They should allow Alex Martin to Race the East Coast

Related:
Create New Tag

1/31/2018 12:57 PM

I have no idea what the exact ruling is for this by the AMA but they should allow racers to enter into the other coast series if they did not actually complete one main event on the coast they were initially entered in. Can anyone chime in on this?

|

1/31/2018 12:59 PM

I believe after you hit that first gate drop in the heat race, there is no chance of turning back and racing the other coast, no matter how bad of a night you have. Someone correct me if I am wrong!

|

http://www.taggerdesigns.net/shop/

Instagram / Snapchat @taggerdesigns

1/31/2018 1:00 PM

Agreed

|

1/31/2018 1:05 PM

Bronson905 wrote:

I believe after you hit that first gate drop in the heat race, there is no chance of turning back and racing the other coast, no matter how bad of a night you have. Someone correct me if I am wrong!

I believe even if you set a time in a practice session you can't race the other coast. I think when Wil Hahn got hurt in practice at A1 in 2011 they kind of explored him racing east if he was healthy but obviously couldn't.

|

1/31/2018 1:47 PM

No, they shouldn't. Enough of this changing rules to accommodate certain riders bullshit.

|

1/31/2018 2:04 PM

Why they just wont race one series like big bikes.. one champion per year.

|

1/31/2018 3:05 PM

You used to be able to if you weren't in the top 20 I believe.

|

1/31/2018 3:10 PM

tek14 wrote:

Why they just wont race one series like big bikes.. one champion per year.

I think they should have one series for a national 250 champion. Within that series have a West, Mid, and East regional title. You can race just your region or all of them but you pick your region before A1.

|

1/31/2018 3:20 PM

tek14 wrote:

Why they just wont race one series like big bikes.. one champion per year.

RandyS wrote:

I think they should have one series for a national 250 champion. Within that series have a West, Mid, and East regional title. You can race just your region or all of them but you pick your region before A1.

I like this idea.

|

1/31/2018 3:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/31/2018 3:25 PM

The whole idea of a 250 class is a crock. If you look at the 1st few races you will see that the top 20 lap times overall always include about 1/3 250's vs. 450's. That is just with one coast competing. But let's make sure everyone gets a trophy and a championship in this sport that is a money pit.

As long as we keep buying the snake oil they are selling we deserve what we get. There is no significant separation of the classes other than in your mind.

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

1/31/2018 3:25 PM

may104 wrote:

I have no idea what the exact ruling is for this by the AMA but they should allow racers to enter into the other coast series if they did not actually complete one main event on the coast they were initially entered in. Can anyone chime in on this?

Is this Producer Joe?

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

1/31/2018 3:29 PM

Johnny Depp wrote:

The whole idea of a 250 class is a crock. If you look at the 1st few races you will see that the top 20 lap times overall always include about 1/3 250's vs. 450's. That is just with one coast competing. But let's make sure everyone gets a trophy and a championship in this sport that is a money pit.

As long as we keep buying the snake oil they are selling we deserve what we get. There is no significant separation of the classes other than in your mind.

Tell Cooper Webb there is no significant separation of the classes.

As for combining it into one national 250 class: if the coasts are combined you will see all the teams of 4-5 riders reduced to 2-3 riders. And the lower tier 250 rides will be even more coveted and then there will be more guys with zero support. And then they'll stop going to races and the 250 class night show will just be the 38 guys who showed up. Because I can guarantee that if the class was combined there would not be an increase in prize money.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

1/31/2018 3:50 PM

Alex814 wrote:

No, they shouldn't. Enough of this changing rules to accommodate certain riders bullshit.

Completely agree. That's the coast he signed up for. Too bad if you get hurt. That's the way it goes.

|

1/31/2018 3:52 PM

Johnny Depp wrote:

The whole idea of a 250 class is a crock. If you look at the 1st few races you will see that the top 20 lap times overall always include about 1/3 250's vs. 450's. That is just with one coast competing. But let's make sure everyone gets a trophy and a championship in this sport that is a money pit.

As long as we keep buying the snake oil they are selling we deserve what we get. There is no significant separation of the classes other than in your mind.

Fine with me. I enjoy watching the racing on both bikes. Cutting half the racing out and only having 450s sounds like it would suck for us, but it's your fantasy for some reason.

|

1/31/2018 3:53 PM

I like having two coasts. I don't want to watch the exact same thing 17 weeks in a row. East / West brings a little extra to it as a viewer I think.

|

1/31/2018 4:26 PM

I have no problem with a rider switching coasts if he's injured early. Only problem in this case is Alex races for a West Coast only team.
So, should this be a definite no? If you agree that it should be allowed, what should the rules on it be?

|

1/31/2018 4:37 PM

Wandell wrote:

I have no problem with a rider switching coasts if he's injured early. Only problem in this case is Alex races for a West Coast only team.
So, should this be a definite no? If you agree that it should be allowed, what should the rules on it be?

TLD has done the east coast the past 2 or 3 seasons. Jordon Smith nearly won the east title a year ago.

|

1/31/2018 4:39 PM

Alex814 wrote:

No, they shouldn't. Enough of this changing rules to accommodate certain riders bullshit.

Squirrelings wrote:

Completely agree. That's the coast he signed up for. Too bad if you get hurt. That's the way it goes.

Should jump up to a 450 for a few races – see how he does.

|

1/31/2018 4:40 PM

They should be able to do anything they want to do

|

1/31/2018 5:23 PM

Wandell wrote:

I have no problem with a rider switching coasts if he's injured early. Only problem in this case is Alex races for a West Coast only team.
So, should this be a definite no? If you agree that it should be allowed, what should the rules on it be?

lol TLD is the factory KTM 250 team, i think TLD was west only way back when they were on honda tho.

what happen to AMart anyway?

|

1/31/2018 5:33 PM

Wandell wrote:

I have no problem with a rider switching coasts if he's injured early. Only problem in this case is Alex races for a West Coast only team.
So, should this be a definite no? If you agree that it should be allowed, what should the rules on it be?

RedDirtDog wrote:

lol TLD is the factory KTM 250 team, i think TLD was west only way back when they were on honda tho.

what happen to AMart anyway?

Collarbone.

|

1/31/2018 6:15 PM

In his first pro SX at the LA Colosseum pretty sure Ricky Carmichael raced all the way up to the heat race where he led some laps but pulled off before the finish. Thus being eligible to still race in the east.

|

1/31/2018 6:22 PM

Alex814 wrote:

No, they shouldn't. Enough of this changing rules to accommodate certain riders bullshit.

Squirrelings wrote:

Completely agree. That's the coast he signed up for. Too bad if you get hurt. That's the way it goes.

akillerwombat wrote:

Should jump up to a 450 for a few races – see how he does.

For sure! I'm a fan everytime this happens, there is no better way to truly prepare yourself to move up and/or get better.

|

1/31/2018 6:28 PM

MXTR wrote:

In his first pro SX at the LA Colosseum pretty sure Ricky Carmichael raced all the way up to the heat race where he led some laps but pulled off before the finish. Thus being eligible to still race in the east.

What was the reasoning behind that? I remotely remember that when it happened , but don't remember why he did it? At least I think I remember that.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/31/2018 6:33 PM

MXTR wrote:

In his first pro SX at the LA Colosseum pretty sure Ricky Carmichael raced all the way up to the heat race where he led some laps but pulled off before the finish. Thus being eligible to still race in the east.

jeffro503 wrote:

What was the reasoning behind that? I remotely remember that when it happened , but don't remember why he did it? At least I think I remember that.

Was pretty sure it was just to get a gate drop and some seat time on a SX track. Next day he was out at Perris for the GFI winter series.

|

1/31/2018 7:46 PM

If you combined East/West you are literally going to cut out half the talent the teams field. This is a big reason why I’m against it.

I’m all for having a few combined races but fully against merging East and West series. Many riders will not have a ride.

|

1/31/2018 8:02 PM

MXTR wrote:

In his first pro SX at the LA Colosseum pretty sure Ricky Carmichael raced all the way up to the heat race where he led some laps but pulled off before the finish. Thus being eligible to still race in the east.

the rules were different for a 1 or 2 years, where you could ride the opposite coast for no points, and I think all the pro circuit guys did it,

|

1/31/2018 8:06 PM

TXDirt wrote:

If you combined East/West you are literally going to cut out half the talent the teams field. This is a big reason why I’m against it.

I’m all for having a few combined races but fully against merging East and West series. Many riders will not have a ride.

Having a few combined races would be good. If they would do seven rounds on each coast, the last three rounds have the top ten or fifteen from each coast going at it with two mains per night that way there would be a east/west champ and a overall champ.

|

1/31/2018 9:13 PM

Johnny Depp wrote:

The whole idea of a 250 class is a crock. If you look at the 1st few races you will see that the top 20 lap times overall always include about 1/3 250's vs. 450's. That is just with one coast competing. But let's make sure everyone gets a trophy and a championship in this sport that is a money pit.

As long as we keep buying the snake oil they are selling we deserve what we get. There is no significant separation of the classes other than in your mind.

Squirrelings wrote:

Fine with me. I enjoy watching the racing on both bikes. Cutting half the racing out and only having 450s sounds like it would suck for us, but it's your fantasy for some reason.

1 open class. The best against the best, a fantasy maybe to you if you never heard of the MXDN?

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

1/31/2018 9:15 PM

The idea is that it's less expensive for privateers to race half the events in the series.
Make them race the entire season and some of them will call it quits.

I like it the way it is. This topic comes up almost every year. There are reasons for having the regions. I do like having 2 races per year that combine both coasts with one set of points to divy out.

|