This told the MXoN and RBSR me Davey C.

Related:
Create New Tag

10/22/2018 5:09 PM

I read the Racerhead on RacerX, about Davey Coombs his doubts. Does he need to go back to the two days schedule to make motocross great again and some other ideas.

But what I've learned is that the European series, where riders can compete with each other on a high level is a great proving ground. They race against the best, because you've a qualification system and sometimes you have 100 riders just for 40 places. The fight starts at time training and you learn a lot every time you enter a race. Also the tracks are real world championships tracks.

I also learned from Red Bull Straight Rhythm that people still love two strokes. So this is just a idea, maybe you could turn it back to a two day format, or you could also let the youth race on a very hard brussed and battered track on Sunday.

Schoolboy Class - Supermini - 250B or 250A (maybe both). Racing on those tracks, earning points like the European system with the big final at Loretta because that is such a nice tradition, you can't just throw that away. The best 60 in those classes are qualified or something like that, other classes keep qualifying in areas. And I know that you probably don't have to make Supermini's race Glenn Helen, but Hangtown is maybe possible. Glenn Helen with the steep downhills is maybe even to hard for Schoolboys. But other tracks such as WW Ranch, Spring Creek, Unadilla, High Point, Southwick, Washougal as penultimate round, ... Keep the tracks rough but smooth dangerous parts out, maybe Canard or a other pro can speak him mind about the difference between rough, hard and dangerous.

Also people who love two stroke or youth racing can stay for the Sunday can make it a two day event (if you keep the pro event only on Saturday).

Just a idea.

|

10/22/2018 5:28 PM

All I see in GP's is 30 guy's fighting over 40 spots, unless it's a fly away then it's 26 guy's fighting for 40 spots.

The USA riders had a bad week, they did not forget how to race MX, holy shit get over yourselves already.

|

10/22/2018 5:35 PM

I'm still confused why some people put so much stock in this race. Sure the American riders would like to win....it's a MX race, but don't for one second think they care more about it than winning a SX or MX championship. Not 1 single American rider would ever spend the majority of his time training and practicing for this race...it's a glorified exhibition for bragging rights.

|

MCM2 name - RXR_ProKawi24
PS4 Gamertag "Rocko24" - Add me for MES2 (soon to be MES3)

10/22/2018 5:38 PM

500guy wrote:

All I see in GP's is 30 guy's fighting over 40 spots, unless it's a fly away then it's 26 guy's fighting for 40 spots.

The ...more

He's talking about the European series, not the GPs. Or that's at least how I tried to decipher that mess of words.....

|

10/22/2018 5:39 PM

500guy wrote:

The ...more

That is the world championship. I mean the European Championship. The EMX125 and EMX250.
For example: EMX250 in France - Group 1 and Group 2

EMX125 in Germany: Group 1 and Group 2

That is a very high level in those feeder classes.

Bye the way: The AMA riders were almost all under preforming what makes you think that those 6 weeks between the last AMA race and the MXoN didn't do them well. But it's just a idea to give those kids more time on difficult tracks, because we haven't seen Eli Tomac-like debuts to the pro-ranks anymore.

|

10/22/2018 5:42 PM

500guy wrote:

The ...more

^^^ This

The MXON didn’t prove shit about either racing division. The supposed (self proclaimed) FMOTP got beat by one of his own and the US lost from poor results. In case you didn’t know it’s called racing for a reason and anything can happen. See examples in second sentence.

USA will try again next year as I am sure your country will as well...

We don’t have to try and “fix” everything when we don’t get the results we want.

|

10/22/2018 6:01 PM

amurica doesnt want to hear nuthin, they already know everything there is to know...

so predictable, the replies, so lame.

|

10/22/2018 7:10 PM

Didn't the nationals originally go to the one day format due to the teams and riders wanting it to be as much of a canned event as SX? They didn't want a long weekend? And of course now we hear "the tv slot" and "the camera crew" as being a limiting factor in the race day program. Just not enough time they say.

|

10/22/2018 7:16 PM

newmann wrote:

Didn't the nationals originally go to the one day format due to the teams and riders wanting it to be as much of a canned ...more

Not enough time for TV yet we have to put it on 2 different channels and then during the Tour we have to wait a week to see it! Nice package!

|

10/22/2018 8:19 PM

newmann wrote:

Didn't the nationals originally go to the one day format due to the teams and riders wanting it to be as much of a canned ...more

RBSR was 3 hours of braaaping. I was sad to see it end so quick.

I would have liked them to stream the qualifiers.

|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

10/22/2018 10:12 PM

I hear and understand what Matti is saying , and I couldn't agree more.

I've also said this one million fucking times on here.....quit making the 125 class here a joke of an exhibition race! Make it a serious series , because this is where our future in this sport is! To mock it , spit on it , laugh at it....is fucking stupid , and the GP crowd is laughing their ass off at us , because we don't take it serious! Christ they have mini classes running at some of their GP round's , never mind the WMX and EMX classes!

THIS!!.....is why we are losing , and will continue to fall behind. And we can sit there and say " Oh....they just had a bad , off- weekend ". And how many years are we going to keep saying that? When does that excuse wear out? Why is it that we are only a threat to win if the dirt is good?

Sure our top rider's are badass......but we're getting soft! Two classes in one day. They have l;ike seven classes over two days......pretty easy to figure out here.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

10/22/2018 10:54 PM

I have always said it. We can all hate Luongo and what he has done with the GPs, but... The EMX system is brilliant and i think that is one of the reasons why the level of MX is getting higher and higher in Europe.

Nothing will change as long as the US junior racing scene is built like it is now with the perfect training facilities and a handful of races with very short sprint motos. USA has still by far the biggest talent pool (and will probably always have that), work towards a similar EMX system in USA and you'll dominate MX again.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- KTM SX 250 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- Canyon Spectral:ON 7.0 2019 EMTB
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

10/22/2018 11:16 PM

newmann wrote:

TV coverage....One could say hurting the sport by trying to improve the sport!

|

10/22/2018 11:24 PM

Nationals should be on Sunday. I'm racing a sprint car on Saturday, and I'm not missing a race to watch MX. On the other hand I will wake up at 7, wash the car by 9 and hit the road to Hangtown. I will not skip racing my deal to watch someone else race. And I will not watch NASCAR.

|

10/22/2018 11:56 PM

If I hit this 1.6 billion I’m racing nascar. Blank white car. No sponsors. Just me and the wall at 180mph.

|

GP740
Since 1987

10/23/2018 12:35 AM

Did anyone notice that Tomac made more money in one night than most of the MXGP guys?. And very probably the last one of that Monster shit made more dough than most of the MX riders?
You can tell me what you want, but all that Luongo structure is maintain with dad´s money. If sponsors don´t come around with serious investment, it´s not sustainable.

|

10/23/2018 1:07 AM

JFerry wrote:

Did anyone notice that Tomac made more money in one night than most of the MXGP guys?. And very probably the last one of that ...more

Who you comparing Tomac to 10th-20th place riders in salary? Lets compare what Herlings makes compared to the 10th - 20th place guys over there its the same. ML has said that Tomac and Herlings are on similar pay and that Tomac gets more gear sponsorship money than Herlings.

IMO 2 days of racing is much better than 1, not just for the racers but for us spectators. Wouldn't you prefer to see more racing? Like Jeffro said make the 125 class into a proper series so we can see more riders like the kid who beat Villopoto. To have 125 and 250 classes like the EMX, it would develop your riders so much quicker it and tbh with the amount of riders your guys have imo you would be unstoppable in any sort of mx race.

But all this isn't possible if teams aren't on board and want to stick to 1 days racing.

|

10/23/2018 2:15 AM

But who pays the party.?
What we are saying is that our system is fantastic and theirs is wrong. Honestly when I see one top guy like Horenbeek saying if I have to ride for nuts I will retire, it makes me think.
I don't know the numbers of that Monster circus las week, but I am pretty sure that a top 10 finisher, made more money in one night than most MXriders will make their whole career.

|

10/23/2018 3:33 AM

JFerry wrote:

But who pays the party.?
What we are saying is that our system is fantastic and theirs is wrong. Honestly when I see one top ...more

Okay then troll.

Here are the figures from the 2016 MEC so the numbers wont be 100% accurate but I imagine they are pretty similar.
1. $100,000
2. $35,000
3. $20,000
4. $15,000
5. $10,000
6. $9,000
7. $8,000
8. $7,000
9. $6,000
10. $5,000
11. $4,000
12. $3,100
13. $2,500
14. $2,350
15. $2,150
16. $2,000
17. $1,900
18. $1,800
19. $1,700
20. $1,600
21. $1,500
22. $1,400

There is EMX riders who earn 7 times that amount in a year. Please shut upsideways

|

10/23/2018 4:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/23/2018 4:13 AM

Jesus, those EMX boys are running the show then.

Prizes of the best race in the world,

5.36 MXN
Travel Indemnities and Prizes
FIM Motocross of Nations
1. 2. 3. 4.
All amounts are shown in Euros (€). They are net amounts from which no deductions are allowed. They are payable in € only.
They will be paid to the FMNs of the teams who participated in the FIM Motocross of Nations, by bank transfer after the event.
The travel indemnity for each team entered in the FIM Motocross of Nations is € 2’040.-.
The minimum prize money is € 23’000.- which must be divided as follows:
5. 6.
All the team’s riders must display the FIM Motocross of Nations logo on the front number plate and their racing shirt, otherwise their team will forfeit 50% of its prize money.
Should an FMN consider that its team has had his travel indemnity and/or prize money not paid at the correct minimum level, this matter may be submitted to the FIM Administration which will take immediate action?
Position Prize money (€)
1. 3’420.-
2. 2’730.-
3. 2’370.-
4. 2’045.-
5. 1’920.-
6. 1’845.-
7. 1’635.-
8. 1’440.-
9. 1’225.-
10. 960.-
11. 810.-
12. 750.-
Total: 21’150.-

B Final:
1. 690.-
2. 615.-
3. 545.-
Total: 1’850.-

|

10/23/2018 4:32 AM

brocster wrote:

^^^ This

The MXON didn’t prove shit about either racing division. The supposed (self proclaimed) FMOTP got beat by one of his ...more

Geez get over it man. Coldenhoff was Team Netherlands as was Herlings. Why the hell would he push for the win when his team was holding the 1st and 2nd position?

|

10/23/2018 5:35 AM

500guy wrote:

The ...more

brocster wrote:

^^^ This

The MXON didn’t prove shit about either racing division. The supposed (self proclaimed) FMOTP got beat by one of his ...more

CalimeroFan wrote:

Geez get over it man. Coldenhoff was Team Netherlands as was Herlings. Why the hell would he push for the win when his team ...more

This ^. All day long.

|

10/23/2018 5:38 AM

brocster wrote:

^^^ This

CalimeroFan wrote:

Geez get over it man. Coldenhoff was Team Netherlands as was Herlings. Why the hell would he push for the win when his team ...more

Robgvx wrote:

This ^. All day long.

Who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|

10/23/2018 6:32 AM

CalimeroFan wrote:

Robgvx wrote:

This ^. All day long.

Ewan49 wrote:

Not me.

|

10/23/2018 7:40 AM

Robgvx wrote:

This ^. All day long.

Ewan49 wrote:

Robgvx wrote:

Not me.

I am over it. I said the US got beat fair and square.

We have been racing SX since the 70’s with split seasons so thats a non issue. What happened was the GP riders got better at jumping. We used to win on GP tracks from our SX roots. The euros figured it out. Changed their tracks and now jump shit before we do as well as tradionally been better at turning. Do with it what you will.

|

10/23/2018 3:41 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

I hear and understand what Matti is saying , and I couldn't agree more.

I've also said this one million fucking times on ...more

Thanks, but having a normal conversation on here is something that's bit of a utopia. I was just thinking what makes young riders better? Riding makes them better, but the silky smooth tracks in SoCal and Florida or other training facilities doesn't match by far the race conditions at a National or a Motocross Grand Prix.

Villopoto said it himself in the RacerX show on Saturday night at the MXON. Training in Europe makes you faster and a better rider because even the best track there is pretty much very "shitty". And that wasn't even a insult its just a fact that most American training tracks are looking so perfect, so heavenly prepped.

So if you make the most important classes to become a pro; Supermini and 250b and 250a, at least part of the AMA National weekends, those riders will be more prepared for what is next to come. Personally I would also put the schoolboy class in it. For kids who need one (or more) year(s) extra to transfer from the Supermini to the big bikes.

If I'm not mistaken Joey Savatgy used the Schoolboy class because, after the 85cc he was already to big for the Supermini and he rode two years on a 125cc. He became Junior World Champion on a very hard and technical Italian track. Prove that the schoolboy class can result in pro's too, because we all know where he's now.

Also if it would be the second day of the National, it would be easier for Pro team owners to stick around a day longer to check those talents out, to see how they developing. Also maybe for team coaches to already give them advice.

|

10/23/2018 4:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/23/2018 4:34 PM

I am waiting on an 11-year-old to make up her mind in a pet store, so I think I have some time to think about this...

I think the difference between the amateur races attached to MXGP in Europe and what we have here are kind of lost in translation. We already have a de facto "amateur championship" tour with the big amateur gatherings that usually get all of the best riders in the country: the JS7 Spring National at Freestone, the Oak Hill race, Mill Creek in Alabama, the Ricky Carmichael SX at Daytona, Mammoth Mountain, Loretta Lynn's, the Baja Brawl, the reborn Ponca City race that Harold Martin is doing, the Maine Event, KROC, Monster Cup, the Mini O's and more... And we also have "amateur day" races at most nationals, we just haven't strung a series together. They race on Fridays or Sundays at every round except Thunder Valley and Southwick.

If we were to turn the outdoor national weekends into a "USMX" amateur series, I believe it would hurt amateur racing in America even more--especially with Supercross now working in that space during winter months with their new SX Futures program, which should be compelling and popular races. I don't think there are races like LL or the Mini O's or the Monster Cup in Europe, but someone on here might know?

What I believe would immediately help is, for starters, to have longer motos at these amateur events for A classes, just like we do at Loretta's -- and that includes our own regionals and qualifiers. We also should maybe look into a minimum mandatory number of races that one must attend before entering the LL program or SX Futures in order to get some of these kids racing more and not just riding at training facilities. I get why kids do this--it's the MX equivalent of red-shirting, or dropping down a grade--but it's something I wish we could fix because it's hurting local tracks, local races, local districts and local dealerships...

As for MXMatti's suggestion on the 125 class, here is the conundrum (besides not enough time in the day for a real third class): When it gets super-serious, which it will in a hurry, is that the end of the fun and participation for Ryan Villopoto and Ryan Sipes and Darryn Durham and Will Hahn, who come out of retirement for fun? And how will that affect some of the other big amateur races (and tracks) that count on that big turnout?

There's your utopia, MXMatti... Sloane wants new cat sweaters for Ace and Lannister. She's eleven.

DC
Racer X

|

10/23/2018 6:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/23/2018 6:17 PM

DC, Cat9 says you need to buy your two some tail armor to go with the sweaters! Vet disagrees but I think he may have gotten nipped by a snek. No step on snek! pinch He’s drugged up and still spazzing.

Photo

|

10/23/2018 6:48 PM

DC wrote:

I am waiting on an 11-year-old to make up her mind in a pet store, so I think I have some time to think about this...

I think ...more

DC,

Longer motos would be great if the race promoters didn't mirror the same number of classes available at LL. This past Sunday, racing started at 8:30, 24 motos, didn't finish until 6pm with 4 lap motos. Lap times were between 1:50-2:40 depending on the class. Throw a lunch break in and some track prep and it makes for a long day.

I agree longer motos are needed.

|

"Hope is not a strategy"

10/23/2018 9:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/23/2018 10:12 PM

I'm a bit surprised that DC is unaware of high level Jnr / Amateur racing in Europe / Britain. It's massive, but not just so oriented to getting to a one day / one week thing such as Loretta's etc. Full, National / International series, generally.

But, he's obviously got a heck of a lot on his plate.

As for worrying about the 'loss' of say, Ryan Villopoto and Ryan Sipes and Darryn Durham and Will Hahn, etc, instead of a full, real 125 race series? Let's have that 'loss'. A Real, 125 race series is better for the health of racing. You could have, say, a 250 2t exhibition race, if you want retirees out there.

And, from what I see, with Thursday Media days, there's still a lot of time spent at the track for teams and riders. I can't imagine any are not there on a full Friday.

Yes, you've got TV constraints and scheduling for the 2 main classes, but there's a full day on Saturday, as well as Friday. And, it seems Amateur days are a Big part of the Nationals. Fair enough, it probably is a big earner for the tracks, and perhaps DC & Co, but the prime thing, should be the Nationals being raced.

And, as ever, DC, please bring in Equivalency - be brave, and face up to those that want to continue handicap class racing. Please, and Thank You!

|