Throttle tube

I have replaced my bars and grips but now when I ride my bike has like I constant rev, like the throttle isn’t in starting position but I’ve tried switching it around ive tried everything. Can someone point me in the right direction cheers! Also this is on a 2007 kx125
|
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
11/22/2020 3:34am Edited Date/Time 11/22/2020 3:38am
Your throttle cable routed correct? Does the rpm pick up when you turn one way or the other with the bike on the stand.

Check that the cable is seated correctly where enterering the carb.

If that is all good then waterpaper the part of the bar that your t/rolls over.

Lastly, good chance that your new bars are slighly wider than your old ones thus taking up the free-play the throttle requires. Trim your bars accordingly.

Good luck.
KMC440
11/22/2020 3:37am Edited Date/Time 11/22/2020 3:40am
I have replaced my bars and grips but now when I ride my bike has like I constant rev, like the throttle isn’t in starting position...
I have replaced my bars and grips but now when I ride my bike has like I constant rev, like the throttle isn’t in starting position but I’ve tried switching it around ive tried everything. Can someone point me in the right direction cheers! Also this is on a 2007 kx125
Double check the cable routing first. Then if that's fine are the new bars wider? Lastly you may have burrs on the new bars or the throttle tube may need to be sanded inside with fine grit or replaced.
Sort it out before riding obviously.

Edit * dang got holeshotted by the Slanger !!

Gold luck ... hah i saw that
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
11/22/2020 3:50am Edited Date/Time 11/22/2020 3:52am
I have replaced my bars and grips but now when I ride my bike has like I constant rev, like the throttle isn’t in starting position...
KMC440 wrote:
Double check the cable routing first. Then if that's fine are the new bars wider? Lastly you may have burrs on the new bars or the...
Double check the cable routing first. Then if that's fine are the new bars wider? Lastly you may have burrs on the new bars or the throttle tube may need to be sanded inside with fine grit or replaced.

I heard you bog off the start and just pipped you into the corner..hahaha

Since the dude has fitted new bars I'd reckon they need a trimming or if he is happy with the width then a cable play adjustment will suffice.
KMC440
11/22/2020 4:32am Edited Date/Time 11/22/2020 6:32am
I think little Jeffery needs more veggies in his diet ... sounds a bit light on iron too. Jeffrey you need to eat more peas, spinach and maybe some asparagus ... it'll do you good, ignore the pee smell.

Boomer ... that bog happens if I don't get the engine on the old 400 super hot. It's been that way for the 20 years I've had it.

The Shop

LKHill
11/22/2020 8:17am
Check to see if the throttle snaps the carb closed, you can hear it hit. Check and make sure there is free play in the end of the cable at the throttle. If that is GTG you are lean.
numbers
11/22/2020 8:28am
KMC440 wrote:
Double check the cable routing first. Then if that's fine are the new bars wider? Lastly you may have burrs on the new bars or the...

Boomslang wrote:
I heard you bog off the start and just pipped you into the corner..hahaha Since the dude has fitted new bars I'd reckon they need a...
I heard you bog off the start and just pipped you into the corner..hahaha

Since the dude has fitted new bars I'd reckon they need a trimming or if he is happy with the width then a cable play adjustment will suffice.
Funny how many people don't cut their bars. Watched a video of Bailey explaing how to find your strength zone, then cut the length to match.
numbers
11/22/2020 8:30am
Funny how many people don't cut their bars. Watched a video of Bailey explaing how to find your strength zone, then cut the length to match.
12/1/2020 1:57am
Got it in the end. Had to fix the throttle cable route and then adjust the screw. Thx for the help!

Post a reply to: Throttle tube

The Latest