This place....

nytsmaC
6/20/2014 4:51am
I don't get why everyone had to start their own pissgate thread to overrun the moto forum. It's mental. Maybe time to take a hiatus from this place, I like to talk/read moto but don't really GAS about this topic.
IWreckALot
6/20/2014 4:55am
I chalk this up to a no win situation for the FIM/USADA/WADA or whoever is involved. Test and you'll have people pissed at you for testing. Don't test and the other half of the population will be pissed. At least it makes it easier to make the ethical decision to test and protect the rider's health.

As for USADA, and the way this whole thing was handled along with the Armstrong fiasco, it's such a sham. USADA proved through the Armstrong deal that it could be bought off for some time which makes it highly unethical and discredible. The organization has no credibility. Despite other's opinion, I'm convinced that they could find whatever they wanted in a rider's system but they instead go for the low lying and obvious fruit because it proves that they're "actually doing something" and USADA doesn't impact any organizations top athlete. . .

Curious to hear what penalty is assessed.
Crush
6/20/2014 5:16am
IWreckALot wrote:
I chalk this up to a no win situation for the FIM/USADA/WADA or whoever is involved. Test and you'll have people pissed at you for testing...
I chalk this up to a no win situation for the FIM/USADA/WADA or whoever is involved. Test and you'll have people pissed at you for testing. Don't test and the other half of the population will be pissed. At least it makes it easier to make the ethical decision to test and protect the rider's health.

As for USADA, and the way this whole thing was handled along with the Armstrong fiasco, it's such a sham. USADA proved through the Armstrong deal that it could be bought off for some time which makes it highly unethical and discredible. The organization has no credibility. Despite other's opinion, I'm convinced that they could find whatever they wanted in a rider's system but they instead go for the low lying and obvious fruit because it proves that they're "actually doing something" and USADA doesn't impact any organizations top athlete. . .

Really tho.

Who gives a shit about people's feelings.

Do what's right. We should test so kids don't think they have to dope or take shit when they turn pro.
Outsider
6/20/2014 5:38am
Crush wrote:
How is that have anything to do with what you're talking about regarding sarcasm–the positives for cycling? If you're against it because you don't care, ok...
How is that have anything to do with what you're talking about regarding sarcasm–the positives for cycling?

If you're against it because you don't care, ok cool. But to say we shouldn't do it because it's a shit show of PR and a moot for controversy, that's just silly.

They should make EVERY effort to make sure the sport is as clean and safe and in the best sporting spirit that it can be. That means play by the rules. It was the 2nd last race of the season.
Outsider wrote:
It destroyed cycling and guys are still going to cheat man... they will just hide it better or whatever. I just don't believe in it.
oldAFI wrote:
It's not a religion you can "just not believe". This is about safety for riders and fair comp... do you "not believe" in "fairness" or "safety"?
I don't believe we need to force people to be "safe".

You can easily kill yourself with alcohol, yet you can buy as much as you want on any street corner in America.

Personal responsibility

The Shop

Crush
6/20/2014 5:41am
Dude. That's a ridiculous notion. And you know it.

We're talking about a competition... There is millions of dollars at stake, clearly human nature has shown that it cannot be trusted when it comes to the urge to gain an advantage, through an honest means or not...

Where advantages are gained through unsafe practices they're banned. I'm guessing that also includes you can't be drunk, but either way, we obviously can't rely on "personal responsibility"
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
6/20/2014 5:44am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Yeah this is going to bring out the worst in a lot of people.
GuyB wrote:
Yeah, I'd seen some gloating from a couple of RV fans. That's not necessary.
It's not just RV fans. It's the same sour pusses about anything related to Stewart.
Outsider
6/20/2014 5:51am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Yeah this is going to bring out the worst in a lot of people.
GuyB wrote:
gsxrcr28 wrote:
It's not just RV fans. It's the same sour pusses about anything related to Stewart.
I'll say this Chip, if it was RV, it would have been 100x's worse.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
6/20/2014 5:56am
GuyB wrote:
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Outsider wrote:
I disagree, but that's ok. Maybe similar.

Outside of a few people it is so predictable how hard they will push this issue.
The funny part is we don't even have all the facts yet.
IWreckALot
6/20/2014 5:57am
IWreckALot wrote:
I chalk this up to a no win situation for the FIM/USADA/WADA or whoever is involved. Test and you'll have people pissed at you for testing...

Crush wrote:
Really tho. Who gives a shit about people's feelings. Do what's right. We should test so kids don't think they have to dope or take shit...
Really tho.

Who gives a shit about people's feelings.

Do what's right. We should test so kids don't think they have to dope or take shit when they turn pro.
I absolutely agree with you.
FIREfish148
6/20/2014 6:05am
Crush wrote:
I work for a medical research institute, I'm against it. It's dangerous, it fucks with people's lives and all for what? Especially in a sport this...
I work for a medical research institute, I'm against it.

It's dangerous, it fucks with people's lives and all for what? Especially in a sport this dangerous already.

Sure cycling's reputation has taken a hit, but lots of organisations fall down amongst a controversy and rebuild better.

GSXRCR28. If it was Chad, i'd be gutted–Of course.

But I'd still be calling for the rule book to be followed–See my responses on both fuel dramas, the KW/DV pass, lasergate, RV passing under red and a bunch of other shit. I like to play by the rules.

I've not posted anything anything derogatory about James, in fact I said it sux for him, I just think if the sport wants to be taken seriously, it has to take it's rules seriously. It's not like he got caught at the first race of the first season they ever tested...
Have you dabbled with it at all? I'm curious what dosage if so? And how is it inherently dangerous if it helps you from crashing? I'm guessing that the kid isn't going to topple over from an overdose while racing... I've taken a few of em in my time and can say that it's comparable to taking a few caffeine pills.
rcm406
6/20/2014 6:11am
GuyB wrote:
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Outsider wrote:
I would have treated RV the same as James! With me, it just depends on the severity of the drug and James' intentions and if it's a hard core PED, yep, I'll have a different opinion of James. You actually surprised me outsider, I thought you would be first in line to give James a death sentence.Wink Now zook, on the other hand, he's the worst!
Crush
6/20/2014 6:12am
I've tried lots of things! I'd rather not delve into my recreational history haha... Have I taken adderall... no, don't think so, but don't think it matters either... I've definitely never done anything like roids or whatnot, never had a reason too, and definitely wouldn't. The side effects are fuckin' horrendous.

And all of that is redundant, irrelevant and absolutely besides the point. There are people arguing over whether or not it's an advantage, as if it matters cause it's not muscle building, last week people said steroids and hgh wouldn't help you twist the throttle, blah blah blah.

DOESN'T MATTER – The rules say it's not allowed.
Crush
6/20/2014 6:14am
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Outsider wrote:
rcm406 wrote:
I would have treated RV the same as James! With me, it just depends on the severity of the drug and James' intentions and if it's...
I would have treated RV the same as James! With me, it just depends on the severity of the drug and James' intentions and if it's a hard core PED, yep, I'll have a different opinion of James. You actually surprised me outsider, I thought you would be first in line to give James a death sentence.Wink Now zook, on the other hand, he's the worst!
Agree. It's about the rules, the way it's handled and the impact for the sport and it's oncoming participants for me.

There has been so many examples of shittily handled controversies in MX. It comes off as clownish and only ENCOURAGES more clown behaviour.
6/20/2014 6:22am
peelout wrote:
On the plus side I got a bj while watching National Lampoons Vacation tonight
good work....at least someones winning Smile
FroDiddy
6/20/2014 6:32am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2014 6:41am
Outsider wrote:
Is going to totally suck for a while, maybe a long while. Yeah, I'm an RV fan, but also a Stewart fan and a fan of...
Is going to totally suck for a while, maybe a long while.

Yeah, I'm an RV fan, but also a Stewart fan and a fan of the sport. I am totally against the drug testing, and this is why.

Bummer... Sad
You, Peely and several others were right.

Definitely no positives to be had from this and it's just the beginning.
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
6/20/2014 7:45am
I guess we should all walk down to the police station and turn ourselves in at this point - since drugs are against the law and everybody is such a stickler for the rules all of a sudden.

Well, everyone except those of us in the great state of Colorado.
karnivool
6/20/2014 7:59am
Ing wrote:
I'm no big fan of drug testing either. Hate to see it tarnish his career, except it probably already has to some.
his career was made by turning the throttle when others let off...nothing more...nothing to tarnish...

Post a reply to: This place....

The Latest