These races that are in HD

Factoryphoto
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 6:14pm
I dont get Speed in HD yet living in Sacramento its hard to believe that surrounding areas get it and we dont yet.. I just bought a house spent 4k on a home theatre.audio system and have HD everything with comcast hdmi box.. I was so pumped to see A2 on CBS last week hoping it would mimic some of the discovery and national geographic HD channels that look like im sitting in Africa with the lions..But when it came on it looked like it was just normal broadcast? I watch the races all week at night before I crash to have moto on the mind and pretty bummed how crappy the cbs HD looks. Anyone else have this too? I get other hd channels that look incredible but sx looks like dung. Before you rant on about "at least we get next day telecast" yes I know and I love it just wondering if everyone is seeing what I see.
Thanks
Hoss
|
SPYGUY
Fantasy
748th
1/24/2009 9:15am
I have no idea so I'm just going to throw out an uneducated guess:

Perhaps the broadcasts are in HD but the cameras used to capture the footage are non-HD cameras.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
1/24/2009 10:44am Edited Date/Time 1/24/2009 10:45am
A year back or so ...
One of the Speed TV guys told me that the CBS broadcast that was on the CBS Hi-Def channel was nothing more then a compressed digital broadcast.
By the looks of the broadcast,it does not look like it has changed since then.
urbanlift707
1/24/2009 10:50am
i have direct tv and my HD speed races are way sharper, as for cbs direct tv cant provide them in my area....bastards!
Motorbike
1/24/2009 10:57am
The Speed HD broadcasts are much better and different than the standard broadcast IMO. The CBS broadcast last week looked similar to the Speed broadcast. Here in eastern PA we get Speed HD as part of the basic HD package.
The problem I was having with the last weeks CBS HD broadcast was the sound wasn't working. At least the announcers anyway, but you could still hear the bikes.

The Shop

tcannon521
Fantasy
1398th
1/24/2009 11:10am
Motorbike wrote:
The Speed HD broadcasts are much better and different than the standard broadcast IMO. The CBS broadcast last week looked similar to the Speed broadcast. Here...
The Speed HD broadcasts are much better and different than the standard broadcast IMO. The CBS broadcast last week looked similar to the Speed broadcast. Here in eastern PA we get Speed HD as part of the basic HD package.
The problem I was having with the last weeks CBS HD broadcast was the sound wasn't working. At least the announcers anyway, but you could still hear the bikes.
Is that really a problem?
1/24/2009 11:57am
Hoss I wouldn't base anything off the last CBS broadcast. The whole show was messed up. The supercross preshow on cbs looked great as have the shows on speed. Then again I have directv.

Post a reply to: These races that are in HD

The Latest