They couldn't kill me!! Now I got some amends to make...

sickboy3636
Edited Date/Time 1/10/2018 8:56pm
Whats up guys.......and Tomac fans. Laughing I been sleeping for like 2 days, I got a whole lot of smart ass backed up. It ain't the little sweet soft talking filly typing no more.....sorry to disappoint. But I wanted to let everyone know, I'm doing ok. Sorry if I ramble a bit here, I still kinda doped up on meds. Ya'll prob know more of what the last couple days entailed than I do, lol, kinda odd to say that. The swelling in my spinal cord is under control....I'm told I was literally minutes from going under the knife. smh. Def wouldn't have been prepared to wake up to a knife in my spine. They thought something was bleeding and filling my spine, but turns out the severe trauma sent it into shock and caused dangerous swelling, that was the culprit of the loss of feeling and motion I felt setting in. Scary thing is, it wasn't far from being a tragic outcome.....so luckily being a hard headed SOB that insists I'm fine, I got a good little better half that was watching out for me and smart enough to know something was seriously wrong. But anyway, enough about the F'd up damn injury. And PS, I don't need no fatherly advice, I still woulda crawled my ignorant ass outta here to watch A1. Lmao. Ok.....maybe knowing what I know now, I'd have thought twice, but hey its a good story I suppose. Laughing I still got a decently long road ahead of rehab but, thats life. I couldn't be more grateful to just be able to go through this PT.

Secondly, I kinda wanna apologize to everyone. My girl really wanted to help and was pretty terrified facing a lot of this by herself. So she did all she could think to do. But I was totally not cool with her trying to set up a go fund me and posting it up here. This is a bad situation, but its my bad situation to deal with, and attempting to gather donations from y'all got me a little bent outta shape. I know you guys from bantering about block passes in turn 1......but to be perfectly honest, that s the extent of our relationships.....so I just didn't think it was right to propose the burden to you guys. Granted, we are in a very tough situation with the accident happening the way it did, but I'll get things figured out....I always do. So I wanted to apologize for that. For the guys that did donate, Stan.......being one, I want you to know it honestly means the world, not even the money, but reading your heartfelt message......you are truly a good man and I don't say that lightly. However I insist you allow me to return the donation, just cause this ain't your burden to carry. But once again, really the thought meant more than any dollar ever could.

However! I did wanna thank all you guys. Y'all were very respectful to my girl and probably more helpful than you think. Strange as it may sound, it helped her a lot feeling like she had a bit of a support group and gave her something to do in updating you guys. My friends were stopping into the hospital throughout the day. But everyone has normal lives.......with the forum dwellers, theres always some lurching night owl around to talk to. But I really do appreciate that. Its a pretty helpless feeling being in that situation and not even being able to offer her verbal support. She felt pretty alone not knowing who was gonna wake up in that bed......me or a vegetable.

Last, we are seeking avenues to hopefully get something out of this and find someone liable with some finances.......not just some bum that shouldn't be here in the first dang place. We were advised to keep quiet about that portion of the case. We didn't know what to say and what not to, so trying to be careful on that. Anyway, I'm back....they couldn't kill me off that easy, even if the inlays woulda been happy. Laughing

|
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
1/9/2018 6:37pm
Glad you're all good, and best of luck finding who has the money there. Might be difficult
JM485
1/9/2018 6:44pm
Glad you're going to be alright man, that's a seriously scary deal and it pisses me off to hell that it was completely avoidable. Nobody should ever be in the position you're in, theres just no excuse for it and the people who do nothing to stop it should be held accountable for the damage their actions cause. Hope everything continues to go in the right direction with your recovery, that's the most important thing!
sickboy3636
1/9/2018 7:00pm
JM485 wrote:
Glad you're going to be alright man, that's a seriously scary deal and it pisses me off to hell that it was completely avoidable. Nobody should...
Glad you're going to be alright man, that's a seriously scary deal and it pisses me off to hell that it was completely avoidable. Nobody should ever be in the position you're in, theres just no excuse for it and the people who do nothing to stop it should be held accountable for the damage their actions cause. Hope everything continues to go in the right direction with your recovery, that's the most important thing!
Trying to keep my head up bud, but mark my words....I'm seething under the surface. The fact that more isn't being done should angry every American with a brain. Excusing certain laws isn't the American dream, its bullshit.
lumpy790
1/9/2018 7:31pm
Good to hear you are doing better. Keep plugging away!

The Shop

rohleder644
1/9/2018 7:41pm
Out of all this, I'm still the most bummed about your Tahoe!
Heal up well. Onward and upward
sickboy3636
1/9/2018 7:49pm
Out of all this, I'm still the most bummed about your Tahoe!
Heal up well. Onward and upward
Dude.......you have no idea. I think all my buddys were more depressed about the Tahoe being totaled than they were about me being in the hospital. Laughing Honestly.....I'm so bummed man. I can't even put into words how much work was done to that thing. Tugs at my heart strings just thinking about it. I know its just a truck but, theres some serious sentimental value wrapped up in that rowdy ass little monster truck. Sad
TeamGreen
1/9/2018 7:51pm
I love the 'tude.

Be well and be happy.
KDXGarage
1/9/2018 8:36pm
Congratulations on fighting through. Good luck in all of it.

If you don't mind me asking / distracting you, what did you do on the sound damping in the Tahoe? I saw in another thread where you mentioned doing that.

Thanks.
slipdog
1/9/2018 8:52pm
Pretty shitty deal to have to go through, glad you're going to be alright.

I don't think your girl really committed a cardinal sin because there's a bit of a difference in asking for help for someone in a coma with unknown spinal issues and asking for help to pay for tuition at xyz training facility so little Johnny can "go pro"
sickboy3636
1/9/2018 9:02pm
slipdog wrote:
Pretty shitty deal to have to go through, glad you're going to be alright. I don't think your girl really committed a cardinal sin because there's...
Pretty shitty deal to have to go through, glad you're going to be alright.

I don't think your girl really committed a cardinal sin because there's a bit of a difference in asking for help for someone in a coma with unknown spinal issues and asking for help to pay for tuition at xyz training facility so little Johnny can "go pro"
Touche......maybe I'm just a prideful bastard that needs some softened up. But I appreciate it man. Like I say, I know she was just doing what she felt was right, I just didn't want anyone here taking it the wrong way, ya feel me?
sickboy3636
1/9/2018 9:33pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2018 5:15am
KDXGarage wrote:
Congratulations on fighting through. Good luck in all of it. If you don't mind me asking / distracting you, what did you do on the sound...
Congratulations on fighting through. Good luck in all of it.

If you don't mind me asking / distracting you, what did you do on the sound damping in the Tahoe? I saw in another thread where you mentioned doing that.

Thanks.
Oh for sure man, I love talking about that old truck....things sewn to my soul. So...not to go into too much detail, but its another ridiculous story. I had everything done, all that was left is a clean up of the interior. So I got a reference and paid a guy to come out and do a shampoo of the floor. Was told this guy was the best of the best. I had considered doing new carpet, but the stock carpet is 100 times more durable. Anyway, I paid him up front cause he was a friend of a friend. I came back that night, rolled the truck inside. The next day I came to take a look at the interior.....when I opened the door I smelled rattle can paint. I kinda scratched my head and grabbed a mag lite. This f#ckin guy....another illegal working out of his truck, I shoulda known better.....SPRAY PAINTED MY ENTIRE FLOOR. Rather than shampoo it....this guy, I'm not even exaggerating, didn't even vacuum up the dirt. He spray painted the entire floor. Not only that, he used "chrome" spray paint on my gray carpet. As if this story isn't ridiculous enough, I had pulled the seats out for him. But he spray painted alllll along the base of where the plastic meets the floor. Dude, the picture you have in your head isn't even close to bad enough. He sprayed over my gas, brake, clutch pedals..........all the black plastic under the dash was either sprayed directly or oversprayed. Just to give you an idea, I'm an engineer by trade......along a part time machinist. So I think you have an idea of how I see details. I swear to you I almost went into cardiac arrest. Not to mention, being a 2 door, those plastics are near impossible to find. The chrome paint sucked into the old plastic and there was no way in hell of cleaning it.

Well......basically I say all that to explain what I did to the interior. I ended up stripped evvvvverything. I pulled every single piece of plastic out......I couldn't paint just the lower pieces cause after 20 years everything had faded together. So I got GM interior plastic paint and sanded/painted each individual piece from the console to the little bolt covers for under the seats. Turns out there were some spots with surface rust under the old carpet, so I wire wheeled the whole interior......taped all the windows and rust factory painted and sealed the whole interior metal structure. Then I figured I had gone this far......since evvvverything was out. I bought "Dynamat". I don't know if you've heard of it, but its like basically 3/8" thick pure tar with backing paper. They use it in competition sound vehicles. I literally went nuts. I knew I was gonna run it with cutouts, so I could run open headers with a switch and was putting in a good stereo, plus a 6" lift with 35" tires was gonna be loud as is. So I did the entire interior. The roof, floor, sides. Any piece that was exposed metal I dynamatted....then....I did it all over again and did two layers in the places that had the clearance. You have to cut out to clear certain places......but its pretty easy to trim. I covered the door panels in it. I had put a 5 speed manual......so I covered the cut out in the tunnel. Then the stock carpet also had stock sound deadening still intact from 96. I reinstalled the entire interior then. Let me tell you, I had done all the work at once and never drove the truck lifted without the stuff.........but I'm dead serious. I could use bluetooth to talk while ripping down the interstate at 85 with open headers roaring right by the fire wall. I mean, don't get me wrong it was still loud, esp when getting on the gas, but just the fact that the bluetooth worked was stunning to me.

If you do it, I highly recommend that you just spend a day and pull the majority of the interior out. You can't believe how much noise that empty tin sheetmetal structure makes....and if just a section is exposed, its enough to boom and wah with the road noise. If you take the time and do it right, it makes riding inside a joy.....virtually no road noise with even mud tires. The stuff isn't cheap and I think I have around $400 in just the dynamat. But get name brand stuff......the difference is worth it if you are going the far labor wise anyway.
Turbojez
1/10/2018 4:55am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2018 4:55am
Awesome to read that you're felling better, welcome back! Best wishes to you and your significant half, what she did says a lot about a person.
Donovan759
1/10/2018 5:05am
Glad to hear you're improving man! That's great to hear.
1/10/2018 6:08am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2018 6:14am
Ummm the go fund me told us you were single? But none the less I hope the man who caused this pays both literally and lawfully. He doesn’t deserve to live a free man after that, he deserves consequences.
BobbyM
1/10/2018 6:10am
colintrax wrote:
Glad you're all good, and best of luck finding who has the money there. Might be difficult
Same here good for you. Have fun be safe enjoy life.
pmshortt2
1/10/2018 7:08am
Ummm the go fund me told us you were single? But none the less I hope the man who caused this pays both literally and lawfully...
Ummm the go fund me told us you were single? But none the less I hope the man who caused this pays both literally and lawfully. He doesn’t deserve to live a free man after that, he deserves consequences.
Interesting... HuhPinch
KDXGarage
1/10/2018 5:17pm
Oh yes. I am familiar with Dynamat. It sounds like you did a great job with the sound damping! Two layers is great! Thanks for sharing your story on it. I can't imagine what I would do if someone did that spray paint job to my truck. OMG!!

Here's a truck door I did about 20 years ago. Ten hours per door, but it turned out awesome. It was a Nissan base model 1992?? truck. I did both doors. There was a Kenwood CD player, Jensen amp and I put in two MB Quart 6.5" 218.03CX co-axial speakers with the inline MB Quart passive crossovers. The midbass was awesome. Smile (regular cab)

sickboy3636
1/10/2018 6:52pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2018 6:55pm
Ummm the go fund me told us you were single? But none the less I hope the man who caused this pays both literally and lawfully...
You know how relationships are.....I am/was single. But Me an Ash been on off for many years....and you know girls.....the second she found out the condition I was in, she was right by my side. If you want the best way to rekindle a relationship, get in a serious car accident. lmao. I can't complain though, I live alone and doing everything by myself would be near impossible.
sickboy3636
1/10/2018 7:02pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2018 7:07pm
KDXGarage wrote:
Oh yes. I am familiar with Dynamat. It sounds like you did a great job with the sound damping! Two layers is great! Thanks for sharing...
Oh yes. I am familiar with Dynamat. It sounds like you did a great job with the sound damping! Two layers is great! Thanks for sharing your story on it. I can't imagine what I would do if someone did that spray paint job to my truck. OMG!!

Here's a truck door I did about 20 years ago. Ten hours per door, but it turned out awesome. It was a Nissan base model 1992?? truck. I did both doors. There was a Kenwood CD player, Jensen amp and I put in two MB Quart 6.5" 218.03CX co-axial speakers with the inline MB Quart passive crossovers. The midbass was awesome. Smile (regular cab)

The stuff is amazing and is surprisingly easy to work with. Looks like you did a solid job. Pretty awesome what that stuff does for sound. Makes a decent speaker sound top of the line when the door isn't rattling like a tin box. Did Focal Aluminum Cones in the Doors, Pioneer double din in dash unit that took some serious cutting and molding, and a JBL competition 8". Not a bass machine....but amazing for rock music. The vocals are amazing. Sounds like you def know what you're doing. As far as the paint in the interior......its took between 1-6 years off my life. I almost had a heart attack.
KDXGarage
1/10/2018 8:48pm
Sounds like you had it really set up well!

Keep getting better and hang in there. Don't get in a rush on anything. You have time.
sickboy3636
1/10/2018 8:56pm
KDXGarage wrote:
Sounds like you had it really set up well!

Keep getting better and hang in there. Don't get in a rush on anything. You have time.
Appreciate it man. Never dealt with a neck injury like this, but I've had my share of mx blunders and surgeries from head to toe....so I know the importance of letting the body heal. Strangely the hardest thing is sleeping, just no way to get comfy.

And ya man, when I say it was build.....I wasn't joking. Really bothers me overtime I think about it, I know its just stuff.....but to spend that many hours building to have this be its demise makes me pretty frickin angry. But I know sitting here stewing about it ain't helping....just hard not to.

Post a reply to: They couldn't kill me!! Now I got some amends to make...

The Latest