Orange you glad Tickle

9/7/2017 10:49am
He will be a consistent top 10 guy. Hopefully he can stay healthy. It seems everytime he starts to improve he gets hurt
slowgti
9/7/2017 10:52am
Solid move for both parties
rdmx151
9/7/2017 10:53am
KTM seems to look for a wingman rather than hiring a tittle contender

The Shop

ocscottie
9/7/2017 11:00am
Red Bull KTM Factory Racing Team Welcomes Broc Tickle for 2018 Racing Season

MURRIETA, Calif. – KTM Motorsports is pleased to officially welcome Broc Tickle to the Red Bull KTM Factory Racing Team for the 2018 season. Tickle will race aboard a KTM 450 SX-F FACTORY EDITION alongside teammate Marvin Musquin for the AMA 450 Supercross Championship and AMA 450 Pro Motocross Championship.

The 28-year-old Michigan native claimed an AMA Supercross Lites West Championship in 2011, along with a host of career podium and top-five finishes over the years. Tickle has proved his merit as a 450 class podium contender, most recently capturing a pair of third place finishes in 2017 at Toronto Supercross and High Point MX National.

Tickle missed the second half of the AMA Pro Motocross Championship due to a shoulder injury but he is READY TO RACE into the 2018 race season, beginning with the Monster Energy Cup and Red Bull Straight Rhythm in October.

Tickle:“I’m really looking forward to the opportunity to work with Roger, Ian and the whole Red Bull KTM Factory Racing Team. With the success both European and US teams have had in recent years on the new KTM 450 SX-F FACTORY EDITION, I’m really looking forward to the chance to race the KTM for myself. The results and numerous championships they’ve earned speaks volumes for the brand and I’m really hoping to make the most of this awesome opportunity.I’m especially excited to train at Bakers Factory with Aldon Baker and alongside my new teammate Marvin (Musquin). This is the first time in my pro career that I’m in an all-encompassing training program where riding coaching, fitness training and riding alongside some of the fastest guys in the sport are all a part of my daily routine. I really want to take full advantage of everything being offered and show what I believe I am capable of.”

Roger De Coster: “We have always seen a lot of potential in Broc and we look forward to giving him every tool available to our team to be successful and make the most of this opportunity. We feel Broc’s demeanor and personality both on and off the track are a good fit to be Marvin’s teammate and hope they work well both riding and training together.”
Motofinne
9/7/2017 11:02am
rdmx151 wrote:
Well there was no title contender that would've been available. They already have the 3rd best guy in Marvin, only Roczen and Tomac are better.

Next year will be big.
ocscottie
9/7/2017 11:06am
Will be interesting to see if becoming a Baker Boy will improve his results, i hope so...Tickle is a good dude.
9/7/2017 11:07am
rdmx151 wrote:
Not many people available. Bogle is but he's probably going to JGR just waiting announcement and Barcia but who knows with him. Don't see who else they'd sign
c0ncEpT
9/7/2017 11:08am
Good signing. Tickle reminds me a lot of Metty in the fact that he seems to hover around that top 5 spot more often than not when healthy.
motomx88
rdmx151 wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
Well there was no title contender that would've been available. They already have the 3rd best guy in Marvin, only Roczen and Tomac are better. Next...
Well there was no title contender that would've been available. They already have the 3rd best guy in Marvin, only Roczen and Tomac are better.

Next year will be big.
I think this will be very interesting. See if KTM and their amazing program and Baker can make a champion out of a him. I hope he does well
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
First of all, Marvin is definitely a title contender and has been since the beginning. He's got a big AMA championship coming to him soon, I'd bet.

I'm interested to see if Broc does well under Aldon. He seems to me more like a "natural talent" kind of rider than a training maniac. Maybe I'm wrong, but I bet we'll see an even better #20 next year.

Johnny Depp
9/7/2017 11:30am
Finally, no big surprise here, this is old news now.

I want some news on the REAL race bike, the 2018.5 Factory Edition. There are way too many people keeping secrets on this one, somebody give up at least some spy photos dammit. Evil
philG
9/7/2017 11:33am
nothing bad here.... good fit with the team, hope he can gel with the bike, and get the results he has always been capable of.
RG1
9/7/2017 11:39am
Good move for everyone involved. If you're looking for someone to just put in consistent solid results week in, week out, then no one fits that role better than Broc Tickle. Pleased for him
9/7/2017 11:46am
Tickle will do really well with Baker (probably what he needs most is structure and confidence) I think Marvins window is shrinking for a title as I feel he seems to struggle under title pressure, (hope i'm wrong) but ET3, Baggett, JA21 all seem to flow better under pressure.
Spat24
Fantasy
618th
9/7/2017 12:34pm
motomx88 wrote:
I think this will be very interesting. See if KTM and their amazing program and Baker can make a champion out of a him. I hope...
I think this will be very interesting. See if KTM and their amazing program and Baker can make a champion out of a him. I hope he does well

I think Tickle will be the most improved rider due to the KTM program and Bakers Camp. I think the winning tradition at KTM with DeCoster will be great for Tickle. The Bakers Camp will be great as well - the routine, the mental side and more importantly the training with Zach, Marvin and Anderson "at speed" will be the piece that will get him more podiums and maybe even a win.
tcallahan707
9/7/2017 12:38pm
He will be a consistent top 10 guy. Hopefully he can stay healthy. It seems everytime he starts to improve he gets hurt
He's already a consistent top 10 guy?
mauidex
9/7/2017 12:39pm
Spat24 wrote:
I think Tickle will be the most improved rider due to the KTM program and Bakers Camp. I think the winning tradition at KTM with DeCoster...

I think Tickle will be the most improved rider due to the KTM program and Bakers Camp. I think the winning tradition at KTM with DeCoster will be great for Tickle. The Bakers Camp will be great as well - the routine, the mental side and more importantly the training with Zach, Marvin and Anderson "at speed" will be the piece that will get him more podiums and maybe even a win.
well this will be the real test for bakers critics and arguably so...........Tickle has all the ingredients and the foundation IMO.........if Baker can turn him into a champion or at least serious championship contender THAT will be the answer!!
tcallahan707
9/7/2017 12:40pm
Falcon wrote:
First of all, Marvin is definitely a title contender and has been since the beginning. He's got a big AMA championship coming to him soon, I'd...
First of all, Marvin is definitely a title contender and has been since the beginning. He's got a big AMA championship coming to him soon, I'd bet.

I'm interested to see if Broc does well under Aldon. He seems to me more like a "natural talent" kind of rider than a training maniac. Maybe I'm wrong, but I bet we'll see an even better #20 next year.

Word on the street is the dude is an animal when it comes to training. Now he will have an all encompassing training program and get to latch on to Marv and Jason everyday. Tickle is gonna come in with some confidence and I honestly expect him to be seeing a lot of Seely next year.
gt80rider
9/7/2017 12:52pm
Tickle had a solid year, I am thinking he even takes it up another level this year while riding orange. Big fan, hope him and Marvin kick some ass in sx '18.
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1957th
9/7/2017 12:53pm
Congrats Broc! He seems like a really good person, great to see! Good luck!
struth
9/7/2017 1:07pm
Would of been better trying to get one of the upcoming 250 riders on board.

Tickle has no room for improvement.
IWreckALot
9/7/2017 1:18pm
rdmx151 wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
Well there was no title contender that would've been available. They already have the 3rd best guy in Marvin, only Roczen and Tomac are better. Next...

Next year will be big.
I agree. My only idea would be to take a gamble on a 250 guy like Plessinger or AC and hope they excel on the 450 moreso than they do on a 250. Outside of that, it's really quite difficult to get a 450 proven guy to switch. I bet Tomac stays green for the rest of his career.
Awood
Fantasy
4233rd
9/7/2017 1:19pm
struth wrote:

You're an idiot if you think he hasn't been improving steadily all year...
BigDaddyG
9/7/2017 1:26pm
Brock is sneeky good....I think he will be really solid and will shut the haters up.
struth
9/7/2017 1:43pm
struth wrote:

Awood wrote:
You're an idiot if you think he hasn't been improving steadily all year...
Been same old tickle ....as in previous years.

Barrzy256
9/7/2017 2:12pm
Tickle will do really well with Baker (probably what he needs most is structure and confidence) I think Marvins window is shrinking for a title as...
Tickle will do really well with Baker (probably what he needs most is structure and confidence) I think Marvins window is shrinking for a title as I feel he seems to struggle under title pressure, (hope i'm wrong) but ET3, Baggett, JA21 all seem to flow better under pressure.
Struggle under title pressure...did you not watch the last few nationals?
RCMXracing
9/7/2017 2:15pm
Finally, no big surprise here, this is old news now. I want some news on the REAL race bike, the 2018.5 Factory Edition. There are way...
Finally, no big surprise here, this is old news now.

I want some news on the REAL race bike, the 2018.5 Factory Edition. There are way too many people keeping secrets on this one, somebody give up at least some spy photos dammit. Evil
Settle down dood. You Orange Brigade Commies are an eager beaver bunch. Paint not even dry on the 2018's.
But, yea, I wanna know too!
RbR
9/7/2017 2:19pm
Awesome ride for Tickle and expectations will be for consistent top 5s and some podiums with the level of equipment and training he'll be getting. Practicing/training with Marvin and the Husky team at the Baker factory should lead to improved results vs. previous years'. Might do for Tickle what it did for ZO.

Post a reply to: Orange you glad Tickle

The Latest