Thunder Valley National - Main Races Bench Racing

6/6/2021 1:55 AM

Reese95w wrote:

I hope all the eastern National MX venues learned something from Lakewood this year. Don't Rip & Water so much! It was so ...more

I hope this gets more widespread recognition. The 2 tracks this year have been so much more technical than years past, if they keep this up I believe the USA will start to perform even better at MXDN again as they will be more accustomed to gnarly conditions. It’s no coincidence that Roczen is winning. Look at his results in 2019 at places that were rutted and technical. He shines where line choice is critical (simply holding it WFO wouldn’t work at Lakewood and Pala this year which is how Tomac usually wins races) - I am loving it, not just as a Roczen fan but to see riders with that next level of track IQ (Ferrandis and Roczen especially in 450’s so far and Jett and Jmart in 250) dissect these rutted and rough tracks and find the smooth fast lines is great. This is REAL motocross and I hope the rest of the tracks are prepped (and not prepped) in the same way👌👏

|

Roczen slander bloodhound...

6/6/2021 3:30 AM

Reese95w wrote:

I hope all the eastern National MX venues learned something from Lakewood this year. Don't Rip & Water so much! It was so ...more

Bjorn645 wrote:

I hope this gets more widespread recognition. The 2 tracks this year have been so much more technical than years past, if they ...more

I don’t think most of these guys really care about MXDN or how they would do so they also don’t care what our tracks are like compared to overseas.

If you haven’t noticed, patriotism is at a low across the USA. It’s not about pride for country anymore. It’s about dollar signs.

For some it’s about the schedule. Minimal time off all year leads to guys, especially with new families, to start prioritizing time at home over one off races.

|