Things I took away from the pulp interviews..

jambalaya
8/16/2022 9:32am
Matthes has always been extremely biased. Why is anyone surprised by this
TeamGreen
8/16/2022 9:36am
As others have said, far too many "people that should be smarter than that" have spent WAY TOO MUCH TIME ignoring the rule: Motivation has no place in this...well...until some of these people thought this should be a bad episode of The Kardashians.

The "ass kissing" and "sucking up" is truly embarrassing. The denial that intimidation, manipulation and political tactics were used to scare the living shit out of a minor is, also, pretty damn sad and makes me pissed at quite few people that were there when it all went down.

It appears some specificity is needed when it comes down to HOW and WHEN this rule WILL BE ENFORCED...
"Immediately AFTER the Claimed Bike's Rider rides their last race, the bike will go directly to impound. NOTHING SHALL BE removed, replaced or handled by ANYONE after the race." Maybe that needs to be in there?

I do appreciate that they had all these "participants in the fiasco" on the show; but, some of the leading questions and un-needed assistance with answers was worse than listening to really bad karaoke.
xr70
8/16/2022 9:36am
Exact mirror in to the today’s world! Bunch of Cowards what only cares about their little dollar which is so big for them and Overrides everything else !

The Shop

TeamGreen
8/16/2022 9:42am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/08/16/564251/s1200_F0DDA8F5_4EED_48BF_979E_CE10D02AE906.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/08/16/564252/s1200_E71CE912_B625_47F5_AE1D_EA3290FF229C.jpg[/img]

So, this changes what we're talking about...?
How...?
Rules Matter, bro.

Besides, what all that drama-posting does is bump up "the eyes on the Deegan's" which is what Social Media is all about! Laughing

Drama, Drama, Drama. No one around here has any business talking smack on Reality TV and the like Dry The Walker "contributions" to this story seem to make that point. Don't they?
kNewc
8/16/2022 9:43am
Like a lot of people here, I thought JT really shined during that episode of the podcast. He was the one to really question any contradictions/anything...
Like a lot of people here, I thought JT really shined during that episode of the podcast. He was the one to really question any contradictions/anything that didn’t make sense.
We needed DV in there.
USA
Fantasy
507th
8/16/2022 9:48am
TeamGreen wrote:
As others have said, far too many [i]"people that should be smarter than that"[/i] have spent WAY TOO MUCH TIME ignoring the rule: [b]Motivation has no...
As others have said, far too many "people that should be smarter than that" have spent WAY TOO MUCH TIME ignoring the rule: Motivation has no place in this...well...until some of these people thought this should be a bad episode of The Kardashians.

The "ass kissing" and "sucking up" is truly embarrassing. The denial that intimidation, manipulation and political tactics were used to scare the living shit out of a minor is, also, pretty damn sad and makes me pissed at quite few people that were there when it all went down.

It appears some specificity is needed when it comes down to HOW and WHEN this rule WILL BE ENFORCED...
"Immediately AFTER the Claimed Bike's Rider rides their last race, the bike will go directly to impound. NOTHING SHALL BE removed, replaced or handled by ANYONE after the race." Maybe that needs to be in there?

I do appreciate that they had all these "participants in the fiasco" on the show; but, some of the leading questions and un-needed assistance with answers was worse than listening to really bad karaoke.
"The denial that intimidation, manipulation and political tactics were used to scare the living shit out of a minor is, also, pretty damn sad and makes me pissed at quite few people that were there when it all went down."

I believe we have the same views on this matter. Whom are you pissed at?
8/16/2022 9:48am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/08/16/564251/s1200_F0DDA8F5_4EED_48BF_979E_CE10D02AE906.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/08/16/564252/s1200_E71CE912_B625_47F5_AE1D_EA3290FF229C.jpg[/img]

TeamGreen wrote:
So, this changes what we're talking about...? How...? Rules Matter, bro. Besides, what all that [b]drama-posting[/b] does is bump up "the eyes on the Deegan's" which...
How...?
Rules Matter, bro.

Besides, what all that drama-posting does is bump up "the eyes on the Deegan's" which is what Social Media is all about! Laughing

Drama, Drama, Drama. No one around here has any business talking smack on Reality TV and the like Dry The Walker "contributions" to this story seem to make that point. Don't they?
All this does matter because you know all week he was going after mx sports the deegans tim cotter everyone latched on and wanted all those peoples heads on a plate but now that his story doesn’t all add up everyone is saying it doesn’t matter , doesn’t matter . Peoples jobs and livelihoods were put into question and that’s bullshit
USA
Fantasy
507th
8/16/2022 9:51am

TeamGreen wrote:
So, this changes what we're talking about...? How...? Rules Matter, bro. Besides, what all that [b]drama-posting[/b] does is bump up "the eyes on the Deegan's" which...
How...?
Rules Matter, bro.

All this does matter because you know all week he was going after mx sports the deegans tim cotter everyone latched on and wanted all those...
All this does matter because you know all week he was going after mx sports the deegans tim cotter everyone latched on and wanted all those peoples heads on a plate but now that his story doesn’t all add up everyone is saying it doesn’t matter , doesn’t matter . Peoples jobs and livelihoods were put into question and that’s bullshit
So you read this one comment posted right after a takeout on the track, 4 months ago, and come to the conclusion, "you know all week he was going after mx sports the deegans tim cotter everyone latched on and wanted all those peoples heads on a plate"?
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
8/16/2022 9:53am
TeamGreen wrote:
As others have said, far too many [i]"people that should be smarter than that"[/i] have spent WAY TOO MUCH TIME ignoring the rule: [b]Motivation has no...

USA wrote:
"The denial that intimidation, manipulation and political tactics were used to scare the living shit out of a minor is, also, pretty damn sad and makes...
"The denial that intimidation, manipulation and political tactics were used to scare the living shit out of a minor is, also, pretty damn sad and makes me pissed at quite few people that were there when it all went down."

Luce, Regan, Walker
Spankey
8/16/2022 9:55am
It's ridiculous that "motivation" for buying is even brought up. This is exactly what the rule is for. It's pretty obvious they went the intimidation route...
It's ridiculous that "motivation" for buying is even brought up. This is exactly what the rule is for. It's pretty obvious they went the intimidation route. I hope someone claims every Yamaha star's bike from now till eternity
MPJC wrote:
Exactly. This is only even being discussed because of people muddying things to make excuses. This isn't more complicated than it seems (sorry, Sore Loser) -...
Exactly. This is only even being discussed because of people muddying things to make excuses. This isn't more complicated than it seems (sorry, Sore Loser) - it's actually quite straightforward when you strip away all of the irrelevancies.
Exactly. it needs to put in front of a judge in a courtroom!
Lightning78
8/16/2022 10:01am
Bought and paid for.
It totally was....what a softball job by pulpmx. No matter which interview you listen to from Brennan and the engine builder, their stories are consistent and said without stuttering. Walker was tripping ALL OVER his words and deflecting on every statement. I was glad JT had to stones to say something while matthes and keefer "led the witness" in both interviews. There was a clear bias and it was upsetting to listen to. Neither walker or luce sounded like they had their story straight and you can hear it in their voices although Luce sounded way better.
wolf18
8/16/2022 10:17am
Bought and paid for.
It totally was....what a softball job by pulpmx. No matter which interview you listen to from Brennan and the engine builder, their stories are consistent and...
It totally was....what a softball job by pulpmx. No matter which interview you listen to from Brennan and the engine builder, their stories are consistent and said without stuttering. Walker was tripping ALL OVER his words and deflecting on every statement. I was glad JT had to stones to say something while matthes and keefer "led the witness" in both interviews. There was a clear bias and it was upsetting to listen to. Neither walker or luce sounded like they had their story straight and you can hear it in their voices although Luce sounded way better.
I think what bothered me was matthes kept saying, I don’t know why this kid would put this out there. Or something like that. Basically, matthes was saying Brennan was lying without saying Brennan was lying.
ARM670
8/16/2022 10:20am
wvumounty wrote:
Why do some people (Steve) want the price of a claimed bike increased? That would deter more people from claiming a bike rather than others modding...
Why do some people (Steve) want the price of a claimed bike increased? That would deter more people from claiming a bike rather than others modding a bike to the max.
How about make the claim price less than 2x msrp and see what these riders can really do on a bike closer to stock? Everyone always says “ that guy is so good he could win on a xr200”. Well let’s see who really needs the help of a modded maxed out bike and who can whoop up on a less modded bike. That would even the playing field.
ML512 wrote:
After talking to Burkeen and Cotter, they mentioned they have no intention of wanting the price raised. I hope it doesn't get raised, it needs to...
After talking to Burkeen and Cotter, they mentioned they have no intention of wanting the price raised. I hope it doesn't get raised, it needs to stay accessible and keep these am teams in check.
The price doesn't matter, after all, all we hear is it's a gentleman's agreement not to use the claiming rule. Or that it is career suicide. Seem to me if Walker, Star, Deegan, Cotter, MxSports, Yamaha were acting like gentleman Brennan would have the bike of his dreams. Bottom line is this is amateur racing, supposed to be teaching ethics. Racing a full pro bike in the B class is shitty. Yes Haiden has the skills to ride it so why is he in the B class. Brennan used the claiming rule as it is meant to be. (keep the factories in check). Now we have adults pressuring him to not go through with it because no one wants Stars motor opened up. (Dont bring it to LL). Makes our sport look bad all the way around.
uncledaddy69
Fantasy
1131st
8/16/2022 10:27am
Like a lot of people here, I thought JT really shined during that episode of the podcast. He was the one to really question any contradictions/anything...
Like a lot of people here, I thought JT really shined during that episode of the podcast. He was the one to really question any contradictions/anything that didn’t make sense.
kNewc wrote:
We needed DV in there.
DV, if you’re reading this, we want to know your thoughts on the situation!
OFalk280
8/16/2022 10:28am

You keep posting this as if its not common for a 17 year old kid to be pissed about getting taken out, nearly taken out or anything of the likes. Local C class racers have said worse when another riders gets near them, let alone a Lorettas caliber B rider (albeit not championship level) getting pissed off at what he thought to be a bad move? And this is somehow surprising to you?
peelout
8/16/2022 10:29am
accountability is no longer a thing
8tensolutions
8/16/2022 10:35am

TeamGreen wrote:
How...?
Rules Matter, bro.

All this does matter because you know all week he was going after mx sports the deegans tim cotter everyone latched on and wanted all those...
As far as I am concerned, Cotter's job should be at risk. He should not have been involved in any fashion as the promotor. He is not an official and does not represent the rule making body. Why was he part of this at all and then allows Deegan access to the guy claiming the bike without parents there. Oh wait, he said he didn't know he was a minor, so I guess that makes it all better.
Motoxdoc
8/16/2022 10:38am
So it seems like everyone is calling everyone else a liar, which is to be expected, but I picked up on a few subtle things during...
So it seems like everyone is calling everyone else a liar, which is to be expected, but I picked up on a few subtle things during the interviews.

Donnie from Yamaha said that in the room everyone got a little heated and there was a lot of emotion.. That sounds like a nice way of saying people were arguing and yelling.

Matt walker said he was trying to advise Brennan of what he thought was was in his best interests, yet was already in the room with Deegan etc before the “meeting”

Walker basically denies everything and passes the blame to everyone else and comes off sounding like he is full of shit..

People are trying to use the engine builder guy as a scapegoat or question the money, which is completely irrelevant..

No one interviewed was taking any kind of responsibility, it was all up to someone else..

JT was the only one with the balls to speak up about what was relevant and not.

Painful listen.
I agree with most all of that, except for that nobody taking responsibility paragraph. You can’t take responsibility for something you’re not responsible for, given that, I would say Brennan and his engine builder took responsibility for everything they did.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
8/16/2022 10:43am Edited Date/Time 8/16/2022 10:45am
As far as I am concerned, Cotter's job should be at risk. He should not have been involved in any fashion as the promotor. He is...
As far as I am concerned, Cotter's job should be at risk. He should not have been involved in any fashion as the promotor. He is not an official and does not represent the rule making body. Why was he part of this at all and then allows Deegan access to the guy claiming the bike without parents there. Oh wait, he said he didn't know he was a minor, so I guess that makes it all better.
AMA Official Mike Burkeen was the one who openly admitted to giving Brian Deegan access to the kid after he(Brian) asked him twice if he could speak to the kid. At first Mike said no and then Mike admitted he said yes after Brian asked him again saying he would be nice. Mike said that he made Brian Deegan promise all he was going to do was be nice and ask him why he was claiming it.
kage173
8/16/2022 10:50am
DV, if you’re reading this, we want to know your thoughts on the situation!
DV commented on another thread. Said everyone should move on. No big deal...since the claim was withdrawn
Matthes
8/16/2022 10:52am
wolf18 wrote:
I think what bothered me was matthes kept saying, I don’t know why this kid would put this out there. Or something like that. Basically, matthes...
I think what bothered me was matthes kept saying, I don’t know why this kid would put this out there. Or something like that. Basically, matthes was saying Brennan was lying without saying Brennan was lying.
Well, Brennan (who seems like a good kid), said in his initial video interview that his dealer (Chris from Motoplex) told him Yamaha said they were going to pull the dealers support and/or franchise if he went through with this claim. The dealer is saying did not say this.

Brennen said that it was Cotter and Deegan with him in a room, we know now Mike from AMA was in there also.

Brennen never mentioned the motors from Yamaha in his initial video interview, first time was to me. That seems rather important fact no?

To me, THE most effed up thing in this was Brennen saying that Yamaha was threatening this dealer..if true, that's absolutely terrible. Brennen admitted to me he didn't know WHO told his dealer that AND the dealer said no one from Yamaha said anything to him about that.

Brennan, who again SHOULD have this bike, has not been consistent in his side of the story. That's 100% true.
Tumic
8/16/2022 10:57am
FastEddy wrote:
AMA Official Mike Burkeen was the one who openly admitted to giving Brian Deegan access to the kid after he(Brian) asked him twice if he could...
AMA Official Mike Burkeen was the one who openly admitted to giving Brian Deegan access to the kid after he(Brian) asked him twice if he could speak to the kid. At first Mike said no and then Mike admitted he said yes after Brian asked him again saying he would be nice. Mike said that he made Brian Deegan promise all he was going to do was be nice and ask him why he was claiming it.
He should have said no to Brian. Rules are rules and Brian don’t have shit to do with it.

And now Brian are acting like the cunt he is, posting crap on instagram and telling that the trouth will always come out. Like when Haiden were caught with a big bore on his 50cc?

Brian has shown multiple times what kind of person he is, and once again he can’t manage to be a bigger person than posting edited printscreens from a 17 year old’s snap chat story..
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
8/16/2022 10:59am Edited Date/Time 8/16/2022 11:03am
wolf18 wrote:
I think what bothered me was matthes kept saying, I don’t know why this kid would put this out there. Or something like that. Basically, matthes...
Matthes wrote:
Well, Brennan (who seems like a good kid), said in his initial video interview that his dealer (Chris from Motoplex) told him Yamaha said they were...
Well, Brennan (who seems like a good kid), said in his initial video interview that his dealer (Chris from Motoplex) told him Yamaha said they were going to pull the dealers support and/or franchise if he went through with this claim. The dealer is saying did not say this.

Brennen said that it was Cotter and Deegan with him in a room, we know now Mike from AMA was in there also.

Brennen never mentioned the motors from Yamaha in his initial video interview, first time was to me. That seems rather important fact no?

To me, THE most effed up thing in this was Brennen saying that Yamaha was threatening this dealer..if true, that's absolutely terrible. Brennen admitted to me he didn't know WHO told his dealer that AND the dealer said no one from Yamaha said anything to him about that.

Brennan, who again SHOULD have this bike, has not been consistent in his side of the story. That's 100% true.
Steve,

Let me lay this out:

Donnie and Walker are chilling at Walkers RV, seemingly talking about the weather.

They call Brennan et al over and begin conversations

Motors were offered (and allegedly a day at the Farm)

Dad and dealer have sidebar and decide to pull the claim

EVEN IF there was no threat, either explicit or implied, do you REALLY believe the motor offer was disconnected from future decisions Brendan’s camp were about to make? C’mon man…..

Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1568th
8/16/2022 11:06am
Matthes wrote:
Well, Brennan (who seems like a good kid), said in his initial video interview that his dealer (Chris from Motoplex) told him Yamaha said they were...

This was presented to you by Yamaha, Unlimited parts, Thor, Twisted tea bla bla bla
Matthes
8/16/2022 11:07am
MxKing809 wrote:
Steve, Let me lay this out: Donnie and Walker are chilling at Walkers RV, seemingly talking about the weather. They call Brennan et al over and...
Steve,

Let me lay this out:

Donnie and Walker are chilling at Walkers RV, seemingly talking about the weather.

EVEN IF there was no threat, either explicit or implied, do you REALLY believe the motor offer was disconnected from future decisions Brendan’s camp were about to make? C’mon man…..

The kid said dealer pressured him to pull the claim because of Yamaha. Kid never mentioned motors except to me.

Somewhere along the way (this part is unclear) motors were offered to the kid because earlier in the week he did go to Yamaha saying he keeps blowing up motors..

Even if Luce says "Hey man, drop the claim and we'll give you motors"..what's wrong with that as long as it wasn't under threat of intimidation or whatever and IF IT WAS, why did kid say it was his dealer pressuring him to drop claim? Why not just say that?

Why did dealer deny anyone from Yamaha ever saying they were pulling support from him and why would any reasonable person think an amateur support guy has the power to do that to a dealer in another country?

Again, if you're going scorched earth like this kid did, why throw innocent dealer under the bus and not the threat of Yamaha and taking motors?
Matthes
8/16/2022 11:09am
Pakoyz250f wrote:
This was presented to you by Yamaha, Unlimited parts, Thor, Twisted tea bla bla bla
This is what someone says that doesn't have any reasonable counterpoint to an explanation. You could have just sent me a GIF of a baby with his fingers in his ears.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
8/16/2022 11:09am
MxKing809 wrote:
Steve, Let me lay this out: Donnie and Walker are chilling at Walkers RV, seemingly talking about the weather. They call Brennan et al over and...
Steve,

Let me lay this out:

Matthes wrote:
The kid said dealer pressured him to pull the claim because of Yamaha. Kid never mentioned motors except to me. Somewhere along the way (this part...

The kid said dealer pressured him to pull the claim because of Yamaha. Kid never mentioned motors except to me.

Somewhere along the way (this part is unclear) motors were offered to the kid because earlier in the week he did go to Yamaha saying he keeps blowing up motors..

Even if Luce says "Hey man, drop the claim and we'll give you motors"..what's wrong with that as long as it wasn't under threat of intimidation or whatever and IF IT WAS, why did kid say it was his dealer pressuring him to drop claim? Why not just say that?

Why did dealer deny anyone from Yamaha ever saying they were pulling support from him and why would any reasonable person think an amateur support guy has the power to do that to a dealer in another country?

Again, if you're going scorched earth like this kid did, why throw innocent dealer under the bus and not the threat of Yamaha and taking motors?
What interest does a current Yamaha dealer have in keeping a good relationship with Yamaha? Great question I guess we’ll never figure out……
TeamGreen
8/16/2022 11:10am
TeamGreen wrote:

USA wrote:
"The denial that intimidation, manipulation and political tactics were used to scare the living shit out of a minor is, also, pretty damn sad and makes...

ANYONE...

That asked the kid,"Why?" PERIOD!

ANYONE...

That opened their F'ing mouth at the kid that wasn't "Invovled" in the Claim (Deegan/AMA/The Kid are the ONLY PARTIES TO THE CLAIM).

As I've said from the on-set:

I can completely understand the Deegan's trying to keep the bike or attempting to stay involved with the discussion. It's their damn race bike!So, sure, they're gonna be involved in the discussion. But, ONLY in the presence of THE OFFICIALS.

I DO NOT understand HOW or WHY ANYONE-ELSE was involved. P E R I O D !!!

And, guess what?I don't want or need to. Again...Period!

The Claiming Rule needs clarification, specificity and ENFORCEMENT. P E R I O D !!!

Furthermore, Outside INTRUSIVE INVOLVEMENT NEEDS TO REQUIRE THAT PEOPLE ARE WALKED OFF THE F'ING PROPERTY. Never-mind the simple fact that waaaay too much of this is manipulative.

Look, this really is just like a BAD EPISODE of The Kardashians. I mean...Damn. This is embarrassing.

Personally, and to explain where "I'm coming from", well, there's a lot to unpack here. Like the simple fact that I DON'T have a problem with the huge motorhomes and race transporters in the Lorretta's pits. I DON'T have a problem with the simple reality that some families have more money than others. Hell, at the very 1st LL's in 1982...my dad and I stayed in a tent. It was AWESOME! Team Green had a Semi there and they took damn good care of us Kawi-Team-Green riders! Some called that "unfair"...as they unloaded their ubber-expensive "R&D" RM 125s ...which I found kinda funny! So, this kind of "thing" has been around for a long, long, long time.

And...I know some folks blow a fuse that some of these "amateurs" live at Club Moto and what-not.
I DON'T CARE!

I simply care that we AT-THE-VERY-LEAST... -WE- ENFORCE the VERY FEW RULES that actually "try" to level the playing field.

Rules that are SUPPOSED TO address a potetntially unfair advantage.

When we get to the point that some riders have "unobtanium"? That, right there...you're shitting ALL OVER the rules.
Period.

When we play these stupid games and LITERALLY scare, threaten, manipulate and outright "run the table"in the rules...AGAINST the rules...and, worst of all, make it obvious that "there's something to hide"...?

We, the racing community...
Our Sanctioning Bodies...
Our Promoters...
Our Guardians and Gate Keepers...

Have SHIT the bed.

And, my brother, that includes you and me.

WE can demand that this stuff...these rules have teeth.

I mean, damn, this shit is embarrassing and way past ridiculous. From whatever went down at LL's to the absolute media shit show*.

Ahhh, well, shit. As usual, I digress.

My bad.

Manny...an opinionated old racer that still rides, races and cares about this sport...this life.

*(Astreisk explained): I'll bet this "media-shit show" is a social-media score across the board; and, that is a Good Thing! I love that Steve and his kind are out there and I LOVE that people are listening to his show, watching YouTube, posting in IG, twitter, FB, TikTok...Vital MX...That goof Cooksey...WHATEVER!
It's how we all found out about it! ...it's the new way that these things get so much attention...and, hopefully...
That yields a solution.
Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1568th
8/16/2022 11:13am
Matthes wrote:
This is what someone says that doesn't have any reasonable counterpoint to an explanation. You could have just sent me a GIF of a baby with...
This is what someone says that doesn't have any reasonable counterpoint to an explanation. You could have just sent me a GIF of a baby with his fingers in his ears.
Was trying to help... maybe you forgot to mention them.

There are literally hundreds and hundreds of posts and what you brought to the table is irrelevant.

This is black and white. Kid made a claim until he didn´t.. Whatever happened sucks for him.

This should get a precedent. Don´t bring a bike you are afraid to lose.

Post a reply to: Things I took away from the pulp interviews..

The Latest