Thor Gear - Nada!

Brent
Edited Date/Time 10/15/2021 12:56pm
What the hell is going on with Thor? just about every gear set in their line is out of stock everywhere, and has been for since last summer, unless you are a size 40.

I know that there are shortages everywhere on moto stuff, and sales are surging, but other gear lines have most of their stuff available somewhere - trying to find any Thor pants in 32 has been harder than trying to find toilet paper last March.

I'm used to their stuff and have been wearing it for decades, but if they dont get their shit together soon and get some gear into the US, I'm off the bandwagon.

Parts Unlimited , WTF? Did JT Racing take over your line or something?
|
40acres
4/2/2021 8:26pm
I have some lightly used prime fit from 2018 if you're interested.
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2562nd
4/2/2021 8:31pm
I bought a set of pulse 32 pants and large jersey back in January from a local shop. The pants showed up in a week and the Jersey took close to two months. Ordered through Parts Unlimited. A local shop should be able to give you an approximate lead time on PU backorders.

For what its worth, these pants fit a full size smaller than the 32s I have from Thor from 2014ish.
4/2/2021 8:32pm
Brent wrote:
What the hell is going on with Thor? just about every gear set in their line is out of stock everywhere, and has been for since...
What the hell is going on with Thor? just about every gear set in their line is out of stock everywhere, and has been for since last summer, unless you are a size 40.

I know that there are shortages everywhere on moto stuff, and sales are surging, but other gear lines have most of their stuff available somewhere - trying to find any Thor pants in 32 has been harder than trying to find toilet paper last March.

I'm used to their stuff and have been wearing it for decades, but if they dont get their shit together soon and get some gear into the US, I'm off the bandwagon.

BobPA
4/2/2021 8:44pm
Brent wrote:
What the hell is going on with Thor? just about every gear set in their line is out of stock everywhere, and has been for since...

What colors are you looking for? I can check the Parts Unlimited site for you.

The Shop

Xeno
4/2/2021 8:50pm
I was told 2 or 3 different gear brands all shipped from the same overseas factory and are sitting in containers.
Leeham
Fantasy
3088th
4/2/2021 11:04pm
I managed to find an ebay seller with the size 34 pants I wanted and ordered immediately. I would run 30s but with knee braces its better 2 sizes up. The recent Thor kits look absolutely sick.
ZOBITO
4/2/2021 11:31pm
For half a second, I thought Thor was stepping into tennis.
Laughing

4/3/2021 3:48am
Gear is gear. If you can’t find Thor, go buy Fox, Fly, TLD, etc. instead. It’s all made in the same factory in China, anyway. There’s no way you’re going to convince me that there is something so technically superior about Thor gear to make it worth waiting around for.
Blackie59
4/3/2021 6:21am
Yep. Just get what's on sale and available. You'll trash it out soon enough or you'll finally get tired of how much it stinks from sweat.
Spooner
4/3/2021 6:34am
We get shipments in and they are sold out in days anymore. We do have more Pulse coming soon though. Prime is almost entirely sold out until the 22 stuff comes out. Certainly port delays aren't helping but I'll just say demand is WAY up not just for us but for every gear brand.
TeamGreen
4/3/2021 9:22am
There’s these REALLY BIG ships with all sorts of stuff from Asia loaded on them. They’re all out in “The Parking Lot” off the coast of So. Los Angeles County and Orange County. If you go surfing at HB you can see them!

I guess that means you can “see” all the Thor gear that your heart desires, but, you just can’t get it...
Yet.
Grinning
Jt$
4/3/2021 1:23pm
It's an industry wide problem for almost everything powersports related, gear included. Good problem to have but still a problem.
4/3/2021 3:04pm
Anyone here think this would be a problem if the gear was manufactured locally?
As JT said it’s a good problem but could it be a double edged sword? Let’s say I’m waiting for my yearly purchase of Wolsports gear and i can’t wait so i go to another brand like Ocelot. Maybe I’m lost as a customer for good?
Brent
4/3/2021 3:11pm
Anyone here think this would be a problem if the gear was manufactured locally? As JT said it’s a good problem but could it be a...
As JT said it’s a good problem but could it be a double edged sword? Let’s say I’m waiting for my yearly purchase of Wolsports gear and i can’t wait so i go to another brand like Ocelot. Maybe I’m lost as a customer for good?
sure gear could be manufactured here.

it would retail for 600.00 a kit, and be way worse quality than it is already.

therein lies the problem with imports.
Brent
4/3/2021 3:16pm
Gear is gear. If you can’t find Thor, go buy Fox, Fly, TLD, etc. instead. It’s all made in the same factory in China, anyway. There’s...
Gear is gear. If you can’t find Thor, go buy Fox, Fly, TLD, etc. instead. It’s all made in the same factory in China, anyway. There’s no way you’re going to convince me that there is something so technically superior about Thor gear to make it worth waiting around for.
two words:

Adjustable Waistband.

Wink
wrc777
Fantasy
587th
4/3/2021 3:27pm
Anyone here think this would be a problem if the gear was manufactured locally? As JT said it’s a good problem but could it be a...
Brent wrote:
sure gear could be manufactured here. it would retail for 600.00 a kit, and be way worse quality than it is already. therein lies the problem...
sure gear could be manufactured here.

it would retail for 600.00 a kit, and be way worse quality than it is already.

therein lies the problem with imports.
And you would still have to get the fabric from overseas.
4/3/2021 5:03pm
Gear is gear. If you can’t find Thor, go buy Fox, Fly, TLD, etc. instead. It’s all made in the same factory in China, anyway. There’s...
Brent wrote:
two words:

Adjustable Waistband.

Wink
Fly pants have the adjustable Velcro waistband. I’m sure JT$ could point you in the right direction on where to get some
hubbardmx50
4/3/2021 5:21pm
I just got a set of the pulse 03 throwback gear and love it. Had a tough time finding the pants but BTO had them. I’d say supply being scarce is the situation with every brand in the industry right now
wrc777
Fantasy
587th
4/3/2021 5:29pm
Brent wrote:
two words:

Adjustable Waistband.

Wink
Fly pants have the adjustable Velcro waistband. I’m sure JT$ could point you in the right direction on where to get some
Fly jersey and pants are relatively easy to find. Gloves are a little worse.
4/6/2021 10:05am
I bought a set of pulse 32 pants and large jersey back in January from a local shop. The pants showed up in a week and...
I bought a set of pulse 32 pants and large jersey back in January from a local shop. The pants showed up in a week and the Jersey took close to two months. Ordered through Parts Unlimited. A local shop should be able to give you an approximate lead time on PU backorders.

For what its worth, these pants fit a full size smaller than the 32s I have from Thor from 2014ish.
You weren't kidding. Just received a Thor size 32 pant and it's a size 30 at most. I have never seen a pant sized so incorrectly. Maybe they are putting the wrong tags on at the factory. Go figure, the 34 size that I need now to fit like a 32 are all out of stock except for a few pair overseas.
DudeImSoRad
Fantasy
2298th
4/6/2021 11:04am
Just think about how cheap gear is going to be, when all 93,284,562 sets hit store shelves one day.
Brent
4/6/2021 12:11pm
I bought a set of pulse 32 pants and large jersey back in January from a local shop. The pants showed up in a week and...

You weren't kidding. Just received a Thor size 32 pant and it's a size 30 at most. I have never seen a pant sized so incorrectly...
You weren't kidding. Just received a Thor size 32 pant and it's a size 30 at most. I have never seen a pant sized so incorrectly. Maybe they are putting the wrong tags on at the factory. Go figure, the 34 size that I need now to fit like a 32 are all out of stock except for a few pair overseas.
The Pulse pants can be undersized for sure, although I have one 2021 white pair that is perfect, and one black pair that is too small, so quality control on sizing isn't consistent.

The Prime Pro stuff is the proper size 32 though.

I heard Thor is restocking the 21 stuff sometime in the middle of this month, and the 2022 gear will be out in August for what its worth...
4/6/2021 12:23pm

You weren't kidding. Just received a Thor size 32 pant and it's a size 30 at most. I have never seen a pant sized so incorrectly...
Brent wrote:
The Pulse pants can be undersized for sure, although I have one 2021 white pair that is perfect, and one black pair that is too small...
The Pulse pants can be undersized for sure, although I have one 2021 white pair that is perfect, and one black pair that is too small, so quality control on sizing isn't consistent.

I heard Thor is restocking the 21 stuff sometime in the middle of this month, and the 2022 gear will be out in August for what its worth...
Well, guess what color and line I have that's way too small?

Brent
4/6/2021 2:35pm
Brent wrote:
The Pulse pants can be undersized for sure, although I have one 2021 white pair that is perfect, and one black pair that is too small...

Well, guess what color and line I have that's way too small? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/04/06/486668/s1200_Thor_Pulse.jpg[/img]

Yup, the red/white/blue/ black pulse pant is about 1” smaller in the waist than the white and blue pant, I measured it.

Thor needs to get their shit together on QC huh?
KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
4/6/2021 5:52pm Edited Date/Time 4/6/2021 11:07pm
For some of the Pulse pants, there’s an inadvertent stitch on the elastic band on each side that can be undone to loosen them up a bit. After removing the stitch I felt a lot better about my waistline 😂

All of my Prime Pro has been perfect on fitment.
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2562nd
4/6/2021 6:58pm
Brent wrote:

Well, guess what color and line I have that's way too small? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/04/06/486668/s1200_Thor_Pulse.jpg[/img]

Same one I got. I’m glad it’s not just me. I was worried I put on a little too much winter fat this off season.
Brent
4/6/2021 7:39pm
Another trick with Thor pants to help them fit better is to cut out the mesh liner.

Most guys wear base compression shorts and or brace socks nowadays so it’s unnecessary to have the shitty cheap mesh liner in there making things more uncomfortable.
Vet57
4/7/2021 3:52am Edited Date/Time 4/7/2021 3:53am
I buy a lot of gear...the sizing has definitely changed, that is being smaller. I've worn the same sz for 40 years and seems the last couple 2/3 years I have to go one size up on everything Fox, Thor, Fasthouse and Shift. The only ones true to size seem to be Fly and Answer.

Post a reply to: Thor Gear - Nada!

The Latest