This place....

Outsider
6/19/2014 6:32pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2014 7:59am
Is going to totally suck for a while, maybe a long while.

Yeah, I'm an RV fan, but also a Stewart fan and a fan of the sport. I am totally against the drug testing, and this is why.

Bummer... Sad
|
Ing
6/19/2014 6:37pm
I'm no big fan of drug testing either. Hate to see it tarnish his career, except it probably already has to some.
machine
6/19/2014 6:38pm
I'm sure most of the top guys do it in reality
mx836
6/19/2014 6:40pm
Hopefully Gibby will keep it to a few threads, but everyone seems to need to start their own.
ATKpilot99
6/19/2014 6:45pm
Yeah this is going to bring out the worst in a lot of people.

The Shop

Jarid332
Fantasy
1823rd
6/19/2014 6:46pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Vital usually does.
ocscottie
6/19/2014 7:17pm
mx836 wrote:
Hopefully Gibby will keep it to a few threads, but everyone seems to need to start their own.
No shit! Get to work Gibby....oh wait....Whistling
rubarb
6/19/2014 7:19pm
Outsider wrote:
Is going to totally suck for a while, maybe a long while. Yeah, I'm an RV fan, but also a Stewart fan and a fan of...

Yeah, I'm an RV fan, but also a Stewart fan and a fan of the sport. I am totally against the drug testing, and this is why.

Bummer... Sad
It has for a long time. Went corporate facebook style, that's where the drivel, the dos, and eventually asylum came along.
CR250Rider
6/19/2014 8:27pm
Guyb attempts to maintain order ....

Deletedeletedelete
Crush
6/19/2014 8:33pm
Outsider wrote:
Is going to totally suck for a while, maybe a long while. Yeah, I'm an RV fan, but also a Stewart fan and a fan of...

Bummer... Sad
Why are you not a fan? Because someone got caught doing something outside the rules?

Don't get me wrong, if it's prescribed and proven then cool, but if testing means that theoretically the sport is clean, i'm all for the safety of kids coming up not feeling the pressure that they need to cheat to compete.

James getting caught for something he supposedly has a prescription for is nothing more than his own, and his crew's fault. By the sounds of it he could/should have lodged the TUE well ahead of the 2nd to last race of the SX season.

It might be a shit fight, but this stuff has to happen and has to be handled properly. If they reneg and do fuel gate or blockpass gate all over, then that there is a problem.
ando
6/19/2014 9:02pm
Outsider wrote:

Bummer... Sad
Crush wrote:
Why are you not a fan? Because someone got caught doing something outside the rules? Don't get me wrong, if it's prescribed and proven then cool...
Why are you not a fan? Because someone got caught doing something outside the rules?

Don't get me wrong, if it's prescribed and proven then cool, but if testing means that theoretically the sport is clean, i'm all for the safety of kids coming up not feeling the pressure that they need to cheat to compete.

James getting caught for something he supposedly has a prescription for is nothing more than his own, and his crew's fault. By the sounds of it he could/should have lodged the TUE well ahead of the 2nd to last race of the SX season.

It might be a shit fight, but this stuff has to happen and has to be handled properly. If they reneg and do fuel gate or blockpass gate all over, then that there is a problem.
Agree 100%.

I get the feeling most people who are OK with athletes taking PED's and/or against testing are missing the point; that point being that some (the majority?) of athletes would like to compete on even playing field without subjecting their bodies to the potential harmful side effects of PED's.
Outsider
6/19/2014 9:19pm
Outsider wrote:

Bummer... Sad
Crush wrote:
Why are you not a fan? Because someone got caught doing something outside the rules? Don't get me wrong, if it's prescribed and proven then cool...

Look at all the positive things it did for cycling. /sarcasm
Crush
6/19/2014 9:20pm
What positives where there when it was so rampant that cyclists were dieing from heart attacks and strokes left and right?

ando
6/19/2014 9:23pm
Outsider wrote:

Bummer... Sad
Crush wrote:

Outsider wrote:
You still don't get it.
Outsider
6/19/2014 9:28pm
Crush wrote:
What positives where there when it was so rampant that cyclists were dieing from heart attacks and strokes left and right?

I believe in personal responsibility. If it's a professional sport, ie: making money, don't test.

Amateurs, Olympics, sure.
Crush
6/19/2014 9:31pm
How is that have anything to do with what you're talking about regarding sarcasm–the positives for cycling?

If you're against it because you don't care, ok cool. But to say we shouldn't do it because it's a shit show of PR and a moot for controversy, that's just silly.

They should make EVERY effort to make sure the sport is as clean and safe and in the best sporting spirit that it can be. That means play by the rules. It was the 2nd last race of the season.
Olson
6/19/2014 9:33pm
Outsider wrote:

Bummer... Sad
Why are you against it? You do know a lot of substances are illegal to protect the athlete, right? If there were to be no testing someone would eventually take anything to win, risk them self and others around them. All substances are not medicine.
Outsider
6/19/2014 9:35pm
Crush wrote:
How is that have anything to do with what you're talking about regarding sarcasm–the positives for cycling? If you're against it because you don't care, ok...
How is that have anything to do with what you're talking about regarding sarcasm–the positives for cycling?

If you're against it because you don't care, ok cool. But to say we shouldn't do it because it's a shit show of PR and a moot for controversy, that's just silly.

They should make EVERY effort to make sure the sport is as clean and safe and in the best sporting spirit that it can be. That means play by the rules. It was the 2nd last race of the season.
It destroyed cycling and guys are still going to cheat man... they will just hide it better or whatever. I just don't believe in it.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
6/19/2014 9:36pm
Crush wrote:
How is that have anything to do with what you're talking about regarding sarcasm–the positives for cycling? If you're against it because you don't care, ok...

If this was about Chad would you be pushing this hard in every thread?
Crush
6/19/2014 9:42pm Edited Date/Time 6/19/2014 9:45pm
I work for a medical research institute, I'm against it.

It's dangerous, it fucks with people's lives and all for what? Especially in a sport this dangerous already.

Sure cycling's reputation has taken a hit, but lots of organisations fall down amongst a controversy and rebuild better.

GSXRCR28. If it was Chad, i'd be gutted–Of course.

But I'd still be calling for the rule book to be followed–See my responses on both fuel dramas, the KW/DV pass, lasergate, RV passing under red and a bunch of other shit. I like to play by the rules.

I've not posted anything anything derogatory about James, in fact I said it sux for him, I just think if the sport wants to be taken seriously, it has to take it's rules seriously. It's not like he got caught at the first race of the first season they ever tested...
peelout
6/19/2014 10:47pm
On the plus side I got a bj while watching National Lampoons Vacation tonight
JeepnMike
6/19/2014 10:50pm
peelout wrote:
On the plus side I got a bj while watching National Lampoons Vacation tonight
Did she fall asleep after her snack? Tongue
6/19/2014 10:54pm
Outsider wrote:

Bummer... Sad
Best post on here!!!
oldAFI
6/19/2014 10:55pm
Crush wrote:

Outsider wrote:
It destroyed cycling and guys are still going to cheat man... they will just hide it better or whatever. I just don't believe in it.
It's not a religion you can "just not believe". This is about safety for riders and fair comp... do you "not believe" in "fairness" or "safety"?
oldAFI
6/19/2014 10:55pm
Outsider wrote:

Bummer... Sad
Best post on here!!!
+1 for ignorance!
IceMan446
6/19/2014 11:24pm
Crush wrote:

Do you know there wasnt a TUE filed?

And fuel gate was worse.
theToothPerry
6/19/2014 11:31pm
IceMan446 wrote:

And fuel gate was worse.
This is nothing compared to fuel gate. And WADA is retarded. Ibuprofen is on the list. I just cant get over that.
Crush
6/19/2014 11:31pm
IceMan446 wrote:

And fuel gate was worse.
If there was there you'd have to assume there wouldn't be an issue. It would have been dealt with without a peep. Because it would be in the rules framework.
6/19/2014 11:34pm
That WADA prohibited list is pretty daunting, I must admit. Whew.

Yeah, I come to Vital every day but I must admit I kinda want to stay off it for a while. Too many haters and senseless people around here sometimes.
6/20/2014 1:36am
Crush wrote:

Outsider wrote:
ando wrote:
You still don't get it.

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
6/20/2014 4:36am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Yeah, I'd seen some gloating from a couple of RV fans. That's not necessary.

Post a reply to: This place....

The Latest