Those who hate miller motorsports park get thier wish. Be careful what ya wish for!

Cygnus
Edited Date/Time 8/19/2015 6:47am
|
MotoMalyDad
8/18/2015 9:35am Edited Date/Time 8/18/2015 9:36am
Chinese motorcycle pics in 3...2...1 Such a shame as the developer was a higher bid and had huge plans for the place..
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
8/18/2015 9:39am
prob gonna end up lookin like this....

I hear there are 2 other mx tracks near by that might hold a nat one day....
Titan1
8/18/2015 9:42am
So the Chinese are going to put a manufacturing plant there? So We build our cheap crap there, and they start building their cheap crap here? LOL

The Shop

Zracer
8/18/2015 10:09am
At least they found a better use for the land. Flat land is a good spot for a factory.
moto0852
8/18/2015 10:14am
Cygnus wrote:
dboivin wrote:
kinda old news that it was done. only thing new is who the buyer is. it was closed down in the spring with only doing the...
kinda old news that it was done. only thing new is who the buyer is. it was closed down in the spring with only doing the national to fill contractual obligations with the national.
Not old news. The facility did not close down. They have been running events every week out there. (They were running a super moto event at the same time as the national and have car races this week).

Also, as Weege said on Pulp this week. It was never a given the national was gone...but now it may seem so.
Olson
8/18/2015 12:09pm
Creating jobs is a good thing, right?
elementmx
8/18/2015 12:15pm
still doesnt change the fact that the track was atrocious. i can hardly stand to watch them ride that moon surface on tv, cant imagine actually having to race it.
gharmon
8/18/2015 12:23pm
Then don't watch it. IT was the same track for everyone and they all raced it well. These things are called races for a reason.. The type of track doesn't matter. The all lined up together and raced.
JM485
8/18/2015 12:28pm
Zracer wrote:
At least they found a better use for the land. Flat land is a good spot for a factory.
Yep, because it's always great when we lose a race track in the states, I'm sure those who live near there would agree. Especially considering how killer of a facility that was, why would we ever want a cool place like that to exist?Dry

huck
8/18/2015 12:47pm
I have thought it was pretty cool that it seems like the state of Utah has sponsored the whole MX series. I don't see any ads for other states at other events....
Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3120th
8/18/2015 12:51pm
Refusing to believe it until official. I've heard too many other things, that chinese company buying it would make absolutely no sense.

Motocross aside - that park / road racing track is f*cking badass, I grew up 100% pro-motocross, but that facility converted much of my interest to superbike racing, there's nothing quite like it, especially on such an awesome track.

For those hating on the motocross track, it's unlikely that's continuing regardless - but don't shit on a super badass facility that's been introducing tons of people to an alternative form of motorcycle racing. Let's hope it stays.
peelout
8/18/2015 1:32pm
Zracer wrote:
this board needs a quad rider's opinion like we need a hole in the head
kkawboy14
8/18/2015 1:32pm
Zracer wrote:
peelout wrote:
Ha Smile
Zracer
8/18/2015 1:40pm
Zracer wrote:
peelout wrote:
A hole in your head would be an improvement
8/18/2015 2:25pm
We wanted a track with some natural features, not a slimy communist cocksucker take over.

8/18/2015 3:28pm
I don't see the connection between not liking the MX track and the facility being sold for redevelopment. I don't like the track but I think it sucks to lose a world class race facility.
rcannon
8/18/2015 6:46pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2015 6:46pm
They say the towns peopel hate the noise, believe it or not. I think any plan that kept it as a racing facility was doomed.

It really sucks, because there is nothing there.
Jack mehoff
8/18/2015 6:51pm
It's a shame when a track that is in the same breath as Sebring ,VIR ,watkins glen ,Laguna , road America ,barber, mid Ohio , COTA , road Atlanta , and lime rock , gets lost to the public
Beast666
8/18/2015 7:10pm
rcannon wrote:
They say the towns peopel hate the noise, believe it or not. I think any plan that kept it as a racing facility was doomed. It...
They say the towns peopel hate the noise, believe it or not. I think any plan that kept it as a racing facility was doomed.

I live about 8 miles from the track and can hear the sounds from the track on my front porch. It does not bother me a bit but i know others that do complain about the noise.

I have a feeling that the Chinese Co that bought it out is Chery https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chery as they have been wanting to break into the US market selling cars with there connection to Tata, Jaguar, Land Rover. MMP makes the perfect setting for a US proving ground ./ R+D facility without having to build much there as they have garage facility's track off road areas ample empty land to build upon along with Mitsubishi shutting down there IL plant it gives them a stepping stone into the US market.
mx617
8/18/2015 8:10pm
With all the bitching about the track I was actually surprised how good it was when I watched the motos last night. All things considered I thought they did a pretty good job. Dirt was shite, but the track design itself I thought was decent.
Silas444
8/18/2015 8:28pm
gharmon wrote:
Then don't watch it. IT was the same track for everyone and they all raced it well. These things are called races for a reason.. The...
Then don't watch it. IT was the same track for everyone and they all raced it well. These things are called races for a reason.. The type of track doesn't matter. The all lined up together and raced.
"The type of track doesn't matter" - exactly. Why do we even bother considering the quality of a track in the first place? Those stupid racers should race wherever the hell we tell them to, dammit, even if it's in a parking lot with orange cones for track markers and a fiery hoop like they have lions jump through in the circus. As long as it's "the same track for everyone" - it should be good enough. Who cares about well-groomed, beautiful, hilly, picturesque, historically important tracks like Unadilla and Washougal and Red Bud anyway? No me - I am WAYYYYYY to smart for all that nonsense.
h&m_cycle
8/18/2015 9:05pm
rcannon wrote:
They say the towns peopel hate the noise, believe it or not. I think any plan that kept it as a racing facility was doomed. It...

Tooele County, figured it for a "party county"... sorta like Clarke County in Vegas...
mjskier
8/18/2015 9:28pm
My car racing buddies love the race track. (Several of them went racing last week)
They seem pretty pleased by the news.
It was kind of odd that the facility was built on leased land, when the family owns a bunch of land just across it. Building a road course isn't cheap. Maybe better tax breaks that way?

BTW, this facility could have been in Colorado between Denver and Ft. Collins. But the local folks didn't want a race track around. Bummer.
And even more of a bummer is the fact that VDR (The MX track at the Berthoud exit) just got sold and is now closed.
That thing was only 20mn from my house. Maybe I should pick up golf. Courses everywhere... Nah.
dboivin
8/18/2015 10:05pm
Cygnus wrote:
dboivin wrote:
kinda old news that it was done. only thing new is who the buyer is. it was closed down in the spring with only doing the...
kinda old news that it was done. only thing new is who the buyer is. it was closed down in the spring with only doing the national to fill contractual obligations with the national.
moto0852 wrote:
Not old news. The facility did not close down. They have been running events every week out there. (They were running a super moto event at...
Not old news. The facility did not close down. They have been running events every week out there. (They were running a super moto event at the same time as the national and have car races this week).

Also, as Weege said on Pulp this week. It was never a given the national was gone...but now it may seem so.
ok i guess i knew about it closing/selling months ago for some odd reason...c'mon. i know they still held events but i'm about 99% sure it was already discussed on here or i wouldn't have known about it. someone mentioned it was for sale but they were honoring their commitments for 2015 (as i said in my first post).

Post a reply to: Those who hate miller motorsports park get thier wish. Be careful what ya wish for!

The Latest