Think how Eli will feel if he gets crowned now

oldblood
3/18/2020 7:03pm
It's good to see that you guys can be civily argumentative about this, considering this is the most recent moto related topic and it's going to need to last us for a couple of months, or longer.
biscuit11
3/18/2020 7:07pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2020 7:14pm
I thought I heard Monster Jam World Finals was canceled the other day but I looked it up and maybe I misheard. That event is May so if it gets cancelled then Feld most likely wont be making up supercross races either.
Momus
3/18/2020 7:11pm
oldblood wrote:
It's good to see that you guys can be civily argumentative about this, considering this is the most recent moto related topic and it's going to...
It's good to see that you guys can be civily argumentative about this, considering this is the most recent moto related topic and it's going to need to last us for a couple of months, or longer.
Might be a lot longer than a couple of months.

The world is changing before our eyes as western countries move towards a virtual war footing to combat the China virus.

There is no guarantee that things will return to their pre COVID-19 circumstances.
oldblood
3/18/2020 7:23pm
Can you imagine how rich and famous and championed a scientist would become if they found a vaccine? They are working around the clock, God help them.

The Shop

motogrady
3/18/2020 7:32pm
oldblood wrote:
Can you imagine how rich and famous and championed a scientist would become if they found a vaccine? They are working around the clock, God help...
Can you imagine how rich and famous and championed a scientist would become if they found a vaccine? They are working around the clock, God help them.
He or she might get recognition. But if he’s working for a company, unless they get benevolent, good chance he gets his straight pay.
oldblood
3/18/2020 7:36pm
oldblood wrote:
Can you imagine how rich and famous and championed a scientist would become if they found a vaccine? They are working around the clock, God help...
motogrady wrote:
He or she might get recognition. But if he’s working for a company, unless they get benevolent, good chance he gets his straight pay.
I don't know. But it wouldn't go unnoticed, and would be a great thing. Worthy of a peace prize.
Not to mention honorable.
kkawboy14
3/19/2020 5:37am
Rabid Tomac fans (not all Tomac fans).... still nuclear over their boy with a 60ish% earned title.....

That's cute.
Yes, yes we are!

Just like the rabid Roczen fans would be happy with the same...

Just like the rabid Webb fans would be happy with the same....
MOTO1313
3/19/2020 6:22am
If it does come down to the AMA awarding Tomac the SX championship, ask yourself this...who deserves it more this season? Who won more races? Who had the points lead? Numbers don't lie.
zehn
3/19/2020 9:36am
Rabid Tomac fans (not all Tomac fans).... still nuclear over their boy with a 60ish% earned title.....

That's cute.
Roczen fans however closeted (you), still can't accept that he isn't the fastest SX rider, even with a 10 second lead.

That's cute
oldblood
3/19/2020 10:00am
I want a final round. But if it's done, there should be no asterisk.
Jeff alessi
3/19/2020 11:21am
Atleast we got 10 rounds in, usually around this time tomacs been a little buried in points years past but not this year. So I'm sure he feels confident this was his year. Imagine if this all happened at round 3. 10 rounds in we see how it's played out the last two years, the rider leading points has taken it to the end, probably would have been similar.
SethGator
3/19/2020 11:49am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2020 11:50am
Atleast we got 10 rounds in, usually around this time tomacs been a little buried in points years past but not this year. So I'm sure...
Atleast we got 10 rounds in, usually around this time tomacs been a little buried in points years past but not this year. So I'm sure he feels confident this was his year. Imagine if this all happened at round 3. 10 rounds in we see how it's played out the last two years, the rider leading points has taken it to the end, probably would have been similar.
2014 28pt gap
2015 40pt
2016 34pt
2017 17pt
2018 40pt
2019 19pt

on average a 30pt gap after round 10.

2020 3pt gap

the closest its been since 2013 after ten rounds when Villopoto held a slim 2pt margin over Millsaps.

KX500
3/19/2020 11:56am
Tomac is such a loser! Only 30 some SX wins and a pathetic 7th on the all time list! Oh & most wins this year & leader in points.

How could anybody with such poor credentials not hang his head in shame, if crowned SX champ at this point?

I could go on & on............

There, did I lay it on thick enough?

I could probably make the argument against Tomac sound even more stupid if I really tried!
early
Fantasy
2212th
3/19/2020 12:11pm
2020 may be the most remembered SX championship ever
JN137
Fantasy
486th
3/19/2020 12:16pm
Think about how crazy of a race Daytona would have been had we known at the time it could've been the deciding race for the title. It was still a great ride from ET either way, but we had no idea at the time how important it COULD turn out to be.
TPforsale
3/19/2020 12:32pm Edited Date/Time 3/19/2020 12:33pm
Same view as the other threads that touched on this. No full season, no title. It's an empty victory. Don't care who the top points rider...
Same view as the other threads that touched on this. No full season, no title. It's an empty victory. Don't care who the top points rider is. I sure as hell wouldn't want it like that.

A class move for anyone in this position would be to say. "Lets scratch this one and take it next year".

mxb2 wrote:
Yea, give up millions. Lol. Yea okay.
You're okay with taking money for an incomplete job? Check. I got flamed for saying it yesterday. ...and I don't give a crap what the something...
You're okay with taking money for an incomplete job? Check.

I got flamed for saying it yesterday. ...and I don't give a crap what the something for nothing crowd thinks, I'll say it again.

We're it me, I'd decline the title...decline the bonus. I would be open to a partial bonus based on results to date. In my eyes....that is the right thing to do. I don't care who it is....Tomac/Webb/Roczen/Barcia etc.

In the end... my guess is it really depends on team/sponsor contracts and how they are worded.

I signed up to simply say, no you wouldn’t. You say it only because you know you will never have to make that decision and saying you would doesn’t put you on some moral high ground either, like you imply. Doing it would simply be for optics and in imo you’d just be dumb.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/19/2020 1:12pm
mxb2 wrote:
Yea, give up millions. Lol. Yea okay.
You're okay with taking money for an incomplete job? Check. I got flamed for saying it yesterday. ...and I don't give a crap what the something...
You're okay with taking money for an incomplete job? Check.

I got flamed for saying it yesterday. ...and I don't give a crap what the something for nothing crowd thinks, I'll say it again.

We're it me, I'd decline the title...decline the bonus. I would be open to a partial bonus based on results to date. In my eyes....that is the right thing to do. I don't care who it is....Tomac/Webb/Roczen/Barcia etc.

In the end... my guess is it really depends on team/sponsor contracts and how they are worded.

TPforsale wrote:
I signed up to simply say, no you wouldn’t. You say it only because you know you will never have to make that decision and saying...
I signed up to simply say, no you wouldn’t. You say it only because you know you will never have to make that decision and saying you would doesn’t put you on some moral high ground either, like you imply. Doing it would simply be for optics and in imo you’d just be dumb.
Sorry, I've gotta second this.
3/19/2020 1:14pm
I don't have a dog in this fight as I love watching all the guys ride and just want exciting racing. My favorite rider of all time is JMB.

The asterisk everyone speaks of would only provide info on a shortened season due to COVID-19. That's it. It would be like the strike shortened NBA season, etc. Shame on Ping if he means something else because he seems like a knowledgable, rational minded individual.

If the season ended today, Tomac is the champion and he earned it. All the woulda, coulda, shoulda is just dumb fan boy nonsense because at the end of the day the guy with the most points wins.

Finally, if you guys don't think that the teams talked about the possibility of the season ending sooner are not thinking this through. The Coronavirus has been in the news since before Christmas. I was following this closely because I'm in investments and have to watch these sort of things. If any of you try to argue that teams with millions invested in racing weren't paying attention to their investments (teams, riders, etc.) and had no idea the season could end abruptly after seeing what was happening in the world are just not thinking logically or are in denial because their guy wouldn't be crowned if the powers that be call the season.
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
3/19/2020 1:53pm
Spagina767 wrote:
mx 219 wrote:
I know a place you can put that asterisk.
motogrady wrote:
I don’t get the black mark kinda vibe on an asterisk. It notes the season was different, altered or whatever. It just tells what happened. All...
I don’t get the black mark kinda vibe on an asterisk.
It notes the season was different, altered or whatever.
It just tells what happened.
All were dealt the same hand. Nobody had any inside info, or premonitions.
It, if over, was a level playing field.
If 2020 ends at Daytona, Tomac won it.
Fair and square.
I think the general perception of an asterisk is that the championship wasnt deserved. People would mention asterisks for Reed, Dungey, now Tomac.

I believe the true intention of 90% of those who mention an asterisk with riders is to downplay their acocmplishments, which simply isnt fair to them. Gotta be in it to win, after all.
gregyou
3/19/2020 3:23pm Edited Date/Time 3/19/2020 3:42pm
TDeath21 wrote:
This isn't rocket science dude. People race differently at the last few rounds of the championship than they do in the middle of it. This shouldn't...
This isn't rocket science dude. People race differently at the last few rounds of the championship than they do in the middle of it. This shouldn't be a tough concept to grasp.
gregyou wrote:
Roczen is on record saying he was wanting to put extra effort in to beat tomac at Daytona. He said he was going to try his...
Roczen is on record saying he was wanting to put extra effort in to beat tomac at Daytona. He said he was going to try his hardest.
So what you think he was bullshitting ?
TDeath21 wrote:
Yes that’s the classy thing to say. Riders say this sort of stuff all the time. Carmichael for instance would constantly say Stewart is the fastest...
Yes that’s the classy thing to say. Riders say this sort of stuff all the time. Carmichael for instance would constantly say Stewart is the fastest guy in MX and then go out and win by 20 seconds. Numerous other examples too. Riders aren’t telling the entire truth up there on the podium. In this case Roczen isn’t gonna try to take away from Tomac’s win by saying he could have pushed harder. Not the type of guy he is.
What are you talking about ? Roczen said before the race not after the race that he was going to put in extra hard to beat Eli at Daytona
gregyou
3/19/2020 3:30pm
Gets dumber every day, you can literally go and find videos of roczen before Daytona saying he is going to try extra hard to beat tomac at Daytona and win the 50th anniversary. He had a near a perfect race and still didn’t get it done, but yet idiots on here think he had more in the tank
mxb2
3/19/2020 3:34pm
gregyou wrote:
Gets dumber every day, you can literally go and find videos of roczen before Daytona saying he is going to try extra hard to beat tomac...
Gets dumber every day, you can literally go and find videos of roczen before Daytona saying he is going to try extra hard to beat tomac at Daytona and win the 50th anniversary. He had a near a perfect race and still didn’t get it done, but yet idiots on here think he had more in the tank
Yep and part of a daytona sx win, 100k bonus and points, yea. He was saving himself for later rounds. Lol.
3/19/2020 3:54pm
TPforsale wrote:
I signed up to simply say, no you wouldn’t. You say it only because you know you will never have to make that decision and saying...
Thanks for at least being decent about your response. (you too GuyCool

...how do you know I have not had to make a similar decision in my lifetime? It doesn't matter the amount of $$$$ or what is being recognized in my eyes. It's okay if you think my stance is "dumb"....it is not to me. We're just different people....different views.

3/19/2020 5:14pm
Thanks for at least being decent about your response. (you too GuyB) ...how do you know I have not had to make a similar decision in...

...how do you know I have not had to make a similar decision in my lifetime? It doesn't matter the amount of $$$$ or what is being recognized in my eyes. It's okay if you think my stance is "dumb"....it is not to me. We're just different people....different views.

Ok now I am starting to wish we had the ignore feature 🤣
TPforsale
3/19/2020 7:58pm
TPforsale wrote:
Thanks for at least being decent about your response. (you too GuyB) ...how do you know I have not had to make a similar decision in...

I do not know, but the amount of money ABSOLUTELY plays a part. Im far more likely to turn down $10 as a gesture but 1, 2, 3 million? Besides the whole basis of your imaginary gesture is flawed. Tomac is not accepting a bonus while only completing 60% of his job. He completed 100% of the job. His job was to be 1st in points at the end of the series. If the AMA decides to end a series early for coronavirus or any other reason and crown a champion then he as the rider in 1st should gladly accept. Every rider had the same 10 races to score the most points possible. He won

Post a reply to: Think how Eli will feel if he gets crowned now

The Latest