Create New Tag

1/19/2019 10:45 PM

Bring on the outdoors.

|

1/19/2019 10:46 PM

Youre right. This thread does suck.

|

1/19/2019 10:50 PM

Yeah the racing was great tonight. TONS of passing. No injuries. Super suspense. Gimme a break.

|

1/19/2019 10:53 PM

T'was some phenomenal racing....Cooper is basssyyyaaasck

|

1/19/2019 10:58 PM

Jerkolantern wrote:

Yeah the racing was great tonight. TONS of passing. No injuries. Super suspense. Gimme a break.

::cough:: Barcia ::cough::

|

Life's a garden, dig it.

1996 CR250R
2016 YZ450F
2001 Suzuki Bandit 600
Coleman BT200x

1/19/2019 10:58 PM

Barcia was pushing it to hard to catch up after the bad start and just missed timed his take off and had to enect or face plant the landing. I watched him throw the bike under and prepare for the hot which was feet first into the face of the jump. Looks like a leg injury maybe knee or ankle

|

1/19/2019 11:03 PM

And how many points did this count towards the championship? Stupid. And ten minute races are for kids on 50's ... These are pros that train for longevity. The whole thing just seems dumb, but hey that's just my opinion, I'm not trying to say if you like it your stupid. But ya are

|

1/19/2019 11:06 PM

I can tell you from a spectators standpoint seeing it firsthand, the Triple Crown is pretty awesome. I don’t want all rounds to follow this format though.

|

1/19/2019 11:07 PM

No one said you had to watch

|

1/19/2019 11:08 PM

Track sucked. There was almost no passing. The order they hit the first turn is almost the order of the finish.

|

1/19/2019 11:09 PM

Jerkolantern wrote:

And how many points did this count towards the championship? Stupid. And ten minute races are for kids on 50's ... These are ...more

Wrong, you are.

|

1/19/2019 11:12 PM

brapgod69 wrote:

No one said you had to watch

Hey, I'd watch the pro's race p dubs. And it'd be more entertaining. But seeing follow the leader, and a race where guys get hurt, for essentially nothing, just doesn't seem smart to me. Again, it's a Moto board, just giving my take on things. It seems I'm in the the minority by looking at the comments though, so hey, go for it I guess. I'm old and like the old ways-

|

1/19/2019 11:14 PM

Yeah it’s been horrible, 3 different winners in both classes. Out of the six main events there’s been three first time winners. And then tonight having 5 different winners out of 6 races......yep been a snore fest so far.......

|

1/19/2019 11:14 PM

Jerkolantern wrote:

And how many points did this count towards the championship? Stupid. And ten minute races are for kids on 50's ... These are ...more

drt410 wrote:

Wrong, you are.

How so? What's in it for the championship? I mean that's the ultimate goal isn't it? Am I wrong, do these races count towards the championship? I was under the impression they didn't.

|

1/19/2019 11:15 PM

Best thing about tonight was Baggets painting commercial

|

1/19/2019 11:16 PM

It’s weird cause outdoors I love the two moto setup, but for some reason I’m just not as into 3 moto supercross format. I’m apparently in the minority judging by early results of that poll in other post, but I just have trouble really getting all that invested in a 12 min +1 race. It just seems so short.

Not something to throw a hissy fit, and stop watching over though.

|

1/19/2019 11:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2019 12:09 AM

How many meaningful passes are made in the last 8 minutes of a standard format race? Not many. The leader checks out, people fall into position and the horse and buggy show grinds on until it ends. At least this way we get to see early lap excitement, then the running order shakes out, then we start over. Three times. People call this shit circus-cross so might as well make it entertaining

|

1/19/2019 11:28 PM

Dust601 wrote:

It’s weird cause outdoors I love the two moto setup, but for some reason I’m just not as into 3 moto supercross format. I’m ...more

There's nothing wrong with you. You probably have raced before and understand the fact that short little races don't give enough time for guys to move forward, or guys to get tired. I'm old and fat, I can ride hard for ten minutes, maybe even eleven, but tonight was certainly NOT epic racing.... The kids here need to watch bubba or something from a normal race get a bad start and go forward, tonight was one lined, hard to pass, and didn't give the guys enough time to get in the groove. It's just like every other sport, screwing around with a formula that's gotten them their success. Ever heard of Nascar? It was exciting when they had a Ford engine, a Chevy, a Dodge, the cars were different, now they all run the same shit, spec motors, body's are super close, and they're dying. Don't mess with success. Watch a 70's race, it was much more exciting. Watch the sx from Toronto in 08 I believe, that's epic.

|

1/19/2019 11:30 PM

Cantrells save was epic. I'll give ya that

|

1/19/2019 11:52 PM

zehn wrote:

How many meaningful passes are made in the last 8 minutes of a standard format race? Not many. The leader checks out, people ...more

This.

|

1/19/2019 11:54 PM

Dust601 wrote:

It’s weird cause outdoors I love the two moto setup, but for some reason I’m just not as into 3 moto supercross format. I’m ...more

Jerkolantern wrote:

There's nothing wrong with you. You probably have raced before and understand the fact that short little races don't give ...more

Yea, good thing we still have plenty of regular races for them to do just that... thats why both are great. A lot of times guys just check out so triple crown prevents that. But we still have long races for a late charge here n there. Best of both worlds.

|

1/19/2019 11:59 PM

Jerkolantern wrote:

Hey, I'd watch the pro's race p dubs. And it'd be more entertaining. But seeing follow the leader, and a race where guys get ...more

I'm with you Moto is where it's at for me. I like that a bad start isn't the end of race for a guy in moto. There was some passing tonight but I saw a whole lot of follow the leader. I also absolutely hate seeing these guys get destroyed out there. I hope Barcia is ok and Mookie has a full recovery! I'll still watch because I love dirt bikes but damn I hope the injuries stop!

|

1/20/2019 12:18 AM

My opinion is having 3 short 10 minute motos of follow the leadercross is worse than the normal circus act. But at least it still managed to take out another top rider as usual for all the crash hungry fans. Whatever it takes to grow the sport, I do not think it is working..

|

1/20/2019 12:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2019 12:24 AM

Yup cuz nobody crashes in motocross and ESPECIALLY not the GPs...

">

Its actually arguable the crashes are worse in mx. That gjaser crash above, Dungey broke his neck his only serious injury, jessy nelson paralyzed, fonseca paralyzed, coldenhoff broken neck, eli both shoulders. The speeds are higher so when you do go down you go down bad. I dont know of 1 paralyzation in an sx race. Dirt bike racing is a very very dangerous sport, lets not pretend otherwise. So is football, ufc, hockey...
|

1/20/2019 12:47 AM

drt410 wrote:

Yup cuz nobody crashes in motocross and ESPECIALLY not the GPs...

">

Its actually arguable the crashes are worse in ...more

Ya ever heard of Magoo? I think Bailey was crippled doing sx, but I may be wrong, I'm sure there's many many more. Now consider the number of rider's racing sx vs mx and I'm pretty sure sx has the title. Just counting every injury sx blows mx out of the water, not many do it, but the ones who do pay the Piper.... Supercross is too dangerous and the racing isn't that great. Remember baggets pass on et3 at Lakewood, that's racing.... I think sx can be saved, but it's going to take safety and tracks that aren't one lined.

|

1/20/2019 12:49 AM

You suck

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

1/20/2019 12:51 AM

Your a stupid baby

|

1/20/2019 1:16 AM

I love this sport and always will but good god am I sick of the constant bitching of dumbass fans. Always so much complaining and whining. I think the triple crown is a fun change of pace and is honestly better than watching the standard format. I got to watch 6 races tonight and all of them mattered and all of them had the top talent of each class racing against each other.

Oh my god... it’s just so awful.

|

1/20/2019 1:25 AM

Jerkolantern wrote:

Ya ever heard of Magoo? I think Bailey was crippled doing sx, but I may be wrong, I'm sure there's many many more. Now ...more

Bailey was outdoors.

|

1/20/2019 1:38 AM

Jerkolantern wrote:

Ya ever heard of Magoo? I think Bailey was crippled doing sx, but I may be wrong, I'm sure there's many many more. Now ...more

David Bailey's injuries happened over what was a simple bump / jump, before another jump / corner to my recollection, at, I think, a Golden State Series round. Not a big double, etc.

Magoo, after his numerous, huge risks, and some incredible crashes, got hurt doing a 'Rodeo', over a SX jump in France(?), with his arm / hand hitting / getting caught in an overhead banner, bringing him down.

We are quite delicate things, we Human Beings - that somehow, often survive the most extreme of impacts, but, also, often get seriously hurt in what appears to be innocuous incidents. My old Ortho used to say we are made for not much more than walking pace falls / impacts. He'd say, "trip over, and you get up OK, well, you've been lucky".......

Good Grief - I'm starting to believe that we are always being watched - as I'm typing this, ads come up for various Electric Wheelchairs. angry

|