Thoughts on Alpinestars Sequence chest protector?

Edited Date/Time 9/10/2020 4:17pm
Anyone smarter than me who has an opinion on this chest protector? On how good the protection might be? Because it looks more comfortable than any chest protector i have ever seen, but it does not look as safe. But of course alpinestars is saying that it has just as good protection as any other chest protector. But i don`t know if i should trust them saying it, i would rather trust someone neutral haha. Thanks.
|
MZ193
9/9/2020 11:36am
It would be cool to look at it in real life
It Doesn't protect much less than the others light chest protectors i guess...
peelout
9/9/2020 11:46am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2020 11:49am
i have no personal experience on the Alpinestars version, but it looks very similar to the Fox Airframe (which i absolutely love)

9/9/2020 12:47pm
Thank you guys. And thanks for the keefer review, I never googled it i just looked it up on youtube hahah. ill be better at that next time

The Shop

yamahaha131
9/9/2020 1:08pm
I’m trying mine out first time tonight. I’m 200 pounds and 5’10. My initial feeling is it fits very well for my size with the medium\large. It is lightweight and pliable but heavier than you would think. The material on the inside seems very comfortable to wear with no undershirt. The only issue I could see is if you are tall and thin, maybe not getting the straps tight enough Due to lack of adjustment. I will post again after I actually try it out in a few hours.
Big Tex27
9/9/2020 1:22pm
Also 5'10 200lbs. MD/LG size fits good. Doesn't give me nipple rash unlike the A1? does. (white plastic one) Doesn't breath exceptionally well, but is decent for sure. I normally run it outside the jersey when practicing and under jersey when racing. deflects roost well also. I would buy again.
JW884
Fantasy
2590th
9/9/2020 3:37pm
I've had one since the beginning of the year and came from a one of the very soft and thin fox 'roost guards'. I love the sequence cause it's so thin wear I can comfortably wear it under my jersey and it doesn't look bulky. I wear an Atlas brace and it sits well with it. Also wear a t-shirt under it so can't comment on the rash part. It's soft enough wear it sits on me nicely (MD/LG at 5'10" 160lbs) but can take a decent blunt hit (from experience lol). Maybe something sharper like a bar end might not have the same feeling though. Hope it helps
yamahaha131
9/9/2020 7:46pm
After riding with this protector I’m very impressed with comfort. The material is very nice against your skin. My only very, very minor adjustment I’d make is a slightly shorter back plate. I may have a shorter torso. I never noticed it when riding but moving around off the bike it felt just a tad long for me. Again, not even really a complaint just a tweak I’d make. The backplate has a removable upper plate around you’re lower cervical vertebrae where a brace would sit but not the entire piece. I let a friend try it and he loved it also. I wouldn’t hesitate to try one. If you can try one on before it might help pick which size would fit your build best.
9/10/2020 10:49am
Thanks again! Helps a lot, specially when the price is as stiff as it is. Ill try one on before i buy it. And yeah the fact that it is very slim and not bulky under the jersey means a lot. At least I can look good out on the track, hahah.

Post a reply to: Thoughts on Alpinestars Sequence chest protector?

The Latest