They're thinking about it (Combined Championship)

Related:
Create New Tag

7/26/2021 4:41 PM

Photo

(This is Anecdotal evidence though)
|

"Life is Too Short To Last Long"

7/26/2021 4:43 PM

I got the same survey.
But I checked the NO box !!

|

7/26/2021 4:50 PM

It's called a Grand National Champion. Remember that one?

|

7/26/2021 4:50 PM

The question raises more questions in itself.

So no.

Also....no.

|

7/26/2021 4:52 PM

Suicidal_Tendencies wrote:

That was before my time.

|

7/26/2021 4:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/26/2021 5:05 PM

Motodave15 wrote:

That was before my time.

Gotcha. They had a GNC in the 80s. Bailey win it a couple of times, and it always seemed odd to me because you would have two number one plates running around in sx and the nats if someone won the sx title, and then someone won the GNC title.

What my dream is, is to combine MXGP and AMA motocross. But that will never happen for obvious reasons.

|

7/26/2021 5:03 PM

Gotcha. They had a GNC in the 80s. Bailey win it a couple of times, and it always seemed odd to me because you would have two ...more

I can definitely see how that would be confusing... I actually didnt think about that. It might even be worse because of career number guys.

|

7/26/2021 5:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/26/2021 5:08 PM

Could you share the rest of the questions?

Should the 30 second girls shake it? etc...

|

7/26/2021 5:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/26/2021 5:23 PM

Motodave15 wrote:

That was before my time.

Gotcha. They had a GNC in the 80s. Bailey win it a couple of times, and it always seemed odd to me because you would have two ...more

Motodave15 wrote:

I can definitely see how that would be confusing... I actually didnt think about that. It might even be worse because of ...more

Here are two pics of Johnny O'Mara and David Bailey from the 1985 sx series. Interesting side note is that Bailey didn't run a rear disk, but Johnny did.

Photo
Photo

|

7/26/2021 5:21 PM

Personally, I think it's useless, so no.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

7/26/2021 5:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/26/2021 5:39 PM

I don't see the point, one is motocross and the other is a stadium exhibition show. What do they have to do with each other?

|

7/26/2021 5:51 PM

Would you like to see the promoters of outdoor motocross sell the rights to MX to the promoters of SX is one possible way to interpret that.

|

7/26/2021 6:01 PM

sandhills wrote:

I don't see the point, one is motocross and the other is a stadium exhibition show. What do they have to do with each other?

The exact same riders and the exact same bikes and teams?

|

7/26/2021 6:43 PM

sandhills wrote:

The big money is in the SX series whether you like it or not.

|

Ed Johnson

7/26/2021 6:53 PM

I believe back in the day the GNC had a yellow background and black number one signifying the highest points earner combined from the previous year.

Bring it back! That’s bad ass! Doesn’t automatically mean there will be two #1’s.

While they are at it, get rid of regional SX points. Thanks

|

"I think you're pretty slow, everyone else on here knew that for years."

7/26/2021 6:57 PM

Regis wrote:

I believe back in the day the GNC had a yellow background and black number one signifying the highest points earner combined ...more

I think it was a blue plate with a yellow number.

IMO, they could do this as a fun novelty, but I would just run the blue plate with the yellow number of the rider, and not run the #1 unless they were the champion of that series.

|

7/26/2021 7:08 PM

I would be for it if it meant more money for the riders but we all know that won’t be the case.

|

7/26/2021 7:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/26/2021 7:09 PM

We're talking about two different disciplines.

Why not throw in flat track and hare scrambles while we're at it.

|

7/26/2021 7:11 PM

sandhills wrote:

Johnny Depp wrote:

The exact same riders and the exact same bikes and teams?

Incorrect. Do some homework before posting.

|

7/26/2021 7:21 PM

They also discussed who had the most combined points this year on the ‘shoog broadcast (Roczen).

|

7/26/2021 8:25 PM

There might be some toe dipping in the water. This evening I received a email from mx sports, and that very same question was included with it.

|

7/26/2021 9:26 PM

lostboy819 wrote:

The big money is in the SX series whether you like it or not.

I acknowledge that is true and admit I don't like it.

|

7/26/2021 10:00 PM

I think it is cool and legitimate. Forces a rider to not only do both, but do well in both disciplines.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

7/26/2021 10:32 PM

Regis wrote:

I believe back in the day the GNC had a yellow background and black number one signifying the highest points earner combined ...more

Yes! Get rid of regional points and titles. It would make the 250 title more valuable, and (in my opinion) better prepare the riders for the 450 class.

|

7/26/2021 10:54 PM

COOL AND GOOD

|

7/26/2021 11:05 PM

It’s funny, my initial reaction was no, I don’t like it. But the more I think about it, the more I like it!

|

7/26/2021 11:17 PM

Run an individual championship for both supercross and motocross and make the grand national champion championship conditional, riders must complete a certain percentage of both SX and MX to qualify. Rewards those most consistent over the year, brings in a bit more strategy and also has the excitement of the two current championships.

|

7/26/2021 11:39 PM

I say yes!! And get rid of the permanent numbers while you’re at it. Make the riders earn their national number every year like back in the day. All the “They can market their number” talk is nonsense.

|

7/27/2021 12:38 AM

chuckie108 wrote:

I say yes!! And get rid of the permanent numbers while you’re at it. Make the riders earn their national number every year ...more

It worked for Two Two motorsports and is working for Seven gear......

|

7/27/2021 12:52 AM

Time for a change.... But that’s not it

|