Thunder Valley - 1st timer question

savageMX
Edited Date/Time 5/24/2018 1:09pm
Going to Thunder Valley for the first time. Got the race schedule and parking figured out. Water, sun screen, shade... Got it.

Where are the best places to view the race action? I realize it's on a hill so there's a lot of good viewing. On TV I see some infield viewing areas that look like fans are standing. Any places particularly good? I expect to roam around and view different races from different spots.

Podium access - When a moto ends, are fans allowed in the area in front of the podium or is that just media and team entourage? Might be cool to check that our at the end of a moto.

Any other tips for Thunder Valley?

Anyone looking for Thunder Valley details, here's the link. Click the Spectator Info tab.

|
racer495a
5/24/2018 12:42pm
Last year you had to have the all day pit pass to go to the podium because of where they placed it. Pits are right next to the track and actually give you viewing you can't otherwise get. I'd spring for the all day pit pass for sure.

2whlfun
5/24/2018 1:07pm Edited Date/Time 5/24/2018 1:08pm
I usually go early and watch practice just below the Lucas Oil VIP zone then wander to interior of track for a couple sessions and various fence line spots. Go check out first turn area and drop off to second turn and don’t miss dragon back obstacle on north side.

When it’s time for real motos I go to the high up on the west hill wehere Bagget passed Eli last year where I will have stashed a chair earlier. See you!
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
5/24/2018 1:09pm
Like racer said above, the podium was in the pits last year...

Cool places to walk around and see the action -

Viewing from the pits is always good.

Another cool spot is way up the hill just past the Fly VIP tents. All the guys come flying by right after the start.
People climb way up the mountain there too. It's cool place to watch from.

And see the tunnel just below the TV VIP tents? That's how you get into the infield, which is really fun to run around from corner to corner to watch all the action. I think the infield is probably the best spot to keep moving around and watching from different spots. You can start your motos at the top of the start straight, then run across towards the Fly Triple and the corner where Tomac broke his shoulders. Then run down by the mechanics area to watch them come around the other side of the track. Then of course the Finish line is right there too... You can hit everything in the infield.

There is another Fan Tunnel near the Finish, but I think you have to have pit access to go in and out from there.

And motorcycle parking is free!

Post a reply to: Thunder Valley - 1st timer question

The Latest