Think Stewart regrets...

Related:
Create New Tag

1/24/2010 4:45 PM

The time he allowed Dungey to spend living with him?

DeCoster always talks about how he's never seen another rider who is the sponge that Dungey is. How he is always asking questions and picking things up. Dungey lived with James and was obviously picking up on James' tendencies and race craft.

Im not even saying that Dungey is the guy to beat, but he is obviously "clicking" and gaining confidence, which with the team he has behind him is just about the last/most important part of the puzzle.

PLEASE!! I dont degrade this into a my guy/your guy 6th grade bitch fest. It IS possible to debate a point with logic, not blind devotion.

|

Preparation+Opportunity=Luck.

1/24/2010 4:50 PM

how many guys have raced SX for years and never won a main? RD has two in three races so he is doing pretty good for a rookie + I think he buzzed his sissy highlighted hair off.

|

Brapasaurus Rex

1/24/2010 4:52 PM

I think JS is prolly regretting not hanging out at RC's house- I have a feeling that that is what is closing the gap- Remember CR last year working with him came out swinging too- IMO

|

1/24/2010 5:53 PM

Cook441 wrote:

I think JS is prolly regretting not hanging out at RC's house- I have a feeling that that is what is closing the gap- Remember CR last year working with him came out swinging too- IMO

I'm sure the RC camp has PLENTY of Stewart reels to study!!!

|

1/24/2010 6:13 PM

Not to minimalize Dungey's recent accomplishments and outright crazy speed, (I'm a Ryan Dungey fan) but judging by how banged up Stewart is and how close he was to Dungey and Hill, I don't think Dungey would dominate a healthy Stewart.

While I am constantly amazed at JS' talent and skill, I'm not a big fan. I guess I'm drawn by the guys that really have to work at developing their talent, like Dungey. James is just such a raw talent that it all comes a lot more naturally to him.

If he was healthy, most of the time, JS will beat Dungey, but I think by seasons end, Dungey would be very close to beating JS.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Chuck Norris is 1/8th Scottish. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Scotsman!

1/24/2010 6:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/24/2010 6:38 PM

TerryK wrote:

Not to minimalize Dungey's recent accomplishments and outright crazy speed, (I'm a Ryan Dungey fan) but judging by how banged up Stewart is and how close he was to Dungey and Hill, I don't think Dungey would dominate a healthy Stewart.

While I am constantly amazed at JS' talent and skill, I'm not a big fan. I guess I'm drawn by the guys that really have to work at developing their talent, like Dungey. James is just such a raw talent that it all comes a lot more naturally to him.

If he was healthy, most of the time, JS will beat Dungey, but I think by seasons end, Dungey would be very close to beating JS.

I see your point, but lets remember A1, Dungey put on a second charge and almost got Bubba back at the end just before he (Dungey) caught some wheel spin. I still say its too early to say yet who would beat who, because for all we know Stewart could have had a bad setup at A1, we really just have to wait and see. What we do know and can be excited about is that this season is shaping up to be amazing because both those guys are super motivated and Dungey is "super pumped"! And both are extremely talented.

|

17 KTM 450 SXF - AMAZING!

1/24/2010 6:56 PM

adamdf wrote:

I see your point, but lets remember A1, Dungey put on a second charge and almost got Bubba back at the end just before he (Dungey) caught some wheel spin. I still say its too early to say yet who would beat who, because for all we know Stewart could have had a bad setup at A1, we really just have to wait and see. What we do know and can be excited about is that this season is shaping up to be amazing because both those guys are super motivated and Dungey is "super pumped"! And both are extremely talented.

I disagree. JS was obviously holding back until lap 12, then he turning it up a notch for 5 laps, and laid back again on lap 20 which is why Dungey caught him. It's all right there in the lap charts.

Damn, I'm starting to sound like a JS fan!! (I'm NOT)

Boy am I going to get it now!! tongue

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Chuck Norris is 1/8th Scottish. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Scotsman!

1/24/2010 6:56 PM

It is going to be a good season, thats for sure.

|

1/24/2010 6:59 PM

TerryK wrote:

Not to minimalize Dungey's recent accomplishments and outright crazy speed, (I'm a Ryan Dungey fan) but judging by how banged up Stewart is and how close he was to Dungey and Hill, I don't think Dungey would dominate a healthy Stewart.

While I am constantly amazed at JS' talent and skill, I'm not a big fan. I guess I'm drawn by the guys that really have to work at developing their talent, like Dungey. James is just such a raw talent that it all comes a lot more naturally to him.

If he was healthy, most of the time, JS will beat Dungey, but I think by seasons end, Dungey would be very close to beating JS.

Using your logic I wonder how Dungey stayed so close to James when he was healthy and even though Ryan was dealing with all those nerves of running up, and starting his first ever big bike race- Others are being elevated not the other way around-

|

1/24/2010 7:02 PM

In regards to A1, I would point to James' comments about making changes to the bike after the heat race which ended up making it worse.

|

Preparation+Opportunity=Luck.

1/24/2010 7:02 PM

TerryK wrote:

Not to minimalize Dungey's recent accomplishments and outright crazy speed, (I'm a Ryan Dungey fan) but judging by how banged up Stewart is and how close he was to Dungey and Hill, I don't think Dungey would dominate a healthy Stewart.

While I am constantly amazed at JS' talent and skill, I'm not a big fan. I guess I'm drawn by the guys that really have to work at developing their talent, like Dungey. James is just such a raw talent that it all comes a lot more naturally to him.

If he was healthy, most of the time, JS will beat Dungey, but I think by seasons end, Dungey would be very close to beating JS.

adamdf wrote:

I see your point, but lets remember A1, Dungey put on a second charge and almost got Bubba back at the end just before he (Dungey) caught some wheel spin. I still say its too early to say yet who would beat who, because for all we know Stewart could have had a bad setup at A1, we really just have to wait and see. What we do know and can be excited about is that this season is shaping up to be amazing because both those guys are super motivated and Dungey is "super pumped"! And both are extremely talented.

TerryK wrote:

I disagree. JS was obviously holding back until lap 12, then he turning it up a notch for 5 laps, and laid back again on lap 20 which is why Dungey caught him. It's all right there in the lap charts.

Damn, I'm starting to sound like a JS fan!! (I'm NOT)

Boy am I going to get it now!! tongue

when was James fastest lap? before or after lap 12? look again or rather not weve already hashed this out- You can't say James slowed down and thats wwhy RD caught him and not say the same for RD. James turned nothing up RD started riding tight for a few laps made some mistakes slowed down-

|

1/24/2010 7:04 PM

TerryK wrote:

Not to minimalize Dungey's recent accomplishments and outright crazy speed, (I'm a Ryan Dungey fan) but judging by how banged up Stewart is and how close he was to Dungey and Hill, I don't think Dungey would dominate a healthy Stewart.

While I am constantly amazed at JS' talent and skill, I'm not a big fan. I guess I'm drawn by the guys that really have to work at developing their talent, like Dungey. James is just such a raw talent that it all comes a lot more naturally to him.

If he was healthy, most of the time, JS will beat Dungey, but I think by seasons end, Dungey would be very close to beating JS.

adamdf wrote:

I see your point, but lets remember A1, Dungey put on a second charge and almost got Bubba back at the end just before he (Dungey) caught some wheel spin. I still say its too early to say yet who would beat who, because for all we know Stewart could have had a bad setup at A1, we really just have to wait and see. What we do know and can be excited about is that this season is shaping up to be amazing because both those guys are super motivated and Dungey is "super pumped"! And both are extremely talented.

Yep. At A1 Dungey fought off the new guy pressure by leading most of the race.He was passed by the "FMOTP" and came back to nearly make a pass except for the spinout. He rode in control,smooth and not on the ragged edge to be where he was. Then he has cruised in control to two wins. Good starts,not flailing and hitting other riders,not forcing the issue like some rider's do? Yeah,I'd say RD is for real and James knows it. We have a great season ahead of us when JS get's over his soreness.smile

|

1/24/2010 7:05 PM

swizcore wrote:

In regards to A1, I would point to James' comments about making changes to the bike after the heat race which ended up making it worse.

Thats because Dungey was FASTER in his heat- James was chasing tenths ...

|

1/24/2010 7:06 PM

I believe if Dungey hadn't slid out in that corner on the last lap he would have gotten James. Theres obviously no shaking Dungey.

|

Preparation+Opportunity=Luck.

1/24/2010 7:08 PM

adamdf wrote:

I see your point, but lets remember A1, Dungey put on a second charge and almost got Bubba back at the end just before he (Dungey) caught some wheel spin. I still say its too early to say yet who would beat who, because for all we know Stewart could have had a bad setup at A1, we really just have to wait and see. What we do know and can be excited about is that this season is shaping up to be amazing because both those guys are super motivated and Dungey is "super pumped"! And both are extremely talented.

TerryK wrote:

I disagree. JS was obviously holding back until lap 12, then he turning it up a notch for 5 laps, and laid back again on lap 20 which is why Dungey caught him. It's all right there in the lap charts.

Damn, I'm starting to sound like a JS fan!! (I'm NOT)

Boy am I going to get it now!! tongue

Cook441 wrote:

when was James fastest lap? before or after lap 12? look again or rather not weve already hashed this out- You can't say James slowed down and thats wwhy RD caught him and not say the same for RD. James turned nothing up RD started riding tight for a few laps made some mistakes slowed down-

Like RC, Dungey has sold his soul to the Devil...

|

Some of these posts are like reading closed caption on the cartoon channel...



Hello?..Vital?...

1/24/2010 7:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/24/2010 7:13 PM

I also noticed that RD at a1 1st timed practice was .5 off JS goes back watches vid w RC decoster comes out for 2nd practice and has closed the gap with Stewarts time. then is faster in the heat- Phoenix starts out the same James is .5 faster and then No James for second practice...coincidence? Are the two correlated? who knows just an observation thats way off topic - sorry

|

1/24/2010 7:35 PM

“Your mother is an hamster and your father smells of elderberries!”

|

1/24/2010 8:38 PM

Bigfoot wrote:

“Your mother is an hamster and your father smells of elderberries!”

laughing
|

Preparation+Opportunity=Luck.

1/24/2010 9:15 PM

swizcore wrote:

I believe if Dungey hadn't slid out in that corner on the last lap he would have gotten James. Theres obviously no shaking Dungey.

I think you're right...
I also think that if Dungey had been a little more aggressive,
he would have have pulled it off.
I remember in 2008 MX when GL gave him hell at 338,
JS said grant wouldn't be coming back to his place anytime soon...
cool

|

DBB

1/24/2010 9:32 PM

adamdf wrote:

I see your point, but lets remember A1, Dungey put on a second charge and almost got Bubba back at the end just before he (Dungey) caught some wheel spin. I still say its too early to say yet who would beat who, because for all we know Stewart could have had a bad setup at A1, we really just have to wait and see. What we do know and can be excited about is that this season is shaping up to be amazing because both those guys are super motivated and Dungey is "super pumped"! And both are extremely talented.

TerryK wrote:

I disagree. JS was obviously holding back until lap 12, then he turning it up a notch for 5 laps, and laid back again on lap 20 which is why Dungey caught him. It's all right there in the lap charts.

Damn, I'm starting to sound like a JS fan!! (I'm NOT)

Boy am I going to get it now!! tongue

Cook441 wrote:

when was James fastest lap? before or after lap 12? look again or rather not weve already hashed this out- You can't say James slowed down and thats wwhy RD caught him and not say the same for RD. James turned nothing up RD started riding tight for a few laps made some mistakes slowed down-

If you would have been watching the lap times closely, you would have seen JS pick up 2 seconds on lap 14 I believe and RD stay the same for 5. So for the next 5 laps JS was 1-3 seconds faster than RD, who remained roughly the same. On the last lap, JS slowed by almost 3 seconds, which allowed RD to catch up.

Sorry, but that's the facts. JS paced RD until he needed to make the pass, then slowed on the 2nd last lap to ensure the win.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Chuck Norris is 1/8th Scottish. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Scotsman!

1/24/2010 9:32 PM

Here you go, it's all here in black and white:

http://www.amapromail.com/pdfresults/sx/2010/01-anaheim1/sxm1indseg.pdf

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Chuck Norris is 1/8th Scottish. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Scotsman!

1/24/2010 10:18 PM

BTW, Dungey's fastest lap was lap 10. The last three laps were three of his slowest. Can you explain how he reeled JS in while going slower????

I didn't think so.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Chuck Norris is 1/8th Scottish. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Scotsman!

1/24/2010 10:34 PM

Cook441 wrote:

Using your logic I wonder how Dungey stayed so close to James when he was healthy and even though Ryan was dealing with all those nerves of running up, and starting his first ever big bike race- Others are being elevated not the other way around-

This season was not his first ever big-bike race(450SX), he had a few under his belt already.

|

1/25/2010 12:14 AM

TerryK wrote:

Not to minimalize Dungey's recent accomplishments and outright crazy speed, (I'm a Ryan Dungey fan) but judging by how banged up Stewart is and how close he was to Dungey and Hill, I don't think Dungey would dominate a healthy Stewart.

While I am constantly amazed at JS' talent and skill, I'm not a big fan. I guess I'm drawn by the guys that really have to work at developing their talent, like Dungey. James is just such a raw talent that it all comes a lot more naturally to him.

If he was healthy, most of the time, JS will beat Dungey, but I think by seasons end, Dungey would be very close to beating JS.

Cook441 wrote:

Using your logic I wonder how Dungey stayed so close to James when he was healthy and even though Ryan was dealing with all those nerves of running up, and starting his first ever big bike race- Others are being elevated not the other way around-

eurohero wrote:

This season was not his first ever big-bike race(450SX), he had a few under his belt already.

Stewart may have been healthy, but he wasn't in 100% top shape. I like Dungey too, but after a couple more races, JS will be 100%, and the only person who will beat James is James. He is very capable of winning the last 12 races or so.

I hope I'm wrong and Dungey can keep up with him and make it exciting, but my confidence is low about that. JS will be very motivated.

The rider I'm disappointed in is Villapoto. While Reed is out, I'd love to see the old man John Dowd on that bike. Show the yougin's a thing or two. Remember Southwick last summer?

|

1/25/2010 12:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/25/2010 12:39 AM

Yeah, Southwick has so much in common with all the tracks so far. RV will be crushed when he hears of your disappointment & RD probably won't be able to race because your confidence in him is so low. Thanks for ruining supercross for everyone Bojangles

|

1/25/2010 12:58 AM

CASH476 wrote:

Yeah, Southwick has so much in common with all the tracks so far. RV will be crushed when he hears of your disappointment & RD probably won't be able to race because your confidence in him is so low. Thanks for ruining supercross for everyone Bojangles

What's wrong with you Australians? Sensitive little poofs, aren't you? You obviously don't recognize tongue in cheek comments. Of course Southwick is different than sx. Having said that, it would still be great to have the old man give it a shot.

RV doesn't give a crap about what any of us think, but his results aren't exactly stellar at this point. I doubt he was very happy getting beat by Scott Brayton.

Can't you read? I'm pulling for Dungey, and this could be the best season ever. Quit being a sissy and saying I'm "ruining supercross for everyone."

But mark my words, when JS gets fully healthy, RD will have a harder time. I'm not a JS fan, but when he's 100%, he far and away the best, even though he's an asshole.

|

1/25/2010 1:14 AM

Cook441 wrote:

Using your logic I wonder how Dungey stayed so close to James when he was healthy and even though Ryan was dealing with all those nerves of running up, and starting his first ever big bike race- Others are being elevated not the other way around-

eurohero wrote:

This season was not his first ever big-bike race(450SX), he had a few under his belt already.

Bojangles wrote:

Stewart may have been healthy, but he wasn't in 100% top shape. I like Dungey too, but after a couple more races, JS will be 100%, and the only person who will beat James is James. He is very capable of winning the last 12 races or so.

I hope I'm wrong and Dungey can keep up with him and make it exciting, but my confidence is low about that. JS will be very motivated.

The rider I'm disappointed in is Villapoto. While Reed is out, I'd love to see the old man John Dowd on that bike. Show the yougin's a thing or two. Remember Southwick last summer?

I'll be damned if Dowd gets a ride before Ferry! Ferry will be on Reed's bike at SF.

|

1/25/2010 1:17 AM

"What's wrong with you Australians? Sensitive little poofs, aren't you?"

Hahaha thats some funny stuff laughing

|

1/25/2010 3:26 AM

I agree with spacemonkey. I think James welcomes the competition. RC used to say he wanted someone to race with too. I think they need it or they get bored. I get bored at my local track until someone faster than me shows up. Don't you guys ever have that? I'm slow but I am the fastest guy by a pretty big margin in my group. The guy that was as fast or faster than me broke his neck and hung up his boots last year. (he is fine) I get really bored on the days nobody faster shows up. Maybe this is what James needs to spice it up for him again. JMO

|

Are we gonna ride or are we gonna mess around all day?

1/25/2010 5:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 8:20 PM

None of that Bullshit matters..... What matters are results and points. And as of right now Dungey has scoreboard....

Make any fugging excuse you want, it doesnt matter. 22 points are what matters. Everyone that doesnt win has an excuse.......

|

" Passion is a beautiful thing until you're blinded by it "