This place....

Related:
Create New Tag

6/19/2014 6:32 PM

Is going to totally suck for a while, maybe a long while.

Yeah, I'm an RV fan, but also a Stewart fan and a fan of the sport. I am totally against the drug testing, and this is why.

Bummer... sad

|

6/19/2014 6:37 PM

I'm no big fan of drug testing either. Hate to see it tarnish his career, except it probably already has to some.

|

The older I get, the faster I was. Posting without a cast on is fun!

6/19/2014 6:38 PM

I'm sure most of the top guys do it in reality

|

6/19/2014 6:40 PM

Hopefully Gibby will keep it to a few threads, but everyone seems to need to start their own.

|

6/19/2014 6:45 PM

Yeah this is going to bring out the worst in a lot of people.

|

6/19/2014 6:46 PM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

Yeah this is going to bring out the worst in a lot of people.

Vital usually does.

|

#SeelyNation
Twitter @JaridSavoy

6/19/2014 7:17 PM

mx836 wrote:

Hopefully Gibby will keep it to a few threads, but everyone seems to need to start their own.

No shit! Get to work Gibby....oh wait....whistling

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

6/19/2014 7:19 PM

It has for a long time. Went corporate facebook style, that's where the drivel, the dos, and eventually asylum came along.

|

6/19/2014 8:27 PM

Guyb attempts to maintain order ....

Deletedeletedelete

|

in a past life, I was myself

when opportunity knocked, it waited because I was busy

I gave my father a talking to

6/19/2014 8:33 PM

Why are you not a fan? Because someone got caught doing something outside the rules?

Don't get me wrong, if it's prescribed and proven then cool, but if testing means that theoretically the sport is clean, i'm all for the safety of kids coming up not feeling the pressure that they need to cheat to compete.

James getting caught for something he supposedly has a prescription for is nothing more than his own, and his crew's fault. By the sounds of it he could/should have lodged the TUE well ahead of the 2nd to last race of the SX season.

It might be a shit fight, but this stuff has to happen and has to be handled properly. If they reneg and do fuel gate or blockpass gate all over, then that there is a problem.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6/19/2014 9:02 PM

Crush wrote:

Why are you not a fan? Because someone got caught doing something outside the rules?

Don't get me wrong, if it's prescribed ...more

Agree 100%.

I get the feeling most people who are OK with athletes taking PED's and/or against testing are missing the point; that point being that some (the majority?) of athletes would like to compete on even playing field without subjecting their bodies to the potential harmful side effects of PED's.

|

6/19/2014 9:19 PM

Crush wrote:

Look at all the positive things it did for cycling. /sarcasm

|

6/19/2014 9:20 PM

What positives where there when it was so rampant that cyclists were dieing from heart attacks and strokes left and right?

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6/19/2014 9:23 PM

Crush wrote:

Outsider wrote:

You still don't get it.

|

6/19/2014 9:28 PM

Crush wrote:

What positives where there when it was so rampant that cyclists were dieing from heart attacks and strokes left and right?

I believe in personal responsibility. If it's a professional sport, ie: making money, don't test.

Amateurs, Olympics, sure.

|

6/19/2014 9:31 PM

How is that have anything to do with what you're talking about regarding sarcasm–the positives for cycling?

If you're against it because you don't care, ok cool. But to say we shouldn't do it because it's a shit show of PR and a moot for controversy, that's just silly.

They should make EVERY effort to make sure the sport is as clean and safe and in the best sporting spirit that it can be. That means play by the rules. It was the 2nd last race of the season.

|

Cheers, Crush

6/19/2014 9:33 PM

Why are you against it? You do know a lot of substances are illegal to protect the athlete, right? If there were to be no testing someone would eventually take anything to win, risk them self and others around them. All substances are not medicine.

|

It's rude to talk about religion. You never know who you're gonna offend

6/19/2014 9:35 PM

Crush wrote:

How is that have anything to do with what you're talking about regarding sarcasm–the positives for cycling?

If you're against ...more

It destroyed cycling and guys are still going to cheat man... they will just hide it better or whatever. I just don't believe in it.

|

6/19/2014 9:36 PM

Crush wrote:

If this was about Chad would you be pushing this hard in every thread?

|

6/19/2014 9:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/19/2014 9:45 PM

I work for a medical research institute, I'm against it.

It's dangerous, it fucks with people's lives and all for what? Especially in a sport this dangerous already.

Sure cycling's reputation has taken a hit, but lots of organisations fall down amongst a controversy and rebuild better.

GSXRCR28. If it was Chad, i'd be gutted–Of course.

But I'd still be calling for the rule book to be followed–See my responses on both fuel dramas, the KW/DV pass, lasergate, RV passing under red and a bunch of other shit. I like to play by the rules.

I've not posted anything anything derogatory about James, in fact I said it sux for him, I just think if the sport wants to be taken seriously, it has to take it's rules seriously. It's not like he got caught at the first race of the first season they ever tested...

|

Cheers, Crush

6/19/2014 10:47 PM

On the plus side I got a bj while watching National Lampoons Vacation tonight

|

6/19/2014 10:50 PM

peelout wrote:

On the plus side I got a bj while watching National Lampoons Vacation tonight

Did she fall asleep after her snack? tongue

|

6/19/2014 10:54 PM

Best post on here!!!

|

6/19/2014 10:55 PM

Crush wrote:

Outsider wrote:

It destroyed cycling and guys are still going to cheat man... they will just hide it better or whatever. I just don't believe ...more

It's not a religion you can "just not believe". This is about safety for riders and fair comp... do you "not believe" in "fairness" or "safety"?

|

“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.” ― Napoleon Bonaparte

6/19/2014 10:55 PM

pistolpete451 wrote:

Best post on here!!!

+1 for ignorance!

|

“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.” ― Napoleon Bonaparte

6/19/2014 11:24 PM

Crush wrote:

Do you know there wasnt a TUE filed?

And fuel gate was worse.

|

6/19/2014 11:31 PM

IceMan446 wrote:

And fuel gate was worse.

This is nothing compared to fuel gate. And WADA is retarded. Ibuprofen is on the list. I just cant get over that.

|

6/19/2014 11:31 PM

IceMan446 wrote:

And fuel gate was worse.

If there was there you'd have to assume there wouldn't be an issue. It would have been dealt with without a peep. Because it would be in the rules framework.

|

Cheers, Crush

6/19/2014 11:34 PM

That WADA prohibited list is pretty daunting, I must admit. Whew.

Yeah, I come to Vital every day but I must admit I kinda want to stay off it for a while. Too many haters and senseless people around here sometimes.

|

6/20/2014 1:36 AM

Crush wrote:

Outsider wrote:

ando wrote:

You still don't get it.

Photo

|