Thought you guys might want to see a badass snowbike

Related:
Create New Tag

2/12/2021 4:59 PM

dtl210 wrote:

Here is my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8cbXgSht4A_tdJo2UZmDSg

Also a shameless plug for my insta: ...more

I clicked on the trestle creek vid and thought for sure you had wrecked within the first 10 seconds haha. Exactly what I was looking for though, looks sweet!

|

2/12/2021 5:01 PM

dtl210 wrote:

Well shit, come to find out I know this guy.

Not all Vitards are squids cause I can vouch for the skills this guy has 🤣

|

2/12/2021 8:26 PM

ZOBITO wrote:

Don't know a thing about this kind of riding and was wondering how you know where to go and what's under the snow? Trees, huge ...more

Experience. Being a powder skier or boarder helps.
|

2/12/2021 8:34 PM

dtl210 wrote:

Damn, git some!
|

2/12/2021 9:14 PM

ZOBITO wrote:

Don't know a thing about this kind of riding and was wondering how you know where to go and what's under the snow? Trees, huge ...more

nickm wrote:

There is an endless network of snowmobile trails up here, when I say endless I mean you can literally go across the entire ...more

Was wondering because I mostly see pictures or movies of snowbikes off-trails...

|

2/12/2021 9:15 PM

ZOBITO wrote:

str8line wrote:
Experience. Being a powder skier or boarder helps.

That's about what I would have guessed. Pretty dangerous, then, no?

|

2/12/2021 9:15 PM

How much extra stress does the track put on the engine?

|

2/12/2021 9:29 PM

ZOBITO wrote:

That's about what I would have guessed. Pretty dangerous, then, no?

Yeah, it's pretty dangerous. Not just avalanches since you pay close attention to the avy report all season long... but low snowpack, trees, rocks, cliffs, holes, changing snow conditions. You cover so much terrain and a lot of it rolls over out of sight. Gotta really watch for getting impailed when you're in the trees. Then when avy conditions are good big mountain knowledge is key to drop lines. If you push it hard you will get smacked down.
|

2/12/2021 9:35 PM

Nice bike. I cry for that clutch though.

|

2/13/2021 6:25 AM

Sully wrote:

The engine gets worked for sure, however as long as you maintain proper temps and keep water out they dont seem to mind it. Dirt and heat do more damage than snow.

|

2/13/2021 10:30 AM

Sully wrote:

dtl210 wrote:

The engine gets worked for sure, however as long as you maintain proper temps and keep water out they dont seem to mind it. ...more

I would assume turning that track in deep snow takes way more energy to turn than a dirt bike tire being ridden to the max on dirt. Being completely ignorant on it, I would imagine crank/piston/bearings everything would get worn out 2-3x as fast. I've seen them ripping around up AF while fat biking, looks like tons of fun!

|