This kid has no quit

yak651
6/22/2022 4:46pm
Amazing this kid is still riding yet ling up for pro nationals. Best of luck to Carter

https://racerxonline.com/2022/06/22/privateer-profile-carter-biese?utm_…
|
T-Fish
6/22/2022 6:14pm
He’s doing great, but he should hang up the helmet for his own safety.
Mr. Afterbar
6/22/2022 6:21pm
He’s been doing great so far. Awesome to have another D16 boy out there to root for.
6/22/2022 7:25pm
T-Fish wrote:
I hate when people tell someone else what they should do. You earned my downvote.
romain524
6/22/2022 10:04pm
I’m surprised Yamaha never did anything for their timing chain!
I hear so many of them snapping, especially on mid engines. Some friends are replacing them every 5 to 10 hours just in case.

The Shop

Rickyisms
6/23/2022 4:35am
That kids a beast! Him and his brother Jordan seem like great kids to have coming through the sport. Jordan is a great follow on Instagram.
DoctorJD
6/23/2022 5:08am
T-Fish wrote:
I hate when people tell someone else what they should do. You earned my downvote.
I agree with him. The kid can do what he wants, it's his life, but personally, if I'd dodged all those bullets, I wouldn't tempt fate any longer. I love moto, but it's not worth dying over. Anyone want to debate that last line?
c0ncEpT
6/23/2022 6:09am
I saw him on mini's at the Baja Brawl a few years back. He was absolutely ripping. I always wondered what happened to him.
Payup_199
6/23/2022 8:34am
Such a good kid and family. Best of luck to him. Really hoping he scores a couple points this rookie season and can get some kind of support team deal. What an accomplishment so far already though!!
Mr. Afterbar
6/23/2022 8:36am
DoctorJD wrote:
I agree with him. The kid can do what he wants, it's his life, but personally, if I'd dodged all those bullets, I wouldn't tempt fate...
I agree with him. The kid can do what he wants, it's his life, but personally, if I'd dodged all those bullets, I wouldn't tempt fate any longer. I love moto, but it's not worth dying over. Anyone want to debate that last line?
The Functional Neurology Center probably knows a bit more on the topic than anyone on Vital. I’d imagine he wouldn’t be riding if they told him it’s not safe to do so. I understand stopping on one hand, but if he’s fully healthy again and feels like racing, then I see no reason to not do so. His last two injuries were due to bike malfunctions that weren’t due to a lack of maintenance by the sound of it. Wishing nothing but the best for him.
Payup_199
6/23/2022 8:40am Edited Date/Time 6/23/2022 8:40am
he was on the MotoX Pod show Tuesday: have a listen at the 58 minutes mark for his incredible comeback story and how its been going so far as a rookie.

Cygrace74
6/23/2022 9:28am
DoctorJD wrote:
I agree with him. The kid can do what he wants, it's his life, but personally, if I'd dodged all those bullets, I wouldn't tempt fate...
Moto is worth to a person whatever they value it at, the same a fisherman that goes into a storm. People have the right to do what they are passionate about to whatever point they think it is fulfilling. It’s not like the kid rides like Hampshire and is ragdolling at every race, he’s had bad luck with a known defective part that has got multiple people hurt.
piscokid
6/23/2022 10:47am
My son and I camped next to his family at LL last year. Great family and both Jordan and Carter were great guys to be around for the week!
RacerX8
6/23/2022 12:33pm
T-Fish wrote:
Have you ever looked into motivational speaking?
T-Fish
6/23/2022 5:05pm
Cygrace74 wrote:
Moto is worth to a person whatever they value it at, the same a fisherman that goes into a storm. People have the right to do...
Moto is worth to a person whatever they value it at, the same a fisherman that goes into a storm. People have the right to do what they are passionate about to whatever point they think it is fulfilling. It’s not like the kid rides like Hampshire and is ragdolling at every race, he’s had bad luck with a known defective part that has got multiple people hurt.
He may not ragdoll at every race, but he hasn’t had the best of luck. He just broke his collarbone and t5-t7 less than two months ago, which was just a couple of months after he got back on the bike.

You folks are more than welcome to dislike my comments and opinions, it doesn’t bother me. What bothers me is that he’s still very young and has his whole life ahead of him. If I remember right, there was a time they didn’t know if he’d make it. Of course my opinion doesn’t matter, and it’s fine that it doesn’t. I want Carter to live a long and healthy life, that’s all. I hope he does excellent in the races he does, please don’t question that. I’m just as excited as the next guy that a d16 local is getting solid results at the professional level. It’s just my opinion that he should look forward to the next chapter in life and not tempt fate.
HD1200
6/23/2022 6:32pm
T-Fish wrote:
DoctorJD wrote:
Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, nothing to debate.
hubbardmx50
6/23/2022 6:50pm
romain524 wrote:
I’m surprised Yamaha never did anything for their timing chain! I hear so many of them snapping, especially on mid engines. Some friends are replacing them...
I’m surprised Yamaha never did anything for their timing chain!
I hear so many of them snapping, especially on mid engines. Some friends are replacing them every 5 to 10 hours just in case.
Didn't they change it for 2021? Is that why he crashed? I didn't read the article.
romain524
6/24/2022 3:46pm
Didn't they change it for 2021? Is that why he crashed? I didn't read the article.
I did hear something about that, I can’t fully confirm but I’m friend with some top amateur’s mechanics and they change the timing chain roughly once a week/5h.
PFitzG38
6/24/2022 9:34pm
DoctorJD wrote:
If it wasn’t worth dying for, nobody would ride. Everytime you get on a bike you can kill yourself.
6/25/2022 11:10am
Cygrace74 wrote:
Moto is worth to a person whatever they value it at, the same a fisherman that goes into a storm. People have the right to do...
T-Fish wrote:
He may not ragdoll at every race, but he hasn’t had the best of luck. He just broke his collarbone and t5-t7 less than two months...
He may not ragdoll at every race, but he hasn’t had the best of luck. He just broke his collarbone and t5-t7 less than two months ago, which was just a couple of months after he got back on the bike.

You folks are more than welcome to dislike my comments and opinions, it doesn’t bother me. What bothers me is that he’s still very young and has his whole life ahead of him. If I remember right, there was a time they didn’t know if he’d make it. Of course my opinion doesn’t matter, and it’s fine that it doesn’t. I want Carter to live a long and healthy life, that’s all. I hope he does excellent in the races he does, please don’t question that. I’m just as excited as the next guy that a d16 local is getting solid results at the professional level. It’s just my opinion that he should look forward to the next chapter in life and not tempt fate.
I say go for it now. The dr,s know what there doing and they cleared him to race. It’s unfortunate that he got injured again but it’s not because of his riding it was the bike. The whole family is hardcore Mx where very Lucky to hv his Dad as a promoter. I broke 4 vertebrates and a few other major injuries on the hhg rig that’s just a crappy job. I see less chance of really serious injury or death riding a bike. Compared to trucking guys r killed at high rate. Sad the injuries could effect his best results . But he,s going for it and I would too if I was young. I hv a lot of retired pals at the y, none of them can do much at 70.

Pit Row

jbrow125
6/25/2022 12:58pm Edited Date/Time 6/25/2022 1:00pm
DoctorJD wrote:
My uncle died at 43 years old, riding a snowmobile in Michigan U.P. He was a great person, crazy on anything he put a leg over, and good at it. People said he died doing what he loved. I was young 20's at the time, and didn't care that he was doing what he loved. Now I'm 4 years older than he'll ever be. He missed his son's and daughters weddings, three grandkids, seeing his son become so successful when the family business dropped on his shoulders at such a young age.

I'm not debating your last point. I sometimes just don't know how to correlate do what makes you happy, live each day as it's your last, and etc. I struggle often with what I will allow myself to do, what's it worth. I have a couple people I wish to see their future, so that balances the scale most days. Some days nothing balances. Then I hope the saying "I'd rather be lucky, than good.." comes into play Smile

Tell your people you love them on your way out the door. B/C be it riding, driving, working, we may not make it back.
RCMXracing
6/25/2022 2:43pm
Motocross riders live life more in a year than most do in a lifetime. It’s all relative. We might think a Mountain Climber is out of his gourd, but not my business to tell him how to live or die.

You take a calculated risk and only the individual can determine what that level of risk is. Never understand judging others choices unless a danger to others.

Post a reply to: This kid has no quit

The Latest

The Latest