This guy just got 'invited' to the X Games...

ridge
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 4:02am
The hard way.

OUCH!

http://squarespot.smugmug.com/gallery/6082375_TbJyZ#381689542_kKn6q-A-LB

Someone can probably get the photos into this thread...not me!
|
Torco1
4/21/2010 4:06pm
That right there should be proof enough that no matter how tame and safe they try and make things for mx and sx, there will still always be crashes and injuries. Yeah I know it wasnt a motocross bike, but the guy was just inches off the ground and look how bad he crashed.
Hank_Thrill
4/21/2010 4:13pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:18pm
Torco1 wrote:
That right there should be proof enough that no matter how tame and safe they try and make things for mx and sx, there will still...
That right there should be proof enough that no matter how tame and safe they try and make things for mx and sx, there will still always be crashes and injuries. Yeah I know it wasnt a motocross bike, but the guy was just inches off the ground and look how bad he crashed.
Look genius, everyone realizes there's no way to prevent injuries on motocross and supercross tracks. Just like there is no way to eradicate people committing acts of terrorism.

You can however, take necessary precautions and strategies to greatly reduce the number and severity of accidents. People crashed in the 80s, it was just a rare thing for them to miss more than a race or two due to the injuries. Now guys are crashing out for the season at record levels.
Torco1
4/21/2010 4:36pm
Torco1 wrote:
That right there should be proof enough that no matter how tame and safe they try and make things for mx and sx, there will still...
Look genius, everyone realizes there's no way to prevent injuries on motocross and supercross tracks. Just like there is no way to eradicate people committing acts...
Look genius, everyone realizes there's no way to prevent injuries on motocross and supercross tracks. Just like there is no way to eradicate people committing acts of terrorism.

You can however, take necessary precautions and strategies to greatly reduce the number and severity of accidents. People crashed in the 80s, it was just a rare thing for them to miss more than a race or two due to the injuries. Now guys are crashing out for the season at record levels.
Well the way people have been talking around here lately it seems some wont be happy until they are racing in a flat circle. The jumps are too big, the start is too dangerous, the bikes are too fast, the graphics are too shiny, they put too much ice in the soda.....good god. It all goes back to the rider, the bike only goes as fast as the rider makes it, the bike doesnt decide which jumps to try and clear, they dont put alligators between jumps to MAKE you jump them. Everybody that rides knows the risks.
Madmax31
Fantasy
83rd
4/21/2010 4:39pm Edited Date/Time 4/21/2010 4:40pm
Hank Dill...You're nuts if you think todays tracks are any more dangerous than the steep landing jumps of the 80's. Where did you find the statistics of inuries anyway? Oh right there aren't any.

The Shop

Overdrive
4/21/2010 4:42pm
Oh yes we can totally compare that guys ability and equipment to RV. And your right I can't believe all the people calling for flat track racing in the stadiums.......sarcasm alert
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/21/2010 5:08pm
Hope he makes it at the X Games. He obviously flunked the BMW Games.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/21/2010 5:10pm
Look genius, everyone realizes there's no way to prevent injuries on motocross and supercross tracks. Just like there is no way to eradicate people committing acts...

Yeah. Like David Bailey and Magoo.
mjskier
4/21/2010 7:10pm
Lack of linkage. That'll get you every time...
Yaya
Fantasy
2551st
4/21/2010 7:38pm
What a yardsale, jeez.
4mxonly
4/21/2010 7:43pm
Yikes! That's gonna be an expensive fix.
loftyair
4/21/2010 7:46pm
mjskier wrote:
Lack of linkage. That'll get you every time...
lol. I think it's the radiator fluid that leaks out and gets all over those rubber knobbies. Have you ever tasted that stuff? It's good!
BobbyM
4/21/2010 8:39pm
Torco1 wrote:
glad yer stupid ass disregards top speed in that deal. i am voting refuckmeagain...you a repubican?"
Torco1
4/21/2010 9:05pm
Ummm, what the hell are you talking about?? Him going fast and eating shit over a little bump was the point I was making. I take it you wadded yourself up like the guy did in the picture and are still a little bitter over it. And if you really must know, I could give a rats ass about both democrats and republicans.....they are all pretty much jackasses.
BobbyM
4/21/2010 9:12pm
Torco1 wrote:
Ummm, what the hell are you talking about?? Him going fast and eating shit over a little bump was the point I was making. I take...
Ummm, what the hell are you talking about?? Him going fast and eating shit over a little bump was the point I was making. I take it you wadded yourself up like the guy did in the picture and are still a little bitter over it. And if you really must know, I could give a rats ass about both democrats and republicans.....they are all pretty much jackasses.
i am with you....
Torco1
4/21/2010 9:18pm
Torco1 wrote:
Ummm, what the hell are you talking about?? Him going fast and eating shit over a little bump was the point I was making. I take...
BobbyM wrote:
i am with you....
In my short 34 years of life experience, all I've seen them do is ruin good things and make other shit worse....so I say fuck em all.
Bermshot
4/21/2010 10:27pm
Guy probably crashed because he was going 60mph over that "little" bump.
You motocross guys need to step out of your little world.
Hank_Thrill
4/21/2010 10:48pm

GuyB wrote:
Yeah. Like David Bailey and Magoo.
Actually, I was paraphrasing David Bailey when I said it was a big deal for guys to get hurt back in the 80s, and if they did they only missed a few races.
Hank_Thrill
4/21/2010 10:51pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:19pm
Madmax31 wrote:
Hank Dill...You're nuts if you think todays tracks are any more dangerous than the steep landing jumps of the 80's. Where did you find the statistics...
Hank Dill...You're nuts if you think todays tracks are any more dangerous than the steep landing jumps of the 80's. Where did you find the statistics of inuries anyway? Oh right there aren't any.
I was just going by what David Bailey said, as far as statistics go. Tracks were super sketchy back then, I agree, but the level of progression, combined with the machines (engine and suspension) of today didn't exist during that time either.

I got into the sport in '93, and I can't ever remember so many riders getting injured like they have the the past few years. You people want this sport to grow, but it never will if half the stars are on the sidelines and the races put non riders to sleep.
Motodrew295
4/21/2010 11:20pm
His boot came off! gotta love Astars. Thats a big boy slaming thegound like that, but it was 40mph tops.
ridge
4/22/2010 2:09am
His boot came off! gotta love Astars. Thats a big boy slaming thegound like that, but it was 40mph tops.
I'm not sure all that came off was his boot. I didn't see a foot sticking out of his pants. That's why I said he could race the X Games!
mjskier
4/22/2010 5:31am
No pics of the guy after. Just the bike and people loading up the broken bike.
Do you think he is still in the ditch?
czernik
4/22/2010 5:44am
Man he trashed the shit out off that beemerrrr...and that was flatland..
czernik
4/22/2010 5:46am
number 8 is awesome...
Torco1
4/22/2010 8:32am
Bermshot wrote:
Let me try and explain myself once more. The guy was riding on a flat road and hit a "little bump" and ate some serious shit. Now, if that can happen with just those circumstances to deal with, then I think jumping a 75' triple out of a corner can probably cause some more damage. My point is, regardless of what you are doing on a motorcycle or how tame the terrain is, people are still going to crash and get hurt.
Biscuit
4/22/2010 8:38am
Bermshot wrote:
Nah! I think he was trying to seat bounce it and fucked up. Had nothing to do with speed.

Post a reply to: This guy just got 'invited' to the X Games...

The Latest