Thunder Valley 125 All Star race?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/5/2018 10:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2018 8:30 PM

Over the last two races, it seemed understandable that it wasn’t covered and there were no results posted. Everyone sort of laughed it off, while all the reporters and promoters complained of disorganization, busyness, etc.

This time, there was absolutely nothing reported about Thunder Valley. Nothing other than a blip by MXA.

Update 10:30pm: I found the results listed on RacerX’s site. There is a menu type button that you can click on in the upper right corner of their mobile site. I scrolled down and there it was.

|

6/5/2018 10:15 AM

Will Hahn beat a gate full of people you have probably never heard of.
You are now up to date.

|

6/5/2018 10:27 AM

Everyone in the pro class was once someone who I had never heard of.

It matters.

|

6/5/2018 10:51 AM

No, it doesn’t

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

6/5/2018 10:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2018 8:31 PM

TommyLee93 wrote:

You are now up to date.

Update 10:30pm: I found the results listed on RacerX’s site. There is a menu type button that you can click on in the upper right corner of their mobile site. I scrolled down and there it was.

|

6/5/2018 11:01 AM

TommyLee93 wrote:

You are now up to date.

burn1986 wrote:

Update 10:30pm: I found the results listed on RacerX’s site. There is a menu type button that you can click on in the upper ...more

TommyLee was right ! Wilbur is the ONLY name I’ve heard of !! shocked

|

6/5/2018 11:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2018 8:32 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

No, it doesn’t

|

6/5/2018 11:03 AM

langhammx wrote:

Same.

|

6/5/2018 11:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2018 8:33 PM

langhammx wrote:

|

6/5/2018 11:09 AM

ML512 wrote:

Same.

|

6/5/2018 11:12 AM

TommyLee93 wrote:

You are now up to date.

Plenty of people on here had no idea who Aiden Tijero was at Hangtown. He lined up and he won the race. Just because some of the guys lining up aren't well known doesn't mean they suck or aren't on the rise to becoming known.

Back when I was racing and had time to watch the pro guys I had no idea who most of them were but it didn't matter. The racing was still fun to watch. Some of the unknown to me back then were actually some of Canada's best and some are currently Canada's best.

We all start somewhere.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

6/5/2018 11:14 AM

TommyLee93 wrote:

You are now up to date.

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Plenty of people on here had no idea who Aiden Tijero was at Hangtown. He lined up and he won the race. Just because some of ...more

|

6/5/2018 11:14 AM

burn1986 wrote:

Update 10:30pm: I found the results listed on RacerX’s site. There is a menu type button that you can click on in the upper ...more

Nope, I'm on MXGP duty. I'm not at hand at most Nationals and I believe they only list the results on paper, never seen them on AMA/MX Sports results page.

|

6/5/2018 11:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2018 11:16 AM

TommyLee93 wrote:

You are now up to date.

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Plenty of people on here had no idea who Aiden Tijero was at Hangtown. He lined up and he won the race. Just because some of ...more

burn1986 wrote:

Yes, your complaints got the world changed...not that the promoters messed up and ran the race off schedule when no one was prepared to cover and score it. I missed the entire race at Hangtown cause I was busy working the pits, as with most of the industry workers I noticed running back to the track after we finally noticed the 125s were out racing. (You can't hear them at Hangtown from the pits).

|

6/5/2018 11:16 AM

mb wrote:

It matters.

That would make sense if the class was made for amateur kids coming through the ranks, but it wasn't. Tucker Saye and obviously Wil Hahn have raced pro nationals before.

I think some people completely misunderstood what these races actually are, they aren't an equivalent to the EMX125 class in Europe like some people seem to think.

|

6/5/2018 11:18 AM

jorgechavez wrote:

That would make sense if the class was made for amateur kids coming through the ranks, but it wasn't. Tucker Saye and ...more

Whoops, I didn't spot Tucker's name on there.

|

6/5/2018 11:21 AM

These guys are racing in front of National size crowds and on the same track as the premier class. I would think just a hint of coverage would mean something to those guys out on the track.

And before I go. KTM/Husky 8 out of top twenty.

|

6/5/2018 11:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2018 8:34 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

burn1986 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Yes, your complaints got the world changed...not that the promoters messed up and ran the race off schedule when no one was ...more

|

6/5/2018 11:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2018 8:34 PM

mb wrote:

It matters.

jorgechavez wrote:

That would make sense if the class was made for amateur kids coming through the ranks, but it wasn't. Tucker Saye and ...more

|

6/5/2018 11:27 AM

KennyT wrote:

These guys are racing in front of National size crowds and on the same track as the premier class. I would think just a hint ...more

I rode a KTM as well. I think MXA had a mess up because I rode a Yamaha last year. Also to note, Matt Burris who placed third was riding a 2004 era KTM, I thought that was cool!

|

6/5/2018 11:29 AM

KennyT wrote:

These guys are racing in front of National size crowds and on the same track as the premier class. I would think just a hint ...more

chasestevenson599 wrote:

I rode a KTM as well. I think MXA had a mess up because I rode a Yamaha last year. Also to note, Matt Burris who placed third ...more

Thanks for the info and congratulations on a great finish. Wish I could have seen it....maybe next time

|

6/5/2018 11:29 AM

I got some GoPro I could post tonight. Had to convince the mx sports dude it was a garmin to let me run it

|

6/5/2018 11:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2018 8:35 PM

|

6/5/2018 11:54 AM

they're treating it like less than the KTM JR SX thing that even gets a few seconds of coverage during SX races. You've got ex-champions racing this thing and it's a complete blackout. Like it never happened. Inexcusable.

|

6/5/2018 12:12 PM

ttugrad1793 wrote:

they're treating it like less than the KTM JR SX thing that even gets a few seconds of coverage during SX races. You've got ...more

Sponsors and manufacturers don't want to showcase bikes they aren't making I guess. Sucks, I would appreciate it to be on TV or the online broadcast. Even just some highlights would be cool. Just to see how the 125's are riding the track compared to the 4t's would be worth it for me.

|

6/5/2018 12:13 PM

TommyLee93 wrote:

You are now up to date.

burn1986 wrote:

So, you had the results and just felt the need to bitch & moan about not enough coverage for an exhibition race?

And you call me Bozo?

|

6/5/2018 12:15 PM

According to Pit Bits, Star built up Wilbur a new bike instead of the used one he raced at Hangtown, this one even has some Ti parts. That aint free to have done, Yamaha must care at least a little bit...

|

6/5/2018 12:16 PM

There is really no excuse for not having the results posted at minimum. Why is it so impossible for media companies to see the gap in coverage as an opportunity to get clicks and eyeballs? Makes you wonder whistling

I raced it last year at Thunder and had a dude come up to me in the pits. He told me he drove 8 hours from SLC to watch the 125 race. He didn’t even care about the national.

Can we at least get a Pit Bit photo of Hahn’s bike (maybe there is one)? That isn’t exactly extra workload.

|

6/5/2018 12:22 PM

tcallahan707 wrote:

There is really no excuse for not having the results posted at minimum. Why is it so impossible for media companies to see the ...more

There's one from Hangtown with a bunch of the other bikes that were raced and there's another from the Thunder Valley coverage updating what's different about the bike.

|

6/5/2018 12:23 PM

LungButter wrote:

According to Pit Bits, Star built up Wilbur a new bike instead of the used one he raced at Hangtown, this one even has some Ti ...more

That would be out of Star's parts bin and budget. He used an amateur kid's bike and they broke one of the fresh ones out of the crate for him to use at the rest he's racing.

|