Create New Tag

1/8/2021 1:02 PM

I think the material is aluminum. Am I in trouble?Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

1/8/2021 3:06 PM

Does that plug go down further than the stock plug? I would pull,clutch cover & inspect....

|

1/8/2021 3:11 PM

I guess it does. I didn’t think to compare when I installed it. I have since put the stock plug back in. How likely is it that those shavings got into other parts of the motor? Thanks for any input

|

1/8/2021 3:27 PM

What brand of cap and on what bike?

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

1/8/2021 3:31 PM

Thoughts? Don't buy chicomm crap.

|

1/8/2021 3:38 PM

Inspect your clutch basket for similar damage. Definitely drain your oil and change the filter. You'll probably be fine, but inspect the oil for residue. If you see any large chunks of aluminum (like glitter) in the oil, flush the oil sump with cheap oil a few times. I think it's good that you went back to the stock plug.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

1/8/2021 5:18 PM

Sand off .02” or so so it doesnt hit.

|

1/8/2021 6:37 PM

Be interested in seeing the basket. On your first picture, on the left side there is a deeper pocket?? I would expect the end of the plug to have a more "machined" even damage....if that makes any sense. Even taking into account the basket is round.

|

2 Stroke, Drum Brakes, Finned Cylinders!!!

1/8/2021 7:25 PM

ctbale wrote:

Be interested in seeing the basket. On your first picture, on the left side there is a deeper pocket?? I would expect the end ...more

Found that odd as well. I would pull the clutch down and inspect it all. Basket nut back off or bad bearing???

|

1/10/2021 7:53 AM

Not the exact same but similar situation. I had a bunch of those little clips that come with the Rekluse clutch break and fall in. I wasnt going to take the motor apart so i changed the oil, and stuck a magnet reach thing up from the drain hole and got what I could then flushed the thing out like 20 times with mineral spirits. Everything came out. About a year later and all is good

|

1/10/2021 8:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2021 8:12 AM

I think you are fine and your investigation will show this to be true. Minor deal but either shorten that plug or throw it away! I know this feeling but you’re good

|

1/10/2021 12:15 PM

Most aftermarket stuff sucks. So many times stuff doesn't fit properly.... with a few exceptions

|

1/10/2021 12:17 PM

Those metal pieces went somewhere!

|