Thought you guys might want to see a badass snowbike

ZOBITO
2/12/2021 9:15pm
ZOBITO wrote:
Don't know a thing about this kind of riding and was wondering how you know where to go and what's under the snow? Trees, huge rocks...
Don't know a thing about this kind of riding and was wondering how you know where to go and what's under the snow? Trees, huge rocks, chasms?
str8line wrote:

Experience. Being a powder skier or boarder helps.
That's about what I would have guessed. Pretty dangerous, then, no?
Sully
2/12/2021 9:15pm
How much extra stress does the track put on the engine?
str8line
2/12/2021 9:29pm
ZOBITO wrote:
That's about what I would have guessed. Pretty dangerous, then, no?

Yeah, it's pretty dangerous. Not just avalanches since you pay close attention to the avy report all season long... but low snowpack, trees, rocks, cliffs, holes, changing snow conditions. You cover so much terrain and a lot of it rolls over out of sight. Gotta really watch for getting impailed when you're in the trees. Then when avy conditions are good big mountain knowledge is key to drop lines. If you push it hard you will get smacked down.

The Shop

dtl210
2/13/2021 6:25am
Sully wrote:
The engine gets worked for sure, however as long as you maintain proper temps and keep water out they dont seem to mind it. Dirt and heat do more damage than snow.
Harv379
Fantasy
2029th
2/13/2021 10:30am
Sully wrote:
dtl210 wrote:
The engine gets worked for sure, however as long as you maintain proper temps and keep water out they dont seem to mind it. Dirt and...
The engine gets worked for sure, however as long as you maintain proper temps and keep water out they dont seem to mind it. Dirt and heat do more damage than snow.
I would assume turning that track in deep snow takes way more energy to turn than a dirt bike tire being ridden to the max on dirt. Being completely ignorant on it, I would imagine crank/piston/bearings everything would get worn out 2-3x as fast. I've seen them ripping around up AF while fat biking, looks like tons of fun!

Post a reply to: Thought you guys might want to see a badass snowbike

The Latest