2/19/2018 3:28pm Edited Date/Time 2/20/2018 1:37pm
|

The Shop

SPODEBOY
2/19/2018 4:19pm
Please stay away it is no fun at all.
Homey55
2/19/2018 4:52pm

Anyone who has been to Glamis on a holiday weekend can relate to this picture one way or another. "That guy" is EVERYWHERE at Glamis.
mw43
2/19/2018 6:12pm
He was planning on jumping over the quad and chickened out...
2/19/2018 9:16pm
Homey55 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/02/19/244907/s1200_tg08.jpg[/img] Anyone who has been to Glamis on a holiday weekend can relate to this picture one way or another. "That guy" is EVERYWHERE at Glamis.

Anyone who has been to Glamis on a holiday weekend can relate to this picture one way or another. "That guy" is EVERYWHERE at Glamis.
I’ve spent over 60 days in glamis each year forever... and have no clue who this guy is or anyone I know does...
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
2/19/2018 9:23pm
Homey55 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/02/19/244907/s1200_tg08.jpg[/img] Anyone who has been to Glamis on a holiday weekend can relate to this picture one way or another. "That guy" is EVERYWHERE at Glamis.

I’ve spent over 60 days in glamis each year forever... and have no clue who this guy is or anyone I know does...
He's referring to "That guy" which is a specific type of person not the actual guy driving the Chevy.

ie: Drunk idiot. Hold my beer, watch this.
2/20/2018 6:47am
hahaha, you west coast guys are lucky to have the sand to play in!
Homey55
2/20/2018 7:45am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2018 7:46am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
He's referring to "That guy" which is a specific type of person not the actual guy driving the Chevy. ie: Drunk idiot. Hold my beer, watch...
He's referring to "That guy" which is a specific type of person not the actual guy driving the Chevy.

ie: Drunk idiot. Hold my beer, watch this.
Exactly. I don't know this guy, but there is one in almost every camp on a holiday weekend.
Doddy
2/20/2018 8:47am
Does Glamis have an over abundance of drunken RZR guys, much like every dune I end up at?
briank3000
2/20/2018 8:59am
Doddy wrote:
Does Glamis have an over abundance of drunken RZR guys, much like every dune I end up at?
YES!!!
2/20/2018 9:07am
kkawboy14 wrote:
yak651 wrote:
WTF where they cheering for? Because someone almost died?
kkawboy14 wrote:
That’s Glamis, seems like a Giant Mad Max movie set to me!
It is at times.

Boy did I used to live for going to Glamis.

Watching those IG posts though, I’ve realized how old I’ve gotten. I’m so over the Bro Show.

I just wanna go ride. I doubt I’ll ever go there on a holiday weekend ever again.
dcg141
2/20/2018 9:15am
Isn't the whole point of owning an RZR having a place to put your beer cooler? I honestly have never run across anyone on a RZR that was not drinking.
FI2T
2/20/2018 9:15am
I'll say it side x sides have ruined the dunes. Last time I was at glamis a crew of 30 of them took turns doing baby wheelies off a perfect roller for their pro cameras. They spent the entire day wasting a perfect jump.
2/20/2018 9:21am
I agree, in dumont a friend of mine was running a lip in on a HUGE double that I would have liked to see him jump. Every time he made a line, a sxs would roll right over it.
2/20/2018 9:38am
FI2T wrote:
I'll say it side x sides have ruined the dunes. Last time I was at glamis a crew of 30 of them took turns doing baby...
I'll say it side x sides have ruined the dunes. Last time I was at glamis a crew of 30 of them took turns doing baby wheelies off a perfect roller for their pro cameras. They spent the entire day wasting a perfect jump.
Are they the new “quad gods”?

Seriously tho, it’s a double edge sword. Without the SxS industry dealerships would be closing up and mfgs would be pulling out.
2/20/2018 11:51am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2018 11:54am
FI2T wrote:
I'll say it side x sides have ruined the dunes. Last time I was at glamis a crew of 30 of them took turns doing baby...
Not specifically Glamis related, but I have nearly ended up as a hood ornament on some SxS flying absolutely out of control around some blind obstacle the last 2 times I've went riding.

FI2T
2/20/2018 1:17pm
FI2T wrote:
Not specifically Glamis related, but I have nearly ended up as a hood ornament on some SxS flying absolutely out of control around some blind obstacle...
Not specifically Glamis related, but I have nearly ended up as a hood ornament on some SxS flying absolutely out of control around some blind obstacle the last 2 times I've went riding.

If spotters aren't on it it's easy to end up a hood ornament. They are damn fast now and every hill is a bowl to them. X3's are as fast as 450's up the sand hills now stock. Add that to most of the drivers not having a bunch of off-road experience... it usually ends bad.
2/20/2018 1:22pm Edited Date/Time 2/20/2018 1:37pm
FI2T wrote:
Not specifically Glamis related, but I have nearly ended up as a hood ornament on some SxS flying absolutely out of control around some blind obstacle...

FI2T wrote:
If spotters aren't on it it's easy to end up a hood ornament. They are damn fast now and every hill is a bowl to them...
If spotters aren't on it it's easy to end up a hood ornament. They are damn fast now and every hill is a bowl to them. X3's are as fast as 450's up the sand hills now stock. Add that to most of the drivers not having a bunch of off-road experience... it usually ends bad.
And they are everywhere, not just on the dunes. The previous incident for me was just a fire-road-type trail. No hope of a spotter. I pulled all the way off, because I saw their dust cloud coming, and still nearly ended up flattened. I did lose a brush guard in the exchange

In the future, I'm going to (unnaturally and dangerously) move to the left (inside) on one of those corners should I see that cloud. If I don't see it coming, I guess I'll probably just settle for being killed.

Post a reply to: This sums up Glamis to me

The Latest