This is what e-bike racing sound like

muente22
7/20/2019 4:45pm
it's not motocross but moto gp sound is amazing as well. and the pictures are the same but without the sound.
Don't know what to think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ms8pFuJG5o
|
wwdiii
7/20/2019 5:12pm
I still like to smell that old Castrol Bean oil.
BMSOBx2
7/20/2019 5:28pm
Sounds like my grandmother's Singer sewing machine.
OldYZRider1
7/20/2019 5:37pm
I watched that race on TV. I thought it was pretty cool. Watching them smoke the tire out of the corner reminded me of the the old 500 two stroke era especially when Schwantz was riding.

Those bikes actually had slower lap times than the Moto3 bikes though. I guess the bikes are just production bike though and may not be significantly modified.

The Shop

BikeGuy321
7/20/2019 5:54pm
Bad for pro racing. Great for racing in your backyard.
dimetime
7/20/2019 5:58pm
Good god l hate that shit. That was almost as bad as that lame ass formula e car that could barely spin a donut while souding like a little girls barbie jeep powerwheel.
ATKpilot99
7/20/2019 6:06pm
As time goes on that may become the norm . But I personally want to hear the sound of internal combustion engines.
slipdog
7/20/2019 6:32pm
Racing is racing to me
VRR7
7/20/2019 6:41pm
The character of the power delivery is where the feeling of racing is going to lose. 2 Strokes are popular because they are light and have a distinct power band character of power delivery. 4 strokes tend to be heavier and have less power band character though they still do. Electric bikes are even heavier still and the motors have a very torquey feel and no power band character very linear and the gearlessness reduces the effect even more. So it is like opposite Comes and strong and signs off slightly , compared to comes on and becomes strong .... Heavy and Light. Long and short. E motors can put out good power just the character is way different.

How many laps did they do ? 3 ? And then flat battery recharge ? How much do these bikes cost compared to the petrol equivalent , which is a big factor toward success of the sport. cheque book racing ... E vehicles is like Foie gras for humans!

If I compare taking my sons RC battery car for a ride with 1 spare battery we get 15mins x 2 to play with the car then long wait to recharge, at recharge the boredom wins and we give up and go home only to realize it is not worth the effort for the result! With a fuel RC car it is a whole day event. Fuel and ride when you want not "once it is charged" we can go again..

Adventure riding on an E-bike will be a real Charging adventure :-(
7/20/2019 6:42pm
They could atleast use a playing card and clothes peg in the spokes!
Dropbear
7/20/2019 8:36pm
Better keep your classic and current ICE bikes. They will be collectors items in the not too distant future,
Zacka 161
Fantasy
1856th
7/20/2019 11:31pm
VRR7 wrote:
The character of the power delivery is where the feeling of racing is going to lose. 2 Strokes are popular because they are light and have...
The character of the power delivery is where the feeling of racing is going to lose. 2 Strokes are popular because they are light and have a distinct power band character of power delivery. 4 strokes tend to be heavier and have less power band character though they still do. Electric bikes are even heavier still and the motors have a very torquey feel and no power band character very linear and the gearlessness reduces the effect even more. So it is like opposite Comes and strong and signs off slightly , compared to comes on and becomes strong .... Heavy and Light. Long and short. E motors can put out good power just the character is way different.

How many laps did they do ? 3 ? And then flat battery recharge ? How much do these bikes cost compared to the petrol equivalent , which is a big factor toward success of the sport. cheque book racing ... E vehicles is like Foie gras for humans!

If I compare taking my sons RC battery car for a ride with 1 spare battery we get 15mins x 2 to play with the car then long wait to recharge, at recharge the boredom wins and we give up and go home only to realize it is not worth the effort for the result! With a fuel RC car it is a whole day event. Fuel and ride when you want not "once it is charged" we can go again..

Adventure riding on an E-bike will be a real Charging adventure :-(
Get 4 batteries for your RC car, set up a charger and you can go all day with no on going fuel costs, minimal maintainence and they are better in every conceivable way except for sound... that’s it but other every single way they are better than nitro rc cars. So really that’s just poor planning on your part not the fault of electric.

Zacka 161
Fantasy
1856th
7/20/2019 11:37pm
dimetime wrote:
Good god l hate that shit. That was almost as bad as that lame ass formula e car that could barely spin a donut while souding...
Good god l hate that shit. That was almost as bad as that lame ass formula e car that could barely spin a donut while souding like a little girls barbie jeep powerwheel.
In the 70s/80s nobody thought a four stroke could race mx competitively and then they started getting holeshots in 500 gps.... and now here we are. They aren’t nearly as fast as gas moto gp bikes... yet. Formula 1 is hybrid and although they don’t sound as cool they are faster than they have ever been.

A Tesla passenger car will beat almost any supercar in a drag race. Literally destroying million dollar Supercars and It’s electric. Sure it’s not the cheapest car in the world but if you haven’t cottoned on, electric is getting cheaper in spite of the political influence they keep buying big oil is slowly losing its control... electric is the future

If drag racing went electric they might actually start gaining viewer - ditto for NASCAR as well.

Turn some music on if the sound makes you feel emasculated.
7/21/2019 12:14am
Pro BMX and MTB is exciting to spectate. Pedal power. Watching the rider and the bike.
Motocross is not asphalt slot car racing, completely different.
Electric MX bikes will bring the sport back to the suburbs. Stadiums will sound different, crowd participation will be bigger...?
Dropbear
7/21/2019 3:11am
As it will have to be a seperate class to start with, like at the IOM, it will be easy to gauge the interest. I’m sure there will be plenty. Still a ways off for MX though.
7/21/2019 4:44am
My problem with cars & bikes going electric is :

The amount of damage it causes to the earth digging for lithium & they still have to use massive diesel powered diggers & dumpers to extract it.

What happens to the batteries once their life cycle is over?

Surely more power stations need to be built to compensate for the extra power needed to charging.

How much will it cost to have a charging station at your home, if it’s even possible?

I see that it’s moving the pollution problem in a different way.
7/21/2019 7:53am
Your last sentence made me chuckle, considering the USA is the 2nd biggest pollutant in the world.
nytsmaC
7/21/2019 11:40am
slipdog wrote:
Racing is racing to me
Zactly. I didn’t miss the noise, it was fun to watch.
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
7/21/2019 3:35pm
4-strokes sound like shit, so if we can't have 2-strokes, I don't mind the sound of e-bikes.
Dropbear
7/21/2019 6:12pm
Might sound like this:

“Get out the fuckin’ way, squid!”

“Fuck you”
SEEMEFIRST
7/21/2019 6:28pm
Dropbear wrote:
Might sound like this:

“Get out the fuckin’ way, squid!”

“Fuck you”
Ha!

Or, "OH SHIT"!!
SEEMEFIRST
7/21/2019 6:32pm
E-bike closed caption in the woods would be "Shit" for the entire race.
MX558
7/22/2019 5:15am
I'm all for the e bikes . We would have tracks all over the place . I hate having to drive a minimum of an hour to ride .
gt80rider
7/22/2019 7:12am
Zacka 161 wrote:
Get 4 batteries for your RC car, set up a charger and you can go all day with no on going fuel costs, minimal maintainence and...
Get 4 batteries for your RC car, set up a charger and you can go all day with no on going fuel costs, minimal maintainence and they are better in every conceivable way except for sound... that’s it but other every single way they are better than nitro rc cars. So really that’s just poor planning on your part not the fault of electric.

LOL...

So what you are saying is in the case of moto........ is to buy 4 packs for your bike??? Have you priced battery packs for an MC or full sized car lately??? Ya, a weeee tiny bit more than your average 3S MaxAmps pack..............

Post a reply to: This is what e-bike racing sound like

The Latest