Tickle b sample positive

Adam43
5/15/2018 9:36pm
The mental gymnastics some Vitards go through to justify this are laughable.

Must have been something he ate! Darn WADA!

Maybe Broc can start a Floyd Landis style "Fairness Fund" to fight this grave injustice.
kkawboy14
5/15/2018 9:45pm
tkimb wrote:
Agreed, someone like him to could easily be competitive on a rather stock bike in Canada too.
Wonder how much money he has saved up to go racing on his own dime, especially if KTM starts making him pay back all his earnings...
Wonder how much money he has saved up to go racing on his own dime, especially if KTM starts making him pay back all his earnings because of the suspension? I am sure its been tough on him not earning a paycheck from the last couple of supercross races.

I am not sure how many professional riders would by a stock buy and go and race it. Especially a caliber rider like Tickle will need suspension and likely motor work before feeling comfortable on the bike.
DonM wrote:
Conviction? When was he arrested...
Not all prisons have walls!
Radical
Fantasy
2384th
5/15/2018 10:11pm
milliebays wrote:
general question, what would the incentive be for them to put something in their supps unlabeled? genuinely curious how it works.
TbonesPop wrote:
It's likely not that the supplement company put it in there and didn't label it correctly. The industry is super shady and unregulated for the most...
It's likely not that the supplement company put it in there and didn't label it correctly. The industry is super shady and unregulated for the most part. I doubt a company would add that to a product intentionally and not put it on the label. The most likely scenario (outside of Broc just simply outright cheating, getting caught, and lying) is that the manufacturing company didn't properly clean their equipment between batches of various products they make. Most supplement companies don't make their own products, they have them "contract manufactured". The contract manufacturers make various products for multiple companies. It's easy to get cross contamination from batch to batch. The supplement industry is not regulated like the pharmaceutical industry is. In the Pharma industry, you have GMP manufacturing plus "change control" processes where there is a requirement for validation on every batch of product made. This validation step requires the use of cleaning additives that remove 100% of the previous batch before the next batch can be made - then validation testing is performed to ensure the equipment is clean and there is no trace of material from the previous batch. This is one reason why the pharmaceutical products in this country are expensive - not that they still aren't over priced, but there is a legit additional cost kicker for GMP and validation steps for QC. The supplement industry has none of the requirements that the pharma industry has.

This is the reason why Broc wants to know what level he tested positive for and for that to be public. If it was a high amount, there is no way it was cross contamination. If it was a trace amount, it is highly likely it was cross contamination. It may not fix the issue for Broc, but it could be an indicator as to what happened.
This
jbrown15
5/15/2018 10:43pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2018 10:43pm
If the test comes back positive he needs to be suspended, but the crime doesn't fit the suspensions. Four years is ridiculous, it's only 4 years because WADA is involved with the Olympics. So the suspensions are four years so that if you get popped for a banned substance you'd miss the next Olympics.

It's completely stupid to ban someone in a sport where the careers are so short anyways for four years. Same reason why the NFL doesn't suspend players for years at a time when the average NFL career is around 3 years.

The Shop

mxpro252
5/15/2018 11:12pm
Adam43 wrote:
The mental gymnastics some Vitards go through to justify this are laughable. Must have been something he ate! Darn WADA! Maybe Broc can start a Floyd...

Maybe Broc can start a Floyd Landis style "Fairness Fund" to fight this grave injustice.
I can understand this mindset if you just take what authorities tell you at face value, but there have been enough cases to demonstrate the blanket rules and punishments for banned substances in competition don't always make sense, and in some cases, were flat out wrong. I think that's what most, including myself, are struggling with. Having a system where no one outside has access to info about test failures, very little detailed reasoning on their decision making process is given, and evidence of potentially mitigating factors is usually kept private, is cause for frustration.

These agencies conducting tests and releasing results are made up of people. People make mistakes and / or do interesting things. For such a serious punishment, more support other than a memo saying "yep, we found some of XXXX. he's guilty." and "yep, we double checked our own results. We didn't make a mistake." should be required to end a persons career, in my opinion.
aees
5/15/2018 11:46pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2018 11:46pm
So why dont Broc release information on exactly what he ate or drank fri-sat? If he is not guilty. They could also test all supplements that he took since i doubt it was the last scope of everything he had he took those days.

The time for this substance to be out of the system is short, he got it in him saturday. That list of what he ate and drank is not that long.

For me, he is guilty since i dont see a lot of information on details and facts, just vague statements that im "not guilty" which anyone would say,
Mit12
5/16/2018 12:35am
Mit12 wrote:
First. No one is failing drug test from eating food. This is one of the reasons they have set thresholds. Second. Did anyone really think his...
First. No one is failing drug test from eating food. This is one of the reasons they have set thresholds.
Second. Did anyone really think his “B” sample was going to pass?
Just like we will never know the truth about who killed Kennedy, Brock will never tell that he took something banned.
WADA is extremely out of line with respect to punishment but they do not make mistakes with testing samples.
make1go wrote:
are you seriously going to say that they never make mistakes...?....stupidezt thing posted, everyone makes them or are you saying they are perfect....?
You should do some research on how things are done. They are not perfect and this is why they have a “b” sample.
TDeath21
5/16/2018 1:46am
Riders are tested all the fucking time. They all pass, sans Stewart and now Tickle. I’d bet that >99% of the time the riders pass them. When a rider has not one but TWO samples that test positive for banned substances then they clearly fucked up. They were trying to get a performance boost, whether legally or illegally, and the substance in their system is one that is prohibited. And now he’s gonna do his time. That’s the risk he took when he took this supplement. It helped him on the track but the risk was if he was caught then it was game over. He gambled. He lost. That’s the way it goes.

I will argue all day that 4 Years is too long for a first time offender. But I will not argue the innocence of a rider who tests positive in both samples.
Question
5/16/2018 1:49am
milliebays wrote:
general question, what would the incentive be for them to put something in their supps unlabeled? genuinely curious how it works.
TbonesPop wrote:
It's likely not that the supplement company put it in there and didn't label it correctly. The industry is super shady and unregulated for the most...
It's likely not that the supplement company put it in there and didn't label it correctly. The industry is super shady and unregulated for the most part. I doubt a company would add that to a product intentionally and not put it on the label. The most likely scenario (outside of Broc just simply outright cheating, getting caught, and lying) is that the manufacturing company didn't properly clean their equipment between batches of various products they make. Most supplement companies don't make their own products, they have them "contract manufactured". The contract manufacturers make various products for multiple companies. It's easy to get cross contamination from batch to batch. The supplement industry is not regulated like the pharmaceutical industry is. In the Pharma industry, you have GMP manufacturing plus "change control" processes where there is a requirement for validation on every batch of product made. This validation step requires the use of cleaning additives that remove 100% of the previous batch before the next batch can be made - then validation testing is performed to ensure the equipment is clean and there is no trace of material from the previous batch. This is one reason why the pharmaceutical products in this country are expensive - not that they still aren't over priced, but there is a legit additional cost kicker for GMP and validation steps for QC. The supplement industry has none of the requirements that the pharma industry has.

This is the reason why Broc wants to know what level he tested positive for and for that to be public. If it was a high amount, there is no way it was cross contamination. If it was a trace amount, it is highly likely it was cross contamination. It may not fix the issue for Broc, but it could be an indicator as to what happened.
Radical wrote:
This
I agree on everything here (because my first real work experience from 14 to 19 was to work occasionally in my Dad's business, a lab, which was also selling supplement products in France.

So to the intial question "why would a company not label properly", I can answer easily ; it is NORMAL not to put 100% of your product formula on the label, it is to keep the competitive advantage after having spent spent lots of time and money on development, not to be copied. Do you think you really know the product formula of a CHANEL 5 when you buy it ??? Heck, I even wondered myself dozen of times why my body was much more energetic using RedBull vs. Monster, whereas on the label those 2 products are similar.
Fearo
5/16/2018 2:48am
Adam43 wrote:
The mental gymnastics some Vitards go through to justify this are laughable. Must have been something he ate! Darn WADA! Maybe Broc can start a Floyd...

I agree 100%

It cracks me up how he keeps writing "allegedly" in every sentince and how me he writes with full confidence that he has never (negligently) ingested a banned substance.

Well, two different tests say otherwise, bro.

If he did not intentionally cheat, he has every right to be pissed off, but the way he writes things makes it sound like the charges against him are completele laughable and he is somehow above everything.
tingo
5/16/2018 6:30am
Fearo wrote:
I agree 100% It cracks me up how he keeps writing "allegedly" in every sentince and how me he writes with full confidence that he has...
I agree 100%

It cracks me up how he keeps writing "allegedly" in every sentince and how me he writes with full confidence that he has never (negligently) ingested a banned substance.

Well, two different tests say otherwise, bro.

If he did not intentionally cheat, he has every right to be pissed off, but the way he writes things makes it sound like the charges against him are completele laughable and he is somehow above everything.
The IG post was yeah no for sure almost certainly written by Broc's attorney, so don't get too hung up on the alleged over-use of the word "allegedly".
milliebays
5/16/2018 9:08am
TbonesPop wrote:

Radical wrote:
This
Question wrote:
I agree on everything here (because my first real work experience from 14 to 19 was to work occasionally in my Dad's business, a lab, which...
I agree on everything here (because my first real work experience from 14 to 19 was to work occasionally in my Dad's business, a lab, which was also selling supplement products in France.

So to the intial question "why would a company not label properly", I can answer easily ; it is NORMAL not to put 100% of your product formula on the label, it is to keep the competitive advantage after having spent spent lots of time and money on development, not to be copied. Do you think you really know the product formula of a CHANEL 5 when you buy it ??? Heck, I even wondered myself dozen of times why my body was much more energetic using RedBull vs. Monster, whereas on the label those 2 products are similar.
Well, i guess he was too stupid to only use NSF supplements then, or we'd hear names by now.
kiwifan
5/16/2018 3:01pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Riders are tested all the fucking time. They all pass, sans Stewart and now Tickle. I’d bet that >99% of the time the riders pass them...
Riders are tested all the fucking time. They all pass, sans Stewart and now Tickle. I’d bet that >99% of the time the riders pass them. When a rider has not one but TWO samples that test positive for banned substances then they clearly fucked up. They were trying to get a performance boost, whether legally or illegally, and the substance in their system is one that is prohibited. And now he’s gonna do his time. That’s the risk he took when he took this supplement. It helped him on the track but the risk was if he was caught then it was game over. He gambled. He lost. That’s the way it goes.

I will argue all day that 4 Years is too long for a first time offender. But I will not argue the innocence of a rider who tests positive in both samples.
Wrong, Anderson (for one) hasn't been tested all year

Post a reply to: Tickle b sample positive

The Latest