Dylan Ferrandis is paid to win.

Nerd
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2020 9:01pm
Maybe some of y’all would spend $50-100 a seat to watch charm competitions.

Maybe you’d spend $30 for parking to watch a stranger’s cotillion.

Maybe you’d spend $9 a beer to root on your favorite racer as they try for a “Best Manners” honor badge for their sash.

Maybe you’d sit in the cold, and then in traffic, to watch time trials.

Maybe, if you were hiring racers, you’d spend a half-million bucks on the most considerate one.

But I wouldn’t.

And frankly, I think if it were the French guy on the outside, the rage over this incident would a fraction of what it is now.

Christian Craig is a good dude, a family man, and a really good racer, and I think he should’ve known better than to go wide like that (first mistake) and then attempt to race Dylan Ferrandis to the corner exit instead of chopping the throttle to dive back under him as he should have. All block passes end up looking similar to this if the racer being blocked refuses to let off the gas.

Aggressive racing is what this sport needs. We don’t know the names Damon Bradshaw, Jeff Matiasevich, Ricky Johnson, Ricky Carmichael, Bob Hannah, James Stewart, Kevin Windham, Cooper Webb, Eli Tomac, Roger DeCoster, Ryan Villopoto, or even Christian Craig, because they are/were polite.

|
TXDirt
1/20/2020 1:24pm
It’s not show friends. It’s show business.

The Shop

vdrsnk04
Fantasy
4318th
1/20/2020 1:34pm
If Dylan does not crash while taking Craig out. It's a whole different story. This thread is dumb,
Nerd
1/20/2020 1:54pm
vdrsnk04 wrote:
If Dylan does not crash while taking Craig out. It's a whole different story. This thread is dumb,
How is it different?

Any time someone attempts a block-pass on another racer, and the other racer doesn’t let off the gas, you end up with something like this and both often go down.
mxman
1/20/2020 1:58pm
This isn't Rollerball......
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
1/20/2020 2:06pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2020 2:30pm
SoCalMX70 wrote:
Look who crawled out of their hole.
Now I wish he would go back in it
Sad part is I agree with Nerd, so now I am gonna go punch myself in the face.
Zaugg
1/20/2020 2:12pm
vdrsnk04 wrote:
Nerd wrote:
How is it different? Any time someone attempts a block-pass on another racer, and the other racer doesn’t let off the gas, you end up with...
How is it different?

Any time someone attempts a block-pass on another racer, and the other racer doesn’t let off the gas, you end up with something like this and both often go down.
So what you're saying is that it's ok to be out of control to the point of taking yourself and the guy you're passing out? You have a dizzying intellect.

Dude was out of control. He admitted as much. It's not a pass if you're both on the ground.

Block passes are part of the sport but all those names you named, they all matured and try to make clean passes so they don't end up on the ground, don't loose position, and don't have to watch their back.

If you want to watch people smash into each other, watch demolition derby or MMA. Motorcycle racing is dangerous as it is.

Your entertainment is second to rider safety.

oldblood
1/20/2020 2:21pm
Okay.

But what about the setup on Eli's bike? That's the real story.
JB 19
1/20/2020 2:26pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2020 2:26pm
Rail the wide lines, and race like you're practicing and this is the type of stuff that happens. The guy on the blue bike came to race.

Watch Cooper Webb when he's protecting his position. He rides tight low lines. Works the middle to inside of the track. RACING seems to have become a lost art. ......Racing and riding, they're completely different.
Nerd
1/20/2020 2:26pm
Today, nobody cares who these guys are. Especially that loser #70. People who ride like this should be fined and punished, and maybe even booted from the sport altogether.

I’m glad that #70 guy isn’t involved in the sport anymore. Can you imagine how awful it would be? I can’t!
Nerd
1/20/2020 2:32pm
vdrsnk04 wrote:
Nerd wrote:
How is it different? Any time someone attempts a block-pass on another racer, and the other racer doesn’t let off the gas, you end up with...
How is it different?

Zaugg wrote:
So what you're saying is that it's ok to be out of control to the point of taking yourself and the guy you're passing out? You...
So what you're saying is that it's ok to be out of control to the point of taking yourself and the guy you're passing out? You have a dizzying intellect.

Dude was out of control. He admitted as much. It's not a pass if you're both on the ground.

Block passes are part of the sport but all those names you named, they all matured and try to make clean passes so they don't end up on the ground, don't loose position, and don't have to watch their back.

If you want to watch people smash into each other, watch demolition derby or MMA. Motorcycle racing is dangerous as it is.

Your entertainment is second to rider safety.

Corner contact is almost never a “rider safety” issue. Crossing over in the air, drifting across in whoops, and things like that are really bad. But if you leave a door open in a turn, you’d better be prepared for somebody to come through it.

And what Ferrandis said/meant is that Craig must not have heard or seen him (I think Craig definitely did hear *and* see Ferrandis), and Ferrandis was sliding out because Craig wasn’t letting off. Ferrandis fell because Craig forced the issue and Ferrandis was already committed, so Ferrandis had to carry more speed farther into the turn than he anticipated in his attempt to take Craig’s line away.
Question
1/20/2020 2:33pm

Good post, but why not posting it in the Ferrandis thread ?

At least the only positive thing is Ferrandis counts for half of the clicks this week Smile but as a reader it is a bit painful (and impossible) to go through each thread Wink
TDeath21
1/20/2020 2:33pm
vdrsnk04 wrote:
Nerd wrote:
How is it different?

This situation is a little different but what you say here is true. Every single block pass ever made could end up with both guys on the ground if the guy getting blocked doesn’t let up. Stewart was notorious for this way of riding. He just had the mentality that we are both crashing if you try to block me and that’s what would happen. Malcolm is the same way. Remember the Anderson incident on 250s and the Daytona incident with Barcia.
Nerd
1/20/2020 2:39pm
TDeath21 wrote:
This situation is a little different but what you say here is true. Every single block pass ever made could end up with both guys on...
This situation is a little different but what you say here is true. Every single block pass ever made could end up with both guys on the ground if the guy getting blocked doesn’t let up. Stewart was notorious for this way of riding. He just had the mentality that we are both crashing if you try to block me and that’s what would happen. Malcolm is the same way. Remember the Anderson incident on 250s and the Daytona incident with Barcia.
Yep. It’s a choice. Normally, if the guy behind is clearly faster and has the inside, the guy on the outside checks up. But not always. And when they don’t check up, it doesn’t make a lot of sense to blame the crash on the faster guy on the inside...
SX-Andy
1/20/2020 2:41pm
Agree with you that it’s a racing incident, he went wrong soon as he left the inside open on a fast 90 turn. Disagree that it’s even possible for CC to shut off and chop under DF.
Fast corner like that they are both committed early on in the corner, it was only going one way from there.
kkawboy14
1/20/2020 2:41pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2020 2:43pm
SoCalMX70 wrote:
Look who crawled out of their hole.
Nerd is here it’s just under another user name!

I have no problem with what Ferandis did.

But in all seriousness he slammed the local kid on a local TLD bike, he’s gonna get booed!
kkawboy14
1/20/2020 2:43pm
TDeath21 wrote:
This situation is a little different but what you say here is true. Every single block pass ever made could end up with both guys on...
Nerd wrote:
Yep. It’s a choice. Normally, if the guy behind is clearly faster and has the inside, the guy on the outside checks up. But not always...
Yep. It’s a choice. Normally, if the guy behind is clearly faster and has the inside, the guy on the outside checks up. But not always. And when they don’t check up, it doesn’t make a lot of sense to blame the crash on the faster guy on the inside...
True!
SX-Andy
1/20/2020 2:43pm
Look at the traffic/posts/comments on the incident both here and other forms of social media........and people keep asking ‘how do we grow the sport?’
Nerd
1/20/2020 2:45pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Nerd is here it’s just under another user name! I have no problem with what Ferandis did. But in all seriousness he slammed the local kid...

But in all seriousness he slammed the local kid on a local TLD bike, he’s gonna get booed!
GuyB, am I on here under any other usernames?
kkawboy14
1/20/2020 2:45pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Nerd is here it’s just under another user name! I have no problem with what Ferandis did. But in all seriousness he slammed the local kid...

Nerd wrote:
GuyB, am I on here under any other usernames?
I was kidding!
GIwasB4
1/20/2020 2:46pm
Nerd wrote:
Today, nobody cares who these guys are. Especially that loser #70. People who ride like this should be fined and punished, and maybe even booted from...
Today, nobody cares who these guys are. Especially that loser #70. People who ride like this should be fined and punished, and maybe even booted from the sport altogether.

I’m glad that #70 guy isn’t involved in the sport anymore. Can you imagine how awful it would be? I can’t!
Right on Word, I mean Nerd. What's up?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/20/2020 2:46pm
David Bailey sent me this pic earlier today. It's pretty amazing how similar it is to the one of Dylan and Christian (yes, I know there are also differences).

bh84
Fantasy
1761st
1/20/2020 2:47pm
Nerd wrote:
Corner contact is almost never a “rider safety” issue. Crossing over in the air, drifting across in whoops, and things like that are really bad. But...
Corner contact is almost never a “rider safety” issue. Crossing over in the air, drifting across in whoops, and things like that are really bad. But if you leave a door open in a turn, you’d better be prepared for somebody to come through it.

And what Ferrandis said/meant is that Craig must not have heard or seen him (I think Craig definitely did hear *and* see Ferrandis), and Ferrandis was sliding out because Craig wasn’t letting off. Ferrandis fell because Craig forced the issue and Ferrandis was already committed, so Ferrandis had to carry more speed farther into the turn than he anticipated in his attempt to take Craig’s line away.
What kind of galaxy brain type thinking does one have to possess to see that crash and go "yeah, that's Cristian Craig's fault for sure"
kkawboy14
1/20/2020 2:49pm
Nerd wrote:
Corner contact is almost never a “rider safety” issue. Crossing over in the air, drifting across in whoops, and things like that are really bad. But...

bh84 wrote:
What kind of galaxy brain type thinking does one have to possess to see that crash and go "yeah, that's Cristian Craig's fault for sure"
He’s not saying it’s CCs fault he’s saying, he did have a choice!

All of these guys are very aware of who’s coming!
Question
1/20/2020 2:50pm
SX-Andy wrote:
Look at the traffic/posts/comments on the incident both here and other forms of social media........and people keep asking ‘how do we grow the sport?’

No doubt this action will get broadcasted 50 times this year Wink

It is usually actions like that that take all the light during the commercial teasers and season recaps.
GIwasB4
1/20/2020 2:51pm
GuyB wrote:
David Bailey sent me this pic earlier today. It's pretty amazing how similar it is to the one of Dylan and Christian (yes, I know there...
David Bailey sent me this pic earlier today. It's pretty amazing how similar it is to the one of Dylan and Christian (yes, I know there are also differences).

Rubbing is racing.
FREE NEWMANN!!
oldblood
1/20/2020 2:54pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2020 2:58pm
So does Matthes agree with Nerd on this one?

Post a reply to: Dylan Ferrandis is paid to win.

The Latest