This needs to be said...

Ewan49
THANK YOU TO THE RITCHIE FAMILY!

As I am from Australia I am obviously a long way from Red Bud. I would have loved to have been there for the MXoN last weekend but some circumstances beyond my control meant that I couldn't make it. Despite the time differences I still watched live everything I could on the internet and read as much as I could via the obvious websites. And from everything I saw I would just like to take this opportunity to wholeheartedly thank Tim, Amy and the entire Ritchie family for putting on one hell of an amazing event, especially considering the very trying conditions that they had to deal with. And I am sure their father Gene would have been looking down at them with immense pride! Even though his beloved USA didn't take the win I am sure the smile on his face was no less as he watched his family do and achieve amazing things! The family managed to fulfil their father's dream and for that I say many congratulations to you! It would have been a Hurculean task just to organise and run the event under "normal" circumstances but to do what you all did under the ridiculous weather conditions on top of that was incredible and to still give the riders what was still an amazing track considering the weather was nothing short of amazing!!!

I am a massive fan of MX and although I do have some favourite riders, in the end I don't care who wins. I am just in awe of all of those guys on their bikes. What they are all able to do on the track blows me away and I have the utmost respect for each and every one of them....no matter what their name is or what country they come from! The talent and abilities on their bikes that each and every one of them has is mind boggling and just leaves me shaking my head in disbelief!

To be honest I wish there was a whole lot less of all the BS of the Tomac vs Herlings and the USA vs the Euros stuff that has overtaken Vital the last few days. In the end who cares who is faster or better. Let's just appreciate all of their talents and abilities and what they can do on their bikes. And let's just be grateful that they are around when we are so we can get to witness what they can do. Instead of all of that BS I wish I would have been able to read people's thoughts and appreciations of the Ritchie family and what they did and achieved.

I haven't seen anything posted from anybody yet (and if I'm wrong then I do apologise to those people) about thanking the Ritchie family. I think this is very sad! So again I would like to take this opportunity to say the biggest thank you to Tim, Amy and the entire Ritchie family for one hell of an amazing event and for giving not just me, but all of us MX loving fans all over the world a hell of alot of amazing memories! Thank you!!!

Remember, without incredible people like the Ritchie family, we wouldn't have somewhere to watch our beloved MX!
|
ledger
10/8/2018 10:58pm
Absolutely agree, can't think of any other track that could pull off an exciting race with that amount of rain. That was hardcore MX at it's finest. Props to everyone that made it happen.
robkinuk
10/9/2018 2:41am
Top post, I sent an email to Amy and Tim expressing heartfelt congratulations for a job well done!
ctbale
10/9/2018 2:45am Edited Date/Time 10/9/2018 2:46am
yea, but if it was dry, and ET got a better start, he would have taken it to JH84

:}

The Shop

Jrewing
10/9/2018 2:53am
Nice post. That track was a mans track and the team there was stellar in serving that as a racetrack. So many great dicing all through the 3 races.

Post a reply to: This needs to be said...

The Latest