This won't look good for the sport in Houston

Related:
Create New Tag

1/10/2018 10:13 AM

Photo

|

1/10/2018 10:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2018 10:19 AM

at least he's wearing head protection and repping his sponsors on the sleeve of his hoodie

|

1/10/2018 10:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2018 10:20 AM

|

1/10/2018 10:20 AM

|

1/10/2018 10:24 AM

^ That's really awesome.

|

1/10/2018 10:25 AM

Didn't Hansen give homeless guys food after A1 too

|

1/10/2018 10:27 AM

But guess which story will be on the news

|

1/10/2018 10:36 AM

Racer_Twentynine wrote:

But guess which story will be on the news

Right?

|

1/10/2018 10:43 AM

Don't care and in the words of Metallica...
(And this captures my thoughts on the whole damn subject about the Wheelie-Boy culture in general...)

Outta my way
Outta my day

Out of your mind and into mine
Into no one
Into not one
Into your step but out of time

Headstrong
What's wrong?
I've already heard this song before
You've arrived
But now it's time
To kiss your ass good-bye

Dragging me down
Why you around?
So useless

It ain't my fall
It ain't my call
It ain't my bitch

It ain't my bitch

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

1/10/2018 10:57 AM

But think of the sport! (Add hand-wringing here)...

I'm guessing it won't amount to much more than a fart in the wind as far as the sport goes.

Look at anything in life. Bikers on Harleys? You've got some really good ones, and you've got the 1%ers. Same goes for cops, and people in power. (Think Harvey W.) You could cite plenty more examples of positive and negatives in just about anything. I tend to focus on the positives. Others in here? Not so much.

On the same weekend in Houston, you'll also have all the pro teams and riders at NRG Stadium. I'd think that more than offsets any bike life negatives.

|

1/10/2018 11:00 AM

GuyB wrote:

I'm guessing it won't amount to much more than a fart in the wind as far as the sport goes.

Look at anything in life. Bikers on Harleys? You've got some really good ones, and you've got the 1%ers. Same goes for cops, and people in power. (Think Harvey W.) You could cite plenty more examples of positive and negatives in just about anything. I tend to focus on the positives. Others in here? Not so much.

On the same weekend in Houston, you'll also have all the pro teams and riders at NRG Stadium. I'd think that more than offsets any bike life negatives.

Which do you think the media will focus on, the positive or the negative?...

|

1/10/2018 11:00 AM

GuyB wrote:

Kind of like Vital? 99% are good and 1% bring us down

|

1/10/2018 11:03 AM

Andy_Greenney wrote:

Well, I know where I'll be, and what I'll be focusing on...

|

1/10/2018 11:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2018 11:06 AM

bball35 wrote:

Kind of like Vital? 99% are good and 1% bring us down

Probably not an entirely incorrect comparison...

|

1/10/2018 11:11 AM

GuyB wrote:

Hope you are right and you probably are. I would just hate for their behavior to reflect upon the true mx community and draw scrutiny to those who actually ride in designated areas.

|

1/10/2018 11:14 AM

I wonder if they'll have an ambulance on hand, just in case.

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

1/10/2018 11:15 AM

Racer_Twentynine wrote:

Hope you are right and you probably are. I would just hate for their behavior to reflect upon the true mx community and draw scrutiny to those who actually ride in designated areas.

I think most people can figure out the difference.

I did get one note from a friend in the Houston area that the zone around the stadium may not be the best, and that doing everything prudent to keep their belongings safe is a good idea.

|

1/10/2018 11:15 AM

Well I guess a positive would be if there's a bunch of them there at least we know they're not out "buying" bikes.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1/10/2018 11:17 AM

Pretty damn cool. The Hanny part that is.

|

United States of America

1/10/2018 11:22 AM

GuyB wrote:

Andy_Greenney wrote:

GuyB wrote:

Photo

|

1/10/2018 11:34 AM

I worked Southeast Patrol for 16 years. If you go anywhere near the 3600 block of Alice St., you deserve what you get.

|

1/10/2018 11:45 AM

Andy_Greenney wrote:

GuyB wrote:

TeamGreen wrote: Photo

LOL!!!!!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

1/10/2018 11:46 AM

This is the group that has been stealing motorcycles all over Houston.
They stole 6 motorcycles from our store including one of Vann's practice bikes!

EVERYBODY NEEDS TO BE ON HIGH ALERT ALL WEEKEND!!

|

1/10/2018 11:48 AM

Well, I was obviously focused on sending Grant some photos for Results Sheet at that point...but you get the idea. smile

|

1/10/2018 11:50 AM

GuyB wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

LOL!!!!!

Probably checking where the weelie thing was going down later on.

|

"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

1/10/2018 11:51 AM

just kidding ha ha

|

Blur the technicolor

1/10/2018 11:59 AM

Wonder how many dudes get their bikes stolen this weekend. The thieves in Houston have been ridiculously bold lately. Stealing bikes and posting themselves riding them hours later on social media. I really wanted to ride 3 palms while I was down there but getting my bike stolen isn’t worth it.

|

1/10/2018 12:34 PM

Blow up of the sponsor patch on his sleeve?

Photo

|

I was G before the "moto drive" to Vital

1/10/2018 12:36 PM

They should have Law Enforcement there checking VIN's that day. That oughtta thinnin the heard

|

1/10/2018 12:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2018 12:59 PM

If anyone's around...Gibby and I will be having a Stella or 2 in the Greater Houston Area...

Btw, from now on I'll be referring to him as "Heeeed!"...aka, "Head" as stated in the movie "So I Married an Axe Murderer". Steve's picture will also be found on the now infamous Scottish Wall of Fame.

Scene...

Stuart Mackenzie: Look at the size of that boy's heed.

Tony Giardino: Shhh!

Stuart Mackenzie: I'm not kidding, it's like an orange on a toothpick.

Tony Giardino: Shhh, you're going to give the boy a complex.

Stuart Mackenzie: Well, that's a huge noggin. That's a virtual planetoid.

Tony Giardino: Shh!

Stuart Mackenzie: Has it's own weather system.

Tony Giardino: Sh, sh, shh.

Stuart Mackenzie: HEAD! MOVE!

|