/6/2019 3:22pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2019 3:39pm
drt410 wrote:
[url=https://dirtbikemagazine.com/amp/broc-tickle-calls-out-fim-monster-energy-supercross/]https://dirtbikemagazine.com/amp/broc-tickle-calls-out-fim-monster-energy-supercross/[/url] Rightfully so, its been 9 months and they havent said anything... 9 months is BEYOND what a reasonable suspension should have been from the start...
https://dirtbikemagazine.com/amp/broc-tickle-calls-out-fim-monster-energy-supercross/

Rightfully so, its been 9 months and they havent said anything... 9 months is BEYOND what a reasonable suspension should have been from the start. Even if hes guilty he wasnt doing cocaine or steroids...hgh, not even adderrall. He “did” some like extra crappy preworkout does literally nothing junk that just happened to be banned. No reason at all the guy should not be lined up next week. Like him or not, believe him or not, this is a joke. If Dungey had popped u think KTM drops him and the sport leaves him out to dry? Helllll no. KTM just isnt that mad cuz they got Cooper Webb.

Where is the industry outrage? Every team is one tainted suppliment away from a DEMOLISHED team/championship/career. Tainted suppliments do happen. Youd hate to see a Tomac, Ando, Marv drink some whey protein and get boned but its a very real possibility.
He shouldn't be that pissed! Hell how is this situation any different than what happened with JS7 who had legitimate script who had to sit out for year! Tickle will probably get the same deal with it and hopefully he can come back next year but I guess with Tickle is still waiting for the exact penalty?
1/6/2019 3:29pm
Psssst Bernie. (I’m a nurse)

I’ve seen nurses get carted off the ward for “drugs”

Wait it gets better:

And I’ve seen them back 3 months later.....

And saw them carted off...again a year later.

And wait for it.....
License reinstated after 12 months......

But yea you’re right dude!
EngIceDave
1/6/2019 5:37pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2019 5:38pm
Mr. Tickle was taken following the receipt of a report from the WADA accredited laboratory in Cologne indicating an Adverse Analytical Finding of 5-methylhexan-2-amine, a specified substance under Section 6 (Stimulants) of the 2018 FIM Prohibited List, in a urine sample collected from him at an in-competition test carried out by the FIM at the round of the Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship held in San Diego, California, USA, on 10 February 2018.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylhexanamine

Methylhexanamine is an indirect sympathomimetic drug that constricts blood vessels and thus has effects on the heart, lungs, and reproductive organs. It also causes bronchodilation, inhibits peristalsis in the intestines, and has diuretic effects.[5]:95 Most studies have been done on pharmacological effects when the drug is inhaled; our understanding of what methylhexanamine does when taken orally are mostly based on extrapolating from the activities of similar compounds.[5]:97 A 2013 review concluded that: "Pharmacological effects after oral intake can be expected on the lungs (bronchodilation) and the nasal mucosa following a single oral dose of about 4–15 mg. Pharmacological effects on the heart can be expected following a single oral dose of about 50–75 mg. Pharmacological effects on the blood pressure can be expected after a single oral dose of about 100 mg. Because of the long half-life, there is a risk that repeated doses within 24–36 hours could lead to steadily stronger pharmacological effects (build-up)."[5]:98

A bronchodilator is a substance that dilates the bronchi and bronchioles, decreasing resistance in the respiratory airway and increasing airflow to the lungs.

So....that wouldn’t benefit a MX/SX racer?

Post a reply to: Tickle is pissed

The Latest