This has got to be a tough pill to swallow from Stewart.

Hank_Thrill
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 4:41pm
We've seen Stewart ride "smart" before, but only while wrapping up a championship. Point is, the guy hasn't lost too many times before in his career (life), so even though he's coming off an injury, this experience of losing is going to feel very foreign to him internally/mentally (Remember: he has practically gone his ENTIRE LIFE winning, and stomping everyone's ass, unless crashing, or racing RC outdoors). In a sport as mental as motocross, it's got to be a tough pill to swallow losing to Dungey.

Well, crap, as I type this Jeff Emig is basically talking exactly what I'm typing about. Anyways, this post race interview should be interesting. If I had to guess, it might be after his High Point 2005 moto #1 loss against RC (I doubt he will be that ego-shook, but it's probably gonna shake him a little bit).

Still However, there's another moto left and he has a chance to wrap up the overall.

P.S., I'm so glad James is racing.This was the most exciting race I've experienced in a while; it feels like Christmas.
|
FlaNard
8/14/2010 2:49pm Edited Date/Time 8/14/2010 2:50pm
I have been saying that his heart isnt in Motocross anymore and that he already has a foot out the door. I still feel that way, but he does have reason to feel good about today if he does actually still want to be the champ in the future. He showed that he still has the raw speed by being the fastest qualifier, and I dont think anyone expected his fitness to be all that good this soon. Sure, he might have figured that the last time he rode outdoors he went unbeaten and could just walk out and wax everyone, but he should take away from the race that all he needs to do is bring his fitness back to where it needs to be, and set his bike up better and he will be fighting for wins.
ST Anmore
8/14/2010 2:54pm Edited Date/Time 8/14/2010 2:56pm
FlaNard wrote:
I have been saying that his heart isnt in Motocross anymore and that he already has a foot out the door. I still feel that way...
I have been saying that his heart isnt in Motocross anymore and that he already has a foot out the door. I still feel that way, but he does have reason to feel good about today if he does actually still want to be the champ in the future. He showed that he still has the raw speed by being the fastest qualifier, and I dont think anyone expected his fitness to be all that good this soon. Sure, he might have figured that the last time he rode outdoors he went unbeaten and could just walk out and wax everyone, but he should take away from the race that all he needs to do is bring his fitness back to where it needs to be, and set his bike up better and he will be fighting for wins.
K-Dub wasn't bad after starting mid season, maybe JS simply didn't have the race pace? But he certainly was a sulky baby when he knew he couldn't keep up! Raw speed... qualifiers mean sweet fa? 3rd fastest lap in moto 1, he couldn't have been tired all moto, maybe the competition has stepped up?
FlaNard
8/14/2010 2:57pm
FlaNard wrote:
I have been saying that his heart isnt in Motocross anymore and that he already has a foot out the door. I still feel that way...
ST Anmore wrote:
K-Dub wasn't bad after starting mid season, maybe JS simply didn't have the race pace? But he certainly was a sulky baby when he knew he...
K-Dub wasn't bad after starting mid season, maybe JS simply didn't have the race pace? But he certainly was a sulky baby when he knew he couldn't keep up! Raw speed... qualifiers mean sweet fa? 3rd fastest lap in moto 1, he couldn't have been tired all moto, maybe the competition has stepped up?
Kevin did drop anchor badly his first race back though. And that was while he had been training for a marathon. Maybe James will look better next round? I dont know. My feeling is he wont race any more of them and will just wait until Supercross starts.

The Shop

GIwasB4
8/14/2010 2:57pm
Tougher for Big Lenny and MX7MX
TeamGreen
8/14/2010 3:02pm
GIwasB4 wrote:
How do ya think they're gonna re-act when he pulls out of the rest of the series?

I'm jus' sayin'...
prozach
8/14/2010 3:06pm
He has two weeks to get ready for Southwick. You will see a different JS7 there. The guy has been off the bike for a long time and had a serious wrist injury that sometimes people don't come back from. By the end of the season he will be right up there with Dungey if he still races the rest of the races.

That was not the normal JS out there today. Hopefully that lighted a bit of a fire under his ass.
ST Anmore
8/14/2010 3:14pm Edited Date/Time 8/14/2010 3:16pm
FlaNard wrote:
ST Anmore wrote:
K-Dub wasn't bad after starting mid season, maybe JS simply didn't have the race pace? But he certainly was a sulky baby when he knew he...
FlaNard wrote:
Kevin did drop anchor badly his first race back though. And that was while he had been training for a marathon. Maybe James will look better...
Kevin did drop anchor badly his first race back though. And that was while he had been training for a marathon. Maybe James will look better next round? I dont know. My feeling is he wont race any more of them and will just wait until Supercross starts.
5-4 result for K-Dub for first ride back... not bad considering nobody expected him to be there! I doubt JS will return for the remainder of the Nats, he would gain fans respect if he did imo after being a sulky susan!
Motodude
8/14/2010 4:15pm
3rd was a great result first time back after a long layoff..whats he whinning about?? epic fail
Team Euro
8/14/2010 4:17pm
He should of just settled into the history books and remained the dreams and hopes of the Americans as the " Best rider there ever was". He could of pulled off a season or two more with the rumor mill grinding out his return to racing and he would be rated as one of the greatest and fastest non riding American riders along with RV etc...Even the non-riding fastest bestest heroest American riders can still earn a nice living by having a extended comeback career as a job.
grimey
8/14/2010 4:29pm
Bubba will be back, just to get a win or a few. C'mon dont lie, u know u wanna see the dunge get scrub passed for an epic JS return... I can see it now, its glorious! haha
broman64
8/14/2010 4:32pm
Team Euro wrote:
He should of just settled into the history books and remained the dreams and hopes of the Americans as the " Best rider there ever was"...
He should of just settled into the history books and remained the dreams and hopes of the Americans as the " Best rider there ever was". He could of pulled off a season or two more with the rumor mill grinding out his return to racing and he would be rated as one of the greatest and fastest non riding American riders along with RV etc...Even the non-riding fastest bestest heroest American riders can still earn a nice living by having a extended comeback career as a job.
What a selfish outlook, and stupid insight... You must be a chump...

BMan-
TeamGreen
8/14/2010 4:36pm
grimey wrote:
Bubba will be back, just to get a win or a few. C'mon dont lie, u know u wanna see the dunge get scrub passed for...
Bubba will be back, just to get a win or a few. C'mon dont lie, u know u wanna see the dunge get scrub passed for an epic JS return... I can see it now, its glorious! haha
I'm of the opinion that Dungey ain't the "Boss"...

He's the "Predator".

Even if Stewart hleshots: RD will hunt him down.

Now, let James have a few months to get back to 100% and we'l see how the SX season goes.

it's funny, really, how everyone forgets how A1 started out this year...Stewart spent the whole race goin' after Dungey...and finally got him in the end.

Now, everyone seems to think that JS7 is jus' gonna pick up where he left off: Good luck with that.

JS7 -IS- FAST.

But, so is RD5.
broman64
8/14/2010 4:54pm
I've never seen, or, read so much hate... Some call it pride... I call it what it is, selfish intent...
Desalle rode awesome, he is a motocross racer... He adapted and conquered... He was much more entertaining to watch than that hyped JS7 crap... I couldn't wait to plug in and watch the races at Unadilla... I was pleasantly surprised at what I saw, such as a race I saw in 2000 in the 125s Pastrana and Narita... I think Suzuki orchestrated that one too... It was awesome to see... Pastrana did prevail that day, but Narita made it close and even more, of a must see event... Ryan Dungey proved he was the one today, both motos, and Desalle made it better because he was there... I hope more come to the U.S. ... I can't wait for the MXDN... I do hope that RD will win MX1... But as with racing anything at that level we will have to wait and see...
BMan-
Team Euro
8/14/2010 5:24pm
Chumps live in the ignorant bliss of denial and false hopes. As Dr Suess would say" Don;t cry because it's over..just be happy because it happened!"
calimxer91
8/14/2010 5:28pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2011 5:18pm
GIwasB4 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
How do ya think they're gonna re-act when he pulls out of the rest of the series?

I'm jus' sayin'...
Team Euro
8/14/2010 5:35pm Edited Date/Time 8/14/2010 5:36pm
Bubba needs to talk with his accountant a little more, There's more money to be made in a come back soon career than in a" washed out has been no fire pretentious mega star excuses galore career". Go peaceful and with respect....
Cody24
Fantasy
2702nd
8/14/2010 5:35pm
He'll be back. Its James Stewart. You really think he lost his speed? Wait for supercross and the real James will be back. I don't think he cares for outdoors in the first place.... Dungey is fast for sure, but come supercross I don't think he will be the man anymore. A healthy Stewart and Villo will be quite the combo to beat..
jeffro503
8/14/2010 5:43pm
Team Euro wrote:
He should of just settled into the history books and remained the dreams and hopes of the Americans as the " Best rider there ever was"...
You are such a fucking tool it's unbelievable! Jesus Christ....please leave this fucking board.
Team Euro
8/14/2010 5:45pm
Cody24 wrote:
He'll be back. Its James Stewart. You really think he lost his speed? Wait for supercross and the real James will be back. I don't think...
He'll be back. Its James Stewart. You really think he lost his speed? Wait for supercross and the real James will be back. I don't think he cares for outdoors in the first place.... Dungey is fast for sure, but come supercross I don't think he will be the man anymore. A healthy Stewart and Villo will be quite the combo to beat..
I agree..Bubba and RV are the fastest non-racing spectators in the world...they will be untouchable in their anticipated return to riding in the future
dunn2500
8/14/2010 5:57pm
if stewart pulls out of the last 3 nats that will be it for him i believe..........he has lost a lot of fans last couple o years and if he pouts and pulls out that will be it for his career..........i think these next 3 races maybe the most important of his career........building fans, respect and his own self confidence which he has alweays struggled with when great riders are present
scooter5002
8/14/2010 6:09pm
not that guy: A couple of weeks ago GuyB posted a thread about all the hate and discontent and sniping at one another that takes place on here. I've kind of stepped away from here before he made that thread because of exactly that. Then you step up to the plate with that gem and I'm on the floor pissing myself. Had to stop laughing before I could log-in and type. That's some funny shit right there. Not saying I agree with you but it was funny!

Post a reply to: This has got to be a tough pill to swallow from Stewart.

The Latest