Thunder Valley MX - Practice Discussion

ocscottie
6/2/2018 9:39am
Any news on Osborne??
Jammed his thumb first practice, hard to hold on, gonna be a rough day for ZackO
tcallahan707
6/2/2018 9:47am
I mean no offense by this whatsoever to any of the riders because surely the slowest out there would spank my ass like a little catholic...
I mean no offense by this whatsoever to any of the riders because surely the slowest out there would spank my ass like a little catholic school boy... But ffs, when you look at the list of names on the 450 top 15 that's is a major problem for the sport of motocross right now. Even though results wise it wouldn't matter, these team need to do anything & everything they can to get fill in names like Reed & Stewart out there on track ASAP!! Thank God for the 250's. This a big problem, gp guys are probably looking at our series like a funny joke right now. Its really sad to see. They need to get some of these veteran 250 guys bumped up asap
Fill in names like Reed and Stewart? Grinning
WCRider
Fantasy
2301st
6/2/2018 9:47am
No doubt. He ended up running a faster time yet to get second in that practice, it wouldn't shock me at all to see him win...
No doubt. He ended up running a faster time yet to get second in that practice, it wouldn't shock me at all to see him win a moto or even the overall today.
Same.
GD2
Fantasy
1081st
6/2/2018 9:49am
450 B Session 2:

The Shop

6/2/2018 9:55am
I mean no offense by this whatsoever to any of the riders because surely the slowest out there would spank my ass like a little catholic...
I mean no offense by this whatsoever to any of the riders because surely the slowest out there would spank my ass like a little catholic school boy... But ffs, when you look at the list of names on the 450 top 15 that's is a major problem for the sport of motocross right now. Even though results wise it wouldn't matter, these team need to do anything & everything they can to get fill in names like Reed & Stewart out there on track ASAP!! Thank God for the 250's. This a big problem, gp guys are probably looking at our series like a funny joke right now. Its really sad to see. They need to get some of these veteran 250 guys bumped up asap
Fill in names like Reed and Stewart? Grinning
Not saying they'd be worth a damn but at least they'd have a couple extra big name draws & fam lines...
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
6/2/2018 9:58am
Only 6 big names in the 450 class... stupidcross
Play fantasy motocross then, should be easy right
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
6/2/2018 10:06am
Gandorlf wrote:
Brandon Leith #388 on the stock Kawi getting 8th in Quali!! What a dude
Mosimen tho one in the 450 class is what got me in fantasy
lumpy790
6/2/2018 10:14am
Since they announced it during the practice on NBC Gold
keinz
6/2/2018 10:20am
ocscottie wrote:
Great news from Seely!!! Back on the bike in September. Cool
Welcome back O/C
Forty
6/2/2018 10:25am Edited Date/Time 6/2/2018 10:26am
The upside is that some of the cats that would not usually get a chance to race this arena are out there and qualifying, keeping their dream alive.

Stewart and Reed?
ocscottie
6/2/2018 10:31am
World SidecarCross is on MavTV, these guys are nutz!
6/2/2018 10:32am
hey all! long time lurker, first time poster. anyone got a link they can throw my way. unexpected day off work I figured I'd watch moto. thanks!

...and are the second motos always on a delay? the tv schedule lists them as not airing live.
Question
6/2/2018 10:34am
GD2 wrote:
250 A Quali 1: [img]https://i.gyazo.com/c5e2f12549d3ef5be7c8d3ecdd7f1cd2.png[/img]
250 A Quali 1:
Wow.... Justin Hill really making good on his sttatement to be up front and winning outdoors this year. :lol: :lol: Dayum Justin Cooper is riding into...
Wow.... Justin Hill really making good on his sttatement to be up front and winning outdoors this year. GrinningGrinning

Dayum Justin Cooper is riding into the future with those qualifying times!!
I am pretty sure he is trying to hit 88mph !
ocscottie
6/2/2018 10:39am
hey all! long time lurker, first time poster. anyone got a link they can throw my way. unexpected day off work I figured I'd watch moto...
hey all! long time lurker, first time poster. anyone got a link they can throw my way. unexpected day off work I figured I'd watch moto. thanks!

...and are the second motos always on a delay? the tv schedule lists them as not airing live.
Paying for NBC Gold is really worth it, commercial free and all motos live. I think its $55 for the season pass. Commercial free rules!
6/2/2018 10:43am
Hopefully baggett finds his mojo this weekend. Id love to see him challenge tomac up front.
steveyd
6/2/2018 10:46am
steveyd wrote:
Glad to see the track wasn't ripped six feet deep and overwatered like in previous years. Not being stuck in a two-foot deep rut for 60...
Glad to see the track wasn't ripped six feet deep and overwatered like in previous years. Not being stuck in a two-foot deep rut for 60 feet at a time -- riders being able to change or take differing lines -- equals better racing.
It's ripped the same depth every year, and every day for that matter. As for watering, there was snow on the track 2 weeks before the...
It's ripped the same depth every year, and every day for that matter.

As for watering, there was snow on the track 2 weeks before the race last year and in 2015, it poured all of May, to the point of not getting equipment on the track until the week of the race. It was so wet, there was a landslide that same week onto the track where the new Thunder Valley sign on top of the hill is.

Also, if you've ever been there for the race or to ride, that track NEEDS water in the morning otherwise it's a dust bowl and hardpack by the time the afternoon comes around. In 2015, the 2nd 450 moto had dust even though it was a complete mudder in practice.

No disrespect intended.

I have ridden there on numerous occasions, and have also covered the national for Racer X probably half-a-dozen times or so.

I led my 2015 event precede with the challenges faced by those responsible for track preparation.

Racer X - Revolver - Thunder -- May 29, 2015

I was referring more to the general move in the series -- from appearances after Hangtown, Glen Helen, and watching practice this week -- to stop trying to make all the tracks all "chocolate cake" and bring back the variety of racing surfaces our sport once had. I feel like it makes for better racing, and for better racers.

I probably should have worded it better, but I just dashed that off mid-practice.
Kawasaki572
6/2/2018 10:49am
The qualifying reply doesn't work.... Didn't watch live qualifying because i was busy, so i thought i'd watch it right before the race, but i guess not.
mxb2
6/2/2018 10:49am
hey all! long time lurker, first time poster. anyone got a link they can throw my way. unexpected day off work I figured I'd watch moto...

ocscottie wrote:
Paying for NBC Gold is really worth it, commercial free and all motos live. I think its $55 for the season pass. Commercial free rules!
X2
6/2/2018 10:51am

ocscottie wrote:
yeah, I'm sure it is. Thanks for the reply.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/2/2018 10:53am

ocscottie wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
X2
X3

Plus you're in the US so you don't really have an excuse not to purchase it since it's available.
Forty
6/2/2018 10:59am
Hopefully baggett finds his mojo this weekend. Id love to see him challenge tomac up front.
He terrorized this track last year...hope to see him push Eli around a little.
Manbearpig
6/2/2018 11:18am
Gandorlf wrote:
Brandon Leith #388 on the stock Kawi getting 8th in Quali!! What a dude
Markee wrote:
39-DNS last weekend. Fantasy killer
Glen Helen his bike broke unfortunately. Look for some solid finishes from this kid this year.

Post a reply to: Thunder Valley MX - Practice Discussion

The Latest