Thunder Valley MX - Race Discussion

6/2/2018 3:36pm
Mikaela Shiffrin....bad ass. Lots of ski racers are Offroaders and MXers. For instance...people have wondered why Steve Mahre was never quite a good as his identical...
Mikaela Shiffrin....bad ass. Lots of ski racers are Offroaders and MXers.

For instance...people have wondered why Steve Mahre was never quite a good as his identical twin Phil Mahre. Part of the reason was Steve's MX injuries. Phil and Steve were both told by the US Ski Team to stop riding MX...and they both refused.

"Phil and I raced in the summer months to stay sharp and stay in the competitive mind-set of 'I gotta go, gotta go, gotta go.' And the physical aspect of it, it is so much more demanding than skiing--you have to be in shape to ride motocross.""The most crazy or memorable time on a motorcycle had to be the year my brother and I were still racing the World Cup and we had a break for about two weeks. We came home, grabbed our bikes and went and raced a double weekend race in Seattle (Washington). We drove home that night, took a quick shower, jumped on a plane that same night, flew back to Seattle to catch a flight to Europe for the next World Cup. I liked motocross that much that I put my ski racing career at risk in the middle of the winter to race two races on my dirt bike."
They are from Yakima, WA. Another Yakima product: Jim Pomeroy.
hamncheeze
6/2/2018 3:37pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
What is Musquins and Baggetts excuse for getting beaten by Roczen like this?
Marvin blamed his starts but in Moto 2 he was ahead of Eli and right on Baggett’s wheel. He didn’t have the pace today.
WCRider
Fantasy
2234th
6/2/2018 3:44pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
What is Musquins and Baggetts excuse for getting beaten by Roczen like this?
hamncheeze wrote:
Marvin blamed his starts but in Moto 2 he was ahead of Eli and right on Baggett’s wheel. He didn’t have the pace today.
He's propably also mentally affected.
6/2/2018 3:54pm
ocscottie wrote:
Kennys laptime dropped anchor Blink
No sense taking risks for no reason.
Absolutely correct. I would have liked to have seen him stick that pass on barcia early & lead for 25 or so but I'm sure the team is over the moon happy with a 2-2, as well as he is.

The Shop

6/2/2018 3:57pm
At times Tomac can be very frustrating to watch ride but then there’s times like today where he just has so much flow and the raw...
At times Tomac can be very frustrating to watch ride but then there’s times like today where he just has so much flow and the raw speed comes out. Holy shit that guy had speed today
He's on a plane of his own at the moment for sure. Pretty incredible to watch when he stays upright!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
6/2/2018 4:29pm
bvm111 wrote:
hope someone loads the motos up to YouTube later so I can watch them when I get home from work!
Just buy NBC Gold. Much simpler.
6/2/2018 4:31pm
joshflo wrote:
Savatgys unintentional revenge for Vegas 2017...? Blink
Seemed more like Osborne cut over hard to avoid someone/something and went into Savatgy.

I may be wrong though, only saw the one replay.
That's exactly right. I dont know wtf the others are talking about. Savagty pulled the best start possible & aimed for the turn, zacho tried to miss gehr going down next to him & jumped the rout dead left into the side of savatgy. Apparently they didnt see the same race. & I like Osborne more than Joey but he was the one that f'ed up here
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
6/2/2018 4:33pm
Damn, a red flag at Thunder Valley and now one at Popkum.
jakeeee
6/2/2018 4:50pm Edited Date/Time 6/2/2018 4:51pm
K-rex just went 2-2.
Imagine if he didn't have such bad luck with 2 broken arms.

Tomac wouldn't even touch him
yz133rider
6/2/2018 4:58pm
bvm111 wrote:
hope someone loads the motos up to YouTube later so I can watch them when I get home from work!
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Just buy NBC Gold. Much simpler.
I watch them about 1hr delayed on youtube
6/2/2018 5:06pm
joshflo wrote:
Savatgys unintentional revenge for Vegas 2017...? Blink
Seemed more like Osborne cut over hard to avoid someone/something and went into Savatgy.

That's exactly right. I dont know wtf the others are talking about. Savagty pulled the best start possible & aimed for the turn, zacho tried to...
That's exactly right. I dont know wtf the others are talking about. Savagty pulled the best start possible & aimed for the turn, zacho tried to miss gehr going down next to him & jumped the rout dead left into the side of savatgy. Apparently they didnt see the same race. & I like Osborne more than Joey but he was the one that f'ed up here
I wouldn't say either guy is in the wrong. When you have 40 guys trying to fit where only 10 - 15 can there's bound to be some carnage.
mxjon454
6/2/2018 5:11pm
bvm111 wrote:
Theyre already up on youtube. Just search thunder valley national 2018. I just watched the 250 motos on there.
mxjon454
6/2/2018 5:14pm
jakeeee wrote:
K-rex just went 2-2.
Imagine if he didn't have such bad luck with 2 broken arms.

Tomac wouldn't even touch him
Ya i dont know about that one. When Tomacs on like he has been lately, hes on another level. Hes done this type of stuff before on the 250 and 450 with Kenny there. This isnt anyrhing new, hes just doing it consistently now.
shuggs
6/3/2018 3:07am
bvm111 wrote:
Offroadvideos.org
KDXGarage
6/3/2018 3:24am
Can you imagine how Bagget, Musquin, Barcia, etc. feel after the last two races of Roczen beating them, knowing he is not 100% in health or riding practice?
joshflo
6/3/2018 3:47am

That's exactly right. I dont know wtf the others are talking about. Savagty pulled the best start possible & aimed for the turn, zacho tried to...
I wouldn't say either guy is in the wrong. When you have 40 guys trying to fit where only 10 - 15 can there's bound to...
I wouldn't say either guy is in the wrong. When you have 40 guys trying to fit where only 10 - 15 can there's bound to be some carnage.
Never blamed anyone that’s why I said “unintentional”....it was more of a joke. That crash could possibly cost Zach the championship so Savatgy could consider things even now lol
mx_phreek
Fantasy
242nd
6/3/2018 4:49am
From what I saw watching it there was a pile up happening to the inside of Osborne that bumped him out into joey and joey was the last in the line to get hit. It wasn't either riders fault to be honest and I don't get all the hate for joey I see on social media. He didn't cause the pile up, he got caught up in the after affects of it. And if you want get technical Osborne took him out when he ran into him lol.

Post a reply to: Thunder Valley MX - Race Discussion

The Latest