Thoughts on 2007 KX250 smoker

captmoto
12/18/2018 8:22am
BobPA wrote:
Guys who ride CR 125’s used to argue this same point....But, even after thousands of dollars and countless hours of tuning, their Honda 125’s would be...
Guys who ride CR 125’s used to argue this same point....But, even after thousands of dollars and countless hours of tuning, their Honda 125’s would be as fast as a stock YZ...
Except that the CRs aren't down on power, just it's delivery. I ran a PC pipe, gearing and 50/50 race/pump gas and a Keihin carb and fixed the power delivery. The gas mix was because of the shitty pump gas in California. The CRs are really good handling bikes in stock trim. Revalve and respring if you really feel the need.
Markopolo400
12/18/2018 8:44am
Active-Ride shortened the shock on my 2006 internally, I love that bike.
12/20/2018 5:14pm
Longer (lower) link to help the back ends high stance. I have an 05 which doesn't have the same problem but putting it on my bike...
Longer (lower) link to help the back ends high stance. I have an 05 which doesn't have the same problem but putting it on my bike still helped. I also prefer an off-road pipe for more bottom end response. It has a strong hit but sometimes falls flat trying to get it there. Extra bottom helps lug it before cracking the throttle wide open. The bike rides better with a rear weighted riding style. It's very stable in high speed chop but likes to be steered with the rear, at least for me. I can't get the front end to bite to save my life and that may have something to do with the front forks. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*note - I do strip out shifters like crazy though. Steel, aluminum, billet, doesn't matter. After every weekend of riding I have to tighten the shifter and eventually it stretches out, there's no room left and the splines strip. Could just be the shaft teeth being worn out or riding style but I've never had this problem on any other bike.

Mine has been a solid bike. I've owned it for 7 years now and besides the occasional top end and replacing parts I break it's still going strong. It also takes parts from 03-18 for a lot of stuff. Most 4 stroke stuff, while maybe different, bolts right on.

Sweet bike. What the hell is that blue thing above your ignition cover though?
12/20/2018 5:44pm
Lot of good looking 05-07 kx250 2 bangers on here...i felt like I was the only one who rides one anymore. It's good to know I'm not alone hahaha. If the deal is right on the bike I say absolutely go for it. I love my 07 kx250. Bought it new in 07 and it's remained a solid bike for woods and moto. I dont think I'll ever get rid of it. Pc exhaust system, a v-force reed cage (kinda wish I went rad valve but the moto-t is still solid), 50/50 race gas concoction (93 pump and vp110), and some small jetting tweaks and the thing screws. With the exception that stuff and some eye candy the bike is all stock. Their is some truth to the suspension though, more so in the forks. It is revalved for me by FC and that definitely helped but it seems too raked out and has a "chatty" feeling if that makes sense. I'm pumped I saw that post on the 250F 450 front end conversion though, that's something I want to do for sure now, thank you to the person who posted that.

The Shop

12/20/2018 6:04pm
Forgot to ask you KX guys out there. I'm assuming you all saw the sick 250f 125 combo bike that the French PC mechanic was doing up...has anyone done that on an 05-07 KX250? Someone was selling the kit on eBay a while ago but he said it would only work up to an 04 KX250 so I didn't pull the trigger. There are some differences from 04 to 05 but most of the part numbers were the same. Just figured I'd ask since I may revisit that project down the road. Numerous sources/articles said PC was going to be offering this kit to the public but I never saw it available. Even when I called pc to inquire they didn't seem to know much about it. Thanks to anyone who has any info/experience on this.

Soooooo trick.
BobPA
12/20/2018 6:29pm Edited Date/Time 12/20/2018 6:29pm
BobPA wrote:
Guys who ride CR 125’s used to argue this same point....But, even after thousands of dollars and countless hours of tuning, their Honda 125’s would be...
Guys who ride CR 125’s used to argue this same point....But, even after thousands of dollars and countless hours of tuning, their Honda 125’s would be as fast as a stock YZ...
captmoto wrote:
Except that the CRs aren't down on power, just it's delivery. I ran a PC pipe, gearing and 50/50 race/pump gas and a Keihin carb and...
Except that the CRs aren't down on power, just it's delivery. I ran a PC pipe, gearing and 50/50 race/pump gas and a Keihin carb and fixed the power delivery. The gas mix was because of the shitty pump gas in California. The CRs are really good handling bikes in stock trim. Revalve and respring if you really feel the need.
CR125's are most definitely down on power...It was not just a delivery problem. No arguments against the handling though. They are, IMO, some of the best handling bikes ever.

Post a reply to: Thoughts on 2007 KX250 smoker

The Latest