Thoughts or prayers for Lumpy!

huck
7/26/2017 2:18pm
huck wrote:
Anybody ever hear what happened?? Auto accident?
UpTiTe wrote:
Yes
That sucks. I almost got in one the other day. Some kid looked up from his phone at the last second. Shit happens quick.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1942nd
7/26/2017 2:39pm
Get well soon Lumpy! Hope to see you at one of the remaining GNCCs this season!
lumpy790
8/26/2017 9:22am
A guy called and mentioned he saw I was hurt on Vital so huge Thank you guys!

Basic story I was told.....

Life flighted by helecopter to Charlotte and in ICU for 3 days and 25 days in hospital with time to relearn how to take a step and read words and other things.

Do not remember what happened but guy bumper tagged me and when I got out to look he ran with car and hit me and I was on his car hood for 3 blocks till he turned throwing me off and got fractured skull, brain injury bleeding, fractured right ear, hurt neck, right shoulder scapula area was cut up. Some how I think I took a moto roll because not broken arm or legs bones except for skull.

Come to find out I took 40 pictures of the guy from the hood and my wife found them in my phone and gave them to the police and he was arrested on day 4

Making a slow progress relearning some thought brain processes. Glad learning how to read started with reading 3 words after 2 weeks to a sentence in a week and lucky my wife brought the new Dirt Rider magazine that has a 2/3 page Moto Hose KTM Radiator test so I tried for days and days to read it and got it up to a paragraph. Funny typing has gone well but sometimes spelling sucks. Start taking training classes Monday. Have very bad dizziness from eyes and ears. The day before getting out of the hospital had an ear test that caused me to throw up during but discovered the ear drum had healed the crack just a couple days before.

Wife took another month off work to drive me to doctors and stuff for the next week.

I never knew it but in SC when you get a brain injury they pull your drivers license till your DR approves you and it will be 6 months to 2 years till I will have the ability to drive. No way can I drive right now so its a good thing.
jeffro503
8/26/2017 9:29am
lumpy790 wrote:
A guy called and mentioned he saw I was hurt on Vital so huge Thank you guys! Basic story I was told..... Life flighted by helecopter...

Life flighted by helecopter to Charlotte and in ICU for 3 days and 25 days in hospital with time to relearn how to take a step and read words and other things.

Do not remember what happened but guy bumper tagged me and when I got out to look he ran with car and hit me and I was on his car hood for 3 blocks till he turned throwing me off and got fractured skull, brain injury bleeding, fractured right ear, hurt neck, right shoulder scapula area was cut up. Some how I think I took a moto roll because not broken arm or legs bones except for skull.

Come to find out I took 40 pictures of the guy from the hood and my wife found them in my phone and gave them to the police and he was arrested on day 4

Making a slow progress relearning some thought brain processes. Glad learning how to read started with reading 3 words after 2 weeks to a sentence in a week and lucky my wife brought the new Dirt Rider magazine that has a 2/3 page Moto Hose KTM Radiator test so I tried for days and days to read it and got it up to a paragraph. Funny typing has gone well but sometimes spelling sucks. Start taking training classes Monday. Have very bad dizziness from eyes and ears. The day before getting out of the hospital had an ear test that caused me to throw up during but discovered the ear drum had healed the crack just a couple days before.

Wife took another month off work to drive me to doctors and stuff for the next week.

I never knew it but in SC when you get a brain injury they pull your drivers license till your DR approves you and it will be 6 months to 2 years till I will have the ability to drive. No way can I drive right now so its a good thing.
Holy shit Lumpy! I'm glad to hear you are ok. That sounds crazy as hell. What was the guys name who did this too you? Take your time and heal up nice and good. Sorry to hear that happened to you. Thank god for your MX skills....a non-moto person probably wouldn't of known how to tumble like that!

The Shop

Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1089th
8/26/2017 9:36am
Lump, glad to see you back! Keep us posted on you healing my friend.
DL
8/26/2017 9:37am
Nightmare! Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery.
KMC440
8/26/2017 9:39am
Holy crap Lumpster !
I doubt anyone here had any idea it was that bad ...
Fantastic news on the recovery, but damn I hope the learning comes quicker with the walkin.

Keep your spirits up and no more hood surfin!

Daymmmm !
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
8/26/2017 9:41am
Holy shit. Good job getting pictures of the guy from the hood of his car, that's beyond impressive.
Glad your okish, I hope the healing process goes quickly.
jimmie
8/26/2017 9:42am
Incredible story!

Hope to hear from you when you're back to "normal" and driving again.
lumpy790
8/26/2017 9:44am
lumpy790 wrote:
A guy called and mentioned he saw I was hurt on Vital so huge Thank you guys! Basic story I was told..... Life flighted by helecopter...

jeffro503 wrote:
Holy shit Lumpy! I'm glad to hear you are ok. That sounds crazy as hell. What was the guys name who did this too you? Take...
Holy shit Lumpy! I'm glad to hear you are ok. That sounds crazy as hell. What was the guys name who did this too you? Take your time and heal up nice and good. Sorry to hear that happened to you. Thank god for your MX skills....a non-moto person probably wouldn't of known how to tumble like that!
Right now I do not want to know his name till trial day and all I know is he is a looser. Blown away to know it is $50k helicopter and I do not remember any of it.

I thought my wife was nuts when through her work a couple years ago she started paying money into a lawyers service and on day 3 she got my lawyer that has been working with police and getting charges started.

I am lucky to get going in the hospital and making progress.

No way could I do the Motorcycle trade show AIMExpo in Ohio in a couple weeks so had to cancel it and loose the $$$$ we paid.

Last year was my 1st time ever going to A1 and I was SOOOO looking forward to going again but no way will I be ready for traveling to West SX's...... hope to heal for East?
jeffro503
8/26/2017 9:48am
lumpy790 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
Holy shit Lumpy! I'm glad to hear you are ok. That sounds crazy as hell. What was the guys name who did this too you? Take...
lumpy790 wrote:
Right now I do not want to know his name till trial day and all I know is he is a looser. Blown away to know...
Right now I do not want to know his name till trial day and all I know is he is a looser. Blown away to know it is $50k helicopter and I do not remember any of it.

I thought my wife was nuts when through her work a couple years ago she started paying money into a lawyers service and on day 3 she got my lawyer that has been working with police and getting charges started.

I am lucky to get going in the hospital and making progress.

No way could I do the Motorcycle trade show AIMExpo in Ohio in a couple weeks so had to cancel it and loose the $$$$ we paid.

Last year was my 1st time ever going to A1 and I was SOOOO looking forward to going again but no way will I be ready for traveling to West SX's...... hope to heal for East?
There is a lot of real bummer news in all this Lumpy , but the best news is , you're still here. That's the most important thing right there. I hope that douche bag gets what's coming to him and spends many , many years in jail for what he did. Heal up my friend. .
Old-Man
8/26/2017 9:49am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2017 9:58am
Thats wild Man, glad you were able to get the pics, and way to hang on to that Bull while doing so.

Glad you're on the Mend, keep up the good work!
AHRMA361
Fantasy
232nd
8/26/2017 10:12am
Holy $hit! What a nightmare you lived through!

Head trauma is really tricky and it does take time for it to sort out. Went through it with my father from an auto accident. Time to heal is your friend. Thank god you survived and hope that prick that did this to you gets the max sentence he can.
Trav138
8/26/2017 10:21am
Wow
Thats a tough deal lump. All the best man to a speedy recovery.
I will pickup a hose kit soon.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
8/26/2017 11:54am
Wow crazy Story
Praying for 100% recovery for you
Glad you came out as good as you did
MaicoJC1
8/26/2017 12:00pm
Steve, good grief! So sorry to hear about this. Will keep you in my prayers, man.
(JCH -- from your old Maryland High School)
lumpy790
8/26/2017 12:05pm
MaicoJC1 wrote:
Steve, good grief! So sorry to hear about this. Will keep you in my prayers, man.
Meade?
MaicoJC1
8/26/2017 12:11pm
MaicoJC1 wrote:
lumpy790 wrote:
Meade?
Yes. Rode with you and Ben Schaefer off of Rte 175 (near the old Texaco gas station) a few times in 81 or 82. Believe you were riding your Husqvarna 250 CR back then. Still chat with a couple folks from MD City from time to time. Anyway, you take it easy. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
MaicoJC1
8/26/2017 12:13pm
MaicoJC1 wrote:
lumpy790 wrote:
Meade?
MaicoJC1 wrote:
Yes. Rode with you and Ben Schaefer off of Rte 175 (near the old Texaco gas station) a few times in 81 or 82. Believe you...
Yes. Rode with you and Ben Schaefer off of Rte 175 (near the old Texaco gas station) a few times in 81 or 82. Believe you were riding your Husqvarna 250 CR back then. Still chat with a couple folks from MD City from time to time. Anyway, you take it easy. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
And, I was riding a 79 Honda CR 250 back then.
lumpy790
8/26/2017 12:30pm
MaicoJC1 wrote:
lumpy790 wrote:
Meade?
MaicoJC1 wrote:
Yes. Rode with you and Ben Schaefer off of Rte 175 (near the old Texaco gas station) a few times in 81 or 82. Believe you...
Blast from the pass! Liked riding on that flat place to bad its a shopping center now!
MaicoJC1
8/26/2017 12:44pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2017 12:46pm
lumpy790 wrote:
Meade?
MaicoJC1 wrote:
lumpy790 wrote:
Blast from the pass! Liked riding on that flat place to bad its a shopping center now!
For sure! I remember you riding on the lower backside of that place, hitting this kind of natural terrain uphill jump and you launching that Husky over my head -- too cool!

Don't know the last time you've been back up here, but it's insane now. AA, PG, HO Counties -- if there's a speck o' land visible, they're building on it. Thankfully, I get to ride/practice out in Carrol county on a good friend's farm. Nice little set up.

Still in touch with Mike Vinici sister, Angie. I know Mike and a few others MC boys are down in Florida. Once in a while I also chat with Mark Cochran, John Connery, and couple of other folks from your old 'hood. But I digress.

Again, I wish you good recovery. I'll check in on you from time to time. All my best to you and yours, Steve.

Regards,
John
lumpy790
8/26/2017 1:08pm
MaicoJC1 wrote:
lumpy790 wrote:
MaicoJC1 wrote:
For sure! I remember you riding on the lower backside of that place, hitting this kind of natural terrain uphill jump and you launching that Husky...
For sure! I remember you riding on the lower backside of that place, hitting this kind of natural terrain uphill jump and you launching that Husky over my head -- too cool!

Don't know the last time you've been back up here, but it's insane now. AA, PG, HO Counties -- if there's a speck o' land visible, they're building on it. Thankfully, I get to ride/practice out in Carrol county on a good friend's farm. Nice little set up.

Still in touch with Mike Vinici sister, Angie. I know Mike and a few others MC boys are down in Florida. Once in a while I also chat with Mark Cochran, John Connery, and couple of other folks from your old 'hood. But I digress.

Again, I wish you good recovery. I'll check in on you from time to time. All my best to you and yours, Steve.

Regards,
John
You are probably thinking of the 414 Montessa I raced when I was working at Heyser Cycle and was racing a 125 Husky in B class.

Wife and I are back in Laurel every Christmas with her family. Mike V lives in FL now and he got a RMZ450 last year.

As of right now no idea when I will be able to run ride a bicycle or my KTM but hopefully in a year. I was going riding the day after I got hurt and pissed that did not happen.
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4002nd
8/26/2017 1:46pm
I hope you feel better Steven! Your a good guy, a great friend & an awesome sponsor. It's companies like yours that help make this sport go around w/ your solid products & the support that you offer to so many of us. If I'm not mistaken, they're all made in the good ole USA too! Get well brotha!

moore433
8/26/2017 4:05pm
Wow Lumpy, I've read your replies on here for ever. So sorry that happened but glad you are doing as well as you are, could have been worse.. Very smart that you got the pictures of him or he may have gotten away..
Hope everything heals up fast and you have a full recovery!!
PN27416
8/30/2017 1:54pm
Crazy Steve. Glad to hear your on the way back to recovery!! Not close to you but if a hand can be lent in anyway. Please say so.

Pete
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
8/30/2017 2:08pm
Best of wishes to you. I hope the dirt bag that did this gets shafted. Have you figured out why he chose to handle things in such a bad way?
Zaugg
8/30/2017 2:56pm
Get well soon Steve. You'll be back it in no time.

Post a reply to: Thoughts or prayers for Lumpy!

The Latest