Think how Eli will feel if he gets crowned now

Related:
Create New Tag

3/13/2020 2:07 AM

Imagine finally winning your first SX championship, after coming so close so many times.
Only to find out via phone call and not get to stand on the podium with your team, spray the champagne, wear the #1 jersey backwards and celebrate with your team..
I am sure he wouldn’t want it this way too..

|

3/13/2020 2:31 AM

I wonder what his Kawi contact says about thing like this? Is there a force majure clause that limits Kawi's liability for acts of God and similar circumstances like this? Does he still get his $1M+ title bonus, nothing, or is it prorated? I work in the government contracting world and these types of clauses are very common.

|

3/13/2020 4:28 AM

Big Trophy
$3,000,000

All that is chicken scratch in the Kawasaki/Monster world

|

3/13/2020 4:34 AM

Probably feel like the 2020 sx champ maybe? Dunno.

|

3/13/2020 4:37 AM

Full pay, half the work! Who wouldn't like that?

|

3/13/2020 4:43 AM

Smile on his face headed to the bank

Photo

|

3/13/2020 4:49 AM

Badd127 wrote:

Bingo! Rest up for a bit then hit the books for outdoors and go school some mofos. SX season should be shortened to 10 rounds anyhow. Same shit, different city gets boring after about week 6.

|

3/13/2020 5:00 AM

Badd127 wrote:

😀

|

3/13/2020 5:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2020 5:40 AM

He'll feel pretty good. Honestly won title ground out as pretenders fell by the wayside or didn't measure up.
Healthy, wealthy, wise and satisfied with another milestone passed and looking to a long holiday as well as his genetic legacy imminent and his gene providers bathed in the glowing light of their humble sons ability and toiled-for triumph.

|

If the glass is half full it's twice as big as it needs to be.

3/13/2020 5:52 AM

He will have won, no doubt about it.

Think how Webb will feel, Anderson never got going, Roczen ....dammit sucks for him but he has become impervious to disappointment.
Barcia...great year. AC..well I dunno, love watching him. Plessinger, never saw the light of day

|

3/13/2020 5:56 AM

He'd probably feel like he won the most races and scored the most points. It would also be fitting that a come from behind win at Daytona was the clincher.

|

3/13/2020 6:15 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Big Trophy
$3,000,000

All that is chicken scratch in the Kawasaki/Monster world

Is $3M the new championship bonus these days or just specifically what Eli negotiated with Kawi? I always heard it was $1M for 450 championships.

|

3/13/2020 6:25 AM

RoflCopter726 wrote:

Is $3M the new championship bonus these days or just specifically what Eli negotiated with Kawi? I always heard it was $1M for 450 championships.

RC got a 1 million bonus from Honda 18 years ago, I would hope monster money has bumped it up a bit.

|

3/13/2020 6:31 AM

Timo_2824 wrote:

RC got a 1 million bonus from Honda 18 years ago, I would hope monster money has bumped it up a bit.

Why am I going for my 40h schedule job instead of winning championships? Questionable decision by me. :D

|

3/13/2020 6:56 AM

prob similar to how grant langston felt in 2003

they cancelled troy and he was told over the phone.

|

3/13/2020 6:58 AM

Now he’s always gonna have people saying “oh well he didn’t win a full season” blah blah blah. Sucks on every angle.

|

GP740
Since 1987

3/13/2020 6:59 AM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

Now he’s always gonna have people saying “oh well he didn’t win a full season” blah blah blah. Sucks on every angle.

The *Asterisk People.

|

3/13/2020 7:01 AM

Bank account gets filled back up, doesn't have to risk his life at so many races this year.... seems like a win/win scenario for ET3.......

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

3/13/2020 7:03 AM

Mixed emotions, I would imagine.

|

Current rides: 2016 KTM 250SXF, 2017 KTM 350SXF

3/13/2020 7:06 AM

If he's leading the points when they pull the pin, then that's all there is to it.

On the flip side of that, all the Manufacturers will be saving coin by not yarding their rigs around the country to the remaining races.

|

3/13/2020 7:06 AM

I would think it would feel slightly hollow, not in that he didn't earn it. Most wins, most point's so he definitely earned it if that's the case. But in the fact he couldn't celebrate with his team and fans all ppl that helped him and all that hoopla that goes with winning a championship.

|

3/13/2020 7:14 AM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

davistld01 wrote:

The *Asterisk People.

If I were Tomac--other than the bonus money--it would be a very unfulfilling c'ship. The guy is a competitor and I doubt he'd want to win it this way. And yes, any time you refer back to this season, you'll ALWAYS remember in the back of your head that it had to be abandoned because of the Covid-19 scare. That's just the reality.

|

3/13/2020 7:42 AM

It would really suck and it would have a literal asterisk next to it because of how the season ended. He wouldn’t feel the same. He wouldn’t be able to enjoy it the same. Fans would always say he hasn’t really won one. A lot like Langston in 03.

|

3/13/2020 7:44 AM

Momus wrote:

He'll feel pretty good. Honestly won title ground out as pretenders fell by the wayside or didn't measure up.
Healthy, wealthy, wise and satisfied with another milestone passed and looking to a long holiday as well as his genetic legacy imminent and his gene providers bathed in the glowing light of their humble sons ability and toiled-for triumph.

My instincts tell me you should be locked up.

|

3/13/2020 7:48 AM

So Denver, SLC, Vegas, and Foxborough are already cancelled?

|

No brains, No headaches.

3/13/2020 7:50 AM

TDeath21 wrote:

It would really suck and it would have a literal asterisk next to it because of how the season ended. He wouldn’t feel the same. He wouldn’t be able to enjoy it the same. Fans would always say he hasn’t really won one. A lot like Langston in 03.

He really won it with most wins most points and most passes made. He is the clear winner. The way it was halted isn’t in anyone’s control.

|

3/13/2020 7:52 AM

TDeath21 wrote:

Excaliburbmx wrote:

He really won it with most wins most points and most passes made. He is the clear winner. The way it was halted isn’t in anyone’s control.

Okay. Not sure why you quoted me. This is an entirely different point. Should have been its own post.

|

3/13/2020 7:54 AM

That would suck for everyone (most of all for Kenny) but I don't think it's very unlikely that it is going to go down like that.

Either way he will have deserved it. At least at this point.

|

3/13/2020 7:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2020 7:59 AM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

davistld01 wrote:

The *Asterisk People.

1988 was only 10 rounds, I don't hear people calling that an asterisk season. I think he's in the clear.

|

3/13/2020 8:04 AM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

davistld01 wrote:

The *Asterisk People.

mark_swart wrote:

1988 was only 10 rounds, I don't hear people calling that an asterisk season. I think he's in the clear.

Was it 10 rounds going into it though or canceled mid season with a tight points race?

|