Think how Eli will feel if he gets crowned now

Mavetism
3/14/2020 8:24am
TDeath21 wrote:
Your comment makes zero sense and it’s a false equivalency
Racer111 wrote:
All your comments make no sense. You’re stating as though in the 1st 10 rounds everyone left a little in the tank and didn’t put it...
All your comments make no sense. You’re stating as though in the 1st 10 rounds everyone left a little in the tank and didn’t put it all out there. At Daytona Roczen had a clear track and a 9 second lead and got caught and passed by the guy he shared the red plate with. Eli TOOk the win. End of story. You’re whole “theory” of they all would have raced different is a complete joke.
RG1 wrote:
You seriously don’t think Roczen, or anyone for that matter, would’ve raced Daytona any differently had he known it was the last round of the series?
There is only one chance. Stop thinking about woulda coulda shoulda. I am a big Kenny Fan, but he said himself that he left nothing out there. He made some mistakes during the main and tried switching up some lines, that did cost him big time. That's just how it is. You can't go back in time and fix your mistakes, this is not how life works.

I personally would be super bummed if Daytona would have been the last sx race of the year. I really hope we still get to see some decider rounds in April.

A shortened championship is obviously something nobody wants to see but there is one thing nobody can deny. The rider with the most points after all possible rounds deserves the championship title.
YamaLink
3/14/2020 8:27am
Eli probably wants to win it without the asterisk naysayers....but he'll gladly walk out with the bank deposit receipt (if Kawi doesn't have a clause like major sport team owners who can stop paying and demand money BACK from their superstars).
RG1
3/14/2020 8:29am
Racer111 wrote:
All your comments make no sense. You’re stating as though in the 1st 10 rounds everyone left a little in the tank and didn’t put it...
All your comments make no sense. You’re stating as though in the 1st 10 rounds everyone left a little in the tank and didn’t put it all out there. At Daytona Roczen had a clear track and a 9 second lead and got caught and passed by the guy he shared the red plate with. Eli TOOk the win. End of story. You’re whole “theory” of they all would have raced different is a complete joke.
RG1 wrote:
You seriously don’t think Roczen, or anyone for that matter, would’ve raced Daytona any differently had he known it was the last round of the series?
Racer111 wrote:
Uh, no. Roczen gave everything he had in the tank. I know this because he said so on the podium AND the Press Conference. He has...
Uh, no. Roczen gave everything he had in the tank. I know this because he said so on the podium AND the Press Conference. He has a 9 SECOND lead and clear track. He couldn’t have asked for a better scenario other than Tomac not being in the main.
Even if he said that he gave it everything, the mindset is still very different. In the back of his mind he knew that finishing 2nd and being 3 points down with 7 rounds left is far from
a disaster. It’s a very different situation than knowing that it’s your last chance and that you absolutely have to win or the championship is gone. He may have given it all he was prepared to give at that point in the series, but for sure if it was the last round of the year and the last chance, they all would’ve found more.
RG1
3/14/2020 8:33am
Racer111 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
Mavetism wrote:
There is only one chance. Stop thinking about woulda coulda shoulda. I am a big Kenny Fan, but he said himself that he left nothing out...
There is only one chance. Stop thinking about woulda coulda shoulda. I am a big Kenny Fan, but he said himself that he left nothing out there. He made some mistakes during the main and tried switching up some lines, that did cost him big time. That's just how it is. You can't go back in time and fix your mistakes, this is not how life works.

I personally would be super bummed if Daytona would have been the last sx race of the year. I really hope we still get to see some decider rounds in April.

A shortened championship is obviously something nobody wants to see but there is one thing nobody can deny. The rider with the most points after all possible rounds deserves the championship title.
For sure, what’s happened has happened and if it was the last round then it sucks but it is fair. My only point is that if you told the guys before the gate dropped at Daytona that is was the last round of the series, their approach to the race would be much different, and the race would probably play out different. It’s a completely different scenario

The Shop

mxb2
3/14/2020 8:43am
Racer111 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Exactly. Lol. It was krocs strategy to fade and tip over to save it for the next race. Ya cant make this shit up . Lmao
Racer111 wrote:
Wait! We agreed on something? 😂😂
Haha. All. Good man.
mxb2
3/14/2020 8:45am
TDeath21 wrote:
Racer111 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
Or maybe tomac, would have tried in the earlier rounds? Hmmm. See how that works.
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1666th
3/14/2020 8:51am
Eli would be STOKED. Short season, long season, he would have earned it either way IMO!

Time for outdoors!

Kawi15
3/14/2020 8:55am
Perhaps the title of this thread should have been something like "How will you feel if Eli gets crowned now?"
RG1
3/14/2020 8:56am
Racer111 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Or maybe tomac, would have tried in the earlier rounds? Hmmm. See how that works.
I’m not saying he wouldn’t have done. Just responding to someone saying that no one would’ve or could’ve raced any differently had they have known it was the last round. Which is just wrong
3/14/2020 8:58am
RG1 wrote:
Probably be quite happy that they called the whole thing off before he had chance to bottle it Silly
Damn dude....you're really inviting the wrath of the rabid fans....

lol....

mxb2
3/14/2020 9:08am
RG1 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
I’m not saying he wouldn’t have done. Just responding to someone saying that no one would’ve or could’ve raced any differently had they have known it...
I’m not saying he wouldn’t have done. Just responding to someone saying that no one would’ve or could’ve raced any differently had they have known it was the last round. Which is just wrong
We will never know, it. is what it is. Like one poster posted, race the race like its your last.
3/14/2020 10:01am
Some of you act like Tomac knew something Kenny didn’t at Daytona. Fact is no one knew that it could potentially be the last race. They dropped the gate and the chips fell where they did. Although I don’t expect the band of miserable Brits to understand that in the slightest.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
3/14/2020 10:22am
Some of you act like Tomac knew something Kenny didn’t at Daytona. Fact is no one knew that it could potentially be the last race. They...
Some of you act like Tomac knew something Kenny didn’t at Daytona. Fact is no one knew that it could potentially be the last race. They dropped the gate and the chips fell where they did. Although I don’t expect the band of miserable Brits to understand that in the slightest.
This exactly, they all went into the race like it was Daytona round 10. Noone knew it might be the last round. No one knew the season might end early, or rounds would get cancelled and may not be made up.

If any rider did not put their best effort in at any particular race during the races that have been run then shame on them.
3/14/2020 1:08pm Edited Date/Time 3/14/2020 1:09pm
He will be glad he put the hammer down at Daytona!
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
3/14/2020 2:10pm
Some of you act like Tomac knew something Kenny didn’t at Daytona. Fact is no one knew that it could potentially be the last race. They...
This.
The fact is, it doesn't matter what Kenny would have or should have done; only what he did do. He lost Daytona to Tomac, and the championship went with it, probably.
Kawi15
3/14/2020 2:20pm
The thing is that nobody so far has mentioned. None of these guys can really stop training. They are all still working, perhaps not racing, but they cannot stop training. They have to keep their heads in the game and train just as if they are racing next weekend because they might. So it is not an empty championship. It is not an Asterisk championship at all. They are still working.
ledger
3/14/2020 7:52pm
Kawi15 wrote:
The thing is that nobody so far has mentioned. None of these guys can really stop training. They are all still working, perhaps not racing, but...
The thing is that nobody so far has mentioned. None of these guys can really stop training. They are all still working, perhaps not racing, but they cannot stop training. They have to keep their heads in the game and train just as if they are racing next weekend because they might. So it is not an empty championship. It is not an Asterisk championship at all. They are still working.
I thought about this also, and wonder what Aldon Baker is doing with his crew...maybe a short break, and then back to the grind sometime next week ?
3/15/2020 12:06am
Kawi15 wrote:
The thing is that nobody so far has mentioned. None of these guys can really stop training. They are all still working, perhaps not racing, but...
ledger wrote:
I thought about this also, and wonder what Aldon Baker is doing with his crew...maybe a short break, and then back to the grind sometime next...
I thought about this also, and wonder what Aldon Baker is doing with his crew...maybe a short break, and then back to the grind sometime next week ?
I don’t think the word “break” is in Aldon’s vocabulary lol
struth
3/15/2020 12:53am
All year i keep hearing how everybody is playing the ryan dungey approach to the championship.
If last week as vegas ,there is no way roczen would of let tomac just easly pass him ,he would done everything to keep him behind him.
Would been a lot bar banging and desperate passing....

Hopefully they can get double header or 2 rounds to finish of chsmpionship.
gregyou
3/15/2020 2:32am
TDeath21 wrote:
Racer111 wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:
This isn't rocket science dude. People race differently at the last few rounds of the championship than they do in the middle of it. This shouldn't...
This isn't rocket science dude. People race differently at the last few rounds of the championship than they do in the middle of it. This shouldn't be a tough concept to grasp.
Roczen is on record saying he was wanting to put extra effort in to beat tomac at Daytona. He said he was going to try his hardest.
So what you think he was bullshitting ?
Question
3/15/2020 2:54am
Racer111 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
ATKpilot99 wrote:
You're right . Eli was the only one out there pushing and giving 100% Huh

Eli was not at 100% either. He took his time to let the race coming to him, playing it smart to close the deal.

If Eli would have known that it was the last and deciding race of the year, his strategy would have probably been different too, he would have forced the issue to make some quick passes much earlier during the race. And probably some riders would have not given as much fight to him knowing the title was being decided between him and Roczen.

So yeah, the strategy is not the same for everybody depending on the circumstances. That said, if Tomac gets this title due to the series cancellation, it is not a hold up either, he won more races including the head to head at Daytona.
RG1
3/15/2020 3:53am
Racer111 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
ATKpilot99 wrote:
You're right . Eli was the only one out there pushing and giving 100% Huh
Not what I said. At all
Silas444
3/15/2020 6:23am
Anyone remember a couple years ago, when Zach Osborne fell in the first corner and then rode the wheels off his bike to catch Savatgy, finally punting him off the track in order to secure the victory? Why did he do that? To win the championship. Is there anyone on here who thinks he would have done that if that had been a mid-season race? No, they don't - not if they're being honest, anyway. Final races are just that - FINAL - and they're always different. The pressure is amped to the sky, and it takes a certain mindset to perform (or perhaps excel) under all that crazy pressure.

If Tomac gets this championship without having to face the sleepless, doubt-filled, jittery night final races always provide to championship contenders, then he dodged a bullet that might very well have taken him out. No one here being honest with themselves can say otherwise. It's just common sense.

I've had enough interactions with Eli's, um, "fans" to know that they aren't always receptive to common sense, though, and they're ain't nothin' you can do to make them otherwise. If he gets cut, they bleed.
gantry25
3/15/2020 6:32am
Really doesnt seem right of them to crown a champion with so many races to go and kenny didnt know that daytona pass would be the...
Really doesnt seem right of them to crown a champion with so many races to go and kenny didnt know that daytona pass would be the end or I'm sure he may have rode a little different. Either way I feel there are too many rounds to go for FELD to crown a champion this year
TDeath21 wrote:
Yeah that’s the big thing for me. A 10 round series is fine as long as they know going in it’s 10 rounds. But to cancel...
Yeah that’s the big thing for me. A 10 round series is fine as long as they know going in it’s 10 rounds. But to cancel mid series like this especially with a close points race where you know the last few rounds would have been ridden completely different had they known this was it, it is not fair at all to crown anyone. Either no champion or maybe crown co-champions but even that isn’t fair to Webb who maybe could catch fire late and pull it out. Just sucks all the way around.
Webb is currently 29 points down. He would need both Eli and Ken to have DNF's. He would then need to beat both of them multiple times the rest of the series. He's not as fast as Eli but could swap wins with Kenny. The odds of that scenario playing out are astronomical. This was a two man race, Webb was done for 2020.
If this is the end of the season, the one cool thing about all this is that the fastest man actually won the championship.
ATKpilot99
3/15/2020 8:18am
Regardless of any riders approach to that race I think one thing everyone can agree on is it would suck if the championship is decided this way. It's anticlimactic.
chuck356
3/15/2020 9:50am
All the racing action that happened this season was awesome: all these guys gave it 100% every time the gate dropped and raced their asses off until the checkers. These guys are all winners in my book. However, there is only room at the top for one champion when the season ends, and sadly, do to things beyond the sports control (more on the virus scare in a minute), the end came abruptly, and out of no where.

Was Eli the best guy during the season? He didn't just come out and win every round, but the results speak for themselves: Eli had the most points (the main criteria in which the season is decided), the most wins, and when he was on, no one could run with him. No one knew this silly shit was going to happen and shut things down, but at this point in time, Eli is the clear points leader, and if the championship stops now, he will be the 2020 SX champ. It is what it is, like it or not.

This is going to be a good thing for absolutely nobody. Eli would have much rather won a 17 round championship, but that is out of his control. Kawasaki won't be able to promote his championship like normal, hell we don't even know how long it will be before the series is completed.

All this because of the overblown virus scare. It's not about public safety, it's all political.
TDeath21
3/15/2020 3:11pm
Racer111 wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:
This isn't rocket science dude. People race differently at the last few rounds of the championship than they do in the middle of it. This shouldn't...
This isn't rocket science dude. People race differently at the last few rounds of the championship than they do in the middle of it. This shouldn't be a tough concept to grasp.
gregyou wrote:
Roczen is on record saying he was wanting to put extra effort in to beat tomac at Daytona. He said he was going to try his...
Roczen is on record saying he was wanting to put extra effort in to beat tomac at Daytona. He said he was going to try his hardest.
Yes that’s the classy thing to say. Riders say this sort of stuff all the time. Carmichael for instance would constantly say Stewart is the fastest guy in MX and then go out and win by 20 seconds. Numerous other examples too. Riders aren’t telling the entire truth up there on the podium. In this case Roczen isn’t gonna try to take away from Tomac’s win by saying he could have pushed harder. Not the type of guy he is.
APLMAN99
3/15/2020 3:16pm Edited Date/Time 3/15/2020 3:16pm
TDeath21 wrote:
gregyou wrote:
Roczen is on record saying he was wanting to put extra effort in to beat tomac at Daytona. He said he was going to try his...
TDeath21 wrote:
Yes that’s the classy thing to say. Riders say this sort of stuff all the time. Carmichael for instance would constantly say Stewart is the fastest...
Yes that’s the classy thing to say. Riders say this sort of stuff all the time. Carmichael for instance would constantly say Stewart is the fastest guy in MX and then go out and win by 20 seconds. Numerous other examples too. Riders aren’t telling the entire truth up there on the podium. In this case Roczen isn’t gonna try to take away from Tomac’s win by saying he could have pushed harder. Not the type of guy he is.
Roczen said this before the race, not just after...……

This wasn't just from a podium speech.

Post a reply to: Think how Eli will feel if he gets crowned now

The Latest