Thoughts and support for Cade Clason

R.EX
Edited Date/Time 12/4/2018 12:03pm
Cade Clason was involved in a pretty serious incident involving a flagger tonight at the arenacross in Chilliwack BC. There was some horrible rumors going around at the track, but the latest from promoter is that both are in hospital, with the flagger still in ICU.

I met Cade yesterday for the first time yesterday. He's a great guy, and made a new fan. Please keep both him and the flagger in your thoughts.
|
rob162
12/1/2018 8:53pm
Super cool guy met him and talked with him quite a bit when i stayed at club mx for 2 weeks this spring. Wish him the best.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
12/1/2018 9:01pm
Ugh. Hoping the best for both.
NorCal 50+
12/1/2018 9:28pm
Crap- hate to hear that. Hope he ends up okay.
jbrown15
12/1/2018 9:43pm Edited Date/Time 12/1/2018 10:10pm
R.EX wrote:
Cade Clason was involved in a pretty serious incident involving a flagger tonight at the arenacross in Chilliwack BC. There was some horrible rumors going around...
Cade Clason was involved in a pretty serious incident involving a flagger tonight at the arenacross in Chilliwack BC. There was some horrible rumors going around at the track, but the latest from promoter is that both are in hospital, with the flagger still in ICU.

I met Cade yesterday for the first time yesterday. He's a great guy, and made a new fan. Please keep both him and the flagger in your thoughts.
The early rumors were incorrect and it was crazy to hear how fast it spread.

This weekend was the first time I met Cade and he was fantastic with the kids this weekend teaching the three mornings schools on both Friday and Saturday. He was extremely shaken up by the incident and concerned for the flagger, I hope he heals up fast such a great guy.

The Shop

JeepnMike
12/1/2018 10:08pm
I was hoping Cade would be able to return to SX this year. He was my favorite privateer to cheer on by miles. I believe there was a WADA paperwork issue that kept him out last year, I hoped that would be sorted for him to race this year.

Please keep us posted for how they are all doing.
mx617
12/1/2018 10:51pm
Whatever happened must have been bad, they cancelled the nights racing. Sounds like the flagger came out on the short end. Hope she's ok.

12/2/2018 2:27pm Edited Date/Time 12/2/2018 2:30pm
never seen a race canceled from someone getting hurt.
moscrop940
12/2/2018 2:47pm
I can remember world mini 02-03 there was an EMT staff that had no fucking clue what was happening.

A rider went down between two table tops, yellow flags were waving but riders were obviously still moving at a good pace. I don’t know if the EMT’s thought the yellow flag meant the racing was stopped, but two EMTs walked right onto the track without looking pushing a stretcher and just got absolutely clobbered.

Some accidents are unavoidable, and I’m not saying this flagger did anything wrong, but man one of these times the press release isn’t gonna say “the flagger is in stable condition”....it’s gonna be an “in memory of”
R.EX
12/2/2018 4:21pm
Cade was able to limp out of the hospital today with no broken bones, but a lot of stitches on his leg. I believe he had a lacerated femoral artery.
jbrown15
12/2/2018 4:57pm
The police shut it down to do an investigation.
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
12/2/2018 4:59pm
R.EX wrote:
Cade was able to limp out of the hospital today with no broken bones, but a lot of stitches on his leg. I believe he had...
Cade was able to limp out of the hospital today with no broken bones, but a lot of stitches on his leg. I believe he had a lacerated femoral artery.
That's scary shit right there. Glad he's doing ok.
Hope the flagger is doing better??
12/2/2018 7:09pm
jbrown15 wrote:
How do police get involved? We unfortunately had a guy pass away a couple of years back, and police didn't get involved.
jbrown15
12/2/2018 7:32pm
The flagger is going to be ok, couple fractures, broken ribs and suffered a punctured lung. She will be in bed for a few days and she'll be wearing a brace for six weeks but she should make a full recovery.
Monk
12/2/2018 7:33pm
jbrown15 wrote:
How do police get involved? We unfortunately had a guy pass away a couple of years back, and police didn't get involved.
I'm sure in a extreme case like this, anything is possible...
jbrown15
12/2/2018 7:34pm
jbrown15 wrote:
I'm sure due to the severity of the crash when the call was placed to 911 they sent Fire, ambulance and police.I think it would be considered a work accident because she was working so Work Safe I think does an investigation along with the police.
12/2/2018 7:38pm
jbrown15 wrote:
jbrown15 wrote:
I'm sure due to the severity of the crash when the call was placed to 911 they sent Fire, ambulance and police.I think it would be...
I'm sure due to the severity of the crash when the call was placed to 911 they sent Fire, ambulance and police.I think it would be considered a work accident because she was working so Work Safe I think does an investigation along with the police.
I never thought of that, just another reason to keep my track private. I really hope everyone is ok at the end. Prays go out to the family
mxb2
12/2/2018 7:39pm
jbrown15 wrote:
jbrown15 wrote:
I'm sure due to the severity of the crash when the call was placed to 911 they sent Fire, ambulance and police.I think it would be...
Civil.suit if anything. Police only get involved with criminal matters.
tkimb
12/2/2018 7:58pm Edited Date/Time 12/2/2018 8:07pm
jbrown15 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
I find it depends who shows up, and maybe what specific words are used when placing the call.

I was at a track once where there was a crash (not too serious) but the 911 dispatcher asked if the person was "thrown" from the vehicle, they just said yes thinking close enough. By the end of it there were 5+ cruisers at the track, they wanted to interview everyone who was in the race, the rider who fell got ran over so they were looking at investigating it as a hit and run and said the races don't continue today until we're done our investigation.

We were talking to the officers laughing at what they were saying (they were actually pretty laid back other than whoever must have been in charge to order all this)
mxb2
12/2/2018 8:03pm
jbrown15 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
tkimb wrote:
I find it depends who shows up, and maybe what specific words are used when placing the call. I was at a track once where there...
I find it depends who shows up, and maybe what specific words are used when placing the call.

I was at a track once where there was a crash (not too serious) but the 911 dispatcher asked if the person was "thrown" from the vehicle, they just said yes thinking close enough. By the end of it there were 5+ cruisers at the track, they wanted to interview everyone who was in the race, the rider who fell got ran over so they were looking at investigating it as a hit and run and said the races don't continue today until we're done our investigation.

We were talking to the officers laughing at what they were saying (they were actually pretty laid back other than whoever must have been in charge to order all this)
X2, some police are dispatched with the ems crew.
12/2/2018 11:49pm
jbrown15 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
I'm fairly sure it's a criminal matter if you get injured at work as a result of your employers negligence. The police are probably investigating if proper safety measures had been put in place to protect the flaggers by whoever runs the track.
12/3/2018 5:08am
The health care costs are shared in Canada right? Maybe they hold others more accountable when it comes from everyone's pocket?
mxb2
12/3/2018 6:26am
jbrown15 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
I'm fairly sure it's a criminal matter if you get injured at work as a result of your employers negligence. The police are probably investigating if...
I'm fairly sure it's a criminal matter if you get injured at work as a result of your employers negligence. The police are probably investigating if proper safety measures had been put in place to protect the flaggers by whoever runs the track.
Workmans comp case, and maybe a civil.suit. police have nothing to do with workplaces, unless foul play is involved. Not faulty equipment, work area etc. And police have no idea on mx track.regulation stuff.
12/3/2018 6:39am
526 wrote:
The health care costs are shared in Canada right? Maybe they hold others more accountable when it comes from everyone's pocket?
No, it’s free. No accountability.

Investigating a hit and run incident....meh? It was an organized professional arenacross race.....? I’m confused here.
tkimb
12/3/2018 9:55am

Investigating a hit and run incident....meh? It was an organized professional arenacross race.....? I’m confused here.
I don't think that's the case here, that was just what I thought an "extreme" example is that can happen that I witnessed. I'm sure this was much more related to being injured at work.
tek14
12/3/2018 10:07am
Great to hear both will be ok. Can anyone tell now what happened?
12/3/2018 11:49am
526 wrote:

Nothing is Free ........
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
12/3/2018 12:20pm
mxb2 wrote:
Workmans comp case, and maybe a civil.suit. police have nothing to do with workplaces, unless foul play is involved. Not faulty equipment, work area etc. And...
Workmans comp case, and maybe a civil.suit. police have nothing to do with workplaces, unless foul play is involved. Not faulty equipment, work area etc. And police have no idea on mx track.regulation stuff.
different countries different laws, here in NZ the police can take over any serious injury, or death scene, and worksafe (a government department) has a lot of authority over places of work, which can include sports events,

i have been a 2 street races in the last couple of years where there have been deaths here, one the track got repoened at 2pm giving us 2 hours more racing before they had to start pulling the track down, the other where the racing was done for they day,
XC706
Fantasy
799th
12/4/2018 12:03pm
tek14 wrote:
Great to hear both will be ok. Can anyone tell now what happened?
From DMX site.
"Pro riders were out on the track for their practice when a flagger crossed the track and was hit by #9 Cade Clason.

It was in one of the faster sections of the track and both the flagger and Cade were sent to the ground hard. I spoke with Cade Sunday afternoon and you could really tell he was shaken up.

Cade said that he ended up with his hand in his front wheel and managed to get it out as he landed on top of his bike. The result was a horrible gash in his femur that began pouring blood at an alarming rate. Of course, the concern is the femoral artery that will see a person bleed out very quickly, so getting that attended to was the medics’ first and foremost concern for Cade. His leg was badly swollen, too, so they had the added concern that perhaps his femur was affected.

The flagger was down and unresponsive, at first. Taking a hit from a speeding bike when you’re not expecting it has got to be bad!

She was taken in an ambulance to where a helicopter was to pick her up to speed her to the hospital. When the ambulance then left the landing site and drove away, the worst was feared, but was not the case."

Post a reply to: Thoughts and support for Cade Clason

The Latest