Think Technology Seat Foam - Order Problem

Related:
Create New Tag

12/11/2019 10:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/11/2019 10:54 AM

I am having a pretty bad experience trying to get the Think seat foam.

I filled out the Contact Us form on the website asking if the foam was available for a 2019 KTM 250. A month later, Dan calls and says he's got them ready to ship, We talk for a while and it is very clear that Dan is very intelligent and is very busy with lots of other high-tech projects. So I give him my card and pay $270 for everything I'm ordering.

A few weeks go by and nothing arrives. So I email and call a few times (he gave me his personal number). Eventually, he calls back and he says it was shipped. I'm like what's the tracking number, I'll contact UPS and double-check to make sure it went to the correct address. To which he is unable to provide it and says he'll call me back.

A few more weeks go by and he will not answer the phone or an email. I have his number which actually does go to his personal voicemail.

I'm bummed as it seems like the foam is pretty nice. If anyone is in contact with Dan, would you ask him to call Brian in Florida? I guess I'll need to file a dispute to get my money.

|

12/11/2019 11:57 AM

From reading feedback on here, it's a continuous problem with them.

Try guts next time

|

12/11/2019 12:54 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

Try guts next time

X2. Lotta drama at Think.

|

12/11/2019 1:00 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

Try guts next time

If you do, make sure you check that foam for holes through the plastic bag before you open it...

|

12/11/2019 2:39 PM

When i got my foam for my bike they had sold my seat foam to a factory team.
It took 3-4 months before i got the foam i orderd.

|

12/11/2019 3:57 PM

Just contest the charge on your card and move on.

|

12/11/2019 6:46 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

Try guts next time

Doddy wrote:

If you do, make sure you check that foam for holes through the plastic bag before you open it...

The seat foam has holes drilled in it. Is that what you mean?

|

12/11/2019 7:27 PM

T-Fish wrote:

No. I mean i had a hole up front that you could feel. Perhaps a bubble when it was made? Was also deformed towards the front also.

I dont know about any holes you speak of as there are none on the one they replaced it with. Now it feels great.

|

12/12/2019 3:57 AM

The guy is a blowhard and has no idea how to run a business. No way would I waste another second of my time with him. Get a guts seat and deal with a company that actually wants to sell you something.

|

IG @black_dog_moto

Manufacturing titanium seat brackets for YZ 125 and 250. KTM & Husqvarna parts soon. PM on Vital or IG for more info!

12/27/2019 4:55 PM

Update: Dan sent the seat foam. 100% unexpected. The same day I contacted my bank I decided to send one last text message. A few hours later he replied with a tracking number.

The foam is a work of art. I'm excited to try it.

The only problem is that Dan did not send the seat cover. Again, he's not answering text messages. This is like pulling teeth. Gotta give credit where credit is due... the seat foam is amazing.

|

12/27/2019 5:03 PM

I have a brand new Think seat foam for a 16-18 KTM. It is still in the bag, never been opened.

Cost $300 if I remember right. I have struggled to find a cheap used seat base, so I went with a complete Guts seat and will be selling this one. I’ve weighed it, and with the bag it’s in, it weight in at just over 3 ounces. When I got it, I thought the box was empty.

|

12/27/2019 5:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/27/2019 5:07 PM

Doddy wrote:

T-Fish wrote:

Doddy wrote:

No. I mean i had a hole up front that you could feel. Perhaps a bubble when it was made? Was also deformed towards the front also.

I dont know about any holes you speak of as there are none on the one they replaced it with. Now it feels great.

I think there are holes drilled in the underside of the foam. Maybe I’m wrong? I pulled the seat out of the box, weighed it with the bag it’s in, and put it back in the box. I could’ve sworn that there are small holes drilled into the underside. I’ll have to check now.

|

12/27/2019 6:00 PM

T-Fish wrote:

I think there are holes drilled in the underside of the foam. Maybe I’m wrong? I pulled the seat out of the box, weighed it with the bag it’s in, and put it back in the box. I could’ve sworn that there are small holes drilled into the underside. I’ll have to check now.

It definitely wasn't from the underside.

|

12/28/2019 4:49 AM

Doddy wrote:

T-Fish wrote:

Doddy wrote:

It definitely wasn't from the underside.

These are the holes I’m referring to.

|

12/31/2019 2:10 PM

Update 2:

He sent the incorrect seat foam. I ordered for a 2019 KTN 250SX, not sure what this fits:

|

12/31/2019 2:23 PM

That seat pictured above foam is for a '16-'18 KTM SX/SX-f

|

1/1/2020 4:33 PM

Years ago we paid Think to do up seat foam for our YZ250s....Months upon months went by and nothing... No answer to emails, no nothing...Last email was I was going to fly down and kick his ass...money refunded that day...

I would never deal with them...

|

1/2/2020 12:54 PM

Same here... but that's years ago...

|

1/3/2020 12:27 AM

T-Fish wrote:

These are the holes I’m referring to.

It's possible mine has that. I am not trying to say you are wrong. I never got to look at the underside as It was glued to the seat base.

The hole on the top of the seat that I am referring to, felt and looked one of those smaller holes in your picture. Not quite as round though.

Also, the edges of your foam and the guys in the other picture look way cleaner than what I got. It almost looks like a completely different material.

|