Photo
Photo

|

2/11/2021 9:19 AM

Photo
|

2/11/2021 10:03 AM

Yeah, that is a pretty bad ass machine.

Just curious, what do you think he's got in that all told? $20k+ ??

|

2/11/2021 10:08 AM

str8line wrote:

My buddy's bike:

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

Very nice. I've ridden one a couple of times in the UP of Michigan. I liked it but I like my sleds more and I can't afford both lol smile

|

2/11/2021 10:16 AM

LungButter wrote:

About $25K into that one.

|

2/11/2021 10:33 AM

LungButter wrote:

str8line wrote:

Was gonna say $25000 build, that is Turbo Summit pricing........We were a Timbersled dealer for a bunch of years, but the pricing to build a proper set up kinda killed it. Anyhow, I would love shred that thing, beautiful build.

|

2/11/2021 11:11 AM

LungButter wrote:

str8line wrote:

three9zero wrote:

Was gonna say $25000 build, that is Turbo Summit pricing........We were a Timbersled dealer for a bunch of years, but the ...more

Yeah, they are expensive all dolled up and new but several of my buddies have about $10K into their used setups and they work perfect. My friend with a 2016 TS Mountain Horse track kills it.
|

2/11/2021 1:06 PM

We had a 2019 CRF450Rx with a 137 kit and all the right stuff to make it run correctly. Lots of fun.
I'm riding a 2021 Summit Expert 175 Turbo this winter, it is insanity. Photo

|

2/11/2021 2:14 PM

str8line wrote:
Yeah, they are expensive all dolled up and new but several of my buddies have about $10K into their used setups and they work ...more

I picked up my current steed (used KTM 500) with a plan of ripping it on the dirt for now and eventually turn it in to a snowbike down the road.

I know lots of guys who have bought used 450s and converted them for $10k or less too.

Seems to me if you like the snowbike thing it is only a matter of time before you get a dedicated bike for it. You can lose lots of riding time on either snow or dirt if you play the game of switching them over.

|

2/11/2021 4:09 PM

LungButter wrote:

str8line wrote:

Is that $25k just for the conversion, or does that include the cost of the bike, too?

|

2/11/2021 5:32 PM

LungButter wrote:

str8line wrote:

Sully wrote:

Is that $25k just for the conversion, or does that include the cost of the bike, too?

$ 11000 for a new 450, $ 8000 for a track kit, add another $ 4000 for ecu, heated grip set up, suspension, thermobob, lights, engine covers, levers, pegs, gas can, skid plate, tunnel bag.
We refer our customers to these guys for the ultimate build/set up.
https://c3powersports.com/

|

2/11/2021 5:54 PM

Give us a picture of the snowbike not sitting in the truck. A nice portrait with a scenic background.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

2/11/2021 6:18 PM

Reese95w wrote:

Give us a picture of the snowbike not sitting in the truck. A nice portrait with a scenic background.

This was today but I'll snap a glamour shot this weekend.

Photo
|

2/11/2021 6:35 PM

Reese95w wrote:

str8line wrote:
This was today but I'll snap a glamour shot this weekend.

Photo

Looks like a awesome way to spend the day !

|

2/11/2021 6:45 PM

Reese95w wrote:

Same guy, different bike:

Photo
|

2/11/2021 10:40 PM

That thing looks awesome!!! I bet it’s a blast to ride.

|

2/12/2021 4:26 AM

What is all that white stuff your riding through?

|

2/12/2021 5:50 AM

Ingjr1 wrote:

What is all that white stuff your riding through?

Angel shit.
|

2/12/2021 7:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/12/2021 7:05 AM

I rode a HONDA CRF YETI Freeride similar setup like the one OP posted. It was awesome.

I rented from https://www.vailextremerentals.com/timbersleds/

They are a ton of fun. So I just rent once or twice a winter to minimize my exposure to the dangers of the backcountry. That said, they are amazing! You can boon dock and side hill so easy on them. Snowmobiles have a ton more power though to go straight up a hill, Snow bike you have to zig zag your way up.

But I literally have a fear/phobia of avalanches of being trapped in wet cement and I like to ride the more moderate to extreme terrain. Avalanche avoidance training which I highly recommend a free basic class before you do any backcountry if your a newb. Going with someone experienced doesn't mean you will be safe or they are avalanche aware.

|

2/12/2021 7:27 AM

Sweet set-up. Here's my snowscooter for this winter.

Photo

|

2/12/2021 8:07 AM

What's a snowbike like that doing up at Snowbird? Sucks we cannot ride in that canyon sad

|

2/12/2021 8:25 AM

newmason wrote:

What's a snowbike like that doing up at Snowbird? Sucks we cannot ride in that canyon sad

smile Was a double-up day. Snowbiking then skiing. Sometimes skiing then snowbiking. Not in LCC of course. laughing
|

2/12/2021 11:32 AM

Photo
snowbiking is fun but dangerous. Local dude just perished Monday in an avy at the same spot I was going riding
|

2/12/2021 1:23 PM

Don't know a thing about this kind of riding and was wondering how you know where to go and what's under the snow? Trees, huge rocks, chasms?

|

2/12/2021 3:10 PM

What's all that white shit?

|

Make sure you downvote!

2/12/2021 3:13 PM

ZOBITO wrote:

Don't know a thing about this kind of riding and was wondering how you know where to go and what's under the snow? Trees, huge ...more

There is an endless network of snowmobile trails up here, when I say endless I mean you can literally go across the entire country if you really wanted to. trails are groomed and maintained by a network of snowmobile clubs. Mountain riding pictured here is even more fun and most of the powder out there is several feet deep.

As much as I like snobikes, for less money you can get an >200 HP Yamaha sidewinder or a SkiDoo 2 stroke twin 850 and be way faster and more comfortable. For me the skidoo 850 is it..2 stroke smell and acceleration!

|

2/12/2021 3:20 PM

ZOBITO wrote:

Don't know a thing about this kind of riding and was wondering how you know where to go and what's under the snow? Trees, huge ...more

nickm wrote:

There is an endless network of snowmobile trails up here, when I say endless I mean you can literally go across the entire ...more

Hell yeah, my Summit 850 turbo is the most fun I've had burning fuel.

|

2/12/2021 4:37 PM

ZOBITO wrote:

We generally wait until there is 5' + of snow for a base. Then it's game on, anywhere you can imagine you can go. I spend lots of time studying terrain in google earth, steepness, tree spacing, etc. Then plan a ride accordingly. There is nothing else that I've found that comes close, often times we're 10+ miles from the nearest road or trail. Some days we're in the deepest darkest drainage that you can imagine, other times we're riding ridge lines from peak to peak.

One recent ride we hit 9 mountain lakes in a 30 mile loop - no roads or trails at all.

|

2/12/2021 4:49 PM

Anyone got any cool GoPro vids of this stuff? Out of the question where I live but it looks like a blast.

|

2/12/2021 4:52 PM

Yammyam wrote:

Anyone got any cool GoPro vids of this stuff? Out of the question where I live but it looks like a blast.

Here is my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8cbXgSht4A_tdJo2UZmDSg

Also a shameless plug for my insta: https://www.instagram.com/dteal210/

|