This track has RV written all over it.

kongols
Edited Date/Time 3/14/2015 4:32pm
I say 1-1 with awesome display of his outdoor skills.

|
jamma10
3/12/2015 3:07am
I think Alessandro Lupino has hacked Kongols account...

The Shop

3/12/2015 3:16am
What the fuck are they doing. One of the best thing about mxgp was it wasn't outdoor sx like the Nationals. Variety of tracks and terrain is what sets it apart.
FB
3/12/2015 3:23am
It looks like it's going to get really rutted
Rowlands
3/12/2015 3:24am
Looks in a different league to Thailand and Qatar. Gunna be a good one I think
3/12/2015 3:25am
hope they can get enough water down so it doesn't turn into a dustbowl!!! must be pretty hot there?

the track looks pretty good to me- does nobody else think it looks ok? alright, its not old school but theres a bit of elevation change, looks nice dirt- a hell of an improvement on the last 2 rounds in my opinion?

having said that, im really looking forward to the proper motocross tracks (arco di Trento, valkenswaard, teuschental, maggiora etc)
VET176
3/12/2015 3:26am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2015 3:28am
What the fuck are they doing. One of the best thing about mxgp was it wasn't outdoor sx like the Nationals. Variety of tracks and terrain...
What the fuck are they doing. One of the best thing about mxgp was it wasn't outdoor sx like the Nationals. Variety of tracks and terrain is what sets it apart.
Don't worry. Just wait until they hit Europe.

They need to get rid of these "overseas" rounds. (unless it's in Aus/NZ)
jamma10
3/12/2015 3:36am
hope they can get enough water down so it doesn't turn into a dustbowl!!! must be pretty hot there? the track looks pretty good to me-...
hope they can get enough water down so it doesn't turn into a dustbowl!!! must be pretty hot there?

the track looks pretty good to me- does nobody else think it looks ok? alright, its not old school but theres a bit of elevation change, looks nice dirt- a hell of an improvement on the last 2 rounds in my opinion?

having said that, im really looking forward to the proper motocross tracks (arco di Trento, valkenswaard, teuschental, maggiora etc)
Shouldn't be too bad, the temperature is fairly mild there in March, around 20c (70f).

I think the track will be good personally. I'm not impressed by all the generic jump/rollers etc, but I think it should break down a bit and get rough and rutted which should make for some good racing.
ChrisB10
3/12/2015 3:44am
"Too supercrossy" is another built-in excuse for the Euros. They brag how great this series is because it travels the world but the second you have different style tracks then they go ape ahit. Dont call it a world championship then, call it the European style track only championship.
ChrisB10
3/12/2015 3:51am
What the fuck are they doing. One of the best thing about mxgp was it wasn't outdoor sx like the Nationals. Variety of tracks and terrain...
You realize you're being a hypocrite right? You're bitching becauset his track is different than the Euro tracks but then brag about the diversity of series??
Rowlands
3/12/2015 3:53am
ChrisB10 wrote:
"Too supercrossy" is another built-in excuse for the Euros. They brag how great this series is because it travels the world but the second you have...
"Too supercrossy" is another built-in excuse for the Euros. They brag how great this series is because it travels the world but the second you have different style tracks then they go ape ahit. Dont call it a world championship then, call it the European style track only championship.
Chill your beans man, it's all good fun
3/12/2015 3:56am
ChrisB10 wrote:
"Too supercrossy" is another built-in excuse for the Euros. They brag how great this series is because it travels the world but the second you have...
its a world championship because they travel to different countries all over the world- not sure why so many people on here can't grasp that...

the problem with the man made flat tracks is they are going away from what a motocross track is traditionally. This one looks a lot better than the first 2 rounds in my opinion

The diversity of tracks is just fine without the man made rubbish that we saw in quatar- you have the deep bottomless sands of lommel one week, then the old school, blue groove hardpack of maggiora another week. Theres no place (in my mind at least) for the man made supercross style tracks in a motocross championship. The racing always seems to be better and the old school style tracks
Jimfunn
3/12/2015 4:01am
track looks good.

It does look like there are too many jumps to me, same as Matterly. What's wrong with a straight and some tight switchbacks these days!

But should be good, looking forward to seeing the real RV and what Cairoli can do
DeStouwer
3/12/2015 4:12am
Currently it's around 30-35°C at Neuquén. It wil get a bit cooler the coming weeks. Don't know about humidity.
ky_savage
Fantasy
500th
3/12/2015 4:12am
Robgvx wrote:
So much for natural tracks.
Natural tracks are a thing of the past unfortunately.
TMV
3/12/2015 4:25am
kongols wrote:
I say 1-1 with awesome display of his outdoor skills. [img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_4u_AqXAAAZv8w.jpg[/img] [img]https://blog.mxbars.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/mapa-circuito-w855h425@2x.jpg[/img]
I say 1-1 with awesome display of his outdoor skills.

I do agree...
Flip109
3/12/2015 4:53am
Motocross bikes aren't natural. Why should the tracks you ride them on be. The big outdoor style jumps make it fun to watch. I'd be bored if all they did was go up and down some hills really fast.
3/12/2015 4:54am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2015 4:57am
i'll hold judgement until I see it raced, looks like it will be fast and fun, but soft which is cool, Valkenswaard it is not but we all knew that it was to be man made with a small amount of natural elevation anyway didn't we?

chrisb10 - just stop with the aggro man.

BD233
3/12/2015 5:00am
Yep, RV's name all over this, sandy, deep, rutted, that's where he excels.
jamma10
3/12/2015 5:10am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2015 5:23am
ChrisB10 wrote:
People take issue with Youthstream when they schedule a fly-away GP to Asia, or wherever, and then just build a track that could be constructed anywhere. They all follow a similar blueprint. It doesn't happen all the time, but Qatar and Thailand (this year) are two prime examples of that happening. Luckily there are plenty of other decent tracks on the schedule to make up for them. I happen to think this track in Argentina shows some promise, at least it includes some natural features.

In general the purpose of fly-away GPs is worthwhile and should be continued, but they should be held at established Motocross tracks unique to each country, not just constructed in a way that could just be duplicated wherever they like. Last year the Thai GP was held at a sprawling natural track, which was fine, because it was a motocross track! This year, for whatever reason, they moved it to a new location and built a short, tight and twisty track filled with jumps and rhythm sections... a 1.38 laptime on an outdoor track is stupid.
Seamorbutts
3/12/2015 5:19am
Not even the same type terrain as the first two rounds. Super soft deep sand.
Camp332
3/12/2015 5:32am
I see some sand rollers, and tabletops. Looks perfect!

segers
Fantasy
2294th
3/12/2015 5:35am
Poto,ratray and simpson where at lommel for training yesterday.
Can u compare the sand from argentina with lommel?
DeStouwer
3/12/2015 5:36am
I predict victory for Paulin in Argentina, Desalle in Italy and Cairoli in the Netherlands. Five GP's, five winners would be great for the championship.
Jefro98
3/12/2015 5:47am
Nothing wrong with a good man made track IMO.
Qatar and Thailand didn't work out that well unfortunately.

FYI:
Valkenswaard is considered one of the best tracks on the series.
Seems many people forget it is totally man made too.
It is around a rally car track and goes up and down a garbage dump.

3/12/2015 5:50am
DeStouwer wrote:
I predict victory for Paulin in Argentina, Desalle in Italy and Cairoli in the Netherlands. Five GP's, five winners would be great for the championship.
its not beyond the realms of possibility either! that's what makes this years championship so great! 3 different moto winners from 4 motos so far!! desalle is looking really solid- paulin is bound to get it together soon (he's been making a lot of mistakes so far)

Post a reply to: This track has RV written all over it.

The Latest