Tickle is pissed

1/2/2019 9:29am
You lose your job? Just like he lost his job. He got caught, don't like it? Don't fail drug test it is that simple.
But if you lose your job from a failed drug test you can go find another job in the same industry once it's out of your...
But if you lose your job from a failed drug test you can go find another job in the same industry once it's out of your system and you pass a drug test. This is like signing a non-compete and being blackballed from an entire industry of work.
kb228 wrote:
A doctor losing his MD would be a good example. Or even a teacher. Break the rules youre done done
Maybe. They have unions though. They're also not subjected to consistent and agreed upon drug testing. They also have a license that must be attained with a degree through a certified and accredited institution with years of study under others who already have those accreditation. They're also responsible for the health and future of hundreds of people a year.

I get what you mean but there's a huge difference.
RydeRed
1/2/2019 9:35am
2stroked wrote:
James Stewarts and Broc Tickles situations are prime examples of why the professional rider's of the AMA needs a riders union. Both the AMA and FIM...
James Stewarts and Broc Tickles situations are prime examples of why the professional rider's of the AMA needs a riders union. Both the AMA and FIM are complicit and negligent in the handling of these situations.Its downright malicious. It essentially retired James Stewart, and Broc Tickle may have no choice but to pursue a different career path very soon due to this egregious mishandling and purposeful stonewalling on the FIM's part.

I also love everyone who states "He's a cheater, he got caught, F him, he got what he deserved'.

Not so fast.

Broc tested positive for methylhexanamine. Both his primary and B sample tested positive. Which IIRC both samples were taken at the same time. Ok makes sense right? It rules out any possibility that the primary sample was somehow tainted or became contaminated.

Right?

WRONG.

Broc has stated multiple times that he was taking supplements however that his supplements should not have contained any methylhexanamine. Now if WADA had been consistently testing Broc and established a baseline of his test levels of a period of time they would know exactly when the methylhexanamine entered his system, and at what levels. Why is this important?

Two words. Jon Jones. Yes the MMA fighter Jon Jones. What does that have to do with Broc? EVERYTHING.

Jon Jones, if he was racing motocross, would essentially be banned for life because his last test result came back positive for one picogram of a metabolite that is produced by the human body when using turinabol, an oral steroid. Which is what he tested positive in the first place and got suspended for. Since his initial positive test result Jon Jones has been routinely tested and has a baseline for his levels. So when he tested positive again after testing negative for a period of time, USADA was able to determine that Jon Jones was not in fact 'hot' but that the picogram detected was residual from the initial positive test result from 16-18 months ago. Yes you read that right.

Now apply that situation to Broc Tickle. Had there been baseline, routine testing done on Broc then WADA would know exactly when the methylhexanamine entered his system and in what amounts. The test result could have been the highest levels, or it could have been residuals. There's no way to know though is there? All there is is that single testing sample taken as proof.

Anyone who knows anything about the supplement's industry knows its a dirty business, in more way than one. Impurities and substances in the vats do in fact transfer over from one supplement to another. Here's another shocker. Most supplements are produced in the same facilities. Different labels on different colored bottles but its all made in the same facility. Some products are not 'clean' and dont even try to be. Hell some even advertise that they contained materials that are on the USADA/WADA banned listed. There has been multiple cross contamination of different supplements in the past. Its happened quite often in cycling and MMA.

So who is to say Broc did intentionally take a banned substance? Its a very real possibility Broc took a supplement from a clean company whose product was contaminated in the production process.

Take a list to this podcast and afterwards try and tell me you just KNOW Broc is dirty. I call complete BS on the whole situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so3qOEMZXDQ
MPJC wrote:
Regarding the claim that a picogram was all that was detected in Jones's system, that is false, though it is what the UFC initially said. He...
Regarding the claim that a picogram was all that was detected in Jones's system, that is false, though it is what the UFC initially said. He twice tested positive for 19 picograms months ago, and the Dec. 9th test showed 60-80 picograms.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/12/28/18158523/ufc-232-novitzky-jon-jo…

The UFC initially stated something about how there was just a picogram (with a story about just how little that is), but it seems to me that was just damage control at that point. In the end, they determined that even these levels were consistent with being residual from previous ingestion, which they deemed to be the result of tainted supplements. This being said, the constrast with Tickle's treatment is even more stark.
Still False.

First off, there is no baseline set for a banned substance. It's there or it isn't.

2nd of all, Victor Conte called out this as bullshit and so did Dave Palumbo and John Romano and a few other top coaches, which out of those guys, have more knowledge of drugs than anyone or USADA and Wada combined.

They also explained exactly what was happening, and exactly how it showed up. And why it shouldn't have.
And mostly, why drug amounts NEVER rise after the initial peak concentration in the body.

3rd, Novitsky is now on the UFC payroll. Not USADA anymore. You aren't going to bullshit the guys that are the best drug coaches in the world. "Passing a drug test is as easy as passing an IQ test"

From MMA Fighting.

Novitzky revealed that Jones first tested positive for trace amounts of a longterm metabolite of oral turinabol in an Aug. 29 drug screening conducted by USADA.
That test discovered eight picograms of the oral turinabol metabolite in Jones’ system and
followed an Aug. 9 drug screening that came back clean.

Novitzky said that Jones’ next drug test, on Sept. 18, also came back positive for 19 picograms of the same longterm oral turinabol metabolite.

After that, four consecutive drug tests came back clean for Jones — on Sept. 21, Oct. 2, Oct. 11, and Nov. 14 — before the longterm metabolite reemerged in an out-of-competition USADA test collected on Dec. 9 in the range of 60 to 80 picograms. More than before which is IMPOSSIBLE without new ingestion.

Back to the top. Victor Conte, John Romano and Chris Aceto all agreed on what happened.

Their concensus was he was on something else that was cut with cheap Tbol because cheap cost for China raws and often used in place of other drugs due to profits.
Had he been on drugs with a 4-6 hour half life and gone within 24-36 Hours, he'd have been clean.

If it was cut with a cheaper compound like Tbol, you're popped because 5-6 days to clear your system.

It does not come back, and/or come back higher than it was before, and the story about the tests being that much better than before is a total lie.

They know and arent on the payroll selling a story to the public.
newmann
1/2/2019 9:35am
I see some old screen names pop up and a new one that has been idle for over a year before the first post. Funny stuff, stockpiling screen names? How does one keep up with them all and all the passwords? Organizational skills must be a heck of a lot better than mine!Laughing
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
1/2/2019 9:36am
Ok, so this might be a little long winded but stick with me for a sec. I have an idea that could work as good or...
Ok, so this might be a little long winded but stick with me for a sec. I have an idea that could work as good or better than the riders or teams forcing feld to get rid of WADA or at least for them to straighten up. Why don't we(the fans/vitards/ones spending the $), boycott A1 or any race(s) for that matter? They can't continue on with nobody buying tickets & empty stadiums. I know that it would take alot of work & organization but shit, look at all the idiots running around wearing pussy hats & shit like that! I guarantee if we cut the race attendance by 50-75% for a few weeks they would notice REALLY REALLY quickly. Just a thought & something that we(the ppl bitching about it) can actually do to help fix the problem.

Now before you down vote me & jump my shit for "trying to rescue 'cheaters'" please understand that I don't buy brocs claims that he has no idea where the shit came from & I think he straight up got caught cheating(I believe they all cheat personally, or at least most). With that being said, it is absolute bullshit that he hasn't even received a singe fucking court date or hearing. He should be punished, yes, but he should not still be waiting for that punishment. If this was anyone's child, parent, brother, sister, etc in trouble with the law/courts & they were just being held with no bond, no trial, no anything for as long as the government felt like it. Every single last one of you would be flipping shit. Anyways, just an idea that could actually work with some (heavy) organization! Cheers to good racing this year.
Without doubt that will get their attention. Hard to execute though.

Something needs to be done. I think the appropriate would be, you test postive, a & b samples, then you are DQ'd for the year. Start fresh the next year. Plain and simple and will not derail a career.

The Shop

1/2/2019 9:38am Edited Date/Time 1/2/2019 9:38am
I know Matthes, etc have all gone on record citing their disgust and dismay at how this lack of communication regarding the punishment has been handled.....

but I feel like there should be someone of the highest power who should be held responsible for answering the questions WHY IS THIS TAKING SO LONG, AND HOW IS THE WAY THIS PROCESS CURRENTLY WORKS CONSIDERED OK??
TeamGreen
1/2/2019 9:39am
drt410 wrote:
The industry right now is just saying glad it wasnt me because tickles replaceable and KTM got cooper webb out of the deal, but theyre not...
The industry right now is just saying glad it wasnt me because tickles replaceable and KTM got cooper webb out of the deal, but theyre not gonna be so happy if their top guy in a title hunt gets the shaft for something completely ridiculous... then a year later still have ZERO progress.

KTM has a LOT of pull in the mx world. They didnt have to keep him but damn for the good of the sport throw your weight around a little bit when one of your riders gets the shaft.

If it was Dungey they could have made legit threats of damaging mx/sx, but shouldnt even need to go that far.
I get what you're saying; however, KTM probably doesn't want to get in the middle of this for the simple "politics of appearance"...and that makes sense.

If KTM gets involved...

"Oh, the FIM only fixed this because Roger called!"

No one wants to hear that and what REALLY needs to happen is for the FIM/WADA/CAS & ANYONE-ELSE involved...to get off their asses and do some actually work.
MPJC
Fantasy
592nd
1/2/2019 9:42am
RydeRed wrote:
Still False. First off, there is no baseline set for a banned substance. It's there or it isn't. 2nd of all, Victor Conte called out this...
Still False.

First off, there is no baseline set for a banned substance. It's there or it isn't.

2nd of all, Victor Conte called out this as bullshit and so did Dave Palumbo and John Romano and a few other top coaches, which out of those guys, have more knowledge of drugs than anyone or USADA and Wada combined.

They also explained exactly what was happening, and exactly how it showed up. And why it shouldn't have.
And mostly, why drug amounts NEVER rise after the initial peak concentration in the body.

3rd, Novitsky is now on the UFC payroll. Not USADA anymore. You aren't going to bullshit the guys that are the best drug coaches in the world. "Passing a drug test is as easy as passing an IQ test"

From MMA Fighting.

Novitzky revealed that Jones first tested positive for trace amounts of a longterm metabolite of oral turinabol in an Aug. 29 drug screening conducted by USADA.
That test discovered eight picograms of the oral turinabol metabolite in Jones’ system and
followed an Aug. 9 drug screening that came back clean.

Novitzky said that Jones’ next drug test, on Sept. 18, also came back positive for 19 picograms of the same longterm oral turinabol metabolite.

After that, four consecutive drug tests came back clean for Jones — on Sept. 21, Oct. 2, Oct. 11, and Nov. 14 — before the longterm metabolite reemerged in an out-of-competition USADA test collected on Dec. 9 in the range of 60 to 80 picograms. More than before which is IMPOSSIBLE without new ingestion.

Back to the top. Victor Conte, John Romano and Chris Aceto all agreed on what happened.

Their concensus was he was on something else that was cut with cheap Tbol because cheap cost for China raws and often used in place of other drugs due to profits.
Had he been on drugs with a 4-6 hour half life and gone within 24-36 Hours, he'd have been clean.

If it was cut with a cheaper compound like Tbol, you're popped because 5-6 days to clear your system.

It does not come back, and/or come back higher than it was before, and the story about the tests being that much better than before is a total lie.

They know and arent on the payroll selling a story to the public.
Thanks for the info. The whole thing is very confusing to those of us who aren’t experts - which is how the ufc wants it, I’m sure.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
1/2/2019 9:59am
The problem lies herein, the FIM, WADA, CAS and ANYONE-ELSE involved are too small of a unit to properly govern such a broad spectrum of sporting disciplines. These people have thick skins and want to control it all even if it proves detrimental to ones career.
Paul333
1/2/2019 10:03am
olds cool wrote:
He has a lawyer. I would bet that the part about the FIM and Monster Energy SX interfering with his ability to make a living was...
He has a lawyer. I would bet that the part about the FIM and Monster Energy SX interfering with his ability to make a living was written by said lawyer.
Absolutely and his lawyer is correct. Trust me they would win in a civil trial easily.
exbmxmx
1/2/2019 10:08am
newmann wrote:
I remember when RC was about to get pinched for the unleaded fuel scam. He pretty much told a number of higher ups to go f'...
I remember when RC was about to get pinched for the unleaded fuel scam. He pretty much told a number of higher ups to go f' themselves from what info was coming out. He didn't cheat and they knew they had f'd up. A trace amount that wouldn't affect anything except a lab test.
Park Boys wrote:
RC used his name when he got busted in 06. He said if it wasn’t over turned he was gonna drop out of SX and just...
RC used his name when he got busted in 06. He said if it wasn’t over turned he was gonna drop out of SX and just focus on the Nationals. They of course shit bricks with the prospect of RC dropping out and gave him his 25 points back. WADA is a diffrerent beast though.
The main issue with the RC/Lead incident was the rules were too stringent on the maximum amount of lead allowed. Even the fuel manufactures could not control the lead at those low levels and when RC got "busted" it was a result of a stupid rule and not cheating. Once the AMA realized their mistake, RC got his points back.
I'm guessing this is a similar situation with Tickle. The maximum allowable levels are set too low and you are labeling ppl as cheaters when in reality, they are just victims of poor quality control at the supplements manufacturing level.
RydeRed
1/2/2019 10:25am
olds cool wrote:
He has a lawyer. I would bet that the part about the FIM and Monster Energy SX interfering with his ability to make a living was...
He has a lawyer. I would bet that the part about the FIM and Monster Energy SX interfering with his ability to make a living was written by said lawyer.
Paul333 wrote:
Absolutely and his lawyer is correct. Trust me they would win in a civil trial easily.
Not even true Steroid law lawyers have won.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
1/2/2019 10:27am Edited Date/Time 1/2/2019 1:19pm
I’ve lost a lot of respect for the FIM because of the way they’ve handled these WADA cases and FELD for their lack of action. I’m a random nobody so I know the FIM and FELD aren’t losing sleep over my opinions but I do believe a bigger issue should and will be made out of this. People who get caught breaking the rules should be punished but within reason and the fact that Tickle and Clason (who was provisionally suspended 19 months ago) still don’t have a sentence is unreasonable, unprofessional and unacceptable.

Places such as Racer X and Transworld have reported that the FIM punishes riders in Tickle’s situation who choose to race non-FIM sanctioned events (Cade Clason as an example). This nearly eliminates their ability to make a living with their professional skill set and that should be illegal. I’m thinking that is the angle his lawyer is working with his talk of the FIM and FELD conspiring against him
kb228
1/2/2019 10:27am
olds cool wrote:
Paul333 wrote:
Just to play devils advocate for a second.. is there a strong case for the FIM? Like cant they just say its our sanctioned event and its our rules - broc doesnt have to participate. Theres outher outlets for him to make money racing - but not in the FIM events?
JustMX
1/2/2019 10:32am
GrapeApe wrote:
"[i]. . . the FIM and Monster Energy Supercross are conspiring to intentionally and unlawfully interfere with my fundamental rights and ability to make a living[/i]."...
". . . the FIM and Monster Energy Supercross are conspiring to intentionally and unlawfully interfere with my fundamental rights and ability to make a living."

What a ridiculous statement. He has several avenues to make a living, he just can't race a FIM sanctioned series. I think a court would disagree he has a fundamental right to race a FIM sanctioned series.
The point that I think he is making with that statement is that if he participated in any other motorcycle racing or exhibition they will give him a stricter penalty for fim sanctioned events.

Like somebody else has stated, it would be like a forklift driver failing a drug test and being barred from doing any kind of warehouse, construction, or other occupations.related to something that has hydraulics, anywhere in the world.

The penalty should be set so the rider knows when he can come back, and the only other way that wada should be able to change it should be if the person fails a pre-return drug test.

It is fortunate that wada officials don't have to take tests themselves with chicken shit being on the banned list.

They would fail spectacularly, and could end up banned from idiotic bureaucracies for an undetermined length of time, with any further stupidity adding time to the suspension.
1/2/2019 10:39am
kb228 wrote:
Just to play devils advocate for a second.. is there a strong case for the FIM? Like cant they just say its our sanctioned event and...
Just to play devils advocate for a second.. is there a strong case for the FIM? Like cant they just say its our sanctioned event and its our rules - broc doesnt have to participate. Theres outher outlets for him to make money racing - but not in the FIM events?
That's where things get even shittier... apparently they highly frown upon these suspended athletes racing AT ALL!! For example. apparently Cade Clason is really in the shit house with FIM for even racing the Canadian MX series while suspended. Unfuckingbelievable isnt it??
kkawboy14
1/2/2019 10:47am
He already knows he is banned for 4 years, what’s he pissed about?
kb228
1/2/2019 10:51am
kkawboy14 wrote:
His suspension hasn’t officially begun yet
kkawboy14
1/2/2019 10:53am
kkawboy14 wrote:
kb228 wrote:
Oh yes it has already begun and he knows it!
Paul333
1/2/2019 10:57am
olds cool wrote:
Paul333 wrote:
RydeRed wrote:
“True Steroids” might be the key.
kb228
1/2/2019 10:57am
kkawboy14 wrote:
kb228 wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
What i mean is his suspension “sentence” start date hasnt been given.

Its like getting arrested and never having a court date.
RydeRed
1/2/2019 11:04am
kb228 wrote:
Just to play devils advocate for a second.. is there a strong case for the FIM? Like cant they just say its our sanctioned event and...
That's where things get even shittier... apparently they highly frown upon these suspended athletes racing AT ALL!! For example. apparently Cade Clason is really in the...
That's where things get even shittier... apparently they highly frown upon these suspended athletes racing AT ALL!! For example. apparently Cade Clason is really in the shit house with FIM for even racing the Canadian MX series while suspended. Unfuckingbelievable isnt it??
No. Because you're giving them the finger.
It's nothing different in other sports.

kkawboy14
1/2/2019 11:06am Edited Date/Time 1/2/2019 11:06am
kb228 wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
kb228 wrote:

He knows he is suspended for 4 years. He knows when it started.
True he hasn’t received the Official letter.

If your sitting in prison and you know you robbed the bank and you have the money die all over you and you know you are getting a life sentence......it really doesn’t matter if you got a certified letter from the Judge!
MPJC
Fantasy
592nd
1/2/2019 11:15am
kkawboy14 wrote:
He knows he is suspended for 4 years. He knows when it started. True he hasn’t received the Official letter. If your sitting in prison and...

If your sitting in prison and you know you robbed the bank and you have the money die all over you and you know you are getting a life sentence......it really doesn’t matter if you got a certified letter from the Judge!
Are you seriously suggesting that due process doesn't matter? If you're ever arrested, I would bet that habeas corpus will all of a sudden sound like a great idea (granted, Tickle isn't charged with a crime, but I'm just going with your analogy).
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
1/2/2019 11:17am
GrapeApe wrote:
"[i]. . . the FIM and Monster Energy Supercross are conspiring to intentionally and unlawfully interfere with my fundamental rights and ability to make a living[/i]."...
". . . the FIM and Monster Energy Supercross are conspiring to intentionally and unlawfully interfere with my fundamental rights and ability to make a living."

What a ridiculous statement. He has several avenues to make a living, he just can't race a FIM sanctioned series. I think a court would disagree he has a fundamental right to race a FIM sanctioned series.
JustMX wrote:
The point that I think he is making with that statement is that if he participated in any other motorcycle racing or exhibition they will give...
The point that I think he is making with that statement is that if he participated in any other motorcycle racing or exhibition they will give him a stricter penalty for fim sanctioned events.

Like somebody else has stated, it would be like a forklift driver failing a drug test and being barred from doing any kind of warehouse, construction, or other occupations.related to something that has hydraulics, anywhere in the world.

The penalty should be set so the rider knows when he can come back, and the only other way that wada should be able to change it should be if the person fails a pre-return drug test.

It is fortunate that wada officials don't have to take tests themselves with chicken shit being on the banned list.

They would fail spectacularly, and could end up banned from idiotic bureaucracies for an undetermined length of time, with any further stupidity adding time to the suspension.
He would not get a stricter penalty if he raced in non-sanctioned events, but the start of his suspension is the date of his last competition. He elected to skip all competitions so his suspension will begin/end as soon as possible.

The penalty is set, in writing, for anyone to read. 2 year suspension unless they prove intent, which would make it 4 years.
mxrose3
Fantasy
1116th
1/2/2019 11:21am
The FIM is hoping that Broc just moves on and quits like JS7 did.

I was hoping that JS7 would have put up this much of a fight - things may have changed then and he might still be racing. Tickle's lawyer may not be able to change his sentence, but maybe it will force the FIM to handle these situations a little better.
kkawboy14
1/2/2019 11:22am
GrapeApe wrote:

JustMX wrote:
The point that I think he is making with that statement is that if he participated in any other motorcycle racing or exhibition they will give...

GrapeApe wrote:
He would not get a stricter penalty if he raced in non-sanctioned events, but the start of his suspension is the date of his last competition...
He would not get a stricter penalty if he raced in non-sanctioned events, but the start of his suspension is the date of his last competition. He elected to skip all competitions so his suspension will begin/end as soon as possible.

The penalty is set, in writing, for anyone to read. 2 year suspension unless they prove intent, which would make it 4 years.
Ok so he does know but it may be in question, 2 or 4 years.

I was thinking they went ahead and changed everything to 4 years now?
1/2/2019 11:23am
kkawboy14 wrote:
kb228 wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:
He knows he is suspended for 4 years. He knows when it started. True he hasn’t received the Official letter. If your sitting in prison and...

Oh no. You're going to be enlightened on how this is a huge conspiracy. You know, cause every promotion has an ax to grind with their 10th-15th best performer.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
1/2/2019 11:24am
JustMX wrote:

GrapeApe wrote:
He would not get a stricter penalty if he raced in non-sanctioned events, but the start of his suspension is the date of his last competition...

kkawboy14 wrote:
Ok so he does know but it may be in question, 2 or 4 years. I was thinking they went ahead and changed everything to 4...
Ok so he does know but it may be in question, 2 or 4 years.

I was thinking they went ahead and changed everything to 4 years now?
Let's just all agree that you're not sure what you're talking about. Wink
RydeRed
1/2/2019 11:24am
Paul333 wrote:
RydeRed wrote:
Paul333 wrote:
“True Steroids” might be the key.
Doesn't matter.
His length so far isn't out of the ordinary for any other sport.

Post a reply to: Tickle is pissed

The Latest