This website doesn't work properly

disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
Edited Date/Time 6/3/2018 9:25am
And it hasn't for a long time.

How come the site doesn't work anymore? I never get notifications on replies to my posts, and I haven't been able to post from Chrome in years, so I had to switch to Firefox just to post, and now that doesn't work either!

In fact, tried sending a message to the boss and guess what, it doesn't work!

I actually had to post this message from Internet Explorer. What a joke!
|
Sparkey
1/12/2018 3:17pm
Finally get the hint?
bama205
1/12/2018 3:18pm Edited Date/Time 1/12/2018 3:18pm
Take a hint.

Edit: he beat me to it.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
1/12/2018 3:31pm
Any real answers? I'm obviously not banned and allowed to post.

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/12/2018 3:46pm
disbanded wrote:
And it hasn't for a long time. How come the site doesn't work anymore? I never get notifications on replies to my posts, and I haven't...

How come the site doesn't work anymore? I never get notifications on replies to my posts, and I haven't been able to post from Chrome in years, so I had to switch to Firefox just to post, and now that doesn't work either!

I've been having issues for months now. I'm not receiving any notifications whether it's someone that quotes one of my post or sending me a PM. Sent a few PM's myself and they haven't received them either. I've looked at my settings and everything looks fine there but it stopped working for some odd reason.

As far as using Chrome I haven't had any problems using the site from that browser. I use it on both my phone and my laptop with no issues posting text, pics, video's, etc.

Maybe your computer needs updates? Might want to check that. Also, try cleaning your history/cache, etc. and see if it helps. I've seen that work before.

If you were banned you wouldn't be able to login. You would get a small message saying "This account has been temporarily locked".

The Shop

Knoby
1/12/2018 3:53pm
Same here I think it has something to do with downloading some plug-in. Only with my surveillance system though. Haven't been on the desktop site for a while.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/12/2018 3:56pm Edited Date/Time 1/12/2018 3:57pm
disbanded wrote:
And it hasn't for a long time. How come the site doesn't work anymore? I never get notifications on replies to my posts, and I haven't...

What email did you sign up with? Is it the same one that you use now?

You can also go into your profile and check the notifications checklist.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
1/12/2018 3:59pm
I haven't been able to post in Firefox for months, if not over a year. I have to go into Internet Explorer if I want to post, which completely sucks. I thought it was just me.
JRT812
1/12/2018 4:05pm
I've learned to live with it
JRT812
1/12/2018 4:07pm
disbanded wrote:

GuyB wrote:
What email did you sign up with? Is it the same one that you use now? You can also go into your profile and check the...

I will check my profile, but I don't recall un checking notifications. Probably wrong, but I used to get them. Again, I haven't lost sleep over it, but thanks for the direction
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
1/12/2018 4:09pm
GuyB wrote:
What email did you sign up with? Is it the same one that you use now? You can also go into your profile and check the...

Absolutely nothing has changed on my end since the day I signed up. Plus I never touched my notifications. They just quit coming one day...
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/12/2018 4:11pm
disbanded wrote:
Absolutely nothing has changed on my end since the day I signed up. Plus I never touched my notifications. They just quit coming one day...
I also sent an email to the account you signed up with.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
1/12/2018 4:19pm
disbanded wrote:
GuyB wrote:
I also sent an email to the account you signed up with.
I got it
downard254
1/12/2018 4:26pm
I wanna say it’s not you, it’s us.......but it’s not us, it’s you.Tongue

In all honesty, I’ve been having someon and off trouble getting the site to load, but I assumed it was heavy traffic.
BobbyM
1/12/2018 4:28pm
disbanded wrote:

Torque yer sprocket bolts dummy.
jonboy688
1/12/2018 4:44pm
Email replies not working for me either. And had a member send a pm and I don’t have a email in my junk or inbox.
slipdog
1/12/2018 5:16pm
Never had one problem with PM's or notifications. I'm mostly on a cheapo Chromebook.
wsc96
Fantasy
474th
1/12/2018 5:21pm
Notifications and DMs only ever work sporadically for me.
Luxon MX
Fantasy
1205th
1/12/2018 5:22pm
I had issues on Firefox since they did the last major update of the browser a few months ago. Give this a try:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings

and if that doesn't work then try uninstalling and reinstalling the browser. That's what fixed it for me as well as a few other issues. There might be a similar feature in Chrome as well, but I'm not sure.
kkawboy14
1/12/2018 5:23pm
It calls in sick every Friday and harasses the secretary’s
JM485
1/12/2018 5:50pm Edited Date/Time 1/12/2018 5:52pm
My PMs used to work no problem but lately I've only been able to receive, I don't think anyone can get my responses.

If anyone who's sent me a PM hasn't gotten a response, sorry about that, I just can't send them through for whatever reason.

Edit: Also, just starting yesterday whenever I post I immediately get an error screen. Post goes through obviously, but it sends me to an error page.
rikhek
1/12/2018 6:03pm
I've recently started having lots of issues. Some examples include starting new threads, posting to existing threads and editing threads. Sometimes have to use IE instead of Chrome. Other issues as well but you get the idea. Something has gotten screwy.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/12/2018 6:10pm
disbanded wrote:

GuyB wrote:

I'm experiencing the same problem. I haven't changed anything in my profile. I checked the ones I want to receive notifications for. It worked fine for the longest time and then one day they just stopped coming in for whatever reason.

I doubled and tripled checked the settings and still nothing. I even tried turning them off for a couple days and turning them back on to see if it would re-activate them but it didn't change anything.

Not sure if different browsers experience different things but like disbanded I'm using Chrome. A part from not receiving the notifications everything else works fine.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/12/2018 9:52pm
One other suggestion...check spam to see if they're landing there.
1/13/2018 12:54am
On my laptop I also can't post with chrome since a few weeks. Everything works except for the submit button. When I use firefox everything works well but I hate firefox
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
1/13/2018 1:14am
As a forum owner I deal with these problems all the time. Most of the time it is on the user end. I am using Firefox and have zero problems here. I get all my notifications, for some reason my outlook sends some to my spam folder.

To the guys having problems, have you cleared your cookies, cleared your history, flushed your cache etc?

I suggest going to a computer that you have never logged in from, that usually confirms it user problem not the site.

Heavy internet users tend to have several ad-ons and various background programs running that can clash and cause problems like reported above.
kongols
1/13/2018 1:50am
Works fine on Chrome here. I suggest you update everything.
shanhard
1/13/2018 2:03am
It sounds like it might be the PEBKAC error, happens a lot on website forums.
ATKpilot99
1/13/2018 2:50am
Just posted this from chrome on an old tablet . I have an older windows 7 laptop and use chrome on that also.
HenryA
1/13/2018 2:52am
The email service for quotes stopped working a couple of months ago for me. Double checked my settings but nothing wrong there.

Post a reply to: This website doesn't work properly

The Latest