This side of moto isn’t easily conveyed to non-moto people

Listen to the cheering near the end!

This Cobra died in the sight lap at Loretta’s. I heard the bike take off and could tell a coil was failing. A Cobra technician(Bret Bell) ran to the support vehicle to get a new coil. Rob Minton, Cameron Minton, Carson Minton and Brandon Dooley (Cobra dealers) dug in and started fixing the bike. I was able to hold the starting procedure up by asking for two minutes. Just as officials are saying the two minutes is up and everyone is firing their bikes up WE GOT THE BIKE RUNNING! The cheering from the other competitors in this race and the ones in the next race is something I’ll always cherish. #thisismoto #llmx

https://youtu.be/yWirEvTBqLE
|
8/9/2021 5:58pm
Very cool - the first race I took my parents to they couldn’t believe how helpful and friendly people were in the pits.

They had us in the regular sports and always eschewed motocross as a crazy person’s sport.
TeamGreen
8/9/2021 6:33pm
Yup. That’s an awesome tale.

That kind of “digging in & helping out” has always been a part of LL’s.
neverwas
Fantasy
784th
8/9/2021 7:31pm
Great story and example of how cool and helpful dirt bike people can be.
Braaaphole
8/9/2021 7:45pm
I was standing over there by the gate and didn't realize what was happening until I heard the cheering. Glad you guys got it on video.
You're right, this is one of they many things about this sport that is very difficult to explain to outsiders. We are a big family out here and want to see everyone do their best, even our competitors.

The Shop

toddw12
8/9/2021 7:56pm
I love this, moto is fuckin awesome.
4DAIVIPAI2K5
8/10/2021 5:36am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2021 7:54am
This is cobra. Honestly tell me ktm would have had that kinda support.
The Minton family is just down the road from me and are such an amazing family.
Lorettas 18, a cobra Jr wouldn't start for practice. I see this dad trying to get it working. I run over to Rob said hey this guy needs some help. This guy isn't one of the Minton cycles riders but Rob jumps right in to help the guy. He gets this thing to turn over, but it's stuck wide open. Up on the back wheel dancing in a circle with Rob tryning to hold on so it doesn't launch into the group of kids. I'm chasing after both him and the bike. He is yelling to hit the kill switch, I'm yelling I can't find it! Finally the dad yells its under the cross bar pad... I hit it after a handful of circles. Robs outta breath, I'm outta breath. We are both laughing our asses off that we just done our best dancing with the stars impression.
Rob got the bike running and the kid got to live his lorettas dream
slipdog
8/10/2021 6:33am
I saw that go down on the live feed. Was stoked for that kid to get going just in time. Well done!

Post a reply to: This side of moto isn’t easily conveyed to non-moto people

The Latest