Tickle is pissed

TeamGreen
1/2/2019 11:31am
kkawboy14 wrote:
He already knows he is banned for 4 years, what’s he pissed about?
kb228 wrote:
His suspension hasn’t officially begun yet
kkawboy14 wrote:
Oh yes it has already begun and he knows it!
Actually, he doesn't have a decision rendered, yet. That's the problem. He could be hit with anything from "time served" to 4 yrs.
1/2/2019 11:52am
Oh no. You're going to be enlightened on how this is a huge conspiracy. You know, cause every promotion has an ax to grind with their...
Oh no. You're going to be enlightened on how this is a huge conspiracy. You know, cause every promotion has an ax to grind with their 10th-15th best performer.
STFU noob.
1/2/2019 12:03pm
What don't get is why it's AMA guys that seem to get done, yet the MXGP riders don't?

I find it hard to believe that these draconian testing regulations aren't "catching" MXGP riders
1/2/2019 12:14pm
What don't get is why it's AMA guys that seem to get done, yet the MXGP riders don't? I find it hard to believe that these...
What don't get is why it's AMA guys that seem to get done, yet the MXGP riders don't?

I find it hard to believe that these draconian testing regulations aren't "catching" MXGP riders
They can afford to lose riders from an SX gate but not an MXGP gate?.....it’s all a conspiracy.

The Shop

Lightning78
1/2/2019 12:26pm
kb228 wrote:
The sentencing should have been given 2 weeks after he was busted - maximum. This specific aspet of the entire ordeal is kindof rediculous. Other side...
The sentencing should have been given 2 weeks after he was busted - maximum. This specific aspet of the entire ordeal is kindof rediculous.

Other side of the coin tho, if he wants to race, then go race. With all these rookies coming up, and all of the backup riders like bogle or grant sitting around.. the likelyhood of him having a ride in a year or whatever it takes to get this handled is very slim. Going to canada or something now is his best option if he wants to race and not have to pay his own way. Time is ticking and the youngsters are fast and theyre coming to the 450s. Get it while you can or continue coaching.

With all that said, i hope broc wins the lawsuit quickly and all the “charges” are dropped immediately so he can get back to supercross before its too late.
yz133rider wrote:
Agreed i think he should have went to Canada right away and started cashing checks.
And snappin necks Grinning
rjg
1/2/2019 1:03pm Edited Date/Time 1/2/2019 1:06pm
My guess is that Tickle is on the right side of things here and these governing bodies (the executives) have made serious mistakes and accusations against him and others. Their egos are so fragile they are avoiding speaking the truth and admitting their own problems to themselves as well as others that they have caused suffering. True ego maniacs.
drt410
1/2/2019 1:13pm Edited Date/Time 1/2/2019 1:14pm
The "industry" wasn't smart enough to rethink this policy when the biggest superstar it has ever had got pinched and basically ended his career so obviously...
The "industry" wasn't smart enough to rethink this policy when the biggest superstar it has ever had got pinched and basically ended his career so obviously when a Broc Tickle gets pinched they don't blink.
Exactly. When it happened to James they should have known right there that their investments were at major risk of being taken out from under them at any time. Honda, Kawi, KTM... could lose their top investment that theyve dedicated years to already and banked their whole futures on for 4 years... aka its over, start all over, all for popping for some stupid tainted protein powder with a chemical less powerful than caffeine. 4 years is ridiiiiiculous.

One thing about the Tickle thing is as shitty as it is at least theyre being consistent. It really was a bad look for the sport at the time where a notoriously non minority sport bans the absolute shit out of the 1 black athlete weve ever seen with a ridiculously long punishment... effectively ending his career. That was a bad look so the 1 thing I can say is as much as it sux for brock and both punishments were bs, at least theyre consistently bad. When Ricky got off his thing and James is the only one that gets the book that was a bad look.
RydeRed
1/2/2019 1:14pm
rjg wrote:
My guess is that Tickle is on the right side of things here and these governing bodies (the executives) have made serious mistakes and accusations against...
My guess is that Tickle is on the right side of things here and these governing bodies (the executives) have made serious mistakes and accusations against him and others. Their egos are so fragile they are avoiding speaking the truth and admitting their own problems to themselves as well as others that they have caused suffering. True ego maniacs.
So a testing lab with a sample and a number on it runs tests and comes up with a banned compound for the hell of it? Twice. LOL.
RydeRed
1/2/2019 1:20pm
drt410 wrote:
Exactly. When it happened to James they should have known right there that their investments were at major risk of being taken out from under them...
Exactly. When it happened to James they should have known right there that their investments were at major risk of being taken out from under them at any time. Honda, Kawi, KTM... could lose their top investment that theyve dedicated years to already and banked their whole futures on for 4 years... aka its over, start all over, all for popping for some stupid tainted protein powder with a chemical less powerful than caffeine. 4 years is ridiiiiiculous.

One thing about the Tickle thing is as shitty as it is at least theyre being consistent. It really was a bad look for the sport at the time where a notoriously non minority sport bans the absolute shit out of the 1 black athlete weve ever seen with a ridiculously long punishment... effectively ending his career. That was a bad look so the 1 thing I can say is as much as it sux for brock and both punishments were bs, at least theyre consistently bad. When Ricky got off his thing and James is the only one that gets the book that was a bad look.
You obviously have never taken it or know a thing about it. Less powerful than caffeine. LOLZ.
fourfourone
1/2/2019 1:29pm
The "industry" wasn't smart enough to rethink this policy when the biggest superstar it has ever had got pinched and basically ended his career so obviously...
The "industry" wasn't smart enough to rethink this policy when the biggest superstar it has ever had got pinched and basically ended his career so obviously when a Broc Tickle gets pinched they don't blink.
drt410 wrote:
Exactly. When it happened to James they should have known right there that their investments were at major risk of being taken out from under them...

I don't do prescription drugs, never been my thing but I did take adderal once. 100% it could give someone a HUGE advantage in racing. That's why college kids eat them like m & m's to study for tests. Give you crazy energy and makes you laser focused.
rjg
1/2/2019 1:33pm Edited Date/Time 1/2/2019 1:50pm
RydeRed wrote:
So a testing lab with a sample and a number on it runs tests and comes up with a banned compound for the hell of it...
So a testing lab with a sample and a number on it runs tests and comes up with a banned compound for the hell of it? Twice. LOL.
Uhh fella, I think you will find years from now when it comes out in the wash that their protocols and procedures to a degree could be error proned. If we are ever privy to those kinds of things. There been many people along the way that have called them out and they have sat back on their pedestals as if they are the ultimate authority and correct no matter what. But it was noty intention of this in my previous comment. It was that he is being strung along without comprehensive responses from the bodies. Sorry about that sometimes what I type or say has a hard time being articulated. I know I really didn't emphasize that in the previous comment I made. I often have edit comments a few times to get out my thoughts more clearly. I obviously lacked on that one. But my personal opinion is that drugs are not necessary for performance enhancement. This is what happens when competition is taken too seriously.
MotoX85
1/2/2019 1:45pm
I am extremely ANTI drug, but this is complete bullshit. Tickle SHOULD be pissed and its time to drop WADA on their asses.
Paul333
1/2/2019 1:48pm
kb228 wrote:
What i mean is his suspension “sentence” start date hasnt been given.

Its like getting arrested and never having a court date.
Exactly

And that will have serious consequences in any civil case.
MPJC
Fantasy
704th
1/2/2019 1:57pm
At least in moto athletes have incentive not to take HGH. If your head swells up like Barry Bonds', you'd have a hard time finding a big enough helmet. And you don't want to be that top heavy - you'd be tipping over in corners.
Kenny Lingus
1/2/2019 1:58pm
WADA is recognized by about 200 countries (UNESCO) in an international treaty. Good luck with the lawsuit.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
1/2/2019 2:00pm
kb228 wrote:
What i mean is his suspension “sentence” start date hasnt been given.

Its like getting arrested and never having a court date.
Paul333 wrote:
Exactly

And that will have serious consequences in any civil case.
Lots of arm chair lawyers in this thread who have no clue. Broc doesn't have a leg to stand on.
Radical
Fantasy
2360th
1/2/2019 2:00pm
He still deserves an answer as to what his punishment is. Imagine being sent home from work for failing a drug test and 9 months later...
He still deserves an answer as to what his punishment is. Imagine being sent home from work for failing a drug test and 9 months later still not knowing what they planned to do to you.
You lose your job? Just like he lost his job. He got caught, don't like it? Don't fail drug test it is that simple.
WoodsRacer wrote:
Yes he lost his job, that part is straight forward and I think all get it. What is wrong here is they are also keeping him...
Yes he lost his job, that part is straight forward and I think all get it.

What is wrong here is they are also keeping him from working. Can not run one off races, other series, or even know when he can complete in the US again. So they are keeping him from making a living, that is seriously wrong.
In California it's illegal to keep someone from earning a living. Blacklisting is illegal as well, and that's essentially what's happening here. No agency should be able to forbid a person from working or competing in a different company/organization/sport. They should only be able to speak for their organization.
Also, the delay is utter BS. Either fix the problem and provide a timely process with reasonable, non-olympic schedule penalties, or get drug testing the F' out of our sport, sad to say.
MPJC
Fantasy
704th
1/2/2019 2:02pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Lots of arm chair lawyers in this thread who have no clue. Broc doesn't have a leg to stand on.
Maybe, but you don't have to be a lawyer to see that some clarity would be nice.
brocster
1/2/2019 2:04pm
I don’t think my company has the legal right to put me on suspension for an undertermined amount of time and regulate with a threat of where I can work within my craft out of their jurisdiction in the interim. Failed drug test or not, no one should have that much control over your livelihood.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
1/2/2019 2:15pm
lostboy819 wrote:
MPJC wrote:
Maybe, but you don't have to be a lawyer to see that some clarity would be nice.
What is unclear? The answers are all here: WADA Code

lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
1/2/2019 2:16pm
brocster wrote:
I don’t think my company has the legal right to put me on suspension for an undertermined amount of time and regulate with a threat of...
I don’t think my company has the legal right to put me on suspension for an undertermined amount of time and regulate with a threat of where I can work within my craft out of their jurisdiction in the interim. Failed drug test or not, no one should have that much control over your livelihood.
The FIM and WADA are not Brocs employer, KTM was and they fired him. You can't compare your job and a professional athlete. Lets say that he was a pilot for TWA and got caught flying on drugs. TWA can fire him but the FAA can keep him from flying for someone else by suspending his license or revoking it altogether.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
1/2/2019 2:22pm Edited Date/Time 1/2/2019 2:23pm
brocster wrote:
I don’t think my company has the legal right to put me on suspension for an undertermined amount of time and regulate with a threat of...
Tickle's employer didn't suspend him, the sanctioning body did. Then his employer fired him for a specific violation of his employment agreement.

Similar to a truck driver that commits a violation that results in the loss of his license. He gets fired the next day and can't work in that field again until he gets his license back.

Edit: Holeshot to lostboy, dammit
1/2/2019 2:24pm
I can appreciate the passion of this topic, but the fact is he cheated, got caught and can't race. Happens all the time in every sport. He doesn't have the RIGHT to race. I don't see a big line of people in the industry speaking up on his behalf. In fact, the comments from Reed, RC and alike are the opposite. Nobody is taking away anyone's ability to earn a living. Can't he be a coach, test rider, product rep, etc? He knew the risks, took his chances and lost. If I failed a drug test where I work, there wouldn't be a major debriefing. There are some real entitlement viewpoints and lack of the concept of responsibility coming through on this thread.
MPJC
Fantasy
704th
1/2/2019 2:25pm
lostboy819 wrote:
MPJC wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:

There hasn't been a ruling yet - nine months later. If you're ever arrested for something, how about the police just put you in a cell and leave you there with some legal information? It might be overstatement to call the situation Kafkaesque, but not much.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
1/2/2019 2:27pm
You lose your job? Just like he lost his job. He got caught, don't like it? Don't fail drug test it is that simple.
WoodsRacer wrote:
Yes he lost his job, that part is straight forward and I think all get it. What is wrong here is they are also keeping him...
Yes he lost his job, that part is straight forward and I think all get it.

What is wrong here is they are also keeping him from working. Can not run one off races, other series, or even know when he can complete in the US again. So they are keeping him from making a living, that is seriously wrong.
Radical wrote:
In California it's illegal to keep someone from earning a living. Blacklisting is illegal as well, and that's essentially what's happening here. No agency should be...
In California it's illegal to keep someone from earning a living. Blacklisting is illegal as well, and that's essentially what's happening here. No agency should be able to forbid a person from working or competing in a different company/organization/sport. They should only be able to speak for their organization.
Also, the delay is utter BS. Either fix the problem and provide a timely process with reasonable, non-olympic schedule penalties, or get drug testing the F' out of our sport, sad to say.
If you were a Doctor or Lawyer or pilot etc etc and you lost your license for what ever reason then the AMA or BAR or FAA can keep them from working in their field by suspending or revoking their license either temporarily or permanently. Broc got caught with a banned substance so yes they can keep him from racing in FIM events. Yes he can race non FIM races but then he is only hurting himself worse.

The teams and riders are the ones that wanted drug testing and they got it. Why are the teams and riders not jumping on the bandwagon to get rid of WADA ? Maybe because its doing what it is suppose to do.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
1/2/2019 2:29pm
MPJC wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:

MPJC wrote:
There hasn't been a ruling yet - nine months later. If you're ever arrested for something, how about the police just put you in a cell...
There hasn't been a ruling yet - nine months later. If you're ever arrested for something, how about the police just put you in a cell and leave you there with some legal information? It might be overstatement to call the situation Kafkaesque, but not much.
Well that would be a civil rights and constitutional violation. Tickle has not been imprisoned, he got popped for a banned substance and is now going through the process that is well defined in the 156 page document I linked.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
1/2/2019 2:30pm
MPJC wrote:
There hasn't been a ruling yet - nine months later. If you're ever arrested for something, how about the police just put you in a cell...
This has nothing to do with being arrested or thrown in a cell so quit using this as a argument. Cant even compare the two.LaughingLaughing
kkawboy14
1/2/2019 2:31pm Edited Date/Time 1/2/2019 2:32pm
GrapeApe wrote:

MPJC wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
Well that would be a civil rights and constitutional violation. Tickle has not been imprisoned, he got popped for a banned substance and is now going...
Well that would be a civil rights and constitutional violation. Tickle has not been imprisoned, he got popped for a banned substance and is now going through the process that is well defined in the 156 page document I linked.
It’s all in there!
His only shot at anything is to present the contaminated product he took and show that the illegal substance was not on the label. That is his only shot at a reduced sentence of 4 years.

He doesn’t need a hearing for that, his lawyers can easily present that case to them without a hearing.

Post a reply to: Tickle is pissed

The Latest