This whole Reed thing is blown out of Proportion

RonJon
Dungey should have parked him and moved on like any other rider would have if a lapper was in his way. It's his own fault. You guys act like reed ruined what was going to be an epic battle. Dungey would not have nor would he ever get aggressive with Eli and make it a good race. At least we have the 250s to enjoy.
|
4/2/2017 11:54am
Dungey shouldn't have to risk his own race to get a lapper out of the way, the lapper should do it themselves. Look at Savatgy, hit a lapper and lost time due to his brake lever being bent down. Or look at Barcia, came together with Ray and they both went down, which wasn't a lapper situation but it does show how you can take yourself out that way too.
Bultaco
4/2/2017 11:54am
And we need n+1 threads to unblow it out of proportion?

I presume the reason RD did not park #22 is: 1. Reed may take that as unwarranted and targeted aggression and want to escalate next week. 2. the inconsistent AMA could have then docked RD some points for unwarranted and targeted aggression.
Sodipop
4/2/2017 11:55am
Ridiculous. There are millions of dollars on the line here and we were about to see the most interesting race in weeks.

He was in 15th place. Come on.
Bidirella
4/2/2017 12:03pm
What a drama, the result would be the same if Reed was not there. What would Dungey do when he was behind Tomac, ride en wait till Tomac went out of the way?

Reed getting way to much hate for this!

The Shop

Hut
4/2/2017 12:04pm
We all got robbed out of watching the red plate follow Tomac around for a few more laps and not make a pass!
RonJon
4/2/2017 12:04pm
Sodipop wrote:
Ridiculous. There are millions of dollars on the line here and we were about to see the most interesting race in weeks. He was in 15th...
Ridiculous. There are millions of dollars on the line here and we were about to see the most interesting race in weeks.

When has Dungey ever had an interesting race? He has to get held up by a lapper to do anything interesting. This season was over at Daytona.
kaptkaos
4/2/2017 12:11pm
Hut wrote:
We all got robbed out of watching the red plate follow Tomac around for a few more laps and not make a pass!
This is true..doesnt make Reed right, but its true.

Question, what is more entertaining, watching Red plate follow Tomac around a few more laps, or the Drama that Reed provided?

Things that make you go hmmmmm....
Hut
4/2/2017 12:35pm
Hut wrote:
kaptkaos wrote:
This is true..doesnt make Reed right, but its true. Question, what is more entertaining, watching Red plate follow Tomac around a few more laps, or the...
This is true..doesnt make Reed right, but its true.

Question, what is more entertaining, watching Red plate follow Tomac around a few more laps, or the Drama that Reed provided?

Things that make you go hmmmmm....
Or watching Marvelous Marvin not go for it
4/2/2017 12:35pm
"This whole Reed thing is blown out of Proportion"

Only here. No one else really cares.
4/2/2017 12:58pm
Hut wrote:
This
agn5009
4/2/2017 1:00pm
RonJon wrote:
Dungey should have parked him and moved on like any other rider would have if a lapper was in his way. It's his own fault. You...
Dungey should have parked him and moved on like any other rider would have if a lapper was in his way. It's his own fault. You guys act like reed ruined what was going to be an epic battle. Dungey would not have nor would he ever get aggressive with Eli and make it a good race. At least we have the 250s to enjoy.
Dungey reeled him in to 1.4 seconds before the Reed debacle. You honestly don't think it was getting interesting? Do I think he would have passed Tomac? No, I don't unless he forced Tomac into a mistake. But that's completely irrelevant to what happened. Maybe Tomac would have gapped Dungey again, who knows? You don't and I don't either. The fact is, that opportunity was ruined by a 16th place lapper seeking retaliation. Those are the only facts we have that are relevant to this situation.
4/2/2017 1:10pm
RonJon wrote:
Dungey should have parked him and moved on like any other rider would have if a lapper was in his way. It's his own fault. You...
agn5009 wrote:
Dungey reeled him in to 1.4 seconds before the Reed debacle. You honestly don't think it was getting interesting? Do I think he would have passed...
Dungey reeled him in to 1.4 seconds before the Reed debacle. You honestly don't think it was getting interesting? Do I think he would have passed Tomac? No, I don't unless he forced Tomac into a mistake. But that's completely irrelevant to what happened. Maybe Tomac would have gapped Dungey again, who knows? You don't and I don't either. The fact is, that opportunity was ruined by a 16th place lapper seeking retaliation. Those are the only facts we have that are relevant to this situation.
Unfortunately, traffic has to be contended with, be it the leaders or lappers. So with no traffic and obliging lappers, RD cut the gap. Some riders are hard to pass. If you truly have the measure of someone in front of you, put your skills to work, and make a move. Don't wait for something to be handed to you. Reed psyched that kid out.
4/2/2017 1:41pm
I agree with the fact that Dungey probably wouldn't have passed Tomac, I mean he didn't force the issue on a guy in 16th place so I don't see much hope in him making the pass on Eli. But all that said Reed should not have done what he did, and I think some sort of penalty is in order. According to the rulebook he should have been black flagged and I can't understand why they didn't. Sometimes lappers get in the way unintentionally but this was clearly intentional. Just poor sportsmanship on Reed's part IMO, but then again the guy's always been this way just don't hear from him when he's outside the top ten.
reynardfan1
Fantasy
3669th
4/2/2017 1:48pm
Hut wrote:
If you know the result then why do we race? Anything could have happened but didn't cause of Chad 'roadblock' Reed
Zycki11
4/2/2017 1:55pm
Hut wrote:
If you know the result then why do we race? Anything could have happened but didn't cause of Chad 'roadblock' Reed
Ahhh nothing like a new vital catchphrase bandwagon member. Did you hear? Roadblock Reed is the new catch me outside phrase. How bout dat?
Hut
4/2/2017 1:58pm
Hut wrote:
If he didn't have the ability to pass the 16th place lapper what do you suppose the odds are he was going to pass the Tomac? Laughing
eb313
4/2/2017 2:15pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2017 2:16pm
Sodipop wrote:
Ridiculous. There are millions of dollars on the line here and we were about to see the most interesting race in weeks. He was in 15th...

RonJon wrote:
When has Dungey ever had an interesting race? He has to get held up by a lapper to do anything interesting. This season was over at...
When has Dungey ever had an interesting race? He has to get held up by a lapper to do anything interesting. This season was over at Daytona.
MotoX85
4/2/2017 2:27pm
It is, because I was at the race and Tomac blew by Dungey on the first lap and checked out. Dungey was not going to catch Tomac whether Reed was on the track or not. The only time Dungey made up any time was when Tomac came upon a lapper and then he'd gap Dungey again.

This Reed crap is a mute point.
TeamGreen
4/2/2017 2:52pm
MotoX85 wrote:
It is, because I was at the race and Tomac blew by Dungey on the first lap and checked out. Dungey was not going to catch...
It is, because I was at the race and Tomac blew by Dungey on the first lap and checked out. Dungey was not going to catch Tomac whether Reed was on the track or not. The only time Dungey made up any time was when Tomac came upon a lapper and then he'd gap Dungey again.

Go to the eye-doctor.

I'll pay for your 1st pair of Bi-Focals.
gt80rider
4/2/2017 3:05pm
Unfortunately, traffic has to be contended with, be it the leaders or lappers. So with no traffic and obliging lappers, RD cut the gap. Some riders...
Unfortunately, traffic has to be contended with, be it the leaders or lappers. So with no traffic and obliging lappers, RD cut the gap. Some riders are hard to pass. If you truly have the measure of someone in front of you, put your skills to work, and make a move. Don't wait for something to be handed to you. Reed psyched that kid out.
Since when should a lapper in any form of racing be psyching out the championship points leader? If Reed wants to "race" the freakn leaders, he needs to ride up front, not throw a temper tantrum payback when he is a lapper.
gt80rider
4/2/2017 3:14pm
MotoX85 wrote:
It is, because I was at the race and Tomac blew by Dungey on the first lap and checked out. Dungey was not going to catch...

First off, checking out is not a 3 second lead. Secondly, that is dungey's MO, take it easy the first few laps then make his moves. Lastly, dungey changed up a couple lines, that's how he was making time on Eli, and being just a shade over a second behind, he had already "caught" him.

Moot point? Next time u go to lap somone and they pick up the pace, then take up the best lines on a one lined track, you might have a different tune. And that's at your local chicken licks raceways, not fighting over the most prestigious title in our sport.
Hut
4/2/2017 3:19pm
"temper tantrum payback"

Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
4/2/2017 5:04pm
Chad knows how to ride a wide bike
And imo took dungey off if his Rythm and robbed us of any chance of a battle
Dungey was turning faster lap times and trying put some pressure on Eli
And knowbody knows what the out come could have been
Calihusky
4/2/2017 5:54pm
Why should Dungey have to make an aggressive pass on the guy in 16th place 1 lap behind? Usually it's just a lapper holding someone up for a turn or a whoops section. Not multiple laps. Passing someone for the lead is worth an aggressive pass but not passing a lapper.
Giygas
Fantasy
1165th
4/2/2017 6:02pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2017 6:28pm
Unfortunately, traffic has to be contended with, be it the leaders or lappers. So with no traffic and obliging lappers, RD cut the gap. Some riders...
Lolwut? Dungey rustled the shit out of Reed. He got under his skin so bad, he had to get in his way while almost in last place. Reed got owned in every aspect. I'm embarrassed for him.
Fat Fingers
4/2/2017 6:09pm
The very best excuse can be Reed is pissed because he had been in his own mind underperforming. He didn't start the season to finish in 10th so who knows what's going on in his head. You can bet he's blaming everyone but himself.

This is not all about what RD said. A rider in a good space would brush that off. Wrong place wrong time for Dunge.

Post a reply to: This whole Reed thing is blown out of Proportion

The Latest