Thunder Valley 125 All Star race?

burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
Edited Date/Time 6/5/2018 8:46pm
Over the last two races, it seemed understandable that it wasn’t covered and there were no results posted. Everyone sort of laughed it off, while all the reporters and promoters complained of disorganization, busyness, etc.

This time, there was absolutely nothing reported about Thunder Valley. Nothing other than a blip by MXA.

Update 10:30pm: I found the results listed on RacerX’s site. There is a menu type button that you can click on in the upper right corner of their mobile site. I scrolled down and there it was.

|
TommyLee93
6/5/2018 10:15am
Will Hahn beat a gate full of people you have probably never heard of.
You are now up to date.
mb
6/5/2018 10:27am
Everyone in the pro class was once someone who I had never heard of.

It matters.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
6/5/2018 10:51am Edited Date/Time 6/5/2018 8:31pm
TommyLee93 wrote:
You are now up to date.
Update 10:30pm: I found the results listed on RacerX’s site. There is a menu type button that you can click on in the upper right corner of their mobile site. I scrolled down and there it was.

The Shop

langhammx
Fantasy
581st
6/5/2018 11:01am
TommyLee93 wrote:
You are now up to date.
burn1986 wrote:
Update 10:30pm: I found the results listed on RacerX’s site. There is a menu type button that you can click on in the upper right corner...
TommyLee was right ! Wilbur is the ONLY name I’ve heard of !! Shocked
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
6/5/2018 11:01am Edited Date/Time 6/5/2018 8:32pm
No, it doesn’t
ML512
Fantasy
54th
6/5/2018 11:03am
langhammx wrote:
Same.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
6/5/2018 11:08am Edited Date/Time 6/5/2018 8:33pm
langhammx wrote:
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
6/5/2018 11:09am Edited Date/Time 6/5/2018 8:33pm
ML512 wrote:
Same.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/5/2018 11:12am
TommyLee93 wrote:
You are now up to date.
Plenty of people on here had no idea who Aiden Tijero was at Hangtown. He lined up and he won the race. Just because some of the guys lining up aren't well known doesn't mean they suck or aren't on the rise to becoming known.

Back when I was racing and had time to watch the pro guys I had no idea who most of them were but it didn't matter. The racing was still fun to watch. Some of the unknown to me back then were actually some of Canada's best and some are currently Canada's best.

We all start somewhere.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
6/5/2018 11:14am Edited Date/Time 6/5/2018 8:33pm
TommyLee93 wrote:
You are now up to date.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Plenty of people on here had no idea who Aiden Tijero was at Hangtown. He lined up and he won the race. Just because some of...
Plenty of people on here had no idea who Aiden Tijero was at Hangtown. He lined up and he won the race. Just because some of the guys lining up aren't well known doesn't mean they suck or aren't on the rise to becoming known.

Back when I was racing and had time to watch the pro guys I had no idea who most of them were but it didn't matter. The racing was still fun to watch. Some of the unknown to me back then were actually some of Canada's best and some are currently Canada's best.

We all start somewhere.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
6/5/2018 11:14am
burn1986 wrote:
Update 10:30pm: I found the results listed on RacerX’s site. There is a menu type button that you can click on in the upper right corner...
Nope, I'm on MXGP duty. I'm not at hand at most Nationals and I believe they only list the results on paper, never seen them on AMA/MX Sports results page.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
6/5/2018 11:15am Edited Date/Time 6/5/2018 11:16am
TommyLee93 wrote:
You are now up to date.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Plenty of people on here had no idea who Aiden Tijero was at Hangtown. He lined up and he won the race. Just because some of...

We all start somewhere.
burn1986 wrote:
Yes, your complaints got the world changed...not that the promoters messed up and ran the race off schedule when no one was prepared to cover and score it. I missed the entire race at Hangtown cause I was busy working the pits, as with most of the industry workers I noticed running back to the track after we finally noticed the 125s were out racing. (You can't hear them at Hangtown from the pits).
6/5/2018 11:16am
mb wrote:

It matters.
That would make sense if the class was made for amateur kids coming through the ranks, but it wasn't. Tucker Saye and obviously Wil Hahn have raced pro nationals before.

I think some people completely misunderstood what these races actually are, they aren't an equivalent to the EMX125 class in Europe like some people seem to think.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
6/5/2018 11:18am
That would make sense if the class was made for amateur kids coming through the ranks, but it wasn't. Tucker Saye and obviously Wil Hahn have...
That would make sense if the class was made for amateur kids coming through the ranks, but it wasn't. Tucker Saye and obviously Wil Hahn have raced pro nationals before.

I think some people completely misunderstood what these races actually are, they aren't an equivalent to the EMX125 class in Europe like some people seem to think.
Whoops, I didn't spot Tucker's name on there.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
6/5/2018 11:21am
These guys are racing in front of National size crowds and on the same track as the premier class. I would think just a hint of coverage would mean something to those guys out on the track.

And before I go. KTM/Husky 8 out of top twenty.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
6/5/2018 11:23am Edited Date/Time 6/5/2018 8:34pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

We all start somewhere.
burn1986 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Yes, your complaints got the world changed...not that the promoters messed up and ran the race off schedule when no one was prepared to cover and...
Yes, your complaints got the world changed...not that the promoters messed up and ran the race off schedule when no one was prepared to cover and score it. I missed the entire race at Hangtown cause I was busy working the pits, as with most of the industry workers I noticed running back to the track after we finally noticed the 125s were out racing. (You can't hear them at Hangtown from the pits).
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
6/5/2018 11:26am Edited Date/Time 6/5/2018 8:34pm
mb wrote:

It matters.
That would make sense if the class was made for amateur kids coming through the ranks, but it wasn't. Tucker Saye and obviously Wil Hahn have...

6/5/2018 11:27am
KennyT wrote:
These guys are racing in front of National size crowds and on the same track as the premier class. I would think just a hint of...
These guys are racing in front of National size crowds and on the same track as the premier class. I would think just a hint of coverage would mean something to those guys out on the track.

I rode a KTM as well. I think MXA had a mess up because I rode a Yamaha last year. Also to note, Matt Burris who placed third was riding a 2004 era KTM, I thought that was cool!
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
6/5/2018 11:29am
KennyT wrote:
These guys are racing in front of National size crowds and on the same track as the premier class. I would think just a hint of...

I rode a KTM as well. I think MXA had a mess up because I rode a Yamaha last year. Also to note, Matt Burris who...
I rode a KTM as well. I think MXA had a mess up because I rode a Yamaha last year. Also to note, Matt Burris who placed third was riding a 2004 era KTM, I thought that was cool!
Thanks for the info and congratulations on a great finish. Wish I could have seen it....maybe next time
Jack_Mehoff
Fantasy
57th
6/5/2018 11:29am
I got some GoPro I could post tonight. Had to convince the mx sports dude it was a garmin to let me run it
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
6/5/2018 11:51am Edited Date/Time 6/5/2018 8:35pm
ttugrad1793
6/5/2018 11:54am
they're treating it like less than the KTM JR SX thing that even gets a few seconds of coverage during SX races. You've got ex-champions racing this thing and it's a complete blackout. Like it never happened. Inexcusable.
kNewc
6/5/2018 12:12pm
they're treating it like less than the KTM JR SX thing that even gets a few seconds of coverage during SX races. You've got ex-champions racing...
they're treating it like less than the KTM JR SX thing that even gets a few seconds of coverage during SX races. You've got ex-champions racing this thing and it's a complete blackout. Like it never happened. Inexcusable.
Sponsors and manufacturers don't want to showcase bikes they aren't making I guess. Sucks, I would appreciate it to be on TV or the online broadcast. Even just some highlights would be cool. Just to see how the 125's are riding the track compared to the 4t's would be worth it for me.
TommyLee93
6/5/2018 12:13pm
TommyLee93 wrote:
You are now up to date.
burn1986 wrote:
So, you had the results and just felt the need to bitch & moan about not enough coverage for an exhibition race?

And you call me Bozo?
LungButter
6/5/2018 12:15pm
According to Pit Bits, Star built up Wilbur a new bike instead of the used one he raced at Hangtown, this one even has some Ti parts. That aint free to have done, Yamaha must care at least a little bit...
tcallahan707
6/5/2018 12:16pm
There is really no excuse for not having the results posted at minimum. Why is it so impossible for media companies to see the gap in coverage as an opportunity to get clicks and eyeballs? Makes you wonder Whistling

I raced it last year at Thunder and had a dude come up to me in the pits. He told me he drove 8 hours from SLC to watch the 125 race. He didn’t even care about the national.

Can we at least get a Pit Bit photo of Hahn’s bike (maybe there is one)? That isn’t exactly extra workload.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
6/5/2018 12:22pm
There is really no excuse for not having the results posted at minimum. Why is it so impossible for media companies to see the gap in...
There is really no excuse for not having the results posted at minimum. Why is it so impossible for media companies to see the gap in coverage as an opportunity to get clicks and eyeballs? Makes you wonder Whistling

I raced it last year at Thunder and had a dude come up to me in the pits. He told me he drove 8 hours from SLC to watch the 125 race. He didn’t even care about the national.

Can we at least get a Pit Bit photo of Hahn’s bike (maybe there is one)? That isn’t exactly extra workload.
There's one from Hangtown with a bunch of the other bikes that were raced and there's another from the Thunder Valley coverage updating what's different about the bike.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
6/5/2018 12:23pm
LungButter wrote:
According to Pit Bits, Star built up Wilbur a new bike instead of the used one he raced at Hangtown, this one even has some Ti...
According to Pit Bits, Star built up Wilbur a new bike instead of the used one he raced at Hangtown, this one even has some Ti parts. That aint free to have done, Yamaha must care at least a little bit...
That would be out of Star's parts bin and budget. He used an amateur kid's bike and they broke one of the fresh ones out of the crate for him to use at the rest he's racing.
Marty1028
Fantasy
994th
6/5/2018 12:23pm
I got some GoPro I could post tonight. Had to convince the mx sports dude it was a garmin to let me run it
why did you have to convince it was a garmin?

Post a reply to: Thunder Valley 125 All Star race?

The Latest