This sums up Glamis to me

Related:
Create New Tag

2/19/2018 3:28 PM

|

2/19/2018 3:31 PM

|

2/19/2018 3:36 PM

Photo
|

2/19/2018 3:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/19/2018 3:50 PM

^^ Ohhhhhhh DD.... DD, DD, DD...

via GIPHY

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

2/19/2018 3:50 PM

WTF where they cheering for? Because someone almost died?

|

2/19/2018 4:13 PM

kkawboy14 wrote: https://instagram.com/p/BfY7g87Bv53/

yak651 wrote:

WTF where they cheering for? Because someone almost died?

That’s Glamis, seems like a Giant Mad Max movie set to me!

|

2/19/2018 4:19 PM

Please stay away it is no fun at all.

|

2/19/2018 4:52 PM

Photo

Anyone who has been to Glamis on a holiday weekend can relate to this picture one way or another. "That guy" is EVERYWHERE at Glamis.
|

2/19/2018 5:11 PM

kkawboy14 wrote: https://instagram.com/p/BfY7g87Bv53/

yak651 wrote:

WTF where they cheering for? Because someone almost died?

Because they made it, by a whisker.

|

2/19/2018 5:37 PM

Cuz I’m a bro bro bro0o0.

|

GP740
Since 1987

2/19/2018 6:12 PM

He was planning on jumping over the quad and chickened out...

|

2/19/2018 9:16 PM

Homey55 wrote: Photo

Anyone who has been to Glamis on a holiday weekend can relate to this picture one way or another. "That guy" is EVERYWHERE at Glamis.

I’ve spent over 60 days in glamis each year forever... and have no clue who this guy is or anyone I know does...

|

2/19/2018 9:23 PM

Homey55 wrote: Photo

Anyone who has been to Glamis on a holiday weekend can relate to this picture one way or another. "That guy" is EVERYWHERE at Glamis.

Devenhallen wrote:

I’ve spent over 60 days in glamis each year forever... and have no clue who this guy is or anyone I know does...

He's referring to "That guy" which is a specific type of person not the actual guy driving the Chevy.

ie: Drunk idiot. Hold my beer, watch this.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

2/19/2018 11:04 PM

|

2/19/2018 11:22 PM

It's the carnival of sin

|

2/20/2018 6:47 AM

hahaha, you west coast guys are lucky to have the sand to play in!

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

2/20/2018 7:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/20/2018 7:46 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

He's referring to "That guy" which is a specific type of person not the actual guy driving the Chevy.

ie: Drunk idiot. Hold my beer, watch this.

Exactly. I don't know this guy, but there is one in almost every camp on a holiday weekend.

|

2/20/2018 8:47 AM

Does Glamis have an over abundance of drunken RZR guys, much like every dune I end up at?

|

2/20/2018 8:59 AM

Doddy wrote:

Does Glamis have an over abundance of drunken RZR guys, much like every dune I end up at?

YES!!!

|

2/20/2018 9:07 AM

kkawboy14 wrote: https://instagram.com/p/BfY7g87Bv53/

yak651 wrote:

WTF where they cheering for? Because someone almost died?

kkawboy14 wrote:

That’s Glamis, seems like a Giant Mad Max movie set to me!

It is at times.

Boy did I used to live for going to Glamis.

Watching those IG posts though, I’ve realized how old I’ve gotten. I’m so over the Bro Show.

I just wanna go ride. I doubt I’ll ever go there on a holiday weekend ever again.

|

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.


Usage: Slang

2/20/2018 9:15 AM

Isn't the whole point of owning an RZR having a place to put your beer cooler? I honestly have never run across anyone on a RZR that was not drinking.

|

2/20/2018 9:15 AM

I'll say it side x sides have ruined the dunes. Last time I was at glamis a crew of 30 of them took turns doing baby wheelies off a perfect roller for their pro cameras. They spent the entire day wasting a perfect jump.

|

2/20/2018 9:21 AM

I agree, in dumont a friend of mine was running a lip in on a HUGE double that I would have liked to see him jump. Every time he made a line, a sxs would roll right over it.

|

2/20/2018 9:38 AM

FI2T wrote:

I'll say it side x sides have ruined the dunes. Last time I was at glamis a crew of 30 of them took turns doing baby wheelies off a perfect roller for their pro cameras. They spent the entire day wasting a perfect jump.

Are they the new “quad gods”?

Seriously tho, it’s a double edge sword. Without the SxS industry dealerships would be closing up and mfgs would be pulling out.

|

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.


Usage: Slang

2/20/2018 10:52 AM

This sums up my Glamis experience-

|

2/20/2018 11:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/20/2018 11:54 AM

FI2T wrote:

I'll say it side x sides have ruined the dunes. Last time I was at glamis a crew of 30 of them took turns doing baby wheelies off a perfect roller for their pro cameras. They spent the entire day wasting a perfect jump.

Not specifically Glamis related, but I have nearly ended up as a hood ornament on some SxS flying absolutely out of control around some blind obstacle the last 2 times I've went riding.

|

2/20/2018 1:17 PM

FI2T wrote:

I'll say it side x sides have ruined the dunes. Last time I was at glamis a crew of 30 of them took turns doing baby wheelies off a perfect roller for their pro cameras. They spent the entire day wasting a perfect jump.

Dirty Points wrote:

Not specifically Glamis related, but I have nearly ended up as a hood ornament on some SxS flying absolutely out of control around some blind obstacle the last 2 times I've went riding.

If spotters aren't on it it's easy to end up a hood ornament. They are damn fast now and every hill is a bowl to them. X3's are as fast as 450's up the sand hills now stock. Add that to most of the drivers not having a bunch of off-road experience... it usually ends bad.

|

2/20/2018 1:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/20/2018 1:37 PM

FI2T wrote:

I'll say it side x sides have ruined the dunes. Last time I was at glamis a crew of 30 of them took turns doing baby wheelies off a perfect roller for their pro cameras. They spent the entire day wasting a perfect jump.

Dirty Points wrote:

Not specifically Glamis related, but I have nearly ended up as a hood ornament on some SxS flying absolutely out of control around some blind obstacle the last 2 times I've went riding.

FI2T wrote:

If spotters aren't on it it's easy to end up a hood ornament. They are damn fast now and every hill is a bowl to them. X3's are as fast as 450's up the sand hills now stock. Add that to most of the drivers not having a bunch of off-road experience... it usually ends bad.

And they are everywhere, not just on the dunes. The previous incident for me was just a fire-road-type trail. No hope of a spotter. I pulled all the way off, because I saw their dust cloud coming, and still nearly ended up flattened. I did lose a brush guard in the exchange

In the future, I'm going to (unnaturally and dangerously) move to the left (inside) on one of those corners should I see that cloud. If I don't see it coming, I guess I'll probably just settle for being killed.

|