Thinking of giving away my 450 for free

make1go
7/8/2018 7:43am Edited Date/Time 7/8/2018 7:44am
cool_hand wrote:
I been working with troubled at-risk kids in the Wake County ( Raleigh, NC ) Juvenile Detention Center for 15 years, and I am launching a...
I been working with troubled at-risk kids in the Wake County ( Raleigh, NC ) Juvenile Detention Center for 15 years, and I am launching a Christian based dirt bike camp for when these kids get out of jail. I don't currently have any bikes.
i've done similar, but
we bought junkers and worked with them to build a good running bike, that then became theirs.

I supose putting kids straight out of juvi on 450s is one way to stop them, but im not sure if hospitalization is such a good diversion..
level
7/8/2018 2:28pm
Might be tough to trade for even pws. Remember it’s an 09. Probably only worth 1500 at best. Plus doubt a dealer would want an old used bike. Would love to give it to someone that will really use it. I guess other option is to really just sell it for a great deal. I just have to think about it.
7/8/2018 11:15pm
level wrote:
Need help on a contest or someway to do it. It’s an 09 kx450. Nice bike. I haven’t rode in 5 years. The bike hasn’t been...
Need help on a contest or someway to do it.

It’s an 09 kx450. Nice bike.

I haven’t rode in 5 years. The bike hasn’t been cranked in about 3 years. So I need to change oil and gas and expect it to be fine.

Suspension and other work done by local mechanic that does everyone’s bikes. Has your typical goodies and great suspension.

I’m 44 and don’t plan on getting back riding. Just hate seeing it sit in garage.

Have a ton of gear like pants etc also

What do you think would be a good way to give away?

Send us a message on IG! We will help you with a giveaway!

The Shop

Question
7/9/2018 12:07am
One of my friendly "rival" back in the day lost his father at only 13-14, then stopped riding and racing for 15 years.

I can't even imagine how tough it has been for him. Great kid, he became physiotherapist (/chiropractor?).

If the exchange with the pw is not worth it, trying to find a similar profile (calling local tracks or shops?) may really help to bring back a smile to someone too.
7/9/2018 5:18am
cool_hand wrote:
I been working with troubled at-risk kids in the Wake County ( Raleigh, NC ) Juvenile Detention Center for 15 years, and I am launching a...
I been working with troubled at-risk kids in the Wake County ( Raleigh, NC ) Juvenile Detention Center for 15 years, and I am launching a Christian based dirt bike camp for when these kids get out of jail. I don't currently have any bikes.
That might go bad. they may or may not start hash tagging bike life, engage in stealing motorcycles and illegally ride them on the streets.

No doubt your intentions are good, but...this bikelife crap.
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
7/9/2018 5:24am
post address....first one there..kinda like a cannonball run....lol
7/9/2018 5:33am
Tarz483 wrote:
Just kidding Honestly I would go to a local Race And find some one Riding an older bike That's in rough shape And give it to...
Just kidding
Honestly I would go to a local Race
And find some one Riding an older bike
That's in rough shape
And give it to someone that really needs it
But not just any rider on any older bike... several of us have multiple bikes including an old bike.

Needs to be someone like the kid racing the 85 CR250 a few years ago.. who was killing it against modern four stroke 250s, but couldn't afford a new bike. Whatever happened to that kiddo anyway?
7/9/2018 5:35am Edited Date/Time 7/9/2018 5:35am
cool_hand wrote:
That might go bad. they may or may not start hash tagging bike life, engage in stealing motorcycles and illegally ride them on the streets. No...
That might go bad. they may or may not start hash tagging bike life, engage in stealing motorcycles and illegally ride them on the streets.

No doubt your intentions are good, but...this bikelife crap.
Not to mention putting beginners on a 450cc 60hp dirt bike is a terrible idea.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2892nd
7/9/2018 6:34am
But not just any rider on any older bike... several of us have multiple bikes including an old bike. Needs to be someone like the kid...
But not just any rider on any older bike... several of us have multiple bikes including an old bike.

Needs to be someone like the kid racing the 85 CR250 a few years ago.. who was killing it against modern four stroke 250s, but couldn't afford a new bike. Whatever happened to that kiddo anyway?
VilloFan951
7/9/2018 6:38am Edited Date/Time 7/9/2018 6:38am
Shit I’d kill for another bike I miss riding so much ?. People kept telling me on my divorce topic I posted to go ride, I get that’s a good idea but when you don’t have a bike that create a big flaw in that plan lol. If you can’t find a way to get rid of her I’d gladly take it off your hands
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
7/9/2018 8:35am Edited Date/Time 7/9/2018 8:35am
But not just any rider on any older bike... several of us have multiple bikes including an old bike. Needs to be someone like the kid...

Dirtydeeds wrote:
Jerry Is the 1st person I though of
When I Read this post and gave my answer a couple days ago.
I think he still Struggles to get to all the races
Even he would still be a good person to Donate to
mxb2
7/9/2018 8:36am
Shit I’d kill for another bike I miss riding so much ?. People kept telling me on my divorce topic I posted to go ride, I...
Shit I’d kill for another bike I miss riding so much ?. People kept telling me on my divorce topic I posted to go ride, I get that’s a good idea but when you don’t have a bike that create a big flaw in that plan lol. If you can’t find a way to get rid of her I’d gladly take it off your hands
Leftover models 6k,. $110 a month . Great deals out there.
VilloFan951
7/9/2018 8:40am
Shit I’d kill for another bike I miss riding so much ?. People kept telling me on my divorce topic I posted to go ride, I...
mxb2 wrote:
What state? Lol I haven’t seen anything cheap out here in Cali. And my credit is shit lol
mxb2
7/9/2018 8:46am
mxb2 wrote:
What state? Lol I haven’t seen anything cheap out here in Cali. And my credit is shit lol
Every state. Leftover 17/18 models. 250 s even cheaper $5k rmz 250.
7/9/2018 8:59am
Tarz483 wrote:
Jerry Is the 1st person I though of When I Read this post and gave my answer a couple days ago. I think he still Struggles...
Jerry Is the 1st person I though of
When I Read this post and gave my answer a couple days ago.
I think he still Struggles to get to all the races
Even he would still be a good person to Donate to
I disagree. He won't ride it. Also, there is plenty of struggling privateers in his situation. Donating to anyone is a good thing, but I feel there is others who need and would appreciate a '09 kx450 more.
Meister
7/9/2018 10:12am
You need to spend some time at a local track. Look for a kid who's riding a POS. Start a convo and see what he's about. Give it to a hard working person whose broke.
kage173
7/9/2018 10:42am Edited Date/Time 7/9/2018 10:43am
Brad460 wrote:
Sell the bike and put the proceeds in a Roth IRA for your retirement..
Keep your wisdom and common sense out of here.

This is a motocross forum, you should be telling him to trade it in at the biggest dealership he can for a brand new $11k KTM 450 factory edition on a variable interest rate loan and not ask what the trade in value is until the end of the transaction. He then should proceed to purchase (with a credit card) every single after market part that is recommended by Motocross Action Magazine AND (not or) Dirt Rider. And of course, as soon as the next year model comes out, he should do it all over again.

Post a reply to: Thinking of giving away my 450 for free

The Latest