Think how Eli will feel if he gets crowned now

TDeath21
3/15/2020 3:19pm
gregyou wrote:
Roczen is on record saying he was wanting to put extra effort in to beat tomac at Daytona. He said he was going to try his...
Roczen is on record saying he was wanting to put extra effort in to beat tomac at Daytona. He said he was going to try his hardest.
So what you think he was bullshitting ?
TDeath21 wrote:
Yes that’s the classy thing to say. Riders say this sort of stuff all the time. Carmichael for instance would constantly say Stewart is the fastest...
Yes that’s the classy thing to say. Riders say this sort of stuff all the time. Carmichael for instance would constantly say Stewart is the fastest guy in MX and then go out and win by 20 seconds. Numerous other examples too. Riders aren’t telling the entire truth up there on the podium. In this case Roczen isn’t gonna try to take away from Tomac’s win by saying he could have pushed harder. Not the type of guy he is.
APLMAN99 wrote:
Roczen said this before the race, not just after...……

This wasn't just from a podium speech.
Yes and all racers say that. They never say they’re not going to give it their all. But the racing mentality is entirely different from week 10 to the final race.
mxb2
3/15/2020 3:23pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Yes that’s the classy thing to say. Riders say this sort of stuff all the time. Carmichael for instance would constantly say Stewart is the fastest...
Yes that’s the classy thing to say. Riders say this sort of stuff all the time. Carmichael for instance would constantly say Stewart is the fastest guy in MX and then go out and win by 20 seconds. Numerous other examples too. Riders aren’t telling the entire truth up there on the podium. In this case Roczen isn’t gonna try to take away from Tomac’s win by saying he could have pushed harder. Not the type of guy he is.
APLMAN99 wrote:

TDeath21 wrote:
Yes and all racers say that. They never say they’re not going to give it their all. But the racing mentality is entirely different from week...
Yes and all racers say that. They never say they’re not going to give it their all. But the racing mentality is entirely different from week 10 to the final race.
So kroc faded and tipped over because of strategy? Saving it for the next race. Lol. Comical.
slipdog
3/15/2020 3:35pm
If Coach would've just put me in fourth quarter, we would've been State Champs... No doubt, no doubt in my mind!!!
mxb2
3/15/2020 3:39pm
slipdog wrote:
If Coach would've just put me in fourth quarter, we would've been State Champs... No doubt, no doubt in my mind!!!
Yea, tomac also got bad starts on purpose to pace himself, all part of the strategy. Lol.

The Shop

TDeath21
3/15/2020 3:40pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

TDeath21 wrote:
Yes and all racers say that. They never say they’re not going to give it their all. But the racing mentality is entirely different from week...
mxb2 wrote:
So kroc faded and tipped over because of strategy? Saving it for the next race. Lol. Comical.
Oh so a racer races the same in the final race as they do in the middle of the season? Yeah. That’s why Tomac was bunching them up at round 8 instead of the final round right?
RG1
3/15/2020 3:42pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

TDeath21 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
How can you not understand the difference in mentality from a mid-season race to the last race of the season? Putting all results aside, do you honestly think there is no difference?
mxb2
3/15/2020 3:49pm
TDeath21 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
How can you not understand the difference in mentality from a mid-season race to the last race of the season? Putting all results aside, do you...
How can you not understand the difference in mentality from a mid-season race to the last race of the season? Putting all results aside, do you honestly think there is no difference?
Results are what counts, doesnt matter what conspiracy, strategy you wanna make up.
mxb2
3/15/2020 3:51pm
TDeath21 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
How can you not understand the difference in mentality from a mid-season race to the last race of the season? Putting all results aside, do you...
Yea, i get it now according to you kroc lost daytona, and bonus money on purpose. . cant make this shit up. . All part of his plan. Brilliant.
RG1
3/15/2020 4:11pm
mxb2 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Results are what counts, doesnt matter what conspiracy, strategy you wanna make up.
Conspiracy? I don’t necessarily care about the result at Daytona, nor am I suggesting that it would’ve been any different of it had been the final round, but to say that there is no strategy or forward thinking involved at all is just plain dumb. To win a title you have to be there every single week, and sometimes to do that you have to know when to take risks and when not to. Trying to win at round 10 and trying to win at the final round are two very different things. The pressure and desperation that comes when you know that it’s the last round and it’s your absolute last shot, that doesn’t happen at any other race. I don’t know how anyone who’s been watching MX/SX for more than 5 minutes wouldn’t understand that
ledger
3/15/2020 4:12pm
Wasn't just another Supercross race...it was Daytona. Nothing was left on the line from both classes. KR and ET absolutely gave 110% and put on one helluva battle. Both would have liked the race to be longer, as said in the Post race conference.
RG1
3/15/2020 4:20pm
mxb2 wrote:
Yea, i get it now according to you kroc lost daytona, and bonus money on purpose. . cant make this shit up. . All part of...
Yea, i get it now according to you kroc lost daytona, and bonus money on purpose. . cant make this shit up. . All part of his plan. Brilliant.
Of course he didn’t lose on purpose. I’m not even specifically talking about Roczen. In general a rider fighting for the championship will take a lot more risks and put a lot more on the line when he’s knows it’s his last chance, compared to when he knows he has 7 more chances. That applies to everyone, not just Roczen. Have you ever watched supercross before last weekend?
APLMAN99
3/15/2020 4:30pm
TDeath21 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:

TDeath21 wrote:
You were talking about the podium, inferring that he was being "classy" after the outcome of the race.

I was pointing out that that wasn't his only reference to wanting to win Daytona more than the "normal" Supercross race.
mxb2
3/15/2020 4:38pm
mxb2 wrote:
Yea, i get it now according to you kroc lost daytona, and bonus money on purpose. . cant make this shit up. . All part of...
RG1 wrote:
Of course he didn’t lose on purpose. I’m not even specifically talking about Roczen. In general a rider fighting for the championship will take a lot...
Of course he didn’t lose on purpose. I’m not even specifically talking about Roczen. In general a rider fighting for the championship will take a lot more risks and put a lot more on the line when he’s knows it’s his last chance, compared to when he knows he has 7 more chances. That applies to everyone, not just Roczen. Have you ever watched supercross before last weekend?
Have you,? Thank god you arent a team manager.
mxb2
3/15/2020 4:40pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

TDeath21 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
You were talking about the podium, inferring that he was being "classy" after the outcome of the race. I was pointing out that that wasn't his...
You were talking about the podium, inferring that he was being "classy" after the outcome of the race.

I was pointing out that that wasn't his only reference to wanting to win Daytona more than the "normal" Supercross race.
Exactly, kroc said it numerous times, for honda, himself and 50 years. Oh and 100k easy in bonus $$.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
3/15/2020 5:22pm
Of course there are different strategies based in what is going on at the moment. Eli's was the best strategy.
3/15/2020 7:04pm
mxb2 wrote:
Hey man....tell us what it's like to be Eli's nutsack support....
mxb2
3/15/2020 7:21pm
mxb2 wrote:
L.mao. Keyboard tough guy. Grow up
Chance1216
3/15/2020 7:32pm
mxb2 wrote:
I’m a Roczen fan. He did drop a huge lead and made some mistakes which allowed Tomac to pass. Tomac was the better rider that night. Quit swinging from the anti Tomac fan club tree. Racing is racing.
mxb2
3/15/2020 7:36pm
mxb2 wrote:
Chance1216 wrote:
I’m a Roczen fan. He did drop a huge lead and made some mistakes which allowed Tomac to pass. Tomac was the better rider that night...
I’m a Roczen fan. He did drop a huge lead and made some mistakes which allowed Tomac to pass. Tomac was the better rider that night. Quit swinging from the anti Tomac fan club tree. Racing is racing.
Dont post that man, he doesnt like facts. Just will.comment with juvenile remarks.
Chance1216
3/15/2020 7:51pm
Chance1216 wrote:
I’m a Roczen fan. He did drop a huge lead and made some mistakes which allowed Tomac to pass. Tomac was the better rider that night...
mxb2 wrote:
Dont post that man, he doesnt like facts. Just will.comment with juvenile remarks.
It’s fine. I don’t mind watching a dog chase it’s own tail. Kinda funny if you ask me.
ledger
3/15/2020 8:54pm
It's a shame you can't enjoy great racing between two of the best racer's in this Country without insulting people. You strike as the type that would love to see Barcia take out Eli so Roczen could win the title.
Chance1216
3/15/2020 9:11pm
ledger wrote:
It's a shame you can't enjoy great racing between two of the best racer's in this Country without insulting people. You strike as the type that...
It's a shame you can't enjoy great racing between two of the best racer's in this Country without insulting people. You strike as the type that would love to see Barcia take out Eli so Roczen could win the title.
Also strikes me as an idiot. From us so called poo flinging monkeys
oldblood
3/15/2020 9:30pm
Eli should feel like a champ, ken gave up a rediculous lead. Eli wanted it more. He deserves it.
slipdog
3/15/2020 9:39pm
When a race is red-flagged past the halfway mark it's called by the current order when the red flag is thrown. The series is past the halfway mark, like it or not Eli is this year's Champion.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
3/15/2020 9:44pm
slipdog wrote:
When a race is red-flagged past the halfway mark it's called by the current order when the red flag is thrown. The series is past the...
When a race is red-flagged past the halfway mark it's called by the current order when the red flag is thrown. The series is past the halfway mark, like it or not Eli is this year's Champion.
Slip is correct.
Motofinne
3/15/2020 10:11pm
I really feel bad for both Tomac and Roczen if this is it.

Tomac finally gets the title that he has worked so much for but in this manner? By winning a mid season race that he almost by default always wins. Tomac would be robbed from the proper celebrations and emotions that is the major part of finally winning it.

Then we have Roczen that has been "conservative" for a while now after the injuries. If someone tells him before Daytona that this is it, if you win this race you'll be the 2020 SX champ he would obviously have gone 110% from the start. I know there are people in the thread that thinks Roczen and Tomac didn't have anything left when they raced in Daytona but i strongly disagree with that. If you don't think both of them could take it to a level where they are out of their comfort zone in a season finale where they're tied compared to a mid season race where they're tied i don't know what to say to you.

Anyways, i really hope we get a few races more for everyones sake. But it doesn't look good.
oldblood
3/15/2020 10:16pm
I'm mostly a Ken fan, but Eli earned it.
ledger
3/15/2020 11:38pm
Motofinne wrote:
I really feel bad for both Tomac and Roczen if this is it. Tomac finally gets the title that he has worked so much for but...

Tomac finally gets the title that he has worked so much for but in this manner? By winning a mid season race that he almost by default always wins. Tomac would be robbed from the proper celebrations and emotions that is the major part of finally winning it.

Then we have Roczen that has been "conservative" for a while now after the injuries. If someone tells him before Daytona that this is it, if you win this race you'll be the 2020 SX champ he would obviously have gone 110% from the start. I know there are people in the thread that thinks Roczen and Tomac didn't have anything left when they raced in Daytona but i strongly disagree with that. If you don't think both of them could take it to a level where they are out of their comfort zone in a season finale where they're tied compared to a mid season race where they're tied i don't know what to say to you.

Anyways, i really hope we get a few races more for everyones sake. But it doesn't look good.
I respectfully disagree, because this wasn't just another Supercross race...it was Daytona and the 50th running of Daytona. I will always believe Roczen and Tomac gave all they had, and all the interviews from KR was to win this one. Thought it very cool to hear KR and ET talking about how they thought the race was too short and would have rather raced twenty laps instead of twenty minutes...that's two bad a$$ dude's on dirt bikes, lol. They have my respect.
early
Fantasy
2231st
3/16/2020 7:36am
Motofinne wrote:
I really feel bad for both Tomac and Roczen if this is it. Tomac finally gets the title that he has worked so much for but...

If Tomac wins the title, he will have done it at Atlanta when he went from 15th to 4th after the boneheaded run-in with Baggett. He salvaged crucial points, and we wouldn't be having this conversation if that didn't happen.
motomike137
3/16/2020 10:23am
In some ways this will be a little like the way Kyle Busch got his first title. But looking back at it in hindsight it feels legit because Kyle is obviously good enough to earn it without extenuating circumstances just like Eli. If this is it I have no problem calling Eli the champ with no reservations.

Post a reply to: Think how Eli will feel if he gets crowned now

The Latest